• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

EPC vs Marmaduke girls

Started by Baller_34, January 18, 2016, 07:29:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Baller_34

BoxNOne

Baller_34

birddawg1986

MikelB

Marmaduke by 15+  ... it's at their house and they will be ready for #30 this time

RedWolf275

Marmaduke will take it by double digits

redrider30

redrider30

redrider30

redrider30

Final Mercy Rule
Marmaduke 64
EPC 37

RedWolf275

Marmaduke still dominating this conference even after losing all five starters.

bdubyab60

EPC girls are no where near the team they were when they beat Duke earlier in the year. They can beat teams that are less talented because they have more talent than those teams. But they aren't playing well enough together to beat teams that play as a team.

A lot of selfish play on this team right now.

BoxNOne

Bdub, I must admit that I thought EPC would be a better team by now than they actually are. They are a shoe in for regionals due to the weakness of the bottom half of the conference but with the addition of Vornes I thought they might be the team to beat. I give Rick Smith credit at Marmaduke. He returns no starters and still is easily the best team. His teams play very hard and always have multiple threats offensively. Much easier to defend teams that only have one or two scoring threats.

MikelB

Quote from: bdubyab60 on January 19, 2016, 07:13:47 am
EPC girls are no where near the team they were when they beat Duke earlier in the year. They can beat teams that are less talented because they have more talent than those teams. But they aren't playing well enough together to beat teams that play as a team.

You are very right bdub, it looks like they need a coach.  With a good coach they could be a top 5 team but if coach continues to allow the players to dictate what they do and don't do for fear they will quit, this group (can't call them a team) will not make it out of Regionals.

bdubyab60

Quote from: BoxNOne on January 19, 2016, 08:39:29 am
Bdub, I must admit that I thought EPC would be a better team by now than they actually are. They are a shoe in for regionals due to the weakness of the bottom half of the conference but with the addition of Vornes I thought they might be the team to beat. I give Rick Smith credit at Marmaduke. He returns no starters and still is easily the best team. His teams play very hard and always have multiple threats offensively. Much easier to defend teams that only have one or two scoring threats.
I think all his players or at least most go to basketball camps during the off season as well. Ones where they work on skills not just go and play pick up games.

bdubyab60

Quote from: MikelB on January 19, 2016, 09:32:42 am

You are very right bdub, it looks like they need a coach.  With a good coach they could be a top 5 team but if coach continues to allow the players to dictate what they do and don't do for fear they will quit, this group (can't call them a team) will not make it out of Regionals.
You are right about the team for sure. Aggravating to watch sometimes. One time down the floor a girl will score then it seems like the others get jealous or something. Then it becomes I gotta score too competition instead passing the ball and getting an open shot.

MikelB

Quote from: bdubyab60 on January 19, 2016, 10:20:57 am
Quote from: MikelB on January 19, 2016, 09:32:42 am

You are right about the team for sure. Aggravating to watch sometimes. One time down the floor a girl will score then it seems like the others get jealous or something. Then it becomes I gotta score too competition instead passing the ball and getting an open shot.

+100

Fan9876

Way off base for the most part.   A team without any leadership is what they are......

ISU7

That's being said all season long about the EPC girls playing selfish. Maybe certain fans need too be quiet and let the coach deal with  his team instead of  them trying to coach their designated player from the stands. :-X 8)

Fan9876

January 19, 2016, 01:01:51 pm #19 Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 01:04:42 pm by Fan9876
There is some of that, but you know what they say about an absence of leadership.....

ISU7

Quote from: Fan9876 on January 19, 2016, 01:01:51 pm
There is some of that, but you know what they say about an absence of leadership.....
There's a lot of that!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D 8)

bdubyab60

Quote from: ISU7 on January 19, 2016, 12:51:34 pm

That's being said all season long about the EPC girls playing selfish. Maybe certain fans need too be quiet and let the coach deal with  his team instead of  them trying to coach their designated player from the stands. :-X 8)
Thats at about every gym you go to. People saying things to players on the floor. Thats where the coach has to put his foot down with his players and tell them to listen to him and not the crowd.

Thats what the bench is for, if you know what I mean.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas