• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Breaking News! They say Earle must play for the 8A Title Saturday

Started by Pit Bull, March 10, 2017, 12:06:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pit Bull

They say

Way to Go Bulldogs!

Number 9 Boys Championship is Sweet

Dogg

Missco

No doubt. They will be the heavy favorite next season. Arkansas has way to many classes though. This season Earle is better than any A,AA,or AAA team. Right now they might be better than any AAAA school except maybe B Prep.

NEark tigers

bdubyab60

Gray lizard

I watched the game last night.  I feel they could compete with any team in Arkansas regardless of classification.

STUNNA

Quote from: Gray lizard on March 10, 2017, 08:03:16 am
I watched the game last night.  I feel they could compete with any team in Arkansas regardless of classification.

compete.. but i think their are plenty they would get hammered by

NEark tigers

Quote from: STUNNA on March 10, 2017, 08:19:55 am
compete.. but i think their are plenty they would get hammered by
enlighten the masses, who would "hammer" us?

Pit Bull

And this is why we no longer have a State Overall Championship...

Gray lizard

Quote from: Pit Bull on March 10, 2017, 10:49:34 am
And this is why we no longer have a State Overall Championship...
Yes but it can be fun to watch David sling that stone.

JimmyChitwood

I think Earle could definitely compete with the bigger schools. I think the 6A and 7A teams are overrated honestly.

dentist15

Quote from: NEark tigers on March 10, 2017, 10:08:09 am
enlighten the masses, who would "hammer" us?

With as good of athletes, who are also good basketball players, plus an excellent coach, it's hard to see Earle ever getting hammered by any team in AR, regardless of classification. That said, I'd say a decent number of the better teams in the larger classifications would probably win comfortably 8-9 times out of 10 against the Bulldogs. FS Northside, NLR, Jonesboro, LR Hall, Mills, Parkview, Nettleton, maybe a few others. I feel those teams are a tier above Earle (talent-wise), the same way Earle is a tier above essentially every team 1A-3A. But I'd never count them out of a game against any team.

Just my .02 from watching Earle in state tournaments and state championships since the Aramie Brooks days....

Pit Bull

Aramie was a late bloomer pre-dates the K9 Kennel BBall Preparation Camps and He turned out good but if we would have got to train him up early he would have went D1. If I tell you this season is a down Year for the Dogpound you all probability wouldn't believe it, but we will be loaded for at least the next 6 years from the latest Kennel Talent Analysis Report, the Twin Towers (6'3) in the 7th grade and some dynamo guard play... We are deep...

dentist15

In the few games I got to see them this year, they had some stretches where they definitely looked "young", but those stretches were usually followed by big runs. Definitely a good season to have a "down" year, at least in 2A. Though it's also hard to say "down" when you win every State Tournament game by 19 or more....

As for the future, no reason not to believe ya. Northeast AR in general, and Earle in particular, just produce good basketball players

STUNNA

Quote from: dentist15 on March 10, 2017, 11:05:54 am
With as good of athletes, who are also good basketball players, plus an excellent coach, it's hard to see Earle ever getting hammered by any team in AR, regardless of classification. That said, I'd say a decent number of the better teams in the larger classifications would probably win comfortably 8-9 times out of 10 against the Bulldogs. FS Northside, NLR, Jonesboro, LR Hall, Mills, Parkview, Nettleton, maybe a few others. I feel those teams are a tier above Earle (talent-wise), the same way Earle is a tier above essentially every team 1A-3A. But I'd never count them out of a game against any team.

Just my .02 from watching Earle in state tournaments and state championships since the Aramie Brooks days....

This.. not a knock on Earle at all as they have a very good team and program.

BoxNOne

Just looking at the two state final games, Jonesboro would pound Earle. However, Jonesboro would pound lots of teams.

Pit Bull

JB is tough no doubt especially with the African Post recruit, "how do you get those anyway?" Might not win but getting pounded doesn't happen to the E...

bdubyab60

Jonesboro is like 25th in the nation. Basketball is a sport though where you can have special players to overcome the numbers and size of bigger schools. While I do think Earle could hang with anyone on a single night. I don't think they would win 5A and above tourney.

I have however seen teams that can do that and did be those schools in a consistent basis through a single season. Those teams didn't lose to anyone in their classification. Now two more years and we may can talk about this Earle team like those teams.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Pit Bull on March 10, 2017, 06:08:04 pm
JB is tough no doubt especially with the African Post recruit, "how do you get those anyway?" Might not win but getting pounded doesn't happen to the E...
Jtown is a different animal this year. I'd spot you 20 every time they played, only way it's not that much is if Jtown pulled the starters.

BoxNOne

Quote from: bdubyab60 on March 10, 2017, 06:08:48 pm
Jonesboro is like 25th in the nation. Basketball is a sport though where you can have special players to overcome the numbers and size of bigger schools. While I do think Earle could hang with anyone on a single night. I don't think they would win 5A and above tourney.

I have however seen teams that can do that and did be those schools in a consistent basis through a single season. Those teams didn't lose to anyone in their classification. Now two more years and we may can talk about this Earle team like those teams.

5A Little Rock Mills and LR Parkview were both really good!

Pit Bull

Quote from: bdubyab60 on March 10, 2017, 06:11:29 pm
Jtown is a different animal this year. I'd spot you 20 every time they played, only way it's not that much is if Jtown pulled the starters.

Well the only true data point that I can go on is West Memphis whom took JB to the wire this year that I do believe has improved in 2017 but was dominated by Earle last season in the Marion Classic. This is why I say a 20 point spot would put your bread in my pocket. Listen, there is a specific reason why Earle never gets a invite to the Hurricane Classic, "Why," we are deadly brother...

Head Lion

We are looking at a classic next year where we bring in 2 top tier teams & play Friday & Saturday. I would love to see Earle, our old rival, be the other team to face off with those 2 teams. Looking to have a couple of nights of great hoops.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Pit Bull on March 10, 2017, 08:16:03 pm
Well the only true data point that I can go on is West Memphis whom took JB to the wire this year that I do believe has improved in 2017 but was dominated by Earle last season in the Marion Classic. This is why I say a 20 point spot would put your bread in my pocket. Listen, there is a specific reason why Earle never gets a invite to the Hurricane Classic, "Why," we are deadly brother...
And you know you can't take a one game snap shot either. And plenty of small schools play in that classic. EPC has even played in it. Think we have even won it a time or two. They are scared to play anyone there at JHS. If they are willing to play nationally ranked teams there and away they aren't scared of Earle.

Plus you are comparing two different years. I also think Jonesboro had some players missing for a few games this year as well

ISU7

ISU7

Quote from: dentist15 on March 10, 2017, 12:10:14 pm
In the few games I got to see them this year, they had some stretches where they definitely looked "young", but those stretches were usually followed by big runs. Definitely a good season to have a "down" year, at least in 2A. Though it's also hard to say "down" when you win every State Tournament game by 19 or more....

As for the future, no reason not to believe ya. Northeast AR in general, and Earle in particular, just produce good basketball players
Exactly Now my question is what happens to all those studs after high school. ?

Lrbasketballguru

As an admitted homer, I do feel like Earle and Episcopal are on equal terms in regards to talent and current programs in the 1-3a. Played a very close game in Harrison, before either team had really hit their stride. Earle beaten us 3 straight times but before that we beat them back to back. However, ECS needs to win their game for this to hold any water at all! Earle's program is phenomenal. Only programs as historically rich as theirs are PV and Hall

Dogg

If I'm not mistaken neither Bohannon, Ciscero or Johnson played when Earle and ECS played in that tournament over the break

Pit Bull

ISU7, that is a social economic problem for the entire delta, not just Earle. I'm sure you can find some of those stud football players from the patch have fell short of expectations if you look into the mirror for a second. We are working hard to combat this concern in Earle though, 3 seniors have offers and the school recently announced that $300,000 in scholarships will be accessible to the 2017 Class.

Pit Bull

Quote from: bdubyab60 on March 10, 2017, 08:56:15 pm
And you know you can't take a one game snap shot either. And plenty of small schools play in that classic. EPC has even played in it. Think we have even won it a time or two. They are scared to play anyone there at JHS. If they are willing to play nationally ranked teams there and away they aren't scared of Earle.

Plus you are comparing two different years. I also think Jonesboro had some players missing for a few games this year as well

They don't invite us.

Never said that we would beat JB, but getting pounded year in and year out I disagree with...

Lrbasketballguru

Quote from: Dogg on March 10, 2017, 10:05:03 pm
If I'm not mistaken neither Bohannon, Ciscero or Johnson played when Earle and ECS played in that tournament over the break
They all did actually

Mr. Trill

I wish Earle could play the best teams in the top classes.

Dogg

NEark tigers

ricepig

Quote from: Pit Bull on March 10, 2017, 08:16:03 pm

Earle has been in the Hurricane Classic, numerous times, so that won't hold water. Also, last season, lol, try to stick to this season's teams. Jonesboro beat this year's WM team by 33, 16, and 3 points. Speaking of last year's team, the beat them by 32 and 30, not that that has any bearing on this season.

Lrbasketballguru

March 11, 2017, 12:25:29 pm #34 Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 12:28:07 pm by Lrbasketballguru
Sorry that's my bad. Wasn't trying to be standoffish. Earle may very well be better than ECS this year. I am glad they are in 2a

Pit Bull

Ok, this topic was designed for humor because of Earle's margin of victory during the 2A State tournament so some of you guys just relax. JB is respected in my bookfor their historical season. Good job Bulldogs and I know we will be stronger next season.

ricepig

Earle's always got great athletes and very good teams, I just hope you don't have to consolidate with Marion or WM in the future, keep those guys down in 3A.   ;D

NEark tigers

Quote from: ricepig on March 11, 2017, 02:45:48 pm
Earle's always got great athletes and very good teams, I just hope you don't have to consolidate with Marion or WM in the future, keep those guys down in 3A.   ;D
We have plenty of numbers, around 500-600 from K-12...good for a 2A school

ISU7

Quote from: Pit Bull on March 10, 2017, 10:38:15 pm
ISU7, that is a social economic problem for the entire delta, not just Earle. I'm sure you can find some of those stud football players from the patch have fell short of expectations if you look into the mirror for a second. We are working hard to combat this concern in Earle though, 3 seniors have offers and the school recently announced that $300,000 in scholarships will be accessible to the 2017 Class.
No harm meant Pit I was just asking because I know several athletes from Earl were good enough for college ball in 🏈🏀 I wish the Doggs nothing but the best. Hang in there bro.
God bless ✌

dentist15

Quote from: ISU7 on March 10, 2017, 09:02:01 pm
Exactly Now my question is what happens to all those studs after high school. ?

It's a good  question. But making it to the next level requires a lot more than just talent/skill/ability. A few possible reasons could include:
Gotta have academics in order (not saying any good player that doesn't make it to college ball is unintelligent, it's more likely that they just didn't focus enough on academics in high school to be in a good position), and money is also a big issue as 1) full-ride's are definitely not the norm so the player usually has to find a way to pay a good portion of their own education for at least a season or two, 2) sometimes the schools that the player receives interest/offers are a distance away and that requires relocation costs in addition to paying for part of their education.

Also, there's a good number that get started at the next level but realize that it's much more like a job at the next level (irregardless of their love of the game, sometimes it's not enough). It can just lose it's fun when you are no longer playing with the guys (or girls) you grew up with. And in these cases, they sometimes never make it through one season at the next level.

redrider30

Hey Earle just a thought. If you really want to challenge larger schools just petition the AAA to move up in class. They will probably approve it and none of the 2A schools would object.

Pit Bull

Good assessment and there are so many other factors that are in play with these kids in the Delta that really until there is a complete shift in the culture, social economics and reestablishment family of the family structure, some of these talented kids will continue to fall between the cracks. Then there will also be a few that make it out of it and rise. What I do know is that there are a lot of talented kids in every town in this Delta that could be somewhere playing ball if their full potential was maximized towards the positive.

dentist15

Quote from: Pit Bull on March 13, 2017, 09:39:43 am
Good assessment and there are so many other factors that are in play with these kids in the Delta that really until there is a complete shift in the culture, social economics and reestablishment family of the family structure, some of these talented kids will continue to fall between the cracks. Then there will also be a few that make it out of it and rise. What I do know is that there are a lot of talented kids in every town in this Delta that could be somewhere playing ball if their full potential was maximized towards the positive.

Very true. It's even true of many of the teams I see here in my neck of the woods (NWA and River Valley)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas