• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

8-2A

Started by strong#1, December 12, 2015, 01:36:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

strong#1

Haven't really heard anything on any of the teams from 8-2A. Will there be any competition this season?

thabeast428

I believe junction girls will be tough but not sure about the boys

strong#1

What is there record?

thabeast428

December 13, 2015, 07:18:04 am #3 Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 07:22:24 am by thabeast428
Jc girls are 2-1 loss in semi of fordyce tournament to lakeside but beat arkadelphia and dollarway

ErnestTBass

Parker's Chapel used to be really really good in this league. Talent dropped off? Does anybody have anything?

strong#1

Quote from: ErnestTBass on December 13, 2015, 10:21:57 pm
Parker's Chapel used to be really really good in this league. Talent dropped off? Does anybody have anything?
I don't really know what there looking like this year. But PC boys lost to strong in the fordyce tournament

strong#1

Quote from: thabeast428 on December 13, 2015, 07:18:04 am
Jc girls are 2-1 loss in semi of fordyce tournament to lakeside but beat arkadelphia and dollarway
Strong Girls are 3-1 with the loss coming from McGhee. Wins Are 2x Crossett & Dermott

heavyhittaz_7

Hermitage boys are going to be okay this year also. Get to see Monta Thomas and Jordan Jones go at it on the hardwood later today. Both top athletes in the state. Should be some rim shakeing going on.

hogfan32

Any of you guys in the 8 heard anything about Spring Hill and Laf. County moving over there next year?

heavyhittaz_7

Haven't heard anything on that. Gonna check around and see though.

hogfan32

Yeah let me know! I first heard about it back during the summer and dismissed it has a rumor buts the talk has picked up a lot here recently.

thabeast428

Jc girls over warren 59-45.                                                             Jc boys over strong 67-46. In Smackover tournament

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: hogfan32 on December 16, 2015, 11:17:54 am
Any of you guys in the 8 heard anything about Spring Hill and Laf. County moving over there next year?

Only in every sport but football. This will take place the next cycle.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ErnestTBass on December 13, 2015, 10:21:57 pm

Seen them tonight...and I'd say talent dropped off..cause they didn't look very good against a very average nemo vista.

Football

Strong Sr girls rolled the Lady Hermits last night!! #24 Thrower from the Lady Dogs put on a shooting show nailing 4 3point shots.. She finished with 23

The Sr boys game was very entertaining.. With Coach Lunney in the stands to see Hermitage's Monta Thomas the Jr didn't disappoint scoring 28 points.. 13 in the first quarter. But it wasn't enough as the Bulldogs got the win in a tight one. #11 Rucks led the way for the Dogs pouring in 22.

strong#1

Strong girls defeated the number 1 team in the conference tonight with thrower #24 hitting a buzzer beater 3 in OT. It was a very good game and Strong girls Managed To Pull it off.

Strong Boys also defeated bearden

Football

1-26-16
PC Lady Trojans had a little trouble thru the first three qs but managed to slip away with a win over the Lady Hermits.. Lady Hermits played a good game but couldn't get anything to fall in the 4th. #33 Norwood of PC is a player to watch.
In the boys action The Trojans was riding high after a win over JC.. That momentum didn't last long as the Hermits played their best game of the season rolling past the Trojans.. #55 Jaun Aranda led the way for the Hermits with 14.
1-29-30
JC Lady Dragons used a style of play normally you would see on the track.. They ran their way to an early double digit lead and never looked back. They are very fast and athletic and the Lady Hermits just couldn't keep up.. #1 Nancy and #24 Fisher led the way for the Lady Dragons.

In the boys action an what was a very entertaining game it was JC slipping past the Hermits.. With just sec left the Hermits had a chance to tie with a 3.. The ball bounced wide right off the rim and the Dragons started to celebrate. #1 Ty Grayson had a monster game for the Dragons pouring in 36..The Hermits were led by Monta Thomas with 18.

strong#1

Strong Girls Lost To Jc
Strong boys managed to slip away from Jc.
Both Sides played good ball & showed great sportsmanship

Proud Buckaroo

It seems that Junction City is a entirely different team without Davis.

thabeast428

Yea no doubt lol crazy how one man missing can make that big of a difference especially one that isn't a real big man but played with a lot of heart and hustled the whole game. Someone better step up

THA TRUTH

With Davis Jc still has that one loss to Emerson and could contend for state but without him might not even win conference

thabeast428

Heard he is out rest of season and may be out beginning of football. Depending on how fast ligaments heal

THA TRUTH

No need to rush this injury at all

thabeast428

No not at all, heard it was knee but tore a bunch of ligaments that's why it's gonna take awhile. Glad it wasn't Acl

THA TRUTH

I heard it was ACL from a pretty reliable source but I hope it isn't that reliable now

Football

I can't stand it when a kid gets injured.. Hopefully he have a speedy recovery..

Strong#1 my Hermits roll in to town tonight.. That Jr High Girls game should be a good one..

jvance

Can u update the Strong/Hermitage games as they go tonight?

dragondad

Quote from: THA TRUTH on February 04, 2016, 03:06:47 pm
I heard it was ACL from a pretty reliable source but I hope it isn't that reliable now

You're source is good, ACL out 6 months. Really sucks seeing him on the bench, keep him in your prayers.

strong#1

Strong Jr.Girls won and remain undefeated
Strong Sr.Girls Won
Strong Sr.Boys Won I think the finally score was 82-59

jvance

District tournament kicks off tonight:

Hermitage vs Dermott (girls) 500 pm
Hermitage vs Woodlawn (boys) 630 pm

jvance

Both Hermitage teams won tonight

Football

Hermits lose heart breaker to Dermott 90-92.. Monta Thomas had 32 14rebs.. #30 from Dermott is a old school dog on the blocks.. Don't know his stat line but I would say he had at least 40

thabeast428

Is anybody gonna post who wins tonight's games?

anonymousbballviewer07

Dermott loses hard One to strong 56-62  was a One sided ball game the first half but the second half got hazed by the referees but great game. Strong had a dunk fest #11,2,& 4 are a heck of a trio for strong

thabeast428

Oh ok dang I bet that was a good game.

thabeast428

Jc girls 47-36 over strong

thabeast428

Jc boys over Bearden 98-97 in ot

bleudog

anonymousbballviewer07

Who wins What is It looking like for the 7

thabeast428

Rison girls won over Jc and strong boys won over Jc

anonymousbballviewer07

Thanks and Rison over Junction wow

THA TRUTH

The hate for Jc got real last night...

thabeast428

Yea no doubt, but hopefully they will hush em up in regionals. I never knew so many people hated Jc until last night

Billie Blue

Quote from: THA TRUTH on February 21, 2016, 12:20:40 pm
The hate for Jc got real last night...
Yep I heard things got a little ancy over there last night

sportsguy80

Who hosted the district?

THA TRUTH

Proud Buckaroo

What was the score of the junction/strong game?

Strong best fan 1981

THA TRUTH

For some reason Jc coach thought it was a good idea to stay in a zone D even though strong was lighting it up from 3 and the dragons aren't the same team without jalen Davis

Proud Buckaroo

How many points did Grayson have?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas