• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

<<<< No Longer With Us 2017>>>>

Started by Brian G, December 31, 2016, 09:08:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RATTLER43

Biggest impact ever on all things Razorback.  Like him or not; agree with him or not; he did more to keep us up to snuff at the national level in facilities, in our football program (at least until Ken Hatfield left), in our overall athletic department.   Great in football as one of the 15 greatest programs until 1990, a great basketball program until 2000 or so (until Nolan got fired up), the premier track and field/cross country combo program ever; an awesome baseball program, and many other fantastic programs even though we have a sparsely populated state and are kind of in the middle of nowhere.  I truly respect what he accomplished.  Condolences to the family.

Lumberjackfan1978

I definitely respect what he did for Arkansas.He did more for Arkansas not only sports but the whole university and the state.He was truly one of a kind.

WPWells

Coach Broyles did amazing things for the University of Arkansas and the state. He was also a longtime member of Central UMC, and he was present in the service when I preached on college Sunday in April.

bleudog

BigLion10

Iconic Comedian Jerry Lewis dead at 91

bleudog

Lions84

Former Hog Kerry Owens passed away in Denver CO over the Weekend.

bleudog

HorseFeathers

Bill Reed former 3x state championship winning coach of Jacksonville and Father of El Dorado Coach Scott Reed passed this morning. He was 79
http://m.arkansasonline.com/news/2017/aug/30/former-central-arkansas-high-school-former-coach-w/

1-Adam-12

bleudog

Lions84

bleudog

Brian G

Saw Don twice.  Great music when it was so basically performed.

bleudog

bleudog

bleudog

Lions84

Prayers sent the Brain was something else.

bleudog

Maynard G Krebs

bleudog

BigLion10

RIP Hugh I'll take your mansion lol

Brian G

Brian G

beach bum

Quote from: B.G. on October 02, 2017, 07:39:45 pm
Tom Petty (it appears)

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/lapd-clarifies-cannot-confirm-tom-petty-death/

Saw him twice in concert.  Unreplaceable.

There have been conflicting reports that he may be clinging to life on life support currently figuring out if they can save him.... I have no idea what is going on.

Longfellow

Quote from: B.G. on October 02, 2017, 07:39:45 pm
Tom Petty (it appears)

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/lapd-clarifies-cannot-confirm-tom-petty-death/

Saw him twice in concert.  Unreplaceable.
Just saw him live in April. That was the best show I've ever seen and definitely a night I'll never forget

sevenof400

Tom Petty's passing has been confirmed.

bleudog

bleudog

bleudog

Lions84

YA Tittle was a legend before most of our  time. But he was a great football player.

bleudog

bleudog

Lions84

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on October 25, 2017, 10:50:21 am
Ain't that a shame

Well he got his Trill on Blueberry Hill.  RIP to a Rock Founding Father.

HorseFeathers

Roy Halladay, former major league pitcher, and cy young award winner, died in a plane crash today
He was 40 years old..

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 07, 2017, 04:16:10 pm
Roy Halladay, former major league pitcher, and cy young award winner, died in a plane crash today
He was 40 years old..

That is just sad.... On social media people that followed him said that's all he could talk about lately was how proud he was to recently get that plane and his license to fly..... It sounded like he was loving life even after retirement.... Rest in peace Roy!

nastynice

One of the very few pitchers I could sit down and watch every single pitch of a game. Sucks.

Lions84

Quote from: beach bum on November 07, 2017, 06:31:18 pm
That is just sad.... On social media people that followed him said that's all he could talk about lately was how proud he was to recently get that plane and his license to fly..... It sounded like he was loving life even after retirement.... Rest in peace Roy!

That boy could throw it. Horrible way to go . Prayers sent.

bleudog

Longfellow

Quote from: bleudog on November 18, 2017, 11:02:44 am
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/malcolm-young-acdc-guitarist-and-co-founder-dead-at-64-w512164
One thing I've always found interesting about Malcom is that so many people say that, as a rhythm guitarist, his style was one of the hardest to emulate

bleudog

bleudog

BigLion10

Actress Della Reese known for her role in Touched by an Angel dead at 86

BigLion10

Former NFL WR Terry Glenn dead at 43

bleudog

bleudog

bleudog

Lions84

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas