• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JC-Westside Basketball

Started by AT, November 16, 2015, 08:35:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hornet4ever

Quote from: rebelfootball on January 12, 2016, 09:12:59 am
Mercy Rule

Is someone still sour over football?? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Hornet4ever on January 12, 2016, 06:14:01 pm
Quote from: rebelfootball on January 12, 2016, 09:12:59 am
Mercy Rule

Is someone still sour over football?? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

How's that blow out going? Hackett winning 28-24 at half.

Hornet4ever

JC Westside wins 59-53. Good game for sure, Hackett lost because of missed free throws and the ability to some reason not cover #5. I bet she scored 15-20 points. Oh well, the goober from Westside said we would get blown out and we didn't. Mission accomplished, Rebel is still upset Hackett beat Westside by 30 in football. He gets upset easy.

AT

Girls

JC-Westside - 59
Hackett - 53

Girls played a good team tonight. Faced some adversity. Missed a lot of layups and then grinded out the win in the 2nd half. Trailed by 10 at some point.

Boys

JC-Westside - 61
Hackett - 49

Chazz Estep for the Rebels scores 32 points in a big win for the Rebels over Hackett.

Girls are now (15-2) (6-0) and the Boys are (3-9) (2-4)

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Almatrackster on January 12, 2016, 10:13:38 pm
Girls

JC-Westside - 59
Hackett - 53

Girls played a good team tonight. Faced some adversity. Missed a lot of layups and then grinded out the win in the 2nd half. Trailed by 10 at some point.

Boys

JC-Westside - 61
Hackett - 49

Chazz Estep for the Rebels scores 32 points in a big win for the Rebels over Hackett.

Girls are now (15-2) (6-0) and the Boys are (3-9) (2-4)

61-49! I said 61-51 my bad. The boy from Westside is an awesome player. He scored like crazy...

Girls game was good though. We are better then we thought.

AT

It actually might have been 61-51...not sure now.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Almatrackster on January 12, 2016, 10:37:02 pm
It actually might have been 61-51...not sure now.

Hackett girls have lost to Vian (OK) in the championship round of a Mansfield tournament, I think the first game of the season to Cedarville, not sure what happened there honestly wasn't there and then lost to Westside tonight. I've only been to certain games but they seem to be getting better weekly.

AT

They are a good team. I personally think they are more athletic than Westside's girls, but the Lady Rebels play so well together and are very team oriented. They pass well and don't get rattled. Very skilled players (this isn't to say they aren't athletic, I think Hackett is just a bit more athletic).

This caused problems in the first half. Lady Rebels couldn't score in the 1st half. The #5 you mentioned is money from the 3 point line, but she was cold in the 1st half. Lanei Hurt, the linchpin to the team, couldn't buy a bucket.

The 2nd half all of that changed, though.

I was impressed with Hackett's ability to score inside in the 1st half. They had great post moves and #23 played great tonight. I was also impressed whenever Hackett's two senior starters got immediate foul trouble and the Lady Hornets still pushed out a lead and hung around.

I believe the Lady Rebels will play Hackett much better the 2nd time because now they know how good they are, but I think that Hackett won't get into as much foul trouble at home. Should be a good rematch.

AT

Hackett was a good game for these girls. I think the girls will use it as motivation for the rest of the year. They are a smart bunch and learn from each game. Coach McBee uses all these games as motivation tools.

AT

District looks to be a battle between Westside and Hackett.

Regional looks like it will be Quitman, Westside, Hackett, Hector, and maybe Conway Christian fighting for the 4 spots.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Almatrackster on January 12, 2016, 10:50:02 pm

Regional looks like it will be Quitman, Westside, Hackett, Hector, and maybe Conway Christian fighting for the 4 spots.

Conway st Joe?

AT

Quote from: HF on January 12, 2016, 10:52:47 pm
Quote from: Almatrackster on January 12, 2016, 10:50:02 pm

Conway st Joe?

Sorry, they should be included. I'm still trying to figure out all the regional teams here. I know our conference well enough now, but the other one I still have to figure out. Need to look at your standings more.

AT

Yeah replace Conway Christian with Conway St. Joseph's

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Almatrackster on January 12, 2016, 10:55:47 pm

Haha, seen ccs tonight, they play hard, but just aren't very good....st Joe beat hectr at home last week..

AT

Quote from: HF on January 12, 2016, 10:58:22 pm

Haha, seen ccs tonight, they play hard, but just aren't very good....st Joe beat hectr at home last week..

Hector really does rely on Stanek to carry them. She has some talent around her, but she can take that team to a whole 'nother level. Is she still balling out?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Almatrackster on January 12, 2016, 10:58:42 pm

Hector really does rely on Stanek to carry them. She has some talent around her, but she can take that team to a whole 'nother level. Is she still balling out?

Stanek hasn't played in either game I've watched, was on crutches before Christmas. Wasn't even dressed out tonight...

AT

Quote from: HF on January 12, 2016, 11:00:42 pm
Quote from: Almatrackster on January 12, 2016, 10:58:42 pm

Stanek hasn't played in either game I've watched, was on crutches before Christmas. Wasn't even dressed out tonight...

Oh my! My gosh, that shows how tough Hector is just to still be competing. Is she scheduled to come back? They really do need her.

HorseFeathers

No idea, LI'm not very loyal to the ole alma mater...I don't know if she played or not, but they upset valley springs over Christmas...

Hornet4ever

Quote from: HF on January 12, 2016, 11:07:42 pm
No idea, LI'm not very loyal to the ole alma mater...I don't know if she played or not, but they upset valley springs over Christmas...

Made any 5 hour trips yet? Lol

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hornet4ever on January 12, 2016, 11:55:55 pm

Na...furthest I've been from home this year is to two rivers lol

Hornet4ever

Quote from: HF on January 13, 2016, 06:24:57 am

Weak

bighurt411

Quote from: BigLion10 on January 11, 2016, 02:53:51 pm
I'm ready to see y'all come to England next week should be a great game
Still looking forward to it. Should be a slugfest........

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hornet4ever on January 13, 2016, 08:14:39 am

Weak

Been having car issues lately....so staying within a certain travel area...

Hornet4ever

Quote from: HF on January 13, 2016, 09:08:01 am
Quote from: Hornet4ever on January 13, 2016, 08:14:39 am

Weak

Been having car issues lately....so staying within a certain travel area...

Let me know soon we'll go to some games

BigLion10

Come to England next Thursday HF and watch us play JC Westside I'm sure someone from there can pick u up on the way

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BigLion10 on January 13, 2016, 03:49:54 pm
Come to England next Thursday HF and watch us play JC Westside I'm sure someone from there can pick u up on the way

Maybe trackster can hook me up haha

WPWells

I'd come if that wasn't the night of the Kentucky game

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Fred Bird on January 13, 2016, 04:54:15 pm

If the Hogs beat Kentucky Fred I'll buy you a pizza

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hornet4ever on January 13, 2016, 04:56:17 pm
Quote from: Fred Bird on January 13, 2016, 04:54:15 pm

If the Hogs beat Kentucky Fred I'll buy you a pizza

Can I get one too?

WPWells

BigLion10

Since you're buying I'll take a large meat lovers as well :D

Hornet4ever

Pizza for everyone if the hogs win

BigLion10

AT

The Westside teams travel to Magazine tomorrow night for another road game.

AT

For the girls, Magazine doesn't look to be as good as Hackett on paper, but it will still be a tough test against probably the 3rd best team in the conference on the road. Can't come out like we did against Hackett on the road. Comebacks are always tougher away from home.

The boys will have to play well against a solid Magazine squad. They are better than Hackett and Hartford, but if Westside plays like they did against Hackett, they'll have a chance.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Almatrackster on January 15, 2016, 08:45:09 am
For the girls, Magazine doesn't look to be as good as Hackett on paper, but it will still be a tough test against probably the 3rd best team in the conference on the road. Can't come out like we did against Hackett on the road. Comebacks are always tougher away from home.

The boys will have to play well against a solid Magazine squad. They are better than Hackett and Hartford, but if Westside plays like they did against Hackett, they'll have a chance.

That was a bad game against Hackett? Jeez. That kid hit 3's all over I thought they played great lol

AT

Quote from: Hornet4ever on January 15, 2016, 12:04:30 pm

That was a bad game against Hackett? Jeez. That kid hit 3's all over I thought they played great lol

She does that regularly. She's one of the better women high school 3 point shooters I have ever seen. She can go nuts from behind the 3 point line. She was absolutely cold the first half, though.

AT

Girls

Johnson County Westside - 56
Magazine - 22

FINAL

Girls are now (16-2) (7-0)

AT

Boys

Magazine - 62
Johnson County Westside - 43

FINAL

Boys are now (3-10) (2-5)

AT

Next week is a 3 game week for the senior high teams.

On Tuesday both teams take on Eureka Springs on the road.

On Thursday, the teams travel to England for a non conference matchup. The girls' game will be the ADG's number 1 and number 2 teams facing off.

On Friday, the Rebels and Lady Rebels host Decatur for a conference matchup.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Almatrackster on January 15, 2016, 07:10:23 pm

She does that regularly. She's one of the better women high school 3 point shooters I have ever seen. She can go nuts from behind the 3 point line. She was absolutely cold the first half, though.

Alma, I was actually referring to the boys. Not the girls, lol.

AT

Quote from: Hornet4ever on January 16, 2016, 01:47:35 am
Quote from: Almatrackster on January 15, 2016, 07:10:23 pm

Alma, I was actually referring to the boys. Not the girls, lol.

Oh I don't think I said that the boys had a bad game against Hackett. The boys played quite well.

AT

Tonight's Eureka Springs vs. Johnson County Westside game has been postponed to Monday, January 25th.

BigLion10

Must be needing some extra practice for Thursday nights game 😬

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BigLion10 on January 19, 2016, 03:23:07 pm
Must be needing some extra practice for Thursday nights game 😬

I know your joking, but eureka springs is in an awful location for this time of year

Basketballfan21

Predictions on this big game tomorrow?

BigLion10

Basketballfan21

England girls & JC west side ? Isn't that tomorrow ?

BigLion10

Bigditchlion

Think it may come down to if England is healthy. This is gonna be a great one though!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas