• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ADG Rankings

Started by Head Lion, January 05, 2016, 10:00:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Head Lion

Earle 2. Walnut Ridge 3. Junction City 4. Blevins 5. Clarendon 6. Brinkley. Girls 1. England 2. Johnson Co Westside 3. Quit man 4. Marmaduke 5. Sloan Hendrix 6. Mt Pine

bdubyab60

I'm taking it that they ain't seen some of these teams play. Lol

Head Lion

Looking at all of them, I thought 2A was most out of whack or least informed.

ridgerunner14

January 05, 2016, 10:40:31 pm #3 Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 08:57:04 pm by ridgerunner14
k

bdubyab60

Quote from: ridgerunner14 on January 05, 2016, 10:40:31 pm
Quote from: bdubyab60 on January 05, 2016, 10:10:29 pm

for sure, I watched Marmaduke get beat by 1A ICC the other day in NEA Tournament
They have been beaten a few times.

leaderofthepack10

The ADG polls are a joke. Not saying that these teams do not deserve it but they don't go out and watch games. They mostly look at records and put teams in. I know walnut ridge is a good squad but not better than Marked Tree or EPC in my opinion. They will struggle to get to the state tourney because of their region.

Cheek

Quote from: ridgerunner14 on January 05, 2016, 10:40:31 pm

for sure, I watched Marmaduke get beat by 1A ICC the other day in NEA Tournament

Marmaduke is not close to top 6.  They will have trouble winning their conference. 

BoxNOne

Marmaduke will probably win their conference but they aren't #6 in the state. What about Spring Hill and Mineral Springs. I thought they were pretty good.

ISU7

Exactly.... ;) 8)

bleudog

January 06, 2016, 08:23:22 am #9 Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 09:32:36 am by bleudog
I've only seen one JC game (the finals of Dual State against Emerson) but in that game they started three sophomores, one junior and one senior.  While the senior passes the eye test, and they may come together as the season progresses (I don't think they've played very many games), they aren't the team they were last year.

redrider30

Go ahead and hate on the Lady Greyhounds. We are not as good as last year but who is? I'll answer that. Nobody. England and JC Westside probably top of the field and Spring Hill should be in the top 6 but not in the place of Marmaduke. How about #5 Sloan Hendrix who Marmaduke just beat rather easy in the NEA. As for the rankings being crap, sometimes teams show up who shouldn't be there but the last 4 years in 2A girls the team ranked #1 all year has won the state and semi-final teams have usually been ranked, so I wouldn't say they are completely wrong.

redrider30

Hey ridgerunner. Getting beat by ICC in the finals of the NEA is nothing to be ashamed of. They are a very good 1A team with a D1 recruit who the Lady Backs are looking at. Ask all of the larger schools that we beat last year with a smaller school and a D1 player if their teams were no good because they lost to a team that won their state and finished 41-2. I think GCT, Paragould, Dexter Mo, Pottsville and Covington TN would all disagree with your comment about ICC beating Marmaduke. They all had really good teams last year.

NEA Razorback olfan

I believe ICC has really improved since last year , especially at the guard positions.
Marmaduke has a history of winning, they will be right there making a run at state again.

Cheek

January 06, 2016, 12:47:53 pm #13 Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 05:01:12 pm by Cheek
Quote from: BoxNOne on January 06, 2016, 07:50:17 am
Marmaduke will probably win their conference but they aren't #6 in the state. What about Spring Hill and Mineral Springs. I thought they were pretty good.

I do not know about Spring Hill, but Mineral Springs and Foreman had a lot coming back this year.   I think Mountain Pine beat MS and Foreman in a tournament this year.  Mt. Pine is very good and England had to play very hard to beat them last night by 10.  I am not hating on Marmaduke, but when they came to England they did not play well.  I do not know if they had an off night, but England won with ease.  England will play JC Westside on January 21, 2016, and it should be a really good game.   

bdubyab60

Id be more impressed with Marmaduke being in the top 5 if they had beaten EPC. Only reason they made the finals is they were on the other side of the bracket from ICC. If EPC girls would play some team ball they would be a dangerous team. They arent playing asa a team and still beat Duke. I expect Duke to repay the favor at Duke.

Ill say I think the boys side is wide open though and probably will depend on whos hot come tourney time. The Girls England looks to be a little out in front of the rest but not by a lot.

Cheek

Quote from: bdubyab60 on January 06, 2016, 05:48:38 pm
Id be more impressed with Marmaduke being in the top 5 if they had beaten EPC. Only reason they made the finals is they were on the other side of the bracket from ICC. If EPC girls would play some team ball they would be a dangerous team. They arent playing asa a team and still beat Duke. I expect Duke to repay the favor at Duke.

Ill say I think the boys side is wide open though and probably will depend on whos hot come tourney time. The Girls England looks to be a little out in front of the rest but not by a lot.

England will have a tough test when JC Westside comes to town.  This should be an evenly matched game.  As far as Marmaduke,  unless they got a lot better, they would struggle to make regionals if they were in our conference. 

bdubyab60

Quote from: Cheek on January 06, 2016, 06:27:12 pm

England will have a tough test when JC Westside comes to town.  This should be an evenly matched game.  As far as Marmaduke,  unless they got a lot better, they would struggle to make regionals if they were in our conference.
A little weak up this way this year. Not saying someone couldn't make a run but it will definitely have to be someone has improved by a lot going on to tourney time

Cheek

Quote from: bdubyab60 on January 06, 2016, 07:34:09 pm

A little weak up this way this year. Not saying someone couldn't make a run but it will definitely have to be someone has improved by a lot going on to tourney time

We played EPC and they are not bad.  The post player is good and they could beat anyone if they play up to their potential.

Cheek

Quote from: bdubyab60 on January 06, 2016, 07:34:09 pm

We played EPC and they are not bad.  The post player is good and they could beat anyone if they play up to their potential.

BoxNOne

If I'm not mistaken, the north plays the east in the first round of the state tournament. I think the east will get the best of those four games.

hogfan32

Mineral Springs and Spring Hill should be in the top 6, I can't speak for mineral Springs record wise, but I have seem them play and they are super talented. Spring Hill is 11-2 (4-1) beaten by 12 by palaski academy and 2 by mineral Springs. Went on the road and beat a good Foreman squad by 12 or 14 Tuesday.

Pit Bull

Quote from: Head Lion on January 05, 2016, 10:00:18 pm
1. Earle 2. Walnut Ridge 3. Junction City 4. Blevins 5. Clarendon 6. Brinkley. Girls 1. England 2. Johnson Co Westside 3. Quit man 4. Marmaduke 5. Sloan Hendrix 6. Mt Pine

Head Lion it just bothered you too much to put that #1 in there, I'll help you....

Head Lion

Quote from: Pit Bull on January 07, 2016, 11:01:57 am
Quote from: Head Lion on January 05, 2016, 10:00:18 pm
1. Earle 2. Walnut Ridge 3. Junction City 4. Blevins 5. Clarendon 6. Brinkley. Girls 1. England 2. Johnson Co Westside 3. Quit man 4. Marmaduke 5. Sloan Hendrix 6. Mt Pine

Head Lion it just bothered you too much to put that #1 in there, I'll help you....
No Pit, it was late the other night and just a slip. Best of luck to the Dogs.

Pit Bull

Just jokes HL, good luck to the Lions also, I know you guys will be tough down the stretch.... That CR seems tough tho with that Reeves kid...

Head Lion

Quote from: Pit Bull on January 07, 2016, 11:11:00 am
Just jokes HL, good luck to the Lions also, I know you guys will be tough down the stretch.... That CR seems tough tho with that Reeves kid...
They beat us 3 at their place. He had 21 and we shot 5-14 from the line. Started 4 sophmores and a Sr.

redrider30

England won't have any problem with JC Westside at England. As for as Marmaduke we are getting better. Anytime you loose your top 7 players to graduation this means the players on this years team didn't play much last season and the more they play the better they are getting. Marmaduke has played a tough schedule and currently has more wins than anyone in the state 2A and up. This being said they still have more improving to do but seem to be getting better at the right time.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: redrider30 on January 07, 2016, 02:53:04 pm
England won't have any problem with JC Westside at England.

Why not?

WPWells

ISU7

Quote from: Head Lion on January 07, 2016, 11:30:14 am
They beat us 3 at their place. He had 21 and we shot 5-14 from the line. Started 4 sophmores and a Sr.
I know teams that has won State with 4 sophomores starting.  If they are on the court they play. 21pts is a very good night basketball is so much more than scoring. Manila always have an excuse for what happened in a game. sometimes it's because the team was a higher classification. 😄😃  STOP IT. lol.

Head Lion

ISU, what's the Colts record??✌🏿️✌🏿

Cheek

Quote from: HF on January 07, 2016, 02:53:21 pm

Why not?

This is someone form Marmaduke.  England fans know it will be their toughest game of the season.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Cheek on January 07, 2016, 04:30:39 pm

Why not?

This is someone form Marmaduke.  England fans know it will be their toughest game of the season.

I still wanna know his reasoning for his thinking(of there is any)

redrider30

I'm not knocking JC Westside. I believe they probably have the 2nd best team in 2A. That being said they are going on the road to play the best team in 2A and from what I've seen from England they won't have any problem in this game at home. Just my opinion. I just think England is better.

Pit Bull

Quote from: ISU7 on January 07, 2016, 04:02:01 pm
I know teams that has won State with 4 sophomores starting.  If they are on the court they play. 21pts is a very good night basketball is so much more than scoring. Manila always have an excuse for what happened in a game. sometimes it's because the team was a higher classification. 😄😃  STOP IT. lol.

You know, you can really be a crapwad... HL didn't sound like he was making excuses at all to me... Get off your high horse sometimes and come down to have a regular conversation with your fellow NEA people...

ISU7

Quote from: Pit Bull on January 07, 2016, 08:11:26 pm
Quote from: ISU7 on January 07, 2016, 04:02:01 pm

You know, you can really be a crapwad... HL didn't sound like he was making excuses at all to me... Get off your high horse sometimes and come down to have a regular conversation with your fellow NEA people...
Lol. I guess I'll look up the word crapwad. too see if it exist. HL and I have a understanding, he know I will quote on his post just too see what he comes back with. Now the last time I saw HL he was still a man and still speaking english.  I'm sure he doesn't need someone to co-sign for him. Oh I don't ride horses you got the wrong person. 😄😃😎

Pit Bull

You've been a bit of a butt lately and it's surprising to me considering how everyone from NEA was pulling for Rivercrest recently in the Football Championship... I'm just saying lighten up a little on this side dude...

Head Lion

It's all good, if ISU was ragging on me. I think he was sick.

ISU7

Quote from: Pit Bull on January 07, 2016, 09:02:23 pm
You've been a bit of a butt lately and it's surprising to me considering how everyone from NEA was pulling for Rivercrest recently in the Football Championship... I'm just saying lighten up a little on this side dude...
Lol everybody in NEA say they were pulling for RC but we know the deal. Dude this is a topic board nothing I say on here is serious. Wow..

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Why not?

Looks like the Brinkley game was pretty tough.

Pit Bull

I'm just  saying you can get over it now, we all took a loss at War Memorial that day, stop letting it drag you down man...

keohog

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on January 07, 2016, 09:07:41 pm

Why not?

Talking about the Girls.

Cheek

Why not?

Coach knew they would be, and that is why he scheduled the gsme.  It was a late addition to the schedule.  but you need to play these teams to get ready for tournment time. 

MomaLion

Why not?

I had the same thought Pick

MomaLion

Quote from: keohog on January 07, 2016, 10:18:41 pm

Why not?

Talking about the Girls.
Ok, gotcha

ISU7

Quote from: Pit Bull on January 07, 2016, 10:13:30 pm
I'm just  saying you can get over it now, we all took a loss at War Memorial that day, stop letting it drag you down man...
Im never down after the Colts lose especially when we wasn't suppose too be there from the start. RiverCrest did an outstanding job. I don't get on here saying we go this and we got that and we gone win this and that. The Colts play the game on the field. Its easy to get knocked out in the firt round of a playoff game on any given night. Who else played that day besides RiverCrest. 8) 8)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas