• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SILOAM SPRINGS

Started by Chadwick61, March 01, 2016, 11:26:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Chadwick61

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY SILOAM SOFTBALL HAS GONE SO FAR DOWNHILL
I SEEN THEM PLAY IN ROGERS LAST WEEK AND FEW TIMES LAST YEAR
A FEW PARENTS SAY COACH IS PROBLEM ANYONE OUT HERE KNOW MORE

500 hitter

I cant speak for Siloam but in softball when a group has success in say a 3 or 4 year span the group of parents get what it takes to be successful and the high school coaches are riding on their coat tails. For the programs that achieve success over a longer period of time the high school coach understands what it takes to win. Such as Greenwood in football, Bryant in baseball and Valley Springs in volleyball. I dont know if Siloam is down on talent or down on coaching. I can tell you that some parents blame not having success on the coach and its not the coaches fault. It takes both parents and coaching to get it done. Its called a team.

LowerAR

It takes the community. Fans, support, coaches, parents, they are all important. If nobody cares then the girls will only be slightly interested. El Dorado has a great football program because everybody cares. Boys grow up wanting to play for the wildcats, parents want their boys to play for El Dorado. It all feeds the program. It takes hard work to be a good softball player. Over the top desire. A player can be grown at home, and nourished on travel ball teams, but a team only comes from the community that feeds it.     

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas