• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Osceola at Newport( Week 9)

Started by 501Arkansas, October 20, 2017, 09:56:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

501Arkansas

Osceola moves to 7-1(5-0) on the year after beating the Manila Lions. Newport moves to 6-2(3-2)  after a BIG win over the Rivercrest Colts. Who you guys take in this one? Big game for both teams. This one will be fun and interesting. I'll pick osceola by a Td.

CoolBreeze

Could be an interesting game. I wonder which Greyhound team shows up.

DogCatcher

Game means nothing for Osceola, their week 10 game will be for the title win or lose. If Newport plays like they did against rivercrest they win easy. If they play like they did against Piggot they get blown out.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: DogCatcher on October 20, 2017, 10:02:51 pm
Game means nothing for Osceola, their week 10 game will be for the title win or lose. If Newport plays like they did against rivercrest they win easy. If they play like they did against Piggot they get blown out.
My point, exactly.

ISU7

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 20, 2017, 10:12:42 pm
My point, exactly.
If Newport beat Osceola by 13 the loser of Crest Seminoles game can end up in 3rd considering Rivecrest beat Manila.  Im I right.

DogCatcher

Quote from: ISU7 on October 20, 2017, 10:31:30 pm
If Newport beat Osceola by 13 the loser of Crest Seminoles game can end up in 3rd considering Rivecrest beat Manila.  Im I right.
I could be wrong but if Newport beats Osceola by 13 and rivercrest loses to Osceola then the Piggot/hoxie winner is 2, Newport 3, rivercrest 4, Piggot/hoxie loser 5. If rivercrest beats Osceola then they are 1, Osceola 2, P/H winner 3, Newport 4. A lot of if's in there.

ISU7

Quote from: DogCatcher on October 20, 2017, 11:06:41 pm
I could be wrong but if Newport beats Osceola by 13 and rivercrest loses to Osceola then the Piggot/hoxie winner is 2, Newport 3, rivercrest 4, Piggot/hoxie loser 5. If rivercrest beats Osceola then they are 1, Osceola 2, P/H winner 3, Newport 4. A lot of if's in there.
I dont think Piggott or Hoxie can pass Rivercrest unless Crest lose their next 2 games .

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ISU7 on October 20, 2017, 11:19:30 pm
I dont think Piggott or Hoxie can pass Rivercrest unless Crest lose their next 2 games .

That's correct since Rivercrest beat both of them

ISU7

October 20, 2017, 11:40:25 pm #8 Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 05:39:31 pm by ISU7
Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 20, 2017, 11:21:58 pm
That's correct since Rivercrest beat both of them
Just looked at pts Crest is in good shape with 49pts plus Hoxie is at Piggott that will be 3 losses for one of them. Colts should finish 1 or 2 seed.

DogCatcher

Quote from: ISU7 on October 20, 2017, 11:40:25 pm
Just looked a pts Crest is in good shape with 49pts plus Hoxie is at Piggott that will be 3 losses for one of them. Colts should finish 1 or 2 seed.
Like I said I could be wrong, but crest only got 10 points on hoxie so if there is a 3 way tie with head to head being a triangle then it falls to points and crest would have the fewest if Newport and the P/H winner win there remaining games by more then 10. Again lots of if's. I think it's likely that Osceola and crest finish 1 and 2.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: DogCatcher on October 20, 2017, 11:06:41 pm
If New port beats Osceola and Osceola beats Rivercrest, wouldn't Newport be tied with Rivercrest and possibly Piggott/Hoxie? In that case, it would come down to points as to who gets the 2-seed. Or am I missing something?

DogCatcher

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 21, 2017, 11:05:35 am
If New port beats Osceola and Osceola beats Rivercrest, wouldn't Newport be tied with Rivercrest and possibly Piggott/Hoxie? In that case, it would come down to points as to who gets the 2-seed. Or am I missing something?
Yes, which could mean any of the 3 with 2 loses could be the 2 seed depending on how scores the next 2 weeks work out. 

CoolBreeze

Quote from: DogCatcher on October 21, 2017, 12:22:45 pm
Yes, which could mean any of the 3 with 2 loses could be the 2 seed depending on how scores the next 2 weeks work out.
Things just got VERY interesting in the 3-3A.

ISU7

October 21, 2017, 04:10:44 pm #13 Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 04:15:52 pm by ISU7
Quote from: DogCatcher on October 21, 2017, 10:54:04 am
Like I said I could be wrong, but crest only got 10 points on hoxie so if there is a 3 way tie with head to head being a triangle then it falls to points and crest would have the fewest if Newport and the P/H winner win there remaining games by more then 10. Again lots of if's. I think it's likely that Osceola and crest finish 1 and 2.
Newport win over Osceola by 13 and that last game between Osceola and Crest is a must win for both considering Colts beat Manila friday

ISU7

October 21, 2017, 04:19:44 pm #14 Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 05:34:25 pm by ISU7
Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 21, 2017, 11:05:35 am
Yup but Newport need to win by by at least 10pts and 13 the last week or vice versa. being Crest has 49pts and they have 39pts but then theres Piggott/ Hoxie with 39pts and they play Friday @Hoxie.

sprained ankle

I just hope the Hounds can compete!

ISU7

Quote from: sprained ankle on October 22, 2017, 04:42:29 am
I just hope the Hounds can compete!
Osceola offense will be much different. Unlike Crest the people they have out there will be a threat not just spreading out wide for show.

501Arkansas

I just watch the Rivercrest and newport game on YouTube,  rivercrest defense looked lost the whole game. That joe kid and oshea kid was unstoppable all night for Newport. Osceola and Newport will be a good one.

Coltfan2005

Have no idea what was going on with the Colt defense. Watching the film was worse than watching it live.

Paperman

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 22, 2017, 11:04:54 am
Have no idea what was going on with the Colt defense. Watching the film was worse than watching it live.
Much like the Hoxie game! Couldn't cover the pass or stop the read option runs!

Leo Marvin

Newport showed some deception that had not been used up to this point, and they mixed the pass and run well.  They will be tough to beat if they can force the opposing defense to cover multiple options on the same play.  Screen passes, jet sweeps, fake jet sweeps, and play action pass can make this offense dangerous.  Not sure why they waited this long to show it but glad to see it.   Defense was outstanding.  It will be a test to see if they can stop the passing game of Osceola.  Should be a great game!!

Paperman

Osceola 28, Newport 20! My prediction! Hope both teams come through the game with no injuries!

ISU7

Quote from: 501Arkansas on October 22, 2017, 06:18:57 am
I just watch the Rivercrest and newport game on YouTube,  rivercrest defense looked lost the whole game. That joe kid and oshea kid was unstoppable all night for Newport. Osceola and Newport will be a good one.
+1 not prepared at all... :o

ISU7

Quote from: Leo Marvin on October 22, 2017, 08:45:36 pm
Newport showed some deception that had not been used up to this point, and they mixed the pass and run well.  They will be tough to beat if they can force the opposing defense to cover multiple options on the same play.  Screen passes, jet sweeps, fake jet sweeps, and play action pass can make this offense dangerous.  Not sure why they waited this long to show it but glad to see it.   Defense was outstanding.  It will be a test to see if they can stop the passing game of Osceola.  Should be a great game!!
Great game plan by the Hounds..

ISU7

ISU7

Quote from: Paperman on October 22, 2017, 09:40:50 pm
Osceola 28, Newport 20! My prediction! Hope both teams come through the game with no injuries!
Im gonna agree with this score and post. 8)

Oldhound56

Newport has always had this in the offense, but they have not been healthy since week 1.  Hopefully they are getting back to full strength.

Leo Marvin

Quote from: Oldhound56 on October 23, 2017, 07:43:25 am
Newport has always had this in the offense, but they have not been healthy since week 1.  Hopefully they are getting back to full strength.

Not sure why being unhealthy would make you want to take away being deceptive on offense.  Seems like you would mix it up even more

luxora4life

Quote from: ISU7 on October 22, 2017, 05:21:16 am
Osceola offense will be much different. Unlike Crest the people they have out there will be a threat not just spreading out wide for show.

Not really.  With Osceola offense the ball usually fines #3 hands often.

luxora4life

Quote from: ISU7 on October 20, 2017, 11:40:25 pm
Just looked at pts Crest is in good shape with 49pts plus Hoxie is at Piggott that will be 3 losses for one of them. Colts should finish 1 or 2 seed.

1 seed ;D

luxora4life

Quote from: Paperman on October 22, 2017, 06:40:14 pm

Was not like the Hoxie game.  Newport didn't run a read option all night.

luxora4life

Quote from: 501Arkansas on October 22, 2017, 06:18:57 am

The defense looked lost because the players were not focus. 

ISU7

But found a way too win.Thats the difference.

501Arkansas

Quote from: luxora4life on October 23, 2017, 08:46:25 am
Not really.  With Osceola offense the ball usually fines #3 hands often.
And can't nobody stop him

ISU7

October 23, 2017, 10:15:37 am #34 Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 06:54:07 pm by ISU7
Quote from: 501Arkansas on October 23, 2017, 10:02:51 am
With that being said Noles can go ahead and order the rings 2017 3A State Champs😎🏈🏆💍

luxora4life

Quote from: 501Arkansas on October 23, 2017, 10:02:51 am

#3 numbers from the 2017 Osceola's loss to Blytheville:  5 rushes for 6 yards,  3 rec for 30 yards.

501Arkansas

Quote from: luxora4life on October 23, 2017, 10:22:46 am
#3 numbers from the 2017 Osceola's loss to Blytheville:  5 rushes for 6 yards,  3 rec for 30 yards.
With 2 tds.

luxora4life

Quote from: 501Arkansas on October 23, 2017, 10:49:52 am
With 2 tds.

and a loss, which make your statement," Can't Nobody stop him" false

501Arkansas

Quote from: luxora4life on October 23, 2017, 10:54:50 am
and a loss, which make your statement," Can't Nobody stop him" false
And has almost 30 tds this season. Wow one game lol

luxora4life

October 23, 2017, 12:09:21 pm #39 Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 12:25:16 pm by luxora4life
Quote from: 501Arkansas on October 23, 2017, 11:04:05 am

Well your comment should have been, He's only been stopped in one game this year.

Bye the way, my comment was not a personal attack on #3 (He's Family).  I was pointing out that no matter how balance people think Osceola new Offense is balance, the ball usually fines it way into #3 hand no matter if  they are passing it or running it. 

ISU7

Quote from: 501Arkansas on October 23, 2017, 11:04:05 am
Kinda of easy to score when you're the one who gets to carry the ball inside the 10 every time. But if it works go with it.

Paperman

Quote from: luxora4life on October 23, 2017, 09:03:00 am

Was not like the Hoxie game.  Newport didn't run a read option all night.

I did not say Newport ran a read option! But they did run around, over and through the Colts defense all night!  My point is Rivercrest has not defended any Spread attack all season long! Unless they pick it up! The post season will be short for the Colts!

501Arkansas

Quote from: ISU7 on October 23, 2017, 10:15:37 am
With that being said Noles can go ahead and order the rings 2017 3A State Champs😎🏈🏆💍
Heck i sure hope so, its been a long time

Paperman

Quote from: ISU7 on October 23, 2017, 06:57:20 pm
Kinda of easy to score when you're the one who gets to carry the ball inside the 10 every time. But if it works go with it.
A smart coach puts the ball in the hands of his playmakers especially in the red zone!😎🏈😎🏈

Coltfan2005

luxora4life

Maybe your account was hacked.

luxora4life

Quote from: Paperman on October 23, 2017, 08:59:32 pm
I did not say Newport ran a read option! But they did run around, over and through the Colts defense all night!  My point is Rivercrest has not defended any Spread attack all season long! Unless they pick it up! The post season will be short for the Colts!

So did Piggott last year and Manila the year before that.  It's funny how Rivercrest has to heard things like this from supporters and haters alike every year:  They can't pass, can't stop the pass, or can't tackle.  But Somehow, Rivercrest is usually the last team in this area playing football year in and year out.

So just make sure If Osceola's season end early like it has in the past, you continue to travel and cover Rivercrest Colts Football.  We appreciate all the support we can get in late November. ;)

501Arkansas

Paperman

Quote from: luxora4life on October 24, 2017, 09:38:15 am
So did Piggott last year and Manila the year before that.  It's funny how Rivercrest has to heard things like this from supporters and haters alike every year:  They can't pass, can't stop the pass, or can't tackle.  But Somehow, Rivercrest is usually the last team in this area playing football year in and year out.

So just make sure If Osceola's season end early like it has in the past, you continue to travel and cover Rivercrest Colts Football.  We appreciate all the support we can get in late November. ;)

I will be there no matter who is playing! It is my job! I must say though I don't hate any of these kids or schools! I enjoy the relationship I have with all area schools! I just have a problem with some of the adults! With that being said, the Colts need to work on pass offense and defense if they don't I will either be covering another team in a few weeks or getting ready to cover round ball!
Luxora4life don't twist my words to fit your narrative! You are dead wrong! Have a nice day!

luxora4life

Quote from: Paperman on October 24, 2017, 01:47:32 pm
I will be there no matter who is playing! It is my job! I must say though I don't hate any of these kids or schools! I enjoy the relationship I have with all area schools! I just have a problem with some of the adults! With that being said, the Colts need to work on pass offense and defense if they don't I will either be covering another team in a few weeks or getting ready to cover round ball!
Luxora4life don't twist my words to fit your narrative! You are dead wrong! Have a nice day!

I didn't have to twist your word, they fit perfectly into my narrative.  And that narrative wasn't about you personally, more about your statement. Which you and everybody else who makes that statement every year, has the right to make.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas