• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Baptist Prep Struggles

Started by Bbal789, January 12, 2018, 10:03:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Neckred

How does McBride not have an Arkansas offer and Justice Hill does? 

Bbal789

Quote from: Neckred on March 11, 2018, 03:44:25 pm
How does McBride not have an Arkansas offer and Justice Hill does?

Who knows. Head to head Issac Mcbride has beaten Justice Hill almost every time. Baptist Prep has always beaten Little Rock Christian when Issac Mcbride was playing Justice Hill. I remember someone telling me when Issac and Justice were just getting known that Issac had 33 points against Justice who had 7 and Baptist won. Also in varsity Issac's teams have beaten Justice's and the media still always puts Little Rock Christian ahead of Baptist Prep.

beach bum

McBride must only be being overlooked cause he isn't 6'4 or 6'5..... That's sad cause he is going to prove a lot of people wrong. The kids just a winner.

BigLion10

Look who Hill's daddy is also

JessieP

Quote from: beach bum on March 11, 2018, 10:28:23 pm
McBride must only be being overlooked cause he isn't 6'4 or 6'5..... That's sad cause he is going to prove a lot of people wrong. The kids just a winner.

I follow football far more than basketball. I am though quite a die-hard college hoops fan, Christmas has begun. I watched 3 or 4 4A games this year including the championship. Yesterday I watched Jonesboro vs. West Memphis, wow! McBride is a very good ball player, as is Felts, but watching yesterday it was clear that the gulf between 4A and 6A is wide and deep. The 6A game moves light years faster and the physicality is night and day. Although both players would start in the 6A and be great players, neither one would put up those type numbers. It's a big difference. Maybe Hill is getting more respect because the jump to 5A is quite different. Now before someone gives an example about so and so playing against this team or that team and having a good day remember, that is antidoctal. No 4A team could withstand the rigors of 6A teams game after game. You got to figure recruiters look at these players and say "Yeah, good numbers but that was against small schools". The competition makes a huge difference.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: beach bum on March 11, 2018, 10:28:23 pm

Yep, undersized for a shooting guard.

Neckred

Quote from: JessieP on March 11, 2018, 11:37:31 pm
I follow football far more than basketball. I am though quite a die-hard college hoops fan, Christmas has begun. I watched 3 or 4 4A games this year including the championship. Yesterday I watched Jonesboro vs. West Memphis, wow! McBride is a very good ball player, as is Felts, but watching yesterday it was clear that the gulf between 4A and 6A is wide and deep. The 6A game moves light years faster and the physicality is night and day. Although both players would start in the 6A and be great players, neither one would put up those type numbers. It's a big difference. Maybe Hill is getting more respect because the jump to 5A is quite different. Now before someone gives an example about so and so playing against this team or that team and having a good day remember, that is antidoctal. No 4A team could withstand the rigors of 6A teams game after game. You got to figure recruiters look at these players and say "Yeah, good numbers but that was against small schools". The competition makes a huge difference.
Yea there is a big difference in 4a and 6a.  That being said McBride is better than anybody those 6a teams had.  As far as the Felts kid he isn't in McBrides league at all. 

ArkansasSportsFan

Quote from: Neckred on March 12, 2018, 09:19:59 am
Yea there is a big difference in 4a and 6a.  That being said McBride is better than anybody those 6a teams had.  As far as the Felts kid he isn't in McBrides league at all.

I don't think anybody doubts that McBride could step into 6a and be just fine, but the surrounding crew probably wouldn't match up well.

Rocket23

Also basketball players get their cred on the summer circuit against top talent.  Major D1 College coaches put much more stock in summer play vs school ball because in most cases there can be such a difference if talent you go up against.

McBride, I don't believe, has played much on the upper level summer circuit.  That is probably why he doesn't have any major D1 offers.  But I have watched him and officiated him in the past, and he is a talented player.

Austin Reeves is making some coaches wished they had offered him.

Bbal789

Quote from: ArkansasSportsFan on March 12, 2018, 11:32:18 am
I don't think anybody doubts that McBride could step into 6a and be just fine, but the surrounding crew probably wouldn't match up well.

I actually would disagree Baptist Prep plays high level teams from Tennessee every year. Even this year without Connor Vanover they beat three Tennessee teams in showcase games and Mcbride showed out and the role players contributed. Mcbride had 46 points in the Lighthouse Classic and broke the previous record held by current Alabama guard John Petty. Baptist can compete with many teams in higher classifications. Their only bad showing was the game I saw them play against North Little Rock but if they played again I bet the game is much closer. Yes Justice Hill plays in a tougher league but Baptist has beaten Little Rock Christian every time Mcbride is matched with Hill.

Bbal789

Quote from: Rocket23 on March 12, 2018, 12:37:29 pm
Also basketball players get their cred on the summer circuit against top talent.  Major D1 College coaches put much more stock in summer play vs school ball because in most cases there can be such a difference if talent you go up against.

McBride, I don't believe, has played much on the upper level summer circuit.  That is probably why he doesn't have any major D1 offers.  But I have watched him and officiated him in the past, and he is a talented player.

Issac Mcbride played for Team Penny and the Arkansas Hawks last summer. Not sure about this summer.

Rocket23

Quote from: Bbal789 on March 12, 2018, 12:42:07 pm
I actually would disagree Baptist Prep plays high level teams from Tennessee every year. Even this year without Connor Vanover they beat three Tennessee teams in showcase games and Mcbride showed out and the role players contributed. Mcbride had 46 points in the Lighthouse Classic and broke the previous record held by current Alabama guard John Petty. Baptist can compete with many teams in higher classifications. Their only bad showing was the game I saw them play against North Little Rock but if they played again I bet the game is much closer. Yes Justice Hill plays in a tougher league but Baptist has beaten Little Rock Christian every time Mcbride is matched with Hill.

They played one time their sophomore year at the Holiday Hoops Classic in Bentonville.  And I don't think they played each other their freshman year. 

But you ask any D1 coach and they put more stock in upper summer circuit over prep ball any day.  Baptist Prep does travel and plays an excellent out-of-conference schedule.  Brian Ross is one of the better coaches in the state.

Neckred

Quote from: Rocket23 on March 12, 2018, 12:37:29 pm

Reaves should be a Hog

businesstron

Quote from: JessieP on March 11, 2018, 11:37:31 pm

As far as the game moving faster that might have more to do with the teams then it does the entire classification.  After about 4 good teams 6a isn't pretty blah.   Anytime you get a team with the calibur of athleticism and talent like Jonesboro and West Memphis has that game is gonna be an up and down affair.   It's the same if you get Parkview, Fair, Mills or North Little rock on the same court.  I think Mcbride would be alright in the bigger classification.  He may not be a big deal like he is in 4a but he would definitely be good.   

I think their was a dude that moved to Bryant from a 3a or 4a school and he ended up having a pretty good year this year.  He may of won a state championship last year. 

RamblinRazorWreck

Quote from: businesstron on March 12, 2018, 05:00:05 pm
As far as the game moving faster that might have more to do with the teams then it does the entire classification.  After about 4 good teams 6a isn't pretty blah.   Anytime you get a team with the calibur of athleticism and talent like Jonesboro and West Memphis has that game is gonna be an up and down affair.   It's the same if you get Parkview, Fair, Mills or North Little rock on the same court.  I think Mcbride would be alright in the bigger classification.  He may not be a big deal like he is in 4a but he would definitely be good.   

I think their was a dude that moved to Bryant from a 3a or 4a school and he ended up having a pretty good year this year.  He may of won a state championship last year.

Khalen Robinson.  Won the 3A Title at Episcopal last year.

Mulerider4Life

I think Baptist Prep is more of a baseball school.

BigLion10

I hope your not serious mulerider lol

Mulerider4Life

I am as serious as Stephen A Smith

Eagle20

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on March 26, 2018, 11:58:20 am
I think Baptist Prep is more of a baseball school.
Why?  Baptist Basketball has won 6 state championships in the lst 21 Years.  Base97,99,09,16,17,18.  Baseball has won one.

2fe

Quote from: Eagle20 on March 27, 2018, 07:07:22 pm
Why?  Baptist Basketball has won 6 state championships in the lst 21 Years.  Base97,99,09,16,17,18.  Baseball has won one.

Yeah, that doesn't make much sense.  They've got a fine baseball program, but they're obviously more of a basketball school. 
1. basketball
2. baseball
and a distant 3. football

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas