• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strong School Bus Accident

Started by bleudog, December 30, 2015, 07:36:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bleudog

December 30, 2015, 07:36:06 pm Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 08:06:10 pm by bleudog
"According to Arkansas State Police, a school bus carrying 15-20 occupants was traveling west bound on Arkansas Hwy 82 when the trailer end of a 2006 Mack logging truck, became detached from the tractor unit and rested in the westbound lane of traffic. The school bus then collided with the trailer end and came to rest on the side of the road upon impact. News-Times/Terrance Armstard"

Pictures available on the El Dorado News-Times Facebook page

http://www.myarklamiss.com/news/local-news/school-bus-accident-sends-students-to-the-hospital

bleudog

MDXPHD

Glad the injuries weren't too serious. Could have been much worse!

MomaLion

Wow, that could have been tragic. Thankful injuries were minor.

bleudog

December 31, 2015, 10:25:58 am #4 Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 11:00:01 am by bleudog
Nothing confirmed, but I heard the worst injury was the coach's ankle.

NEA Razorback olfan

Good Lord was Watching over!!
Glad no serious injuries!!

bleudog

Oldref

Wow so thankful it was not a much worse accident. It surely could have been. Sounds like the kids proved they are  much more than basketball players and stepped up to help those who needed it. Hope everyone feels better real soon!!! Praying for Strong players, coaches and all involved!!

bleudog

Lions84

The Good Lord was watching out for those kids.

bleudog

In the EDNT today (01/23/16):

To the Editor:

The Strong-Huttig School District would like to express our appreciation for the assistance provided to us immediately following the bus accident and the days following. Pro-Med Ambulance Service and the City of Huttig ambulance, Arkansas State Police, Union County Sheriffs' Office, School Resource Officer Andre Lovett, El Dorado Police Department and M&A Wrecking Service all responded quickly and professionally to address the needs of students and staff.

The Medical Center of South Arkansas did a fantastic job working with our students and staff. Families were treated with respect and provided information in a timely manner. The doctors and their staff were professional and worked with all involved parties to address concerns. If we have failed to mention anyone by name, please know that your service is appreciated.

The calls and messages from other schools and area churches were greatly appreciated. Thanks for all your thoughts and concerns about our students and staff. We appreciate it.

Superintendent Saul Lusk

Principal Jeff Alphin

Lions84

Good for the Super.  And I am proud how everyone responded to help out.

bleudog

Lions84

Bless their hearts I had some issues returning to driving after our Wreck in 2006.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas