• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NEA Tournament

Started by MikelB, December 21, 2015, 10:15:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mtindian42

mtindian42

Epc 82 sh 64 final read caused me my 20 point perdition 😀

mtindian42

Dad gum you epc 1 more reason not to like you!😜

bdubyab60

Well we get out of here with this one. SH played a good game. But this one should have been over a while ago. Everytime we had chance to put them away we would make a stupid play, miss freethrows or any easy shot. Made me down the stretch and got the win.

bdubyab60

Quote from: mtindian42 on December 26, 2015, 08:50:50 pm
Epc 82 sh 64 final read caused me my 20 point perdition 😀
Yeah he missed the dunk but 2 of the 15 freethrows would have done too

mtindian42

Lol I hear ya man! I was listening on 95.3 the ticket. Good job to y'all

bdubyab60

You guys take care of BIC like yall did last time.

mtindian42

Will be tough man Taylor will have them boys ready!

NEAscout100

21 from Sloan did play a pretty good game, so did Reed

Baller_34

I thought the total opposite, I thought Sloan should have won but couldn't get a call or break their way. I thought EPC shot better than they usually do. JMO

mtindian42

Baller 34 or you trolling? Epc was in control of that whole game! Tho it got close it was never in doubt who would win that game!  Both teams had missed opportunities! Not jus sh

Baller_34

Just my observation man. Nothing against EPC I just thought Sloan was a break or two away

mtindian42

Lol I'm a marked tree guy defending epc! Thank the world may be coming to and end!!!😀

bdubyab60

Quote from: Baller_34 on December 27, 2015, 04:09:25 pm
Just my observation man. Nothing against EPC I just thought Sloan was a break or two away
Would have took more than one break they never got closer than 7 the entire game. Yeah Sloan played a good game but EPC didn't close out like they should have. They would get up 11-14 points then miss easy shots or freethrows that would have pushed it to more.

It was closer to being an even bigger win from EPC than a win by Sloan. Not sure what game you watched. I was never worried EPC was goojng to lose the game. Despite a few good runs by Sloan. For the most part the game stayed around 8-12 points the entire game.

NEA Razorback olfan

This is one of the better teams Sloan Hendrix has had in the past, everyone was expecting a blowout from the tip including me!!  but SH played hard and gave the warriors a decent game for a half. A few calls that would have gone SH way could have tightened the game up in the 3rd, but EPC depth was a lot better and it wore SH down. SH bench made some bad passes that led to some quick points for EPC. EPC went on a big run and put the game away led by Reed.
Good luck to both teams !!

MikelB

Anybody know why Tuckerman boys played in Division II but their  girls are in Division I?

Baller_34

I was sitting by an EPC fan and after the first quarter he said that they were shooting better than they usually do. After the the third he also said he thought Sloan was really close to getting a win. It don't matter two cents to me just commenting on what I saw.

bdubyab60

Facts are facts though. The game never got closer than 7, so I fail to see how Sloan was supposed to win that game. They made runs to stay in it and EPC missed as many chances to put that game away as Sloan had chances to get it closer than 7.

I would say coming close to winning they game they would have been within one possession and not 3. They were several breaks from winning that game. The game ended up 18 points and was at 10 when Sloan started fouling hoping we would keep missing freethrows and we finally made some. Which if EPC makes half of what they missed the game is never close.

EPC is a streaky shooting team though from the field and the line. Think we made 4 or 5 in a row to end the game from the line but probably only shot 60% from the freethrow line on the night, I'm just guessing on it.

If it had gotten to a one possession game though then I think you could have said they may have had a shot. But it never did.

The other two games before that could have went either way for a while. And this game was never as close as those

RedWolf275

December 28, 2015, 08:45:25 am #118 Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 08:53:33 am by RedWolf275
Quote from: MikelB on December 27, 2015, 08:43:51 pm
Anybody know why Tuckerman boys played in Division II but their  girls are in Division I?

I also noticed this. I thought that the divisions were set by enrollment. Tuckerman girls might have likes the upper division better though. After Nettleton, the upper probably not as good as lower from seeds 2-6. Valley View didnt look like a strong #2 seed to me. Harrisburg is 3 seed and Cedar Ridge is 4. EPC beat Harrisburg and Bay has beaten CR. Just my opinion.

MikelB

Quote from: RedWolf275 on December 28, 2015, 08:45:25 am
Quote from: MikelB on December 27, 2015, 08:43:51 pm

I also noticed this. I thought that the divisions were set by enrollment. Tuckerman girls might have likes the upper division better though. After Nettleton, the upper probably not as good as lower from seeds 2-6. Valley View didnt look like a strong #2 seed to me. Harrisburg is 3 seed and Cedar Ridge is 4. EPC beat Harrisburg and Bay has beaten CR. Just my opinion.

I have just never seen them separate a school into two different divisions like that.

Donnie Jamon

I think it is based off population or towns to which division you play in.  Either it was requested b/c of lack of girl teams or somebody got confused on how big the town is.

bdubyab60

Its ususally based on enrollment. Probably had some teams turn down the invitation to the tourney. Then Tuckerman offered or was the only one to step up and go to the upper division, not sure what their enrollment is. They have had a hard time finding larger schools to participate over the last few years. Teams like jonesboro go to tourneys where they are guaranteed at least 3 games against tough competition. you are only allowed to play so many tourneys I believe and some are already scheduled for other tourneys so the NEA ends up short.

BoxNOne

Tuckerman is moving to 3A next year

Donnie Jamon

NEA Razorback olfan

EPC 75
Tuckerman 46
Final

BoxNOne

Good win for EPC. Don't think Tuckerman had lost many games.

bdubyab60

Hopefully starting to get clicking again.

RedWolf275

Division II Girls
Melbourne 46 Harrisburg 43

RedWolf275

Division I Girls
Marmaduke 58 Sloan Hendrix 43

mtindian42

Cr 40 Rc 28 halftime  girls

mtindian42

ISU7

Quote from: mtindian42 on December 28, 2015, 03:58:28 pm
Cr 60 RC 38 4th girls
mtindian42 are they shutting J.Elder down?

MikelB

Quote from: bdubyab60 on December 28, 2015, 01:14:02 pm
Hopefully starting to get clicking again.

Still didn't look very good bdub, too many turnovers and petty fouls.

mtindian42

Cr 70 RC 48 final girls

She had about 20 isu

mtindian42

Izzard county vs mammoth springs next. 1st boys game of the day

NEA Razorback olfan

Cedar Ridge played a box n one on Elder, Rivercrest just didn't have the weapons CR had. Henderson for CR had 20pts the first half , ended up with 22 after sitting out most of the 2nd half in foul trouble. She can play!!!
Elder ended up with 22 also I believe

mtindian42

Andrew walker is a good looking player for IC

mtindian42

He has 17 of there 19 I believe

mtindian42

Lol Andrew walker 29 Ms 21 halftime

mtindian42

If ms can foul walker out they could win this! He has 3 right now

mtindian42

It's the Andrew walker show!!! What a pass😮😮😮 kid can ball!!! 48-33 icc 4th

bdubyab60

If that is that left handed kid, yeah he can ball.

mtindian42

Yeah that's him bdub. The final was 71-50 icc moveing on!

Next up is Cr vs westside

mtindian42

mtindian42

Westside 34-25 at the half

mtindian42

mtindian42

It's a dunk fest between mayo and reeves

mtindian42

65-60 westside 1:40 to go cr has the ball

bdubyab60

mtindian42

69-68 westside .6 to go