• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BAY vs EPC

Started by biglion1985, January 26, 2016, 01:41:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

biglion1985

What's your thoughts and predictions

yesteryearman

Quote from: biglion1985 on January 26, 2016, 01:41:42 pm
What's your thoughts and predictions

Bay sounds to be playing really well right now, they've got their tournament time focus on.  Plus, the top 1A schools (Bay, Guy, Emerson) have done really well against the better 2A/3A schools.  Bay by 10.

bdubyab60

We play worse at home than we do in the road.

RedWolf275

bdubyab60

46-40 EPC headed to the 4th

bdubyab60

Tied at 52 with 3 min to go

bdubyab60

Bay wins it 64-56. Better effort but couldn't make a bucket down the stretch. Bay closed it out from the line.

Oldref

Quote from: bdubyab60 on January 26, 2016, 08:50:03 pm
Bay wins it 64-56. Better effort but couldn't make a bucket down the stretch. Bay closed it out from the line.

Very hard fought game. Was the kind of game that will get teams ready for post season play. EPC is very talented but I must say I have never seen a situation like they have going on from a coaching standpoint . There is just nothing I have ever seen to compare it to. The coach on the bench is basically allowing a guy in the stands to run the show. Never seen anything like it. Good win for the Yellowjackets .

bdubyab60

Well I tried to get you guys to believe me.

bdubyab60

I think it confuses the players.

Oldref

Quote from: bdubyab60 on January 26, 2016, 11:54:33 pm
I think it confuses the players.

Yes you can see it during time outs. Something like that is difficult to overcome. Looks like the coach has allowed it and I saw him actually conferring with him .

Silky Johnson

He is a young coach but still you'd think he would want to run his own show. I know EPC has had a guy from the stands try to give directions but is this guy related to anyone on the team. Is the Super cool with this? Lol really as long as he's not barking at refs I'm sure it'll keep happening.

bdubyab60

I know what he has been helping them with is defense. And that's mostly what I hear him calling out to the players. Which we have gotten better defensively but still a lot of work to do though. Last night we did keep Bay from getting out and running a lot which led to the whooping we got in the NEA.

Just wish it was more the coach, who is letting help, would say when the player comes to the beck tell him what to do in this situation. Have no problem with folks helping but it does need to be the coaches show when it's game time.

Still looked lost on offense as well. Zone really gives us fits, though I thought we did well at times last night. By this time in the season you should no where to be in your sets and well we are still setting up 20 seconds later.

I still contend he needs to learn to use timeouts. Bay took the lead with less than a minute or somewhere around that. He's doesn't call the TO immediately but let's the kid dribble up 3/4 of halfcourt and then calls the TO. Well now you get the ball back at baseline instead of halfcourt. You now have lost around 14 to 20 seconds of clock. In a close ballgame those seconds are needed. I contend you need to have the player run that ball up to halfcourt then call the TO. Now you have only used a couple seconds and you have the ball at halfcourt.

At any rate this will what it is until the end of the season in which I think we will have done good to make it out of regionals, that's if we make it out of district. Which is no given with how tight games have been in this conference out of the top of the conference. Can't mail it in, in any of these conference games.

ISU7

Quote from: Oldref on January 26, 2016, 11:33:32 pm

Very hard fought game. Was the kind of game that will get teams ready for post season play. EPC is very talented but I must say I have never seen a situation like they have going on from a coaching standpoint . There is just nothing I have ever seen to compare it to. The coach on the bench is basically allowing a guy in the stands to run the show. Never seen anything like it. Good win for the Yellowjackets .
Go watch RiverCrest play and you will appreciate EPC coach and the guy in the stands. lol ;D 8)

Lions84

Class A boys teams are extra tough !

Silky Johnson

Quote from: Lions84 on January 27, 2016, 10:35:07 am
Class A boys teams are extra tough !

You might be onto something there  ;D

bdubyab60

Not much difference between 1A, 2A, 3A and even 4A. In fact 1A schools play a lot more basketball than 2A schools, the ones with football anyway. Bays played 10 to 12 more games than most 2A schools.

But that's one reason I though EPC would be better this year than last. Out of the 12 players we started with 8 of those have been in the gym pretty much all year. Only 4 played football. And here we are 2/3 through the season and we still can't run plays on a consistent basis

Batman44

Old ref, I can honestly say I have seen it twice in my time. Once last year. Mayflower had some family in the stands that was coaching the whole game. I think the coach is from Marmaduke, Stallings. At any rate, if I was coaching, I would have stopped it one way or another. The other time, the coach actually called the guy in the stands down to help him. True story.

Batman44

BTW, congrats to Bay!

Silky Johnson

I thought you guys shot pretty well especially at the start. He can score but #2 isn't going to beat you, or he didn't beat us both times we played you guys. Reed is gonna get his points usually but other than that I thought we did well defensively and on the glass. EPC played 8-9 guys I just don't know if they had the right group of guys out there at times. #5, #22, #23, and #35 the lefty post will have to find ways to contribute more if you guys are gonna beat an Earle or England next month. One thing we did well was run plays, I think we switched some stuff up and had a few new plays to get guys open. Our guys in foul trouble played good for the time they got to be out there.

RedWolf275

Quote from: Oldref on January 26, 2016, 11:33:32 pm

I've see some coaches around here both girls and boys who need to pull somebody out of the stands for help.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Silky Johnson on January 27, 2016, 02:15:13 pm
I thought you guys shot pretty well especially at the start. He can score but #2 isn't going to beat you, or he didn't beat us both times we played you guys. Reed is gonna get his points usually but other than that I thought we did well defensively and on the glass. EPC played 8-9 guys I just don't know if they had the right group of guys out there at times. #5, #22, #23, and #35 the lefty post will have to find ways to contribute more if you guys are gonna beat an Earle or England next month. One thing we did well was run plays, I think we switched some stuff up and had a few new plays to get guys open. Our guys in foul trouble played good for the time they got to be out there.
5 is a pretty good shooter but this year they just ain't falling, 22 is the same way both played better last year and if they were having those type seasons it would for sure be helping. 35 stays in foul trouble and it's about every game. 23 can give good minutes but he's a big man trapped in a small mans body.

They always shoot better getting the ball off a pass. But we always seem to be pulling up off the dribble. Also in defense we seem to lose the other teams best player. Pritchett killed us last night. You can not come off of him to help. You give up 2 to keep him from hitting 3 and it happened too many times against teams with shooters like Bay and BIC.

BoxNOne

Just from the games I've seen I would play the little James guy more.

Silky Johnson

yeah there were a few times off a rebound or some passes they would just lose Pritchett and he was making them pay when they did.

bdubyab60

Quote from: BoxNOne on January 27, 2016, 04:59:29 pm
Just from the games I've seen I would play the little James guy more.
I like his hustle. Tries to do too much at times

leedog95

I don't understand not playing James more either. He is a feisty little guy and a pretty good shooter and I think he is EPC best defensive player especially on the perimeter...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas