• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2/7 ADG rankings

Started by BigLion10, January 17, 2016, 12:04:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigLion10

January 17, 2016, 12:04:30 pm Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 12:05:48 pm by BigLion10
Girls
1. England
2. Johnson County Westside
3. Quitman
4. Marmaduke
5. East Poinsett County
6. Hackett

Boys
1. Earle
2. Walnut Ridge
3. Junction City
4. Blevins
5. Clarendon
6. Bigelow

thabeast428

I really think junction or Bearden girls should be it the top 5

WPWells

Congratulations for having a thought

neafan0653

No way walnut ridge is the second best team in the state. The 2a-3 would eat them alive

RedWolf275

Just from what I've heard, Spring Hill girls probably belong in there somewhere. I've seen Marmaduke and EPC and though they are both pretty solid teams, I'm not sure they are top five.

Hornet4ever

NEA Razorback olfan

January 17, 2016, 03:54:52 pm #6 Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 04:02:04 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Thoughts should be outlawed!!!
Especially if they don't agree with mine .... This is Nazi ....wait this is still the United States of America right???

Lol  ;)

Mr. Trill

1. Does ADG rankings get released only on Sundays?
2. After seeing Earle play yesterday, its hard to say they are the best in 2A

BigLion10

Yes they are released on Sunday

thabeast428

These rankings don't mean anything anyways, we will know who should be come state tourney time.

AT

Quote from: thabeast428 on January 17, 2016, 07:30:12 pm
These rankings don't mean anything anyways, we will know who should be come state tourney time.

I love it when people make these statements.

I should keep a count honestly.

thabeast428

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: thabeast428 on January 17, 2016, 09:06:23 pm
And Idc lol just saying

I watched Bearden and JC girls play in the finals online,  Bearden had one girl that had long range and JC was pretty scrappy turned up the D and forced a few turnovers but Bearden held them off. Not bad prolly top 10 IMO

PatFan

Quote from: Mr. Trill on January 17, 2016, 03:56:54 pm

Not impressed by what you saw from the Bulldogs?

Mr. Trill

Patfan, no I'm not and most of my reasoning comes from discipline. Discipline over Physicality any day.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Mr. Trill on January 18, 2016, 08:03:51 pm
Patfan, no I'm not and most of my reasoning comes from discipline. Discipline over Physicality any day.

+1

A team who is disciplined and has great teamwork can beat a more athletic basketball team most of the time. It all comes down to smart decisions and making the best of every possession.

hogfan32

SH girls should be in Top 5. I've seen Hackett girls play and there is no doubt SH Girls could beat them by 10+.

RedWolf275

EPC girls will drop out next week after being mercy ruled by Marmaduke. Spring Hill should move in jmo.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: hogfan32 on January 19, 2016, 11:36:38 am
SH girls should be in Top 5. I've seen Hackett girls play and there is no doubt SH Girls could beat them by 10+.

Good for you for having a thought. I bet Spring Hill could beat the lady hogs too.

ISU7

Quote from: thabeast428 on January 17, 2016, 07:30:12 pm
Yep youre so right ask the last season Clarendon High School boys team, they can tell you the games are played  on the court.  ;) 8)

bleudog

hogfan32

Idk about the lady hogs, but Hackett wouldn't be a problem  ;)

Pit Bull

Quote from: PatFan on January 17, 2016, 11:33:45 pm
Quote from: Mr. Trill on January 17, 2016, 03:56:54 pm

Not impressed by what you saw from the Bulldogs?

Agree, this is not a 7 time Champion Bulldog Team, next year's team will definitely fit the bill tho...

Head Lion

Pit, when are yall going to quit hiding from the Lions and put us back on the schedule? 8) :o ::)

Pit Bull

Quote from: Head Lion on January 20, 2016, 10:50:56 am
Pit, when are yall going to quit hiding from the Lions and put us back on the schedule? 8) :o ::)

HL, when we get better...

Hornet4ever

Quote from: hogfan32 on January 20, 2016, 09:42:10 am
Idk about the lady hogs, but Hackett wouldn't be a problem  ;)

The girls have done great, and besides Westside have had pretty much everyone at a mercy rule by half. 39-5 last night against UCA. So they aren't just posing in the 4-2A getting away with wins. I think they may be better then you think. But you think whatever pumpkin. I'm sure Spring Hill is good and youre just excited. I'm happy for you.

hogfan32

I'm sure they have done great with such a weak conference, not really that excited honestly. Just stated my opinion.  ;D

Pit Bull

Quote from: hogfan32 on January 20, 2016, 12:01:49 pm
I'm sure they have done great with such a weak conference, not really that excited honestly. Just stated my opinion.  ;D

I don't think that the conference is weak in comparison to the rest of the state... We've had big wins this season but it's still not the traditional Championship Styled Team...

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Pit Bull on January 20, 2016, 12:16:33 pm

I don't think that the conference is weak in comparison to the rest of the state... We've had big wins this season but it's still not the traditional Championship Styled Team...

He's talking about 4-2A dude... Lol. Not earle. Just let him talk. Hey Hogfan where did you see Hackett girls play anyways?

hogfan32

I'm not saying the Hackett girls are a bad team by no means, def a top 10. I just dog think they are #6. And they conference is weak and is being carried by JC west. (This is based off the 1/9 conference ranking thread) 1. J.C Westside---------14-2(5-0)
2. Hackett--------------10-3(3-0)
3. Union Christian------7-4(4-1)
4. Magazine-------------5-7(2-1)
5. Hartford--------------3-8(1-2)
5. Mountainburg--------6-10(1-3)
7. Decatur--------------0-13(0-4)
8. Eureka Springs------0-20(0-7)

hogfan32

hogfan32

Hornet4ever

Same song different dance. I wouldn't be having this discussion if the girls had this same record but were only beating these teams by 2-3 and not 30 points every night. Listen, I wasn't all bought in to it but when I saw us put JC Westside down at home and get out of there with a 6-7 point loss whatever it was I was impressed. Because Westside is good.

bighurt411

JC Westside has played some very tough non conference opponents. We did beat Paris earlier in the year also and they are a hot team at the moment. Going to England tomorrow will be a huge game for us as well.

BigLion10

Quote from: bighurt411 on January 20, 2016, 07:30:19 pm
JC Westside has played some very tough non conference opponents. We did beat Paris earlier in the year also and they are a hot team at the moment. Going to England tomorrow will be a huge game for us as well.
Beat Benton and Parkview as well didn't y'all?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bighurt411 on January 20, 2016, 07:30:19 pm

Watched Paris last night, that's an impressive win...

AT

Westside has played a non conference schedule that will have them ready for 2A teams. If they are beat, it won't be because a lack of playing tough teams. This is actually why it's good that Hackett's girls came on strong this year, it gives another solid squad for JC-Westside to play.

Westside will also have to deal with some tough teams in their regional tournament.

I'm excited about the game tomorrow and to find out where the girls stand right now in 2A.

BigLion10

You coming down trackster?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Almatrackster on January 20, 2016, 08:15:48 pm
Westside has played a non conference schedule that will have them ready for 2A teams. If they are beat, it won't be because a lack of playing tough teams. This is actually why it's good that Hackett's girls came on strong this year, it gives another solid squad for JC-Westside to play.

Westside will also have to deal with some tough teams in their regional tournament.

I'm excited about the game tomorrow and to find out where the girls stand right now in 2A.

If the game was in coal hill i would drive over for this one....

AT

Quote from: BigLion10 on January 20, 2016, 08:28:44 pm
You coming down trackster?

Unfortunately BigLion, I'm not. This makes me a bad fan to not go root on our girls for this big of a game, but the drive to England is 2 hours from Coal Hill and I'm 35 minutes the other direction, which means I'd probably have to make a 3 hour trip home in perhaps wintery weather mix in the dark. If I had someone going with me, I would have thought about it, but I'd be doing it by myself, so I won't be making the trip.

I have someone who goes to all the games who texts me periodic updates usually, so if he goes, I'll be good, and I'm sure someone will be posting updates on here.

Good luck to England tomorrow, some good 2A basketball tomorrow night. I'm glad these schools scheduled this game.

Safe travels to our girls and the good fans making this game.

BigLion10

Understood trackster and it doesn't make you a bad fan at all. Good luck to JC tomorrow and save travels to Lion Country

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BigLion10 on January 20, 2016, 08:46:24 pm
Understood trackster and it doesn't make you a bad fan at all. Good luck to JC tomorrow and save travels to Lion Country

Will you keep us updated?

BigLion10

BigLion10

Anyone got today's rankings?

bleudog

BoxNOne

Mr. Trill

After those rankings, out of those 5, does anyone have a favorite to win it all? Who is most impressive?

bigworm

The 2016 state champs aren't in the top 6 right now.  8)

But of the ones in the top 6 I'd say earle is the favorite.

Lions84

Mr. Trill

Wish I knew more on other teams to make that call

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas