• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bentonville vs Eldorado ESPN

Started by mr.gametime, January 22, 2016, 07:03:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mr.gametime

I know this has nothing to do with 2A basketball. ..but I think it's big for the state of Arkansas to get national exposure...Malik Monk and Bentonville will play against Daniel Gafford and El Dorado tonight at 4:30 on ESPNU..2 of the top players in the country

brown2010

i say Austin reeves is better than both

bdubyab60

smallybells

Thanks for the tip! I have seen Monk play, have not seen Gafford, just knew he was another sought after prospect in the state.

smallybells

Better than Malik Monk? Are you insane?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: brown2010 on January 22, 2016, 01:53:43 pm

Come on Brown.  Reeves recruited by Wichita state,  Monk recruited by just about everyone.

bdubyab60

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on January 22, 2016, 02:53:20 pm

Come on Brown.  Reeves recruited by Wichita state,  Monk recruited by just about everyone.
Oh but look at how much hes scored. One will be in the NBA an dht eother will be a Wichita State for the next few years.

mr.gametime

Lol...Brown there is a difference in being a good player and being an elite player....and Malik Monk is arguably the best player in the COUNTRY. ..

HorseFeathers

Quote from: mr.gametime on January 22, 2016, 03:35:54 pm

Lol...Brown there is a difference in being a good player and being an elite player....and Malik Monk is arguably the best player in the COUNTRY. ..

Good luck convincing this guy

Head Lion

bdubyab60

Quote from: Head Lion on January 22, 2016, 05:14:36 pm
Still 0-2 vs The Manila Lions!
and that has what to do with how good a player he is.

Ctucker

Nothing. But it makes him feel better. He was 0-2 against Ceder too but I bet it never crosses his mind.He was just a freshman.He is a great player hope him success in college and pros.

smallybells

Whats the low down on the Asa kid? Im out of the loop. Is that the gov's grandkid, nephew or something?

Ctucker

RedWolf275

Monk played a great game against El Dorado. He showed a lot of versatility today. Scoring in all ways and grabbing 15 boards.

smallybells

Well Asa has a sweet shot, on the other reply, Monk is a slasher, shooter, and has an all around floor presence. He is a top 10 recruit in the country for a reason.

Head Lion

Quote from: bdubyab60 on January 22, 2016, 05:29:03 pm
Just saying bdub, Brady Jones & Co took him & crew out behind the woodshed. Just speaking facts.

brown2010

monk 0-2 against reeveswhy he left didn't want to lose again to him.lol jk hf what you talking about. we fixing to get them big rings soon

brown2010

monk can shoot the lights out too

smallybells

Ok Brown, Reaves is good. K. Allen has had a couple breakout games as a true freshman for Florida. Monk is as good or better than him, Reaves can be an impact player, but not as a true freshman against D1 competition. If you dont understand that then I bow out.

NEA Razorback olfan

Only time will tell how good all these players will turn out!!
Best of luck to all of them!!

bdubyab60

Quote from: Head Lion on January 22, 2016, 06:21:24 pm
Just saying bdub, Brady Jones & Co took him & crew out behind the woodshed. Just speaking facts.
Like I said what does that have to do with how good of a player he is. There's several teams he hasn't beaten. He's also 0-2 or 3 in state title games.

Regardless of who's beat EPC or Bentonville. Monk is still the best player in the state and that's facts.

mtindian42

Monk was 😮 as usual... Asa was a nice shooter... Eldo: gafford was solid... Perry was good as well.

neds

RedWolf275

Bentonville won by 20+. Not sure of exact score. Bentonville gradually pulled away from start to finish.

neds

BigLion10

Hornet4ever

Watched Monk tonight, hands down best in the country if not best he's dang close. Watched him tonight on TV. Anyone who can do a side winder dunk in the high school level is impressive.

RedWolf275

He was wind milling in the 9th grade at EPC. One of the best Dunkers you will see.

Mr. Trill

Asa ain't all that to me. Reeves is cold, don't sleep on him. He should be like #2 in the state. Haven't seen Gafford but saw his highlights, he's cold too...We all know what's up with Monk. REEVES WOULD BE A NICE FIT FOR THE RAZORBACKS

Mustangfans

Quote from: Mr. Trill on January 23, 2016, 12:23:00 am
Asa ain't all that to me. Reeves is cold, don't sleep on him. He should be like #2 in the state. Haven't seen Gafford but saw his highlights, he's cold too...We all know what's up with Monk. REEVES WOULD BE A NICE FIT FOR THE RAZORBACKS

Would be nice, but he committed to Wichita State. Tough pill to swallow losing 2 of the states top high school players to out of state colleges.

Mr. Trill

Just saw Gafford play against Bentonville and he was not all that good to me at all, he needs to develop a Lil more for his size.

mr.gametime

He has upside ...and is still learning the game...and he had a decent game I think he had what 17 points and 17 rebounds??....that's a solid performance for a big man

mr.gametime

I watched shawn williams from muamelle. ..play twice this year and he is better than the kid from cedar ridge

TheOfficial

Quote from: mr.gametime on January 23, 2016, 01:23:01 am
I watched shawn williams from muamelle. ..play twice this year and he is better than the kid from cedar ridge

Not even close.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Mr. Trill on January 23, 2016, 01:03:24 am
Just saw Gafford play against Bentonville and he was not all that good to me at all, he needs to develop a Lil more for his size.
Hes just a junior is he not? I would say that a large percentage of highschool players still need to develope.

BoxNOne

Quote from: Mustangfans on January 23, 2016, 12:54:20 am
Quote from: Mr. Trill on January 23, 2016, 12:23:00 am

Would be nice, but he committed to Wichita State. Tough pill to swallow losing 2 of the states top high school players to out of state colleges.

If you add Kevaughn Allen from last year to the list, it could be said the Hogs recruiting of high school players is pretty poor. I guess that's why the next recruiting class is full of JUCO players.

Ctucker

I've seen Shawn Williams too and he is good but I would take reeves over him. That's just my opinion. Monk looked good yesterday that's the first time I've seen him since he was in ninth grade. Amazing how smooth he is can't wait to watch him in college.

bleudog

Mr. Trill

Gafford looked pretty soft during the game.

bdubyab60

EPC held him to 2 points. Needs to get more physical

ISU7

Quote from: Mr. Trill on January 23, 2016, 06:47:51 pm
Gafford looked pretty soft during the game.
The same was said about Portis. when he was in high school.  Where is he now. 8)

Oldref

Quote from: Head Lion on January 22, 2016, 06:21:24 pm

I understand where HL in coming from Bdub.......when you are a lifetime Cubs/Manila Lions fan you have to celebrate the small victories:-)   Sorry HL couldn't resist:-)

ISU7

It makes Manila feel good to compare what they did against great players or teams. In 2010-2011 when Manila was supposedly the team too beat in the 3--3A bb you never hear RC saying we beat Manila or Earle we just went out and won the 2010- 11 3A state bb title that we wasn't supposed to win. HL loves to compare.  Lol

bleudog

EDNT second post Bentonville game article:  CLICK HERE

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas