• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2/7 ADG rankings

Started by BigLion10, January 17, 2016, 12:04:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Silky Johnson

Walnut ridge is hardly top 10. Tuckerman, Sloan Hendrix and walnut ridge just want a 1 seed so they might be able to upset the 2a-3's 4 seed. At this rate idk that it will happen. Earle is 1 but EPC, BIC marked tree, riverside and cross county will be shaking up the 2,3,4 spots.

BigLion10

I haven't seen enough to this year to make a call on the boys side just yet honestly

Cheek

England started out slow after an extended football season, but getting better every game.  Only have four loses and only one to a 2A team.  I do not see why the defending 2A Champs are not ranked, but it does not matter this time of year.         

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Cheek on January 25, 2016, 04:28:03 pm
England started out slow after an extended football season, but getting better every game.  Only have four loses and only one to a 2A team.  I do not see why the defending 2A Champs are not ranked, but it does not matter this time of year.       

I don't remember his name, but the tall receiver that played for you guys, is he a pretty good basketball player?

bleudog

Quote from: Hornet4ever on January 25, 2016, 05:46:30 pm
Quote from: Cheek on January 25, 2016, 04:28:03 pm

I don't remember his name, but the tall receiver that played for you guys, is he a pretty good basketball player?

Careful now, you could be accused of heightism and/or profiling.  ;)

BigLion10

Horbet he is an excellent basketball player ranked 24th in the state but number 4 junior the rest in front were seniors. I believe he is getting some looks to play college not sure where I know he emerged on the radars on a lot during this summer and I expect him to continue to grow in his game and draw even more interest

BigLion10

Kids name is BJ Thompson forgot to put that lol. He is also getting looks from A state and others in football as a DE/TE so I figure he will have his pick in schools and sports when it's all said and done. Kid also won high jump as a sophomore last year so he can do it all. Now if we can just get him to the diamond he could be a heckuva pitcher with that frame lol

Hornet4ever

That's great. I knew he was a good football player just didn't know much about his basketball skills.

Cheek

Quote from: Hornet4ever on January 25, 2016, 10:32:20 pm
That's great. I knew he was a good football player just didn't know much about his basketball skills.

He was a key part of out last years team.  He is one of the top players in the state.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Cheek on January 25, 2016, 10:39:03 pm
Quote from: Hornet4ever on January 25, 2016, 10:32:20 pm

He was a key part of out last years team.  He is one of the top players in the state.

Send him to Arkansas

NoPlace2

We (Salem) played Walnut Ridge tonight. They are a good team and well coached and had no trouble beating us, but if they are 2nd in the State in 2A then 2A must be pretty weak. I have not seen anyone in 2A outside our Conference play this year but I see no way WR could be ranked anywhere near that high. I agree with a previous Post that it would be an upset for anyone in 2A-2 to make it past Regionals. I'm not putting WR down - as I said they have a good ball club but not top 6 caliber in my opinion. From what I've read and what I've seen this year I'd say the Rankings are as big a joke as the Officiating is in this State. Walnut Ridge was called for 4 fouls tonight. We played our 3rd & 4th team the entire 4th Quarter and didn't go to the line tonight until late in the 4th and shot 2 free throws. In over 50 years of playing and/or watching High School Basketball in Nebraska, Iowa, Indiana, Illinois, Kansas, Texas, Arizona and Arkansas I have Never seen a team commit only 4 fouls in an entire game until tonight. AAA, the Oficials Assn. and everyone that has anything to do with High School Basketball in Arkansas should be embarrassed by the way the game is officiated in this state. It's a disgrace. Most games I just go with the flow because the officials are consistantly bad both ways. Every now and then though you run across a game where the are pretty lopsided one way or the other. It is pretty evident to me that many, if not most of the Officials seem to think this game is all about them rather than the Players and that's a Shame! We wouldn't have won the game tonight even if the officiating had been good but it would have been a whole lot more enjoyable. Just my 2  cents worth!!

Hornet4ever

Quote from: NoPlace2 on January 26, 2016, 01:54:35 am
We (Salem) played Walnut Ridge tonight. They are a good team and well coached and had no trouble beating us, but if they are 2nd in the State in 2A then 2A must be pretty weak. I have not seen anyone in 2A outside our Conference play this year but I see no way WR could be ranked anywhere near that high. I agree with a previous Post that it would be an upset for anyone in 2A-2 to make it past Regionals. I'm not putting WR down - as I said they have a good ball club but not top 6 caliber in my opinion. From what I've read and what I've seen this year I'd say the Rankings are as big a joke as the Officiating is in this State. Walnut Ridge was called for 4 fouls tonight. We played our 3rd & 4th team the entire 4th Quarter and didn't go to the line tonight until late in the 4th and shot 2 free throws. In over 50 years of playing and/or watching High School Basketball in Nebraska, Iowa, Indiana, Illinois, Kansas, Texas, Arizona and Arkansas I have Never seen a team commit only 4 fouls in an entire game until tonight. AAA, the Oficials Assn. and everyone that has anything to do with High School Basketball in Arkansas should be embarrassed by the way the game is officiated in this state. It's a disgrace. Most games I just go with the flow because the officials are consistantly bad both ways. Every now and then though you run across a game where the are pretty lopsided one way or the other. It is pretty evident to me that many, if not most of the Officials seem to think this game is all about them rather than the Players and that's a Shame! We wouldn't have won the game tonight even if the officiating had been good but it would have been a whole lot more enjoyable. Just my 2  cents worth!!

I don't know much about WR or any team on that side of the state for that matter but I will say this. Our officiating is an absolute joke, I try to sit back and enjoy the games and not get that worked up about it but it's so hard not too get upset at the lack of intelligence of the refs. Simple fouls under the basket that are missed, or even traveling calls. It's very frustrating.

PuddlePirate12

Maxpreps has Blevins 24-1.. Anyone seen them play? I know their senior class this year has some fundamentally sound ball players

hogfan32

Really looking forward to watching the Junction City girls play Spring Hill or Mineral springs in regionals. Either one will be a good game!

BigLion10

Anybody got today's rankings

bleudog

bleudog

RedWolf275

I have not seen Spring Hill girls play but I would willing to bet that they are better than Tuckerman who I have seen. Saw EPC beat them 30ish at the NEA.

BoxNOne

According to a post on the conference record thread, Spring Hill is 19-2.

hogfan32

Spring Hill sits at 20-2 (11-1) 4 regular season games remaining. 1 tough road game at Genoa Central. No logical reason why junction city is ranked ahead of them, What so ever.

smackdat014

I agree Hogfan. Have watched both play, spring hill is disciplined. Junction city girls just throw stuff up and hope for the best.
Spring hill has a girl that can shoot like Crazy.

I thought Springhill had a woman coach in past years

hogfan32

She left for Nashville after the 35-0 Champioship season.  She was here for nearly 20 years. This group of seniors is her last good batch she coached. Look for Spring Hill girls basketball to drop some after this year.

thabeast428

Jc girls sure got a good record to be only throwing stuff up and hope it goes in. Jc is number 1 in their conference with no loses and only 2 non conference one to lakeside HS and other to Bearden in tourney

Mr. Trill

ADG has Earle with 1 loss but they lost to El Dorado & Providence, does the Providence game not count?

Pit Bull

Quote from: Mr. Trill on February 02, 2016, 09:29:45 am
ADG has Earle with 1 loss but they lost to El Dorado & Providence, does the Providence game not count?

Scrimmage

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: thabeast428 on February 02, 2016, 07:05:17 am
Jc girls sure got a good record to be only throwing stuff up and hope it goes in. Jc is number 1 in their conference with no loses and only 2 non conference one to lakeside HS and other to Bearden in tourney

Girls basketball as a whole in the southern part of the state isn't very strong. There's of course a few exceptions but not a ton of competition down here. Emerson girls are 1st in a conference where nobody has a winning record. I'm not sure if it's just the talent isn't here or what. But those teams up north know how to play. Atleast in 1a. I haven't seen many northern 2a girls games

hogfan32

Emerson girls used to run girls basketball not only in the south but state wide if I remember correctly? I'd have to say talent drop off and most girls in south Ark are more focused on softball because it was more available to them from a young age.

hogfan32

This is just strictly my opinion, but I've only seen a few schools in south AR that keep good girls teams. Not just 2A but Kirby, Spring Hill, and Genoa. Wickes at one point had solid teams. Nevada did a few years back.

BigLion10

It's all about those central Arkansas purple Lions this year in girls. JK I know there will be tougher competition all thought out state with JC West, SH, quitman, Marmaduke, EPC, etc... Looking forward to it

smackdat014

Quote from: thabeast428 on February 02, 2016, 07:05:17 am
We shall see come tourney time, Bearden girls have not impressed me neither. But hey, I could be wrong. We shall see touney time. Just speaking my opinion, no need to get mad.

thabeast428

Not getting mad, I'm just stating my opinion and just saying kinda hard to be undefeated in conference play and only 2 losses over all to say they just get lucky

BigLion10

Feb 7th ADG rankings
Boys
1. Earle
2. Walnut Ridge
3. Brinkley
4. Blevins
5. Bigelow
6. Clarendon

Girls
1. England
2. JC Westside
3. Quitman
4. Junction City
5. Spring Hill
6. Marmaduke

smackdat014

Junction city girls aren't even all that.. Girls 2A basketball has to be down if they are top 5

thabeast428

Sounds like u really have something against Jc so I hope they prove u wrong.

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: smackdat014 on February 08, 2016, 07:09:20 am
Junction city girls aren't even all that.. Girls 2A basketball has to be down if they are top 5

Haters gonna hate

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas