• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A-1

Started by Interestingcall, March 01, 2018, 02:20:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk4L

After watching PR destroy Farmington I've changed my mind.  PR will win the conference.   Defense absolutely domainted the game.  Tate Busey had coming out party.   Looked great.  Hunter Raines had big day at WR.  Gentry fans should just stay home next week when PR comes to town.

DerekOxford

I'll say:

Shiloh
PR
Lincoln
PG
Berry
Grav
GF
Gentry

BigGuy22

The game that will decide the one seed will be Week 10 at Pea Ridge. Shiloh vs Pea Ridge for the conference championship and the one seed for the playoffs! Pea Ridge absolutely dominated Farmington tonight! They looked completely different from last week! 0 turnovers and I believe 5 Takeaways on Defense!! 42-0 isn't ever an easy task against a solid 5A team

beach bum

Quote from: BigGuy22 on September 14, 2018, 11:05:36 pm
The game that will decide the one seed will be Week 10 at Pea Ridge. Shiloh vs Pea Ridge for the conference championship and the one seed for the playoffs! Pea Ridge absolutely dominated Farmington tonight! They looked completely different from last week! 0 turnovers and I believe 5 Takeaways on Defense!! 42-0 isn't ever an easy task against a solid 5A team

Farmington is definitely not a solid 5A program. They are mediocre at best. They're honestly probably the most underachieving program in all of NWA in my opinion. They always have a big line and decent athletes. Not great athletes but enough to win some. What this good Pea Ridge result shows though is just how far PG dropped compared to Pea Ridge seeming to get things together well now. This big win for Pea Ridge shows just how bad of a loss that was for PG to Farmington. Pea Ridge and Shiloh will be a really good game.

Bobby Peru

Not even mediocre. Forget the fact there in a tuff 5A west conference They are 4-5 vs the 4A-1 over the last 3 years with 2 of those wins vs Huntsville.

RZback

Great night for PR.  Does throw a wrench in how the conference goes now.  I still wouldn't count out PG in any conference race.  the top three are the top three and right now it looks like a Lincoln 4th unless the quality of their opponents is even less than I suspect.  Berryville's wins and the rest of the conference bottom are not against strong teams either so I think you gotta put your money on Lincoln for 4th. 

nuttinbuthogs

"Combine that with knowing Pea Ridge and Prairie Grove are obviously no longer on their respective magic carpet rides," BBum,
Maybe the genie is back out of the bottle.

whippersnapper

Conference starts out this week. Predictions?
Gravette @ Lincoln
Pea Ridge @ Gentry
Green Forest @ Prairie Grove
Berryville @ Shiloh

bilboswaggins

Lincoln with the upset
Pea Ridge wins
Prairie Grove is Prairie Grove again
Shiloh wins easily

beach bum

September 16, 2018, 09:52:46 pm #159 Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 09:56:08 pm by beach bum
Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on September 16, 2018, 02:26:39 pm
"Combine that with knowing Pea Ridge and Prairie Grove are obviously no longer on their respective magic carpet rides," BBum,
Maybe the genie is back out of the bottle.

I knew out of PG and Pea Ridge's early season losses that people were overreacting to Pea Ridge's big loss to Harrison cause I knew Harrison was even going to beat at least half of their own 5A conference like a drum. Honestly, whoever gets the 1 seed in this conference is in a pretty good portion of the bracket to at least have a chance again at a pretty good playoff run. If Shiloh and Pea Ridge do what we expect then their week 10 meeting is huge cause the 2 seed's road is much tougher. Pea Ridge is no longer on the magic carpet ride, but has kept it together better than PG. Pea Ridge is still capable of a double digit win season including playoffs if it all plays out right. PG on the other hand had the carpet ride fall in the grass and get ran over by a lawn mower possibly never to fly again.

beach bum

Has it been since 2013 since Lincoln has beaten Gravette? I think they get over the hump and win between 14 and 17 points this week.

Hawk4L

20 Gravette @ Lincoln 34
52 Pea Ridge @ Gentry 7
14 Green Forest @ Prairie Grove 28
7 Berryville @ Shiloh 42

nuttinbuthogs

I don't see how Lincoln over Gravette could be called an upset.
Lincoln 35, Gravette 17
Pea Ridge 48, Gentry 0
Prairie Grove 35, Green Forest 7
Shiloh 42, Berryville 7

Thatoneguy2

1.GF
2.PR
3.Shiloh
4.PG
5.Gentry
6.Gravette
7.Lincoln
8.Berryville

prHOG13

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on September 17, 2018, 12:05:03 pm
Lincoln 35, Gravette 17
Pea Ridge 48, Gentry 0
Shiloh 42, Berryville 7
Agree, Gravette is in complete rebuild mode. Lincoln wins comfortably.

Thatoneguy2

Quote from: prHOG13 on September 17, 2018, 12:50:14 pm

Not very accurate, please do some research.
Also gentry will score 7 against PR
Green Forest will win against PG

beach bum

Quote from: Thatoneguy2 on September 17, 2018, 12:42:15 pm
1.GF
2.PR
3.Shiloh
4.PG
5.Gentry
6.Gravette
7.Lincoln
8.Berryville

I like they way you think cause we have finally found a 1-4A poster with more loose screws than myself.

beach bum

Quote from: prHOG13 on September 17, 2018, 12:50:14 pm

I think the old coach picked a very wise time to get out of town....

Thatoneguy2

Quote from: beach bum on September 17, 2018, 01:52:40 pm

I like they way you think cause we have finally found a 1-4A poster with more loose screws than myself.

Im not the brightest but I know my football. I predicted the comeback for Pea ridge and Tate Busey, so I think I understand the 4a-1 well enough to post accurate posts.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: beach bum on September 17, 2018, 01:52:40 pm

But he'll be gone in a couple of weeks and you'll still be here.

Thatoneguy2

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 17, 2018, 02:36:25 pm
But he'll be gone in a couple of weeks and you'll still be here.

Nope im here to stay. Just wait over time ill have better ideas.

bilboswaggins

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on September 17, 2018, 12:05:03 pm
Lincoln 35, Gravette 17
Pea Ridge 48, Gentry 0
Shiloh 42, Berryville 7

Well, last year did you even consider the thought that Lincoln would beat Gravette this year before the season started?

Patriot12

I new Bill was a smart guy.  Stinkien Lincoln to take down Lions.  Gravette has joined the bottom of the conference more then Lincoln has moved into the top.

RZback

Doesn't seem like the same 1-4A of the past 5 years or so.  We'll see how good the conference is when playoffs arrive.

footballclaim

Man if I had to put out a top 4 (because the bottom is usually a dumpster fire) ranking I'd say
1. Shiloh
2. Pea Ridge
3. Prairie Grove
4. Lincoln
Shiloh's defense is stellar with a stout d-line and secondary with playmakers all around and the offense has athletes to spare. The only place where I would hesitate is their offense and the quarterback position especially.
Pea Ridge is a solid team with talent all around but I can't give to much detail because i don't know them as well.
Prairie Grove is down this year I'd say but they have a toughness about them that gives them a definite advantage over most teams.
Honestly can't wait for week 10 rivalry game between Pea Ridge and Shiloh. That always has emotions running high and hostility to almost a maximum.

HeberFan

My computer says computer's can't predict football games.

RZback

Very curious to how the conference will turn out because it seems weaker than previous years.  Want to see how 1-4A does in playoffs.

Stealthfan

Several kids across at least 5 of the teams went on to play at the next level from last year.  Those players had their starting spots most if not all their HS playing careers.  The conference will gel as the season progresses.  There is some reloading with players a little wet behind the ears right now. 

bigchief72455

Quote from: Thatoneguy2 on September 17, 2018, 02:31:59 pm

Im not the brightest but I know my football. I predicted the comeback for Pea ridge and Tate Busey, so I think I understand the 4a-1 well enough to post accurate posts.
Quote from: Thatoneguy2 on September 17, 2018, 12:51:40 pm
Not very accurate, please do some research.
Also gentry will score 7 against PR
Green Forest will win against PG
What about now?

Thatoneguy2

1 out of 2 right I guess. I guess green forest is goin 0-10 and Pea Ridge will win 4a-1

Hawk4L

Gentry's only score was a kick return.  Was very muddy and sloppy game. Refs tried to give Gentry every call but they are just not any good. Ready to see how good Lincoln is next week when they play Pea Ridge

Baller91

Quote from: Hawk4L on September 22, 2018, 07:31:56 am
Gentry's only score was a kick return.  Was very muddy and sloppy game. Refs tried to give Gentry every call but they are just not any good. Ready to see how good Lincoln is next week when they play Pea Ridge

The only reply this ignorance deserves is - delusional. Any time Pea Ridge doesn't play well, it's the refs, or the weather, or anything else that is just an excuse for the fact that they just aren't that good this year.

RZback

It was wet and sloppy all over the state last night.  Gentry did score on a kick return. Officials did miss a few calls, (they always do).  Didn't think PR played with a lot of grit last night in the bad weather, just enough to win easily.  They are showing signs of improvement from early in the year though. 
Too bad it had to get ugly at the end.
Conference still seems to be up for grabs.  PG destroyed GF, Shiloh handled Berryville with ease, Lincoln and Gravette was more of a game than I expected but Gravette is down from past years for sure.

whippersnapper

Lincoln vs Gravette was a defensive ball game. Wolves only completed 2 passes the whole night and ran the ball around 85-90% of the time. Eventually in the 4th qtr Lincoln's little bit of depth showed up along the LOS. Lincoln punched in the go ahead TD with less then 5 mins to go. Lloyd had around 100 yards rushing while senior Crittenden added around 50 I would guess. Gotta be able to wins those type of games and this will help the wolves out later down the road. Should make for a good game in pea ridge this coming Friday.

RZback

Lincoln at PR will be important in sorting out who wins what in conference.  Gravette vs PG, Berryville vs Gentry. Those games may be the ones with the most in doubt of who will win or how they could affect the end of conference standings.  Lincolns opponents so far haven't shown much firepower on offense so will be interesting to see how that works out next week. A win here would be big. Gravette desperately needs to get a win somehow, doubtful.  Berryville needs this to stay out of the bottom and have any chance to get to the playoffs.

Hawk4L

Quote from: Baller91 on September 22, 2018, 11:16:34 am
The only reply this ignorance deserves is - delusional. Any time Pea Ridge doesn't play well, it's the refs, or the weather, or anything else that is just an excuse for the fact that they just aren't that good this year.

Were you at the game ?? Gentry is terrible and PR had tons of penalties. PR played very conservative game. It's not delusion.

Baller91

Quote from: Hawk4L on September 22, 2018, 04:49:50 pm
Were you at the game ?? Gentry is terrible and PR had tons of penalties. PR played very conservative game. It's not delusion.
[/quote

Yes, I was at the game. Pea Ridge earned every penalty they got and then some. The holding calls that were missed (against PR) were numerous. The entire conference is down, but this PR team was not impressive at all. Were they better than Gentry - yes, but if they are as good as you seem to think they are, they would have beat Gentry by a lot more than 20. There is no way the team I watched will win the conference.

Baller91

Quote from: RZback on September 22, 2018, 01:11:33 pm
It was wet and sloppy all over the state last night.  Gentry did score on a kick return. Officials did miss a few calls, (they always do).  Didn't think PR played with a lot of grit last night in the bad weather, just enough to win easily.  They are showing signs of improvement from early in the year though. 
Too bad it had to get ugly at the end.
Conference still seems to be up for grabs.  PG destroyed GF, Shiloh handled Berryville with ease, Lincoln and Gravette was more of a game than I expected but Gravette is down from past years for sure.
Well put. I hated that the Gentry PR game got ugly at the end too. Both teams lost three players for next week because cooler heads didn't prevail. Unfortunately, that is going to hurt Gentry a lot more than PR due to the lack of depth Gentry has. I just wasn't impressed with PR overall. They looked well below their usual caliber. Gentry has some real issues which is a shame because there are a handful of kids on that team with some real talent. I don't know what the answer is for their program.

Hawk4L

Yes PR is below what your use to seeing. They have dominated the conference for 3 seasons. It's a lot of new faces. Of course they will not be as good but the conference is terrible and they have a very good shot at winning conference. They didn't play great your right but doesn't mean anything. No one in the conference has a chance at going far in state.

Patriot12

Only thing worse then a sore looser is a classless winner welcome to Blackhawk football It's the ref, it's the weather, the other team is terrible  yes we only won
27-7 but we have plenty of excuses without giving any credit to who we play.

I think the ridge will win the conference. They have a very good defense just wish they could do it with more class. It's not been that long ago that they where the door mat of the conference. 

bilboswaggins

Quote from: Hawk4L on September 22, 2018, 05:56:15 pm
Yes PR is below what your use to seeing. They have dominated the conference for 3 seasons. It's a lot of new faces. Of course they will not be as good but the conference is terrible and they have a very good shot at winning conference. They didn't play great your right but doesn't mean anything. No one in the conference has a chance at going far in state.

Uhhhhh wrong. PG??

RZback

I've already said that I didn't think PR played well on Friday, I don't think a lot of it had to do with how Gentry did play.  You either show up excited to be there and play that way or you don't.  PR didn't look excited to be there.  The rain, maybe, bad pregame meal, maybe.  Who knows but they did win by a comfortable margin and Gentry really was only a small factor.  Sorry if that sounds bad but it's really the truth.  Gentry does have some good players, but not enough and their attitude is lacking.  A team that has tradtionally struggled and that is averaging 10.5 on offense and giving up 32 on defense needs to look at itself and see what the problem is.  It doesn't get fixed with questionable tactics during the game.  Moral victories just don't get it done for most teams.  I'm sure the coaches struggle with it every day. Finding a fix.

Baller91

Quote from: RZback on September 23, 2018, 09:46:08 am
I've already said that I didn't think PR played well on Friday, I don't think a lot of it had to do with how Gentry did play.  You either show up excited to be there and play that way or you don't.  PR didn't look excited to be there.  The rain, maybe, bad pregame meal, maybe.  Who knows but they did win by a comfortable margin and Gentry really was only a small factor.  Sorry if that sounds bad but it's really the truth.  Gentry does have some good players, but not enough and their attitude is lacking.  A team that has tradtionally struggled and that is averaging 10.5 on offense and giving up 32 on defense needs to look at itself and see what the problem is.  It doesn't get fixed with questionable tactics during the game.  Moral victories just don't get it done for most teams.  I'm sure the coaches struggle with it every day. Finding a fix.
I assure you the attitude and questionable tactics were just as prevalent from the PR players. There was plenty of that going on with both teams.

Dart@1090

I watched most of the Game against Gentry, an feel PR played a very vanilla game.  Also, that series has really gotten chippy over that last 10 years for some unknown reason.  Been way to much talk between the teams.  It is sad the #'s that Gentry has fallen down to.  Would not be surprised at all if they were to drop to 3A.  Looks as if PG revived It's season with a waxing of GF.  I imagine it will be a 3 horse race again this year with Lincoln  lurking at the 4 spot wishing for an upset.  Should be fun to watch!!! 

Hawk4L

Gentry couldn't compete in 3A in boys sports. The program is in trouble and it's not looking good at the pee wee level either.  There Girls basketball teams are about the only thing they compete in and that's only bc they have one of the best coaches in the state.

footballclaim

What about the game that PG played against Green Forest? That score seems to be just a bit cruel to me. I mean come on those kids were getting absolutely fried.

beach bum

Quote from: footballclaim on September 23, 2018, 08:03:14 pm
What about the game that PG played against Green Forest? That score seems to be just a bit cruel to me. I mean come on those kids were getting absolutely fried.

PG scored only 7 in the 2nd half so I am not sure what you are even talking about. It's not like they dropped 3 or 4 TD's in the 2nd half to pour it on.... When it got to 42-0 I am sure he yanked the first team offense right then so I really don't know what else you expect a team to do except knee it which would be a disgrace to competition. It has more to do with a team that lost to Yellville Summit is in this conference and outside of enrollment Green Forest has no business being in the 1-4A. This won't be the first time its 40 something to 0 half way through the 2nd quarter for Green Forest this season.

gameoflife

Quote from: footballclaim on September 23, 2018, 08:03:14 pm

Sometimes a team is just so defenseless there isn't any way to stop scoring and keep playing.  It's too bad that GF has come to this. 

beach bum

Quote from: gameoflife on September 23, 2018, 08:40:42 pm
Sometimes a team is just so defenseless there isn't any way to stop scoring and keep playing.  It's too bad that GF has come to this.

Exactly, it has more to do with GF than anything.... Honestly I just feel bad for them that they squeaked in enrollment wise to 4A just barely.

Baller91

Quote from: Hawk4L on September 23, 2018, 07:09:46 pm
Gentry couldn't compete in 3A in boys sports. The program is in trouble and it's not looking good at the pee wee level either.  There Girls basketball teams are about the only thing they compete in and that's only bc they have one of the best coaches in the state.
ka

Apparently you didn't attend the boys' basketball games last season.They were both very close games. As far as the Gentry Girls' Coach being one of the best in the state, that is a matter of opinion.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas