• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A State Playoffs

Started by speedster, October 14, 2008, 08:55:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

speedster

Mena is going to make a great run in this years tournament.  It was upsetting losing in the semis last year but I think we have better athletes than Valley View or Westside.  Who will be some other competitive teams in it this year?

Valleysports

I'm still Awestruck by that #12 from West Side! Mena might have a better overall athletic team but my gosh! 

speedster

have you checked out Mena's #12 also...

Valleysports

October 15, 2008, 10:16:12 pm #3 Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 12:08:54 am by Valleysports
Have you checked out West Sides #12?  I've seen Greenwood, Bentonville, Fayetteville, Southside, and a few more teams this year.  Ain't seen anyone like her! This Jr is being recruited hard by DI schools.  She was on her way to Missouri, right after last Sat's Tourn..

I'm planning on going to Conway to see the Finals on Nov 1.  Maybe we'll see #12 vs #12.  Valley View wasn't the team Westside was.

speedster

That would  be nice, you will be impressed with her as I will with westsides #12

momof15

October 18, 2008, 07:36:28 pm #5 Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 12:13:35 pm by momof15
Her name is Molly Arnold -Remember it, you will hear it again ! She is one of the few if not the only "Elite" volleyball players in the state. And a sweetheart of a person as well !

speedster

Is Valley View better than last year and what position does that #12 play?

dime back

VV is not as good as they have been in the past. But good old Marge will have them ready for post season. Do not think they are down for long though their junior high team has dominated the last two years

speedster

Does anybody have a bracket for the tournament?

momof15

Go back to the first page and the top post or second post has the brackets in it .

Valleysports

speedster we won't be seeing Westside / Mena in the State Finals. 
If both win through, it'll be at 1:00 pm Thurs.
Don't know what position #12 plays, all I know is she kills it from the front, back, serving - - -.

JacketPride17

speedster

It'll be like the fight off of never back down... the championship match might not be as high a caliber.  But who knows... who is Clinton and what seed?

JacketPride17

Quote from: speedster on October 25, 2008, 07:57:14 pm
It'll be like the fight off of never back down... the championship match might not be as high a caliber.  But who knows... who is Clinton and what seed?

#2 seed i guess we play west fork... does ne one know ne thing bout them... are they a big threat?

speedster

Idk prob not if your a two seed.  They are probably a typical three seed that should be put out first round.  But I wouldn't go into the game thinking that cause it might come back to get you

JacketPride17

Quote from: speedster on October 26, 2008, 08:09:34 pm
Idk prob not if your a two seed.  They are probably a typical three seed that should be put out first round.  But I wouldn't go into the game thinking that cause it might come back to get you

yah i c wat ur sayin... ive jus never heard of em and im tryin to support all our jackets.

speedster

i haven't heard anything either

JacketPride17

no one reports on v-ball at all...

speedster

No not really, it will pick up during the tourney. 

s-dalebulldogs86

Keep thinking WF is a 3 seed doormat, we were co-conference champs.

s-dalebulldogs86

I did forget to mention that Shiloh forfieted 10 games which helped us get that Championship, but when we play as a team we can play with just about anyone.

speedster

LOL not trying to rain on your parade but co-conference champs do to a team forfieting 10 games isn't to much to brag on.  I don't think Clinton will have to bother to much.  I would say you couldn't hang with Mena, Waldron, VV, or Westside... but thats just me. 

dime back

I have to admit I am not a close following of volleyball, but I just looked at the bracket and I will be shocked, if it is not, but it looks like to me that it will be VV and Westside again for the championship. I thought VV could be beat this year but they got the easy bracket. Westside has the best player in the state for the second year in a row and she will carry the Warriors to the championship.

Valleysports

Can't believe they scheduled the Finals on opening day of the 2 day Youth Hunt!  ::) 

s-dalebulldogs86

Did you see me post one word about Mena or Waldron, NO I was talking about the game at hand, I'm a realist not an Idiot. I know, as does our team that IF we make it past Clinton it gets Really tough..

speedster

Well I implied that you could when you said you could hang with any team.  How ironic, if yall win you will play Mena in the second round.... supposing we won't lose out to southside.  Yeah i can see what you mean dime back.  Mena was hoping to reach the finals this year but got stuck with westside.  That isn't any fun.

speedster

Looks like WF was a threat to Clinton... now they get to play Mena  :)  any other updates?

menafbplayer

mena dominated game one and i ee it happening the same way tommorrow!!! ;D

BB9

Shiloh won their first match on Monday.

Keep an eye on number 33.

speedster

will do... all I know so far is westside beat arkadelphia.  what about the waldron game?

thebigsportsfan

Mena, Westside, and Valley View all advance with relative ease, all in straight sets

speedster

It was a good run for Mena.  Unfortunately it came to and end in three tight games with westside.  I'm rooting for valley view over waldron.  let me know how it goes.  By the way #12 is very very good.

menafbplayer

Quote from: speedster on October 30, 2008, 02:36:36 pm
It was a good run for Mena.  Unfortunately it came to and end in three tight games with westside. 
i am extremely proud of the girls...they are winners in my book!!

momof15

Valley View wins against Waldron in 3. One close,one semi close and one not so much.
On to Conway for yet another match up with Westside!

GO LADY BLAZERS !!!!!!

speedster

Good job, i just wish Mena could have  been on that side lol.  Waldron was a good team and putting them out like that takes talent.  It took Mena a little bit to beat them in district. 

dime back

Can anyone answer this question? Outside of losing to each other when was the last time Valley View or Westside lost a game in state tournamet play? Not a match but a single game.

Valleysports

I don't think Westside and Valleyview will have a close match, like Mena and Westside.  Just going by the 1 tournament, when we lost to Westside, but easily beat Valleyview.

Truth101

November 02, 2008, 10:02:26 am #37 Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 03:23:33 pm by Truth101
Valley View takes state for the 5th time in 6 years.

http://jonesborosun.com/archived_story.php?ID=35490

speedster

That completely shocked me... what happened?

hs_vball

Quote from: speedster on November 03, 2008, 01:09:18 pm
That completely shocked me... what happened?

VV played phenomenal defense, coupled with a strong transition to attack.  Westside inexplicably stopped setting Mollie Arnold late in set 5.  And, in my opinion, it was closer than it should have been when you consider that the Lady Blazers missed a TON of serves and were on the wrong end of some bad officiating. 

Valley View definitely earned it, though, and for entertainment value, I have to wonder if an over-all better high school volleyball match has ever been played.   Two GREAT teams leaving it all on the court for the championship.  Simply fantastic.

speedster

well here is a late congrats to VV and a great job by Mena, next year will be tough but we have the tools to do it.

dime back

Quote from: speedster on November 18, 2008, 09:39:59 pm
well here is a late congrats to VV and a great job by Mena, next year will be tough but we have the tools to do it.
VV has an undefeated junior high team coming and Westside still has Mollie Arnold, so things will not change for a long time.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas