• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6-2A

Started by Ventman, September 02, 2015, 04:44:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ventman

Quote from: JJYahoo on September 10, 2015, 11:32:08 am
From what I have heard from various sources is that they have been coming in the morning at 6:45 and working hard!
I usually see the coach heading to the gym when I leave for work at 0550 every morning. Looking forward to watching our Lady Bison play! I think they are going to turn a few heads this year.

BigLion10

That's determination right there. I hate going to work that early much less practice lol

Ventman

Quote from: BigLion10 on September 14, 2015, 08:26:44 pm
That's determination right there. I hate going to work that early much less practice lol
I don't like that time of day unless it's some kind of a good hunt!

JJYahoo

Good for him!  too early for me!!

BigLion10

Yea I was always an afternoon practice kinda guy not early morning

Lions84

WOW it still Football Season. LOL

Cheek

Quote from: Lions84 on September 16, 2015, 11:57:35 am
WOW it still Football Season. LOL

Don't tell me you are already for basketball season.  Clarendon has a lot of good football players, and if they work on some mistakes, they could make the playoffs. 

MomaLion

They could squeak in Cheek if they plug the holes...they could surprise a few folks  ;D...but you know we always look forward to basketball season lol.

Cheek

Quote from: MomaLion on September 16, 2015, 11:55:38 pm
They could squeak in Cheek if they plug the holes...they could surprise a few folks  ;D...but you know we always look forward to basketball season lol.

Not like last year.  Clarendon girls should be improved, but the boys will have to re-load.  It  will be hard to replace the class that graduated.

jbtiger73

Clarendon got a pretty good transfer in from Louisiana that got some skills. He's not Ro or anything but I seen him play this summer, and he'll definitely be a welcome addition. Plus, Brinkley got a 6'4 , 215 lbs. Transfer in from Jonesboro. A junior. He's my classmate's son. The clarendon transfer is about 6'2 maybe.

Cheek

Quote from: jbtiger73 on September 17, 2015, 08:22:23 am
Clarendon got a pretty good transfer in from Louisiana that got some skills. He's not Ro or anything but I seen him play this summer, and he'll definitely be a welcome addition. Plus, Brinkley got a 6'4 , 215 lbs. Transfer in from Jonesboro. A junior. He's my classmate's son. The clarendon transfer is about 6'2 maybe.

Brinkley can make a big run this year.  They return all but one of their starters, and he will be easy to replace.  I thought the kid that came off the bench was better anyway due to his defense and ability to score.   If this 6'4 kid has any skills, he can give the post players a breather.   I thought Brinkley had a really good team last year, but did not agree how the Coach used Greene.  I thought Greene was better playing on the block as a 3 instead of playing out front and driving the basket.  Greene would score at time, but would often show signs of fatigue,  and would get in foul trouble. 

Lions84

No I not ready for any Basketball talk.  I ready for the Lions to win some Football games.

jbtiger73

Cheek, actually the crazy part to all of that is all last season up until the tournament, he played down low. Then all of a sudden, he was jacking 3's during regionals and against JC at state. He sais coach wanted to spread the floor out against them. But Greene is not a great option as a shooter on the perimeter. Especially when it comes to rebounds. I still don't understand that cheek.

MomaLion

Quote from: Cheek on September 17, 2015, 06:24:02 am
Quote from: MomaLion on September 16, 2015, 11:55:38 pm

Not like last year.  Clarendon girls should be improved, but the boys will have to re-load.  It  will be hard to replace the class that graduated.
Yes, we have big shoes to fill but we still have tons of talent...it won't be a cakewalk by any means, but they still make state.

JJYahoo

Most of the girls teams will be getting started in about 5 weeks.  How is everybody looking so far?  It is almost time for some basketball.

JJYahoo

Really quiet in here..........

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: JJYahoo on October 12, 2015, 12:48:29 pm
Really quiet in here..........

Uhhhhhh, it's just about time for the real football season

JJYahoo

You are right about that but basketball season for girls is about to start up.

Tigerpride37

Can't wait !!  I think 6 AA  will be tough to beat

BigLion10

I'll take Carlisle  on the girls side

BrianfromCarlisle

I'll take Carlisle as well, but there will be competition.  Which is a good thing. Will be better prepared for postseason.

Bildo

Carlisle girls will be much improved and not as one dimensional as everyone may think. They are bringing back everyone. With the added talent that moved up, they will be hard pressed not to repeat as conference champs. Confidence, maturity and staying healthy are the keys to their success. There are good teams in the conference, no doubt. But I will take the Lady Bison night in and night out.

BrianfromCarlisle

I like the fact that games won't be over at half.  Playing tougher conference games will prepare the girls for the postseason for sure.

Tigerpride37

October 14, 2015, 07:07:02 pm #73 Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 07:09:27 pm by Tigerpride37
With the boys I'm going with the home town for conference champ. With the girls carlisle.maybe clarendon.

BigLion10

Brinkley should be tough to beat this year in boys

jbtiger73

Between Brinkley, clarendon, and Augusta. Maybe even Kipp, should be a very top heavy league. Brinkley and Augusta's length and size, and clarendon's speed and quickness should make for some great battles. Clarendon did lose some valuable leadership in Knox ,Lowery and Tyler.  Who are all playing some type of college ball right now. Don't care what anyone says, that's hard to replace and overcome when in a pressure situation. Which they'll be in a few times this year in conference.

JJYahoo

Are the Carlisle girls still coming in at like 6:30 in the morning?

BrianfromCarlisle

Carlisle boys will make some noise. The new coach is getting this team ready to compete.  I look for them to make regionals this year.

brock

It wasnt long ago that this conference was loaded. A few years back I think it sent all 4 boys team to state and 3 of the 4 girls team with the other girls team England during their back to back title run.

Bildo

Yup JJ. The Lady Bison come in at 6:45 every morning. Coach lets them sleep in on Fridays until 7:15 practice. Doing what they can to get better. Gotta like that!

Tigerpride37

Where are the district  and regional held this year .

Tigerpride37

Where are the district  and regional held this year .

BrianfromCarlisle

PW is district. Regional and State will be determined later

jbtiger73

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on October 15, 2015, 04:15:03 pm
Carlisle boys will make some noise. The new coach is getting this team ready to compete.  I look for them to make regionals this year.
It's going to be tough though Brian. Maybe as a 4 depending on how kipp looks this year. They're constantly getting those Helena-West Helena kids every year. due to their better academic standards. But if this coach is as dedicated as you say he is, then maybe so. I know there's no question about y'alls girl's team though

BrianfromCarlisle

He's dedicated for sure.  And no doubt it'll be tough, but Lowery is going to be a great asset for the boys now and going forward.  I look for the jr. high to have a great year.

MomaLion

Quote from: jbtiger73 on October 15, 2015, 09:23:34 am
Between Brinkley, clarendon, and Augusta. Maybe even Kipp, should be a very top heavy league. Brinkley and Augusta's length and size, and clarendon's speed and quickness should make for some great battles. Clarendon did lose some valuable leadership in Knox ,Lowery and Tyler.  Who are all playing some type of college ball right now. Don't care what anyone says, that's hard to replace and overcome when in a pressure situation. Which they'll be in a few times this year in conference.
That's why Coach used last year to prep the younger players in almost every game. They will be ready.

jbtiger73

Hey moma, definitely understand. But you cant coach the leadership that a team loses from year to year. It has to be developed overtime. Maybe earlier in the season, they may take lumps. But its all about how certain individuals can take charge and put the team on their back(s). And carry them through the season. Can someone on that team do that, yes. But will they? Who knows. Its on the kids at the end of the day. They'll definitely be talented and quick regardless. It'll be a dog fight between Brinkley, clarendon, and Augusta for first.

MomaLion

Very true.  We do have some leaders and some very talented younger ones coming up so it'll be fine...not an undefeated regular season which is perfectly fine...i'd rather them take their lumps early and be ready for playoffs.  It'll be a fun season.

purplehajj

Who am I going to see through it down this year? This is why I liked Clarendon so much last year nothing like a dunk fest

MomaLion

Probably Jr and Jama on Sr high..not sure about the move in. Ro's nephew Malik will have it on Jr high and J'tiya on Sr girls. It's a whole new dynamic this year so it'll be fun to see who steps up.

Ventman

When does everyone start playing?

BigLion10

We start play in the robinson tournament the week of the 16th

MomaLion

We have our opening game on the 20th against Riverview.

jbtiger73

We play Harding Academy on the 16th I believe

Bildo

Carlisle plays Lonoke on the 17th

Ventman

I figured there would be some games before this, I'm bout ready for a little round ball action.

Lions84

Go Clarendon Basketball.

Oldref

Quote from: jbtiger73 on October 15, 2015, 09:23:34 am
Kipp opened their season last night at  home against Bay. Was told Kipp had a lot of  new players and a new coach this year. They have really good size and are quick but didn't shoot it very well. Bay led by double figures whole game after getting off to a ten point lead in first quarter. Kipp was down 31 going into the 4th quarter. Lost by 29.   

JJYahoo

I say that the Carlisle Lady Bison open the season with a win vs. Lonoke. 

Bildo

I hope you're right! It will be tough. Carlisle got into some early foul trouble last year and got behind too much too early. I think we have matured some since then.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas