• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remaining Teams

Started by BigGuy22, February 23, 2018, 01:29:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigGuy22

Boys:
North Region:
Pottsville
Pea Ridge
Berryville
Booneville

South Region:
Dumas
Bauxite
Warren
Ashdown

East Region:
Jonesboro Westside
Southside Batesville
Baptist Prep
Riverview

BigGuy22

This is my guess on how the state tournament will look this year. I don't know a lot about the south region so forgive me if it looks a little off. But after tonight we will obviously know more.

1E: Jonesboro Westside

3N: Berryville
3S: Ashdown

1S: Bauxite

3E: SS Batesville
4N: Booneville

1N: Pottsville

2S: Dumas
4E: Riverview

2E: Baptist Prep

2N: Pea Ridge
4S: Warren

Don't hesitate to correct something if it looks off. This is just my personal opinion as to how this state tournament will look.

beach bum

Glad the East's 2 seed is the one that gets the last bye.... Usually does not randomly happen where the best region also gets the extra bye. That region deserves it cause its by far the best.

beach bum

Quote from: BigGuy22 on February 23, 2018, 01:40:49 pm
This is my guess on how the state tournament will look this year. I don't know a lot about the south region so forgive me if it looks a little off. But after tonight we will obviously know more.

1E: Jonesboro Westside

3N: Berryville
3S: Ashdown

1S: Bauxite

3E: SS Batesville
4N: Booneville

1N: Pottsville

2S: Dumas
4E: Riverview

2E: Baptist Prep

2N: Pea Ridge
4S: Warren

Don't hesitate to correct something if it looks off. This is just my personal opinion as to how this state tournament will look.

I just think you are brave... I would never be brave enough to pick semifinals, finals, and 3rd place games at regionals at risk making too many wrong predictions. Those regional games on Friday and Saturday are always so hard to predict.

BigGuy22

Yea that's definetly the best way that could've worked out. The East has so much firepower this year.

BigGuy22

Quote from: beach bum on February 23, 2018, 01:43:03 pm
I just think you are brave... I would never be brave enough to pick semifinals, finals, and 3rd place games at regionals at risk making too many wrong predictions. Those regional games on Friday and Saturday are always so hard to predict.
Yeah it's dang near impossible to predict every game but it's fun to try. After tonight we'll know how accurate I am

J12

1-3 in the East could go either way. Think Prep is still odds on favorite but we'll see here soon.

LRRandy

Of course anything could happen. But, I just don't see Westside beating Baptist Prep. Batesville Southside might be able to pull it off if they win tonight. I just think Baptist Prep is the best team.

J12

Quote from: LRRandy on February 23, 2018, 04:16:29 pm
Of course anything could happen. But, I just don't see Westside beating Baptist Prep. Batesville Southside might be able to pull it off if they win tonight. I just think Baptist Prep is the best team.

We're aware.

LRRandy

RiceMan3

So is Westside officially out? I'm getting discrepancies. One said the #1 seeds in regionals are going to state regardless. Another told me you lose round 1 and you're out.

Bbal789

Quote from: RiceMan3 on February 23, 2018, 07:34:30 pm
So is Westside officially out? I'm getting discrepancies. One said the #1 seeds in regionals are going to state regardless. Another told me you lose round 1 and you're out.

Westside has already qualified for state so they are not out.

J12

Top 4 advance. Westside plays loser of Prep and Riverview. From here on out it's for seeding and a trophy between SS and winner of last game tonight.

LRRandy

Quote from: J12 on February 23, 2018, 07:47:21 pm
Top 4 advance. Westside plays loser of Prep and Riverview. From here on out it's for seeding and a trophy between SS and winner of last game tonight.
more than a trophy. A regional championship. Only three of those in the state. Maybe I'm reading your comment incorrectly but you seem to be diminishing the accomplishment. Winning a regional championship is a really nice trophy. But those grapes probably would have been sour anyway, huh Aesop.

J12

Quote from: LRRandy on February 24, 2018, 09:29:04 am
more than a trophy. A regional championship. Only three of those in the state. Maybe I'm reading your comment incorrectly but you seem to be diminishing the accomplishment. Winning a regional championship is a really nice trophy. But those grapes probably would have been sour anyway, huh Aesop.

Why do you come on here trying to start something with every poster? Calm down

LRRandy

Quote from: J12 on February 24, 2018, 09:53:07 am
Why do you come on here trying to start something with every poster? Calm down
I just calls em as  I sees em.

J12

Quote from: LRRandy on February 24, 2018, 09:56:34 am
I just calls em as  I sees em.

You sure do that. On every thread. I just hope you don't represent the majority of Baptist Prep fans. Back to back state championships and a good shot at winning a third and you show no humility. Be humble. It goes a long way.

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: J12 on February 24, 2018, 10:06:06 am
You sure do that. On every thread. I just hope you don't represent the majority of Baptist Prep fans. Back to back state championships and a good shot at winning a third and you show no humility. Be humble. It goes a long way.
Someone call the wambulance we have a poster all up in his feels already today!

J12

Good luck to Prep and everyone next week.

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: J12 on February 24, 2018, 10:17:54 am
Good luck to Prep and everyone next week.
Indeed, may it be injury free and well officiated!

LRRandy

dude, this is a message board. We gather or exchange information about a sport we love.  Part of the fun for me is the jousting that goes back and forth among some posters. The snarky comments are a game. If you don't like the game don't play. (See:  your dictionary post). To me this is like the old pinball machines that all had a sticker on them that said " FOR AMUSEMENT ONLY"  it's just for fun man. Lighten up. It goes a long way.

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: LRRandy on February 24, 2018, 11:52:56 am
dude, this is a message board. We gather or exchange information about a sport we love.  Part of the fun for me is the jousting that goes back and forth among some posters. The snarky comments are a game. If you don't like the game don't play. (See:  your dictionary post). To me this is like the old pinball machines that all had a sticker on them that said " FOR AMUSEMENT ONLY"  it's just for fun man. Lighten up. It goes a long way.
I too enjoy the harmless banter.

Bbal789

He definitely doesn't represent the majority of Baptist's fan. I've sat around Baptist's fans and they don't do anything that would  make you mad. They just go and cheer on their team.

beach bum

Quote from: LRRandy on February 24, 2018, 11:52:56 am

He definitely was never part of the Buckeye thread to understand this place  ;D .... I think I was one of the only ones if not the only one who was impartial there and would argue against the Hog guys for you cause they were biased anti OSU guys, but I also jabbed my fair share to at you from time to time.

LRRandy

Quote from: beach bum on February 24, 2018, 03:12:26 pm
He definitely was never part of the Buckeye thread to understand this place  ;D .... I think I was one of the only ones if not the only one who was impartial there and would argue against the Hog guys for you cause they were biased anti OSU guys, but I also jabbed my fair share to at you from time to time.
nuthin wrong with a little jab back and forth. It's the tender hearted quit pickin on me types that get their feathers ruffled over message board banter. I still remember the thread three years ago when you were pimping Pea Ridge 3 point shooters and I dropped the opening to eminem loose yourself on you. Of course they didn't get past Pottsville that year.

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: Bbal789 on February 24, 2018, 02:57:17 pm
He definitely doesn't represent the majority of Baptist's fan. I've sat around Baptist's fans and they don't do anything that would  make you mad. They just go and cheer on their team.
You need a hug?

JessieP

Quote from: J12 on February 23, 2018, 07:47:21 pm

I agree, these games are pointless. It's more of the AAA imposing their "Participation Trophy" agenda on high school basketball. ESPN ran a segment today about how March Madness is so popular, the advertising revenue surpases the entire NFL playoffs. They spoke to a sports psychologist who said the single elimination element of the tournament breeds the toughest competition and highest drama. The cream rises to the top. Our high school playoffs are becoming a hockey type joke, who doesn't make postseason?. Between the numerous Conference, Regional and District tournaments a team can pick-up 3 or 4 trophies and still not be state champ. District/Regional finals are pointless, both teams advance. The trophies they win are great thing, for the companies that make trophies.

Livewire

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on February 24, 2018, 10:22:15 am

Well it certainly wasn't injury free! 😕
Riley Felkins with 13 stitches on the eyelid. Wish him speedy recovery and hope for no permanent damage or scarring.

Greatdane6

South State Seeding:
Girls
1. Monticello
2. Star City
3. Warren
4. Ashdown
Boys
1. Bauxite
2. Warren
3. Dumas
4. Ashdown

Livewire

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on February 24, 2018, 10:22:15 am

Riley Felkins with 13 stitches on the eyelid. Wish him speedy recovery and hope for no permanent damage or scarring.

BigGuy22

Boys North Seeds:
Pottsville
Berryville
Pea Ridge
Booneville

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: Livewire on February 24, 2018, 09:30:22 pm
Sounds like he took an elbow. Hate to hear that.

Sigmund Sauer

J12

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on February 25, 2018, 11:21:36 am
Sounds like he took an elbow. Hate to hear that.

Maybe look into better officiating as the post season progresses. Just because you're a former Razorback doesn't mean you should be given officiating duties in the playoffs.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas