• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A scores.

Started by Proud Buckaroo, March 13, 2016, 06:37:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Proud Buckaroo

Proud Buckaroo

3/3--- Smackover 12. Magnolia 13.

Proud Buckaroo

3/5--- Smackover 11. Junction City 2.

Proud Buckaroo

3/7--- Smackover 4. Crossett 15.

hogsnout

3/14   Two Rivers 10 Danville 0

XFalkonz

Genoa Central 11
Murphreesboro 0

Statkeeper

3/14
Atkins 4
Charleston 0

hogsnout

3/15 Mt Ida 3 Two Rivers 2

1-Adam-12

3/15 Mena beats Booneville 7-1. 

BHS had their chances.  Let it get away late.

Off now till after spring break.

Proud Buckaroo

3/14-- Smackover 4. Parkers chapel 9.

3/15-- Smackover 15. Taylor 7.

Smackover (4-5)

NEASPORTSFAN

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on March 15, 2016, 08:34:43 pm
3/15 Mena beats Booneville 7-1. 

BHS had their chances.  Let it get away late.

Off now till after spring break.
No games for 2 weeks? Wow

LowerAR

Quote from: phstiger on March 16, 2016, 10:37:24 am
Not exactly sure why that is. Baseball plays during spring break. Football plays and practices though Thanksgiving. I guess girls don't loose anything while working on their tans, and it must be a lot better for their grades to play games during the middle of the week so they have to do any homework on the bus and get home real late and get up and go to school the next morning. I not sure where peoples heads are, but I have a good idea.   

1-Adam-12

Quote from: phstiger on March 16, 2016, 10:37:24 am

We had a game scheduled at Two Rivers on Thursday but it turned out they had parent teacher conferences that day, so it was rescheduled. 

We'll be making up a lot of games in April.  I know in addition to Two Rivers we've had to reschedule Lamar, Ozark, Danville and Dardanelle.

NEASPORTSFAN

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on March 16, 2016, 04:31:16 pm
We had a game scheduled at Two Rivers on Thursday but it turned out they had parent teacher conferences that day, so it was rescheduled. 

We'll be making up a lot of games in April.  I know in addition to Two Rivers we've had to reschedule Lamar, Ozark, Danville and Dardanelle.
Ouch.

Statkeeper

3 Dollar

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on March 16, 2016, 04:31:16 pm

Tell it all 1A12.  The game with Two Rivers originally scheduled for Thursday, 3-17 got moved to Friday, 3-18 because of parent-teacher conferences @ Two Rivers.  Now moved to Tuesday, 4-12 due to Booneville having cheerleading tryouts on Friday.

1-Adam-12

I stand corrected.  Thanks.

Makes sense.  Our shortstop was one of those that was trying out.  (And made it.)   8)

Proud Buckaroo

Smackover defeated junction city in double header.

12-2 in game one.
17-2 in game two.

Proud Buckaroo

Smackover falls to rison. 8-4.

jr17

Mayflower (10-1) only loss coming to Booneville, who they turned around and beat twice in a row, could be making some noise this year

dc3

Quote from: LowerAR on March 16, 2016, 02:58:02 pm
Not exactly sure why that is. Baseball plays during spring break. Football plays and practices though Thanksgiving. I guess girls don't loose anything while working on their tans, and it must be a lot better for their grades to play games during the middle of the week so they have to do any homework on the bus and get home real late and get up and go to school the next morning. I not sure where peoples heads are, but I have a good idea.

It depends on the situation. Such as how many kids you have on the team. If you have a 9-15 kid roster, you're going to have to take into consideration how many of them will be out of town. A lot of people plan trips during spring break. And you can't FORCE kids to stay in town. The best you can do is tell them you are having games early and ask them to prepare and if their parents respect that then it's great. If  not, you lose a bunch of kids. This year, Easter also fell on the last weekend of spring break, which leads to an additional number of people being out of town.

LowerAR

Quote from: dc3 on March 30, 2016, 03:12:25 pm
It depends on the situation. Such as how many kids you have on the team. If you have a 9-15 kid roster, you're going to have to take into consideration how many of them will be out of town. A lot of people plan trips during spring break. And you can't FORCE kids to stay in town. The best you can do is tell them you are having games early and ask them to prepare and if their parents respect that then it's great. If  not, you lose a bunch of kids. This year, Easter also fell on the last weekend of spring break, which leads to an additional number of people being out of town.
You're right of coarse. My family has known forever that my DD wanted to play college ball; we accepted that to be that good would take sacrifice. Most high school players and their families don't have that kind of mind set. That is the problem with high school ball, when you play high level travel ball, every player and parent on the team knows what is accepted at least they are expected to, don't last long if they don't. But I still believe that a higher level of expectation from high school softball players would benefit the sport. I have watched El Dorado football practice through the week of Thanksgiving every year, even on Thanksgiving Day. Even kids who know that they will not play come and miss going to grandmas, because that is what is expected. I think that is a good thing to teach our children, in a world where no value is placed on sacrifice to others, I like it. I do understand why some teams didn't play or practice during spring break, but I didn't say I liked it. And that goes double for parents, since my DD will be playing in college next year and they don't take springbreak off. Oh yea, give me some more bad karma.               

ea cat

McGehee 2 Dumas 10. McGehee 2-3 on season 1-0 conference

CoachSB00

apologize to everyone for not putting this up after each game but here are the scores for Cossatot River:
3/7- Cossatot      - 4        3/31- Cossatot - 9
       Murfreesboro- 2                 Acorn     - 0
3/14- Cossatot-6              4/1 - Cossatot - 4
         Dierks   -0                       Genoa    - 2
3/28- Cossatot-17            4/4- Cossatot -   10
         Acorn     - 0                   Centerpoint-  1
3/29- Cossatot- 5
         Fouke    - 3

D-Mac: Hope 4 - Cossatot 2, Cossatot 7 - Mansfield 0, Ozark 4 - Cossatot 0

record: 8-2 , Conf. 3-0

Started good, lets hope it continues.  Go Lady Eagles!!!

Proud Buckaroo

Smackover 13. McGehee 3.

Smackover is 11-8. 3-0.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas