• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tournaments

Started by jabberhog, February 22, 2016, 11:28:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jabberhog

Does anyone know yet who will be playing in the bigger tournaments around the state

Would like to go see some softball

LowerAR

The Drew Melton in Benton is 3/11-12/16 and should be loaded with the bigger schools. The Ladycat Classic in El Dorado is 3/4-5/16 and will have several good smaller southern schools entered. The D-Mac in Hope will be soon and should have some good ball teams.

WorkOrder

Teams playing in the D-Mac

Gold Bracket
Spring Hill
Mansfield
Hope
Cossatot River
Malvern
Avery, TX
Bald Knob
Ozark

Blue Bracket
Nashville
Poyen
Genoa Central
Magnolia
Foreman
Fouke
DeQueen
Southside

White Bracket
Camden
Dover
Rose Bud
Magnet Cove
Hooks
Dierks
Atkins
Bismarck

Red Bracket
Nevada
Prescott
Trinity
Murfreesboro
Bradley
Lafayette County

Sweet

Quote from: WorkOrder on February 24, 2016, 10:30:31 am

Gold Bracket
Spring Hill
Mansfield
Hope
Cossatot River
Malvern
Avery, TX
Bald Knob
Ozark

Blue Bracket
Nashville
Poyen
Genoa Central
Magnolia
Foreman
Fouke
DeQueen
Southside

White Bracket
Camden
Dover
Rose Bud
Magnet Cove
Hooks
Dierks
Atkins
Bismarck

Red Bracket
Nevada
Prescott
Trinity
Murfreesboro
Bradley
Lafayette County

Is this the way the brackets are made out?

3 Dollar

Quote from: WorkOrder on February 24, 2016, 10:30:31 am

Gold Bracket
Spring Hill
Mansfield
Hope
Cossatot River
Malvern
Avery, TX
Bald Knob
Ozark

Blue Bracket
Nashville
Poyen
Genoa Central
Magnolia
Foreman
Fouke
DeQueen
Southside

White Bracket
Camden
Dover
Rose Bud
Magnet Cove
Hooks
Dierks
Atkins
Bismarck

Red Bracket
Nevada
Prescott
Trinity
Murfreesboro
Bradley
Lafayette County

Projected Winners:

Gold Bracket = Bald Knob-will be tough to beat.  However, Spring Hill could possibly give them good competition
Blue Bracket = DeQueen-with a tough field of a couple of powerhouses in Nashville and Foreman
White Bracket = Rose Bud-will surprise folks with competition from Dierks and Camden Harmony Grove (I assume) and maybe a Dover or Magnet Cove team.  Definitely a bracket with a lot of parity.
Red Bracket = Bradley-I really know nothing about any of these teams.  Just know Bradley is normally pretty solid.

Eaglemaniac

Who all will be no El Dorado next weekend?

CHGHornets

Haven't seen a bracket for it yet. I hear it will be a really good tournament!

littlec2964

February 27, 2016, 05:20:10 pm #7 Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 07:55:52 pm by littlec2964
Quote from: Eaglemaniac on February 26, 2016, 02:55:22 pm
Who all will be no El Dorado next weekend?

Junction City
Eldorado
Hamburg
Star City
Genoa Central
Taylor
Harmony Grove
Monticello
Smackover
Parkers Chapel
Fordyce
DeWitt
Hermitage
Camden Fairview
Crossett

mlt

Any brackets for the Pangburn tournament?

CHGHornets

This is going to be a very good tournament. Anybody know anything about Taylor this year???

NEASPORTSFAN

Pangburn Tournament at Heber Springs

McCrory Bye, will play winner of

Pangburn vs. Palestine Wheatley

Magazine vs. Riverview

Prarie Grove vs. Quitman

Cave City vs. Des Arc

Midland vs. Prarie Grove JV

Concord vs. Walnut Ridge

Viola vs. Rison

Sweet

Sweet

Quote from: CHGHornets on February 28, 2016, 04:55:57 pm
This is going to be a very good tournament. Anybody know anything about Taylor this year???

They beat Hope 15 - 4

softballfan

Who is in the Van Buren tournament next weekend?

Maximus Decimus Meridius

March 28
Brookland is having a tourn upper and lower divisions
Red Division:Trumann,Tuckerman, Piggott, Manila, Metro-East Lutheran, Harrisburg, Westside, Rivercrest, Marked Tree, BIC, Gosnell and Salem
I'm not sure on the upper division, I'm sure it'll be Paragould, GCT, Marion, Jonesboro ect

jabberhog

Any bracket on the Poyen tournament

Eaglemaniac

Anyone have bracket for the El Dorado tournament?

Lionheart88

Quote from: softballfan on February 29, 2016, 10:09:18 am
Who is in the Van Buren tournament next weekend?
White Hall is, according to their schedule (though it show that tourney as being on 04/01, not next weekend).

LowerAR

Quote from: Eaglemaniac on March 02, 2016, 07:54:02 am
Anyone have bracket for the El Dorado tournament?
Sorry Eagle, I'm not privileged to that kind of information. I guess it is on a need to know bases, and I'm not even talked to.   

CHGHornets

Quote from: littlec2964 on February 27, 2016, 05:20:10 pm
Junction City
Eldorado
Hamburg
Star City
Genoa Central
Taylor
Harmony Grove
Monticello
Smackover
Parkers Chapel
Fordyce
DeWitt
Hermitage
Camden Fairview
Crossett

I believe junction city has a bye then it goes El dorado vs Hamburg, Genoa Central vs Star City, Us vs Taylor and so on.

Any prediction on the winner of this tournament?? I know who my vote goes to....lol

LowerAR

Quote from: CHGHornets on March 03, 2016, 08:35:44 am
I believe junction city has a bye then it goes El dorado vs Hamburg, Genoa Central vs Star City, Us vs Taylor and so on.

Any prediction on the winner of this tournament?? I know who my vote goes to....lol
Crossett, CHG, PC, Monticello, Taylor all have a good shot. I don't know who will have the pitching late in the day on Sat. If I had to pick it would be one of the first two.

baseball2012

Lower Ar, i'm curious why you wouldn't include the host team as one of the favorites to win the tournament.  You have a experienced senior pitcher and you have already beaten one of the teams you labeled as a favorite.

Eaglemaniac

Quote from: LowerAR on March 03, 2016, 08:59:13 am
Crossett, CHG, PC, Monticello, Taylor all have a good shot. I don't know who will have the pitching late in the day on Sat. If I had to pick it would be one of the first two.

Crossett has 2 solid pitchers.

LowerAR

Quote from: baseball2012 on March 03, 2016, 10:44:20 am
Lower Ar, i'm curious why you wouldn't include the host team as one of the favorites to win the tournament.  You have a experienced senior pitcher and you have already beaten one of the teams you labeled as a favorite.
I will always try to take the underdog status if I can, but that senior pitcher will be tired come Saturday. Eaglemaniac just posted why it will be tough for El Dorado to win it all. If fresh I will give us a shot against anyone there, but I know that pitcher well. If things work out for us we might be there, but 3 years ago El Dorado beat Hamburg in the final because that girl who was a freshman at the time came in to releave a woreout senior and went the last 3 innings to win after not playing all weekend. Maybe I just believe in Karma. 

baseball2012

I don't know anything about Monticello or Taylor but I'm pretty sure CHG and PC will be throwing one pitcher throughout the tournament unless there is a blowout.  I will agree, that if Crossett has two solid pitchers, then they might be the team to beat with their sticks.  Good luck to everyone!

LowerAR

CHG and PC both have other pitchers. I would not say they will not just use one pitcher, but they have others who have pitched. I believe that Monticello has other pitchers and I have not seen Taylor at all. I do know that the El Dorado pitcher throws several pitches that will cause that shoulder to be very sore though a long day. How far she can go, I don't know, and I hope we don't find out. I would rather see her pitch in college than win the Classic. Both would be nice, but that's me. Thanks for the luck. 

Eaglemaniac

Crossett pitched one pitcher the entire tourney babe finally wore out late in the 5th game. She pitched 7 games last week. Not sure why we didn't use our other one. Who ended up winning the tourney? PC looked strong all weekend. Dewitt is much better than expected. Hamburg was perhaps the biggest diappointment of the entire tourney. Absolutely horrible this year.

baseball2012

1st - El dorado, 2nd - Parkers Chapel, 3rd - Harmony Grove

LowerAR

All three team's pitchers looked wore late Saturday. El Dorado managed to stay in the winners bracket and that was the difference. Big strike zones allowed those teams with better pitchers to win. El Dorado gave up 4 runs all weekend and one of those was allowed by a freshmen who came in in relief on Friday night. I like big strike zones because I'm a pitchers dad, but I do know the outcomes of those conditions. I also know what happens when you play where they make pitchers throw in a coffee can size zone. Then people ask what happened to that great pitcher. Hey it is a part of the game, but people who understand the game; know what I'm talking about. CHG and PC played well this weekend. CHG had El Dorado beat going into the last inning of the first game on Sat., only to have it slip away when El Dorado scored 3 runs in the bottom of the inning. El Dorado beat PC 1-0 in the first game and 1-3 in the last. CHG should have beat PC in the semi, but for a base running mistake. It all could have gone differant.

gamechanger11

Quote from: phstiger on February 28, 2016, 09:06:03 pm
Pangburn Tournament at Heber Springs

McCrory Bye, will play winner of

Pangburn vs. Palestine Wheatley

Magazine vs. Riverview

Prarie Grove vs. Quitman

Cave City vs. Des Arc

Midland vs. Prarie Grove JV

Concord vs. Walnut Ridge

Viola vs. Rison

Looks like you got set up for some of the better teams to knock each other out in first round.

mlt

Dates and times for the Pangburn tournament?

500 hitter

Who is in the T.O.C. tournament in North Little Rock this year? Is Bald Knob in it?

NEASPORTSFAN

Quote from: mlt on March 09, 2016, 02:57:16 pm
Dates and times for the Pangburn tournament?
Saturday March 19. First round games start at 9

ladybulldogs

Bald Knob is not in it this year. Playing in D-Mac instead.

Sweet

Malvern tournament canceled.

500 hitter

Speaking of Malvern,  how good is that team? I heard they should be pretty good this year.

Sweet

March 11, 2016, 09:13:37 am #36 Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 09:18:03 am by Sweet
Quote from: 500 hitter on March 11, 2016, 09:07:15 am
Speaking of Malvern,  how good is that team? I heard they should be pretty good this year.

They can hit. Rumors of turmoil at pitcher. Beat 2A champ by 1 in 8 innings. Beat Arkadelphia 14 - 3

CURLEYWOLF24

Any word on the tournament in Arkadelphia this weekend been canceled?

1-Adam-12

Somehow, some way, the Clarksville tourney is on for today and tomorrow. 

1-Adam-12

Mayflower wins the lower division at Clarksville. They had to beat Booneville twice and give them credit, they succeeded.

Booneville gave a great effort as they were missing 3 starters and had another player go down hurt in the final game.

Alma had forced the if game against Dardanelle in the upper division. Had to leave before it ended.

greenwood1

What complex will T.O.C be played at?

New Dawg

D-Mac starts today ;D.
Finally some good weather.

CURLEYWOLF24

March 17, 2016, 11:04:17 am #42 Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 02:27:13 pm by CURLEYWOLF24
Quote from: New Dawg on March 17, 2016, 05:30:55 am
D-Mac starts today ;D.
You spoke too early!

fastpitchcoach0104

Quote from: New Dawg on March 17, 2016, 05:30:55 am
D-Mac starts today ;D.

Finally seeing some "sun" here in Hope! Hopefully all games are able to be played tonight!

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: Maximus Decimus Meridius on February 29, 2016, 01:32:47 pm
March 28
Brookland is having a tourn upper and lower divisions
Red Division:Trumann,Tuckerman, Piggott, Manila, Metro-East Lutheran, Harrisburg, Westside, Rivercrest, Marked Tree, BIC, Gosnell and Salem
I'm not sure on the upper division, I'm sure it'll be Paragould, GCT, Marion, Jonesboro ect

Any bracket information on this tournament ?

ballmember

Anyone have bracket and times for Pangburn Tourney at Heber Springs???   looks like will be a good one. 

BasketballNeverStops

Congrats to the Concord Lady Pirates on winning the Rumble in the Jungle hosted by Pangburn today at Heber Springs. They defeated Walnut Ridge 13-3 in 3 innings, Viola 9-0 in 4 innings, Midland 12-1 in 6 innings, and Prairie Grove 4-2 in the finals to improve to 10-0 on the season.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas