• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bohannon to announce the 19th @ 2p.m

Started by bigbrew25, December 15, 2017, 06:32:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

501Arkansas

He will see playing time his 2nd year if that

bdubyab60

Since he's the only QB on the roster I'd say next year unless they get a transfer

bdubyab60

Quote from: couch-coach06 on December 19, 2017, 03:58:54 pm
Ok I've set back and let you run your mouth about our hogs and not said a word but this is the dumbest statement I have ever heard. . Baylor is not a dang ivy league school or Stanford you get the same degree as Arkansas .. the only reason he is going there is cause he is a chicken  and scared of a QB battle .. jokes on him cause they have a very good qb that played several games as a freshman and he will likely set 3 years behind that kid .. you are talking about a university that had one of the largest sex scandles ever   . And won 1 football game and trying too make it sound like harvard .. Arkansas takes care of it's own ! Baylor will not ! I don't wish any I'll will on the kid ..
Rumors of that QB transferring from Baylor.

mr.gametime

Danny west is on Twitter trying to make it seem like he wanted Arkansas to drop Conner noland

bdubyab60

Quote from: mr.gametime on December 19, 2017, 02:55:13 pm
And the kid from Charleston flipped from Arkansas to Oklahoma State yesterday..smh...gotta keep in state talent home.
Well most of the commits were committed to BB. The excuse this kid supposedly gave was that Morris didn't contact him fast enough. Morris was at his house the day after he was announced as coach and one of his first visits. Also had another OL flip to Florida. But we have picked up two other Arkansas players, Phillips and Ferrell.

We will have 4 QBs on roster after tomorrow. A 5* 2019 QB is out there that Morris is going after hard.

Bohannon wanted guaranteed QB playing time. He will probably get it at Baylor

bdubyab60

Quote from: mr.gametime on December 19, 2017, 04:27:33 pm
Danny west is on Twitter trying to make it seem like he wanted Arkansas to drop Conner noland
Ive read that also

couch-coach06

Quote from: bdubyab60 on December 19, 2017, 04:32:30 pm
Well most of the commits were committed to BB. The excuse this kid supposedly gave was that Morris didn't contact him fast enough. Morris was at his house the day after he was announced as coach and one of his first visits. Also had another OL flip to Florida. But we have picked up two other Arkansas players, Phillips and Ferrell.

We will have 4 QBs on roster after tomorrow. A 5* 2019 QB is out there that Morris is going after hard.

Bohannon wanted guaranteed QB playing time. He will probably get it at Baylor

Thing is most big time players don't have that mind set bro .. most of them think they can beat out anyone the good ones have a chip on there shoulder and an air of confidence!

RZback

So what do we have for sure at QB at this point?

bdubyab60

Quote from: RZback on December 19, 2017, 04:57:03 pm
So what do we have for sure at QB at this point?
Cole Kelly, Ty Storey, Daulton Hyatt and Connar Noland if he doesn't get offered a multi million dollar baseball contract. That's unlikely so we will have those 4

beach bum

couch-coach06

It's obvious we should have just hired beach bum as a head coach ..

beach bum

Quote from: couch-coach06 on December 19, 2017, 05:05:28 pm
It's obvious we should have just hired beach bum as a head coach ..

If only we could have gotten Malzahn....

1995fan

Quote from: Mr. Trill on December 19, 2017, 02:46:29 pm
GB has made his selection. After following all of his retweeting I knew this would be his selection

I'm extremely happy for him. I was super impressed with the video that highlighted his work ethic.  I guess I will watch Baylor football to support an Arkansas kid!!!!!

NEark tigers

December 19, 2017, 06:26:16 pm #113 Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 06:53:26 pm by NEark tigers
Congrats, Mr. Bohannon

ISelfishly, I  was hoping for Memphis, but what's best for you is of the up most importance..

Champ74

Ok I've set back and let you run your mouth about our hogs and not said a word but this is the dumbest statement I have ever heard. . Baylor is not a dang ivy league school or Stanford you get the same degree as Arkansas .. the only reason he is going there is cause he is a chicken  and scared of a QB battle .. jokes on him cause they have a very good qb that played several games as a freshman and he will likely set 3 years behind that kid .. you are talking about a university that had one of the largest sex scandles ever   . And won 1 football game and trying too make it sound like harvard .. Arkansas takes care of it's own ! Baylor will not ! I don't wish any I'll will on the kid ..

Wow! Chicken? You should feel really great after this! How about it was his choice that you don't seem to respect because you're a fan and not a man. The weakest type of that sits behind a screen and calls a kid a Chicken that went against what you're punk as and all the others that doesn't his choice, I believe he's a very brave young man to make a decision on his own regardless of punks like you. I wanted him to go to Memphis but that was selfish of me but I'll never stoop to this low level scumbag.

beach bum

Quote from: Champ74 on December 19, 2017, 07:20:27 pm
Wow! Chicken? You should feel really great after this! How about it was his choice that you don't seem to respect because you're a fan and not a man. The weakest type of that sits behind a screen and calls a kid a Chicken that went against what you're punk as and all the others that doesn't his choice, I believe he's a very brave young man to make a decision on his own regardless of punks like you. I wanted him to go to Memphis but that was selfish of me but I'll never stoop to this low level scumbag.

+1

Champ74

Quote from: bdubyab60 on December 19, 2017, 05:00:07 pm
Cole Kelly, Ty Storey, Daulton Hyatt and Connar Noland if he doesn't get offered a multi million dollar baseball contract. That's unlikely so we will have those 4

You're calling him Chicken when you guys have 4 QBs on the roster and you expect him to be the 5th simply because you are a fan and not a man! Get over yourself, what you care about is not that important to be disrespectful to a child scumbag. Sad part is if he was your son you would tell him to take his chip on his shoulder to a school like Baylor that doesn't have a QB Identity Crises.

nightowl

Congrats to you Mr Bohannon.  You have made an excellent choice.  Go ahead do your best on and off the field.  I will fly in by night to see you play on Saturday. 

Dogg

VERY STUPID!!

bdubyab60

Quote from: Champ74 on December 19, 2017, 07:29:19 pm
You're calling him Chicken when you guys have 4 QBs on the roster and you expect him to be the 5th simply because you are a fan and not a man! Get over yourself, what you care about is not that important to be disrespectful to a child scumbag. Sad part is if he was your son you would tell him to take his chip on his shoulder to a school like Baylor that doesn't have a QB Identity Crises.
Where did I call him chicken. He wanted guaranteed playing time. That's what influenced his decision. I stated what I read and I can't remember condemning his decision. Quite the post where I called him chicken.

I never said he would be 5th. I answered a question as to what QB's would be on the roster.

It's his decision and I really don't have an issue with it other than I'd of liked him to be a Hog. I didn't like his hat fake out though.

Other than that you can take your scumbag comment. Wrap it in sand paper, sit on it and spin then pull it out and suck it down your throat. Once your done with that you can kiss my fat butt

bdubyab60

Find me one negative comment I've made about this kid. Freaking idiot.

couch-coach06

I called him chicken and I probably shouldn't have .. but it just blows my mind ..

Champ74

Sorry BDub that wasn't meant for you, I apologize it was meant for "couch digging in his tail coach," you've always been supportive like we are supportive of EPC. My bad, I've read so many negative and racist comments today that I for one thing am so glad that he did not choose Arkansas.

bdubyab60

We cool. I'll say I wanted him to be a Hog. He's not and I hope he does well

couch-coach06

Well I for sure didn't say anything racist. . like I said shouldn't have called him a chicken either .. I don't like his decision but you know what that doesn't matter cause it wasn't mine too make !

Champ74

Bigboyodell

Quote from: couch-coach06 on December 19, 2017, 08:14:36 pm
I called him chicken and I probably shouldn't have .. but it just blows my mind ..
How someone that is from Foreman call anybody a chicken after you take info from Marion HS coach and call AAA on Earle and kid from Earle that you pray he plays for the hogs and expects to go to Arkansas

NEark tigers

After reading these comments, and I'm very appalled of these responses after this young man made a decision that was best for him and his family. Calling him a "chicken" and scared of a QB battle, you must feel like a real big shot behind a computer screen.

Couch, you should be ashamed of yourself for that. Thank God he did not choose Arkansas because he probably wasn't going to get a fair shake, anyway...that's my two cents..

#AnywhereButArkansas
#BigXII

Hoghead2

Quote from: RZback on December 16, 2017, 07:49:56 pm
Bohannan is going to have to learn how to play college ball where the talent across the LOS is much better than he sees right now.  It is not going to just happen.  Domination may come one day but it won't be next year.
Every player coming out of high school has to do this. I remember a Big RB coming out of Earle, Arkansas named Michael Forest. He turned out pretty good for the Hogs. Good luck to Bohannon at Baylor University.  Great School !!!

bdubyab60

I question the great school. At least they fired most of the folks that were running that program

Champ74

Quote from: Hoghead2 on December 20, 2017, 02:04:37 am
Every player coming out of high school has to do this. I remember a Big RB coming out of Earle, Arkansas named Michael Forest. He turned out pretty good for the Hogs. Good luck to Bohannon at Baylor University.  Great School !!!

+1

couch-coach06

Quote from: NEark tigers on December 19, 2017, 11:01:05 pm
After reading these comments, and I'm very appalled of these responses after this young man made a decision that was best for him and his family. Calling him a "chicken" and scared of a QB battle, you must feel like a real big shot behind a computer screen.

Couch, you should be ashamed of yourself for that. Thank God he did not choose Arkansas because he probably wasn't going to get a fair shake, anyway...that's my two cents..

#AnywhereButArkansas
#BigXII

I've said I was in the wrong . But whrn you have an offer list such as his and you decide on a top 4 like his .. it leaves one too wonder ! You have too see that don't you ? You can't be that blinded?

Champ74

So couch, he should have chosen the Hog obviously why again?

doggieskoot2

He is in the same boat a the Monk kid.  I will never root for him.
May he have a long and healthy career, but don't apply for a job after football in this state.

couch-coach06

Quote from: Champ74 on December 20, 2017, 08:23:49 am
So couch, he should have chosen the Hog obviously why again?

Cause that's what everyone from Arkansas should do !

Dogg

Quote from: doggieskoot2 on December 20, 2017, 08:32:18 am
He is in the same boat a the Monk kid.  I will never root for him.
May he have a long and healthy career, but don't apply for a job after football in this state.
You not rooting for him didn't hinder the Hornets from drafting him or Nike giving him a shoe contract

Champ74

I thought about all the talented small classification kids that the Hogs have overlooked in the recent past from South Arkansas and the Delta, Junction City keep a stable of talent, right now Rivercrest, Wynne, and Osceola have complete Stallions available and everyone is being completely negative about Gerry going out of state when he was never even recruited as a QB but was Nationally ranked. What I'm hearing is a lot of people saying skip your dreams of playing Quarterback and just come play for the Hogs where ever we need you if we need you, that's absolutely Bull. Florida and Texas supply the nation with athletes every year to top tier teams and those states still maintain top level performances in their universities for the most, but right now the Natural State is sending a message to its youth saying "If you're talented play for the Hogs or don't Play at all, kill your dreams, you have no choice!" This is totally Sad!

Champ74

Quote from: couch-coach06 on December 20, 2017, 08:38:58 am

Cause that's what everyone from Arkansas should do !

This is ridiculous and you know it. First off our own roster is filled with out of state kids who's spots could be available to kids from instate, so technically the Hogs aren't even loyal to the athletes here, but I guess that doesn't even matter that the kid from Mt. Ida doesn't have a Hog offer and he's a beast! Give his offer to a Texas or Florida kid, but you expect our small town kids to Hog or Die! Get out of here.

couch-coach06

December 20, 2017, 09:26:57 am #138 Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 09:30:23 am by couch-coach06
Quote from: Champ74 on December 20, 2017, 09:24:59 am
This is ridiculous and you know it. First off our own roster is filled with out of state kids who's spots could be available to kids from instate, so technically the Hogs aren't even loyal to the athletes here, but I guess that doesn't even matter that the kid from Mt. Ida doesn't have a Hog offer and he's a beast! Give his offer to a Texas or Florida kid, but you expect our small town kids to Hog or Die! Get out of here.
Umm .. man idk .. what too say ..but I'm sure that kid will get him a chance too play on sat . I doubt it will be at the sec level though... He would probably need too be a lil faster ?

RATTLER43

I was hoping he would be a Razorback.  But I wish him the best of luck and will follow his career just like I have so many other Arkansas athletes. Congrats!

RATTLER43

I was hoping he would be a Razorback.  But I wish him the best of luck and will follow his career just like I have so many other Arkansas high school athletes.
Congrats!
Hope you are incredible at Baylor.

mr.gametime

Quote from: Champ74 on December 20, 2017, 09:24:59 am

Let's not go overboard now..there is a huge difference between being a good highschool player and being a player talented enough to play in the S.E.C...

Pick_DA_EAGLES

What were G.B.'S stats for the year and his career at Earle? Will he be playing basketball for Earle this year?

NEark tigers

Quote from: RATTLER43 on December 20, 2017, 09:55:19 am
I was hoping he would be a Razorback.  But I wish him the best of luck and will follow his career just like I have so many other Arkansas high school athletes.
Congrats!
Hope you are incredible at Baylor.
Thanks for the support, Rattler...

Are you from Murfreesboro, if so, is that young man #41 that played last year in the playoffs, playing collge football? He was a tough load that Earle played last year.....

Champ74

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 20, 2017, 12:29:34 pm
What were G.B.'S stats for the year and his career at Earle? Will he be playing basketball for Earle this year?

No basketball, he's heading to Texas...

Career Total for Gerry Bohanon Jr.

Passing- 11,362 yards
Touch Downs-142
Rush- 5,925 yards

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Champ74 on December 20, 2017, 02:25:28 pm
No basketball, he's heading to Texas...

Career Total for Gerry Bohanon Jr.

Passing- 11,362 yards
Touch Downs-142
Rush- 5,925 yards

Thanks. I didn't really figure he would be playing basketball.

WonderWartHawg

Pretty simple sounding to me.
He just doesn't want any competition for the job.

Champ74

December 20, 2017, 09:15:12 pm #147 Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 09:17:02 pm by Champ74
Quote from: WonderWartHawg on December 20, 2017, 09:07:46 pm

Why should he? He wasn't recruited for the job, plus he's already got a job to compete for.

Dogg

Quote from: WonderWartHawg on December 20, 2017, 09:07:46 pm
Simple would have been to offer him early, like while he was at  the Hogs camp prior to the start of his Sr. season

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Didn't the coach offer him as soon as possible?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas