• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SPECIAL REPORT........Earle is forfeiting all varsity football games

Started by Lanny, November 30, 2017, 03:45:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanny

Earle High School notified the Arkansas Activities Association on Thursday that it was forfeiting
all of its varsity football games including playoff games in which an ineligible player participated
during the 2017 football season.
"We are grateful to Earle High School for its integrity and honesty while dealing with a sensitive
issue," AAA Executive Director Lance Taylor said. The district self-reported what is considered a
violation of AAA rules and took immediate action.
Due to self-reporting the use of an ineligible player, Earle High School has been removed from
the 2017 Class 2A football play-offs. Salem High School, who was defeated by Earle in last
week's quarter-final game, will advance into the semi-final game versus Foreman High School.
The 2A semi-final games will be rescheduled as follows:
Friday, December 8, 2017 – 7 PM
Salem @ Forman
Mt. Ida @ Camden Harmony Grove
The 2A Championship Game will be played Friday, December 15, 2017, 7 PM at War Memorial
Stadium.

bdubyab60

Mr. Trill

hornets23byers

Yall all said they were well coached. I'm assuming possibly they were lol . Just sad because of kids . But surely they knew .

M.I. D

whippersnapper

NEark tigers

Shame, shame, shame.....a great year wasted by Earle Administration...

Pick_DA_EAGLES

No wonder they didn't want any pictures taken of their practice

Lions65

Couldn't find a preacher to marry their players or didn't know how to rent property like Hampton?

NEark tigers

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 30, 2017, 04:02:02 pm
No wonder they didn't want any pictures taken of their practice
Could it be they said NO!!. You didn't understand that.

playmaker04

They were questions a couple of years ago about the kids from Marion. karma! Lol

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: NEark tigers on November 30, 2017, 04:04:55 pm
Could it be they said NO!!. You didn't understand that.

Or maybe they knew They were cheaters and didn't want pictures.

Missco

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Missco on November 30, 2017, 04:06:55 pm
Oh, lawd this is horrible for the kids.

Some will forget this and do their best to run the team and school thru the mud

bdubyab60

Quote from: NEark tigers on November 30, 2017, 04:00:53 pm
Shame, shame, shame.....a great year wasted by Earle Administration...
NEA is this coming from investigation in to other report from a few weeks back. Disappointing for sure

hornets23byers

Sounds to me the state needs to take over and run the school district until it can be ran with better structure ...

bigboy77

HorseFeathers

Quote from: hornets23byers on November 30, 2017, 04:08:43 pm
Sounds to me the state needs to take over and run the school district until it can be ran with better structure ...

They already took over the district a few weeks back...

And why would playing an inelgible player warrant the state taking over a district anyway?

stuck in between

I hate to hear this for the kids at Earle that worked their tail off to get to the semifinals. There are people at fault, but those people are not the kids. My question is how did the Triple A decide to give Salem the second chance and not Mineral Springs or any of the other teams that Earle defeated in the season? What position are they putting Salem in considering they have already turned their pads in for the year? No win situation here. 

WTD

I know they had a kid from Marion that should've graduated last year!

M.I. D

Quote from: stuck in between on November 30, 2017, 04:10:36 pm
I hate to hear this for the kids at Earle that worked their tail off to get to the semifinals. There are people at fault, but those people are not the kids. My question is how did the Triple A decide to give Salem the second chance and not Mineral Springs or any of the other teams that Earle defeated in the season? What position are they putting Salem in considering they have already turned their pads in for the year? No win situation here. 

Salem advanced the furthest in the playoffs. They are the last team Earle beat so they get to play.

COACH-Mike

Postponed a week and Mineral is left out.  We could and would play Salem this week.  Why?  Because they can.

couch-coach06

In my opinion it sucks for everyone .. even if we foreman beat Salem and then win the ship it will still be remembered by this and that goes got whoever wins it

HorseFeathers

Quote from: couch-coach06 on November 30, 2017, 04:16:45 pm
In my opinion it sucks for everyone .. even if we foreman beat Salem and then win the ship it will still be remembered by this and that goes got whoever wins it

And at the end if the day Foreman would have the hardware in their trophy case and everyone else would just be flapping their gums wishing their school had 1(or another one in some schools case)

couch-coach06

M.I. D

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 30, 2017, 04:18:11 pm
And at the end if the day Foreman would have the hardware in their trophy case and everyone else would just be flapping their gums wishing their school had 1(or another one in some schools case)

If Foreman beats Ida or CHG in the finals they eared it. Nobody can take it away from any team that wins this years State Championship.

Hornet4ever

whoknows

Old Scrapper

Man I hate that for GB, this is crap you see in the movies. Congrats to Foreman on another home game tho! But go Cinderella Story Salem

thevoice

Shouldn't Mineral get to play Salem since they were beaten by Earle in round 2?

Old Scrapper

Quote from: thevoice on November 30, 2017, 04:52:46 pm
Shouldn't Mineral get to play Salem since they were beaten by Earle in round 2?
that would be fair but it doesn't work that way unfortunately. If I was Minerals coach I'd be burning up the phone trying.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Old Scrapper on November 30, 2017, 05:00:29 pm
that would be fair but it doesn't work that way unfortunately. If I was Minerals coach I'd be burning up the phone trying.

This

HorseFeathers

MercyDaddy

I believe they had to forfeit games at least one other time in the last 5 years for the same thing.

HorseFeathers

Just seen on Twitter than Earle plans on fighting this....they self reported an inelgible player and now they want to fight it....that's a rather interesting approach...

Beaver Fever

Second time in five years they've been caught using an ineligible player.

2aball

Quote from: hornets23byers on November 30, 2017, 04:08:43 pm

That happened about a month ago. If it wouldn't have, I seriously doubt it would have ever been self reported. I wonder if this is actually considered a true "self reporting." I bet it's more like a state reporting, since the state people are the ones running it now.

HorseFeathers

Just seen on Twitter that EARLE has now decided to file for an injunction against the AAA and 2a playoffs(like Lamar did), and fight whether or not the kid is actually inelgible

RoadWarrior

1 kid transferred in 3 years ago from Marion and he failed 9th grade when he was there. Moved to Earle and played from 9th grade up to now. "5th year senior" SMH

athletic supporter

Wildcat_Booster

I bet a player I won't name was taking those 500$ handshakes to sign with a college which makes him ineligible as a student athlete

Bearden_Bear72

If coaching or any staff promotes this.  They should be terminated.  I would not someone like that representing my school or team

paraloma

Is there any evidence of past forfeitures in the playoffs?

Mineral vs Salem on Sat or Monday. Play half way between schools.
Winner vs Foreman on 12/8.

Make it happen. It's fair, is it not?

Old Scrapper

HorseFeathers

Quote from: paraloma on November 30, 2017, 05:27:15 pm
Is there any evidence of past forfeitures in the playoffs?

Mineral vs Salem on Sat or Monday. Play half way between schools.
Winner vs Foreman on 12/8.

Make it happen. It's fair, is it not?

Well Earle is now filing an injunction because apparently self reporting "We played an inelgible player all season" needs some clarification....

beach bum

underdog678

I have heard Salem gets to play Foreman instead of Mineral Springs because Mineral Springs lost to Earle by 20, while Salem lost to Earle by 19. Therefor Salem gets to advance.

C.C.TbirdFan

Earle vs Foreman was going to be a really good game. I was looking forward to it.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas