• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Earle at EPC 2.2.16

Started by NEark tigers, February 02, 2016, 07:48:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NEark tigers

Bulldogs rolling, 40-20, at half.....

Head Lion

Here puppy dog, cmon puppy dog.

NEark tigers

HL,  Does the year 2010 ring a bell?........

Anyway, the Nation pummels EPC, 86-58, to extend their perfect conference record to 15-0.

Head Lion

Neark, you keep living in the past & they may bring back the ol Crawfordsville Tigers.✌🏿️

NEark tigers

Quote from: Head Lion on February 02, 2016, 10:10:58 pm
Neark, you keep living in the past & they may bring back the ol Crawfordsville Tigers.✌🏿️
Crawfordsville Tigers, my alma mater.....another great team that rolled Manila in 1990 state regionals......

Missco

That was one heck of game at Crawfordsville that night.

bdubyab60

I played against those teams. To say we were outmanned would be funny. We were outmanned lol

ISU7

Quote from: NEark tigers on February 02, 2016, 09:41:54 pm

Anyway, the Nation pummels EPC, 86-58, to extend their perfect conference record to 15-0.
Earle will be a tough out in tourney play. Good luck to the Doggs. go win it will all.

NEark tigers

Quote from: ISU7 on February 03, 2016, 08:06:05 am
Quote from: NEark tigers on February 02, 2016, 09:41:54 pm

Earle will be a tough out in tourney play. Good luck to the Doggs. go win it will all.
The Bulldogs played one of their best overall games of the year last night. Great defense and especially offensive rebounding were key factors to the win. Good Luck to RC, where is the conference and regional tourney?

Pit Bull

Most Teams aren't 10 deep, now the question would be for me as Head Coach after next week's junior high district tournament, do I move up my starting junior high 5, cut 5 off the current senior high roster, and become 15 deep, 3 full court units?

bdubyab60

They are good Pitt but no that good. And Earle may play 20 players but we have already had this discussion and Earle knows who their studs are. So just stop please.

In a tight game they will play their best players like everyone else.

Pit Bull

Quote from: bdubyab60 on February 03, 2016, 11:07:11 am
They are good Pitt but no that good. And Earle may play 20 players but we have already had this discussion and Earle knows who their studs are. So just stop please.

Yea, but giving that 9th Grade Group some next level playing time even in a blow out could be priceless....

Head Lion

Quote from: Pit Bull on February 03, 2016, 09:18:24 am
Most Teams aren't 10 deep, now the question would be for me as Head Coach after next week's junior high district tournament, do I move up my starting junior high 5, cut 5 off the current senior high roster, and become 15 deep, 3 full court units?
Yall could be close to the Lions then. ;D :o 8)

bdubyab60

Quote from: Pit Bull on February 03, 2016, 11:46:55 am

Yea, but giving that 9th Grade Group some next level playing time even in a blow out could be priceless....
That is true. But why boot kids off that have been putting in work all year. If you got a couple spots open sure. Just me I guess but I wouldn't cut kids if I didn't have room.

Mr. Trill

Pit Bull

Quote from: bdubyab60 on February 03, 2016, 12:43:01 pm

That is true. But why boot kids off that have been putting in work all year. If you got a couple spots open sure. Just me I guess but I wouldn't cut kids if I didn't have room.

When I played, there were at least 32 that went out but only 12 made the cut... Cutting kids at this point that aren't key contributors would be a "Strickly Business" call. I see your point but I would have to definitely make a futuristic move for that Jr. High Squad...

Head Lion

Quote from: Pit Bull on February 03, 2016, 02:29:03 pm

When I played, there were at least 32 that went out but only 12 made the cut... Cutting kids at this point that aren't key contributors would be a "Strickly Business" call. I see your point but I would have to definitely make a futuristic move for that Jr. High Squad...
No doubt the Dogs are loaded. Best of luck, tell Neark I will be in my usually section in the Summitt.

Dogg

If they are good but not that good, what is EPC ?

bdubyab60

Quote from: Pit Bull on February 03, 2016, 02:29:03 pm

All contingent on the way games go then. But if I were making a futuristic call and they were good enough the ones tht were good enough would have been moved up starting the year and you avoid that kid on the end of the bench getting cut late in the year. Maybe business but bad business.

I never understood why Marcus Monk and that group (3 of them would have started on the senior team) wasnt moved up earlier either. What is the point in smashing teams that you are 40 points better than every night. Thats why they moved Malik up Junior high ball was doing him no good.

So basically Im saying if they are good enough to play senior high ball. They should have been up there all ready getting some minutes and practicing against the senior boys all year. Instead of throwing them on the court in a blow out game in a tourney against what will more than likely be someone elses second string. Then its just a post season experience for the sake of the experience, not meaningful minutes and some other kid who has put in time and clawed to get on the court all year gets bumped so a freshman can have garbage minutes.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Dogg on February 03, 2016, 05:09:42 pm

Talking about Earles junior squad there. And the rest is to say that no one is throwing freshman on to the court unless they are good enough to play meaningful minutes.

So basically are any of the starting 5 on the junior squad gonna break the top 10 and take minutes from those players. Cause if they are they should have been up there already IMO.

Dogg

They are not moving up because they couldn't help the team. They are a good Jr. High team but not ready to contribute on the Sr. High level. The Jr girls point guard will move up and make Earle Sr girls a totally different team. She will be a difference maker. She's Ready!!

bdubyab60

Quote from: Dogg on February 03, 2016, 05:33:25 pm
They are not moving up because they couldn't help the team. They are a good Jr. High team but not ready to contribute on the Sr. High level. The Jr girls point guard will move up and make Earle Sr girls a totally different team. She will be a difference maker. She's Ready!!
Thats all I was trying to say. Why did they not move her up at the beginning of the year. As you said she is ready.

Dogg

leedog95

After watching that game last night I don't see how Earle doesn't win it all this year in 2A. Man they that game was never in doubt...Maybe they will over look someone. But I think they are for sure the most talented boys basketball team in the 2A this year!!!!!

neafan0653

Earle is pretty dang good but if someone catches them on an off night they can be upset.

NeaBaller21

I actually could see Marked Tree upsetting Earle in the District Tourney at Marked Tree

Pit Bull

Quote from: bdubyab60 on February 03, 2016, 05:25:29 pm
Quote from: Dogg on February 03, 2016, 05:09:42 pm

Talking about Earles junior squad there. And the rest is to say that no one is throwing freshman on to the court unless they are good enough to play meaningful minutes.

So basically are any of the starting 5 on the junior squad gonna break the top 10 and take minutes from those players. Cause if they are they should have been up there already IMO.

I'm against moving kids up simply because there is even a lesson to learn for young players in the state of "Total Domination!" Why take away a kid's time to dominate, it's like the transition from being a common working to becoming a technician or a expert and by moving that kid up just because they are better, you rob them of the experience of "Total Domination" in their particular area of expertise... Even in "Total Domonation" status, kids must learn how to not get the big head and remain humble, stay out of trouble, find ways to get better by mastering their skills, discipline in excellence, athletic and academic balancing... Moving them up doesn't necessarily improve kids, infact they start to skip steps to catch up with the speed and some succumb to the mental pressures of not fitting in socially and threats of taking a upperclassmens spot... I wouldn't move my child up either if they were better simply because I would want them to push their peers to play better and develop to their level of play... As far as that jr. high starting five the reason why I would move them all up and yes, cut the current 11-15 players is because I would try to keep them together mentally,"taking that big step together and ultimately because of the one factor that can not be coached "Court Chemistry," they have to find their gel together by themselves, the coach can't coach that but he or she can put them in the controlled environment for it to develop... I know cutting kids that have worked hard is a tough thing and honestly they would still be apart of the team but just wouldn't dress balance of the post season because the stable is built for thoroughbreds on the road to the finals...

Mr. Trill

I agree Earle could get upset playing MT at their spot in District

NEark tigers

Quote from: Mr. Trill on February 03, 2016, 01:15:46 pm
1 more conf game correct?
Yes, one more game at Marmaduke this Friday night to complete the perfect conference season...

NEark tigers

86-58....."good, but not that good", are you kidding me. Now, I see why ya'll going to the 2-2A next year.

mtindian42

February 04, 2016, 05:07:55 am #30 Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 05:18:54 am by mtindian42
We can beat Earle... It's in our house to! Oh yeah MT plays better late in the year! We allways have...

birddawg1986

Looks like Earle has won by a bigger margin on the road this year than at home. I imagine home games for them are a BIG distraction with all the rift raft, hooping/hollering. Seem like they are more focused on the road.

Pit Bull

Quote from: birddawg1986 on February 04, 2016, 07:34:26 am
Looks like Earle has won by a bigger margin on the road this year than at home. I imagine home games for them are a BIG distraction with all the rift raft, hooping/hollering. Seem like they are more focused on the road.

"Rift Raft, hooping/hollering? It's a basketball game not a study hall... Is the same evaluation of the situation that you would give a High School Football game in let's say Hoxie, EPC or The Cotton Patch, were the entire town comes out and you see pick-up trucks for miles, people crowded all around the track next to the field like in Junction City or Bearden? Earle is criticized for having good football teams with no following but as we have told you, everyone comes out to support the Basketball Team, however birdcrapdawg1986 considers our fanbase as "Rift Raft!" Well birdcrapdawg1986, "Fudge You!

NEark tigers

Quote from: mtindian42 on February 04, 2016, 05:07:55 am
We can beat Earle... It's in our house to! Oh yeah MT plays better late in the year! We allways have...
The Nation rolled MT by 30 at their place WITHOUT Bohannon, so what makes you think MT will beat the Nation...Nation plays better late in the season, also.

birddawg1986

Quote from: Pit Bull on February 04, 2016, 09:47:39 am

"Rift Raft, hooping/hollering? It's a basketball game not a study hall... Is the same evaluation of the situation that you would give a High School Football game in let's say Hoxie, EPC or The Cotton Patch, were the entire town comes out and you see pick-up trucks for miles, people crowded all around the track next to the field like in Junction City or Bearden? Earle is criticized for having good football teams with no following but as we have told you, everyone comes out to support the Basketball Team, however birdcrapdawg1986 considers our fanbase as "Rift Raft!" Well birdcrapdawg1986, "Fudge You!

NeaBaller21

Quote from: NEark tigers on February 04, 2016, 11:41:35 am
The Nation rolled MT by 30 at their place WITHOUT Bohannon, so what makes you think MT will beat the Nation...Nation plays better late in the season, also.
All it takes is an off night for Earle. "The Nation" has those too. For example, against Marked Tree at Earle, and against Riverside.

birddawg1986

Quote from: birddawg1986 on February 04, 2016, 11:45:10 am
Quote from: Pit Bull on February 04, 2016, 09:47:39 am

Not talking about your fan base. Just stating they get more distracted at home than on the road. Good team, good fans.Dang dont flip out

Pit Bull

Quote from: NeaBaller21 on February 04, 2016, 11:49:28 am
All it takes is an off night for Earle. "The Nation" has those too. For example, against Marked Tree at Earle, and against Riverside.

The new rotation will be too much for most teams to handle but we'll see...

bdubyab60

February 04, 2016, 01:38:44 pm #38 Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 01:41:25 pm by bdubyab60
Quote from: NEark tigers on February 03, 2016, 10:09:44 pm

86-58....."good, but not that good", are you kidding me. Now, I see why ya'll going to the 2-2A next year.
Again read the other posts in the thread teh commnet is about eh junior squad moving up to senior high. Geeesh. I agree I should have put juniors in it. But heres an entire dang thread of me and Pitt going back and forth on it.

Also if you notice we still play Earle twice next year. So your point is moot. you beat us bad, i expected it.

And if you read any of my other comments I said Earle is theonly team out of this conference that has a real shot at winning the title. So shut your hole and read and comprehend. Pay attention every once in a while.

Pit Bull

You're right Bdub.... I knew what you were saying...

NEark tigers

Quote from: NeaBaller21 on February 04, 2016, 11:49:28 am
But you forgot one tiny little thing.......THE NATION WON BOTH OF THOSE GAMES!!

bdubyab60

Quote from: Pit Bull on February 04, 2016, 02:18:58 pm
You're right Bdub.... I knew what you were saying...
Man I know Earle is very good team lol and The Junior squad will be fun to watch in the future.

Dogg

you said they would beat Earle the last time. After Earle beat them again in Earle you disappeared! Earle owns MT this year in all sports and the future is not very bright in the Tree.

Donnie Jamon

How is earles girls doing tonight?  Anyone know?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas