• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A 2016 Pre-Season MONEY POLL

Started by 3 Dollar, December 07, 2015, 09:54:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

3 Dollar

Thought it might be nice to have a little more to discuss during these long winter months:

1...Mena
2...Pottsville
3...Nashville
4...Heber Springs
5...Ashdown
6...Brookland
7...Bauxite
8...Pea Ridge
9...Hamburg
10..Dover

Eaglemaniac

Hamburg? You've got to be kiddding. The Playmakers are gone.

BIG_K

500 hitter

Mena
Bauxite
Brookland
Nashville
Then all the rest

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: 500 hitter on December 09, 2015, 02:55:21 pm
Mena
Bauxite
Brookland
Nashville
Then all the rest

Same 4A "Final 4" as last year??

LowerAR

I would say Monticello and Crossett will be the ones to watch from down south or southeast anyway.

500 hitter

Mena, Bauxite, and Brookland have their core back. I actually believe Nashville has their core back also. These teams have a history of a good program. It will be hard to bet against one of them. The new Nashville coach is a wild card in the scenario. He might make them better or worse, I have no idea what he brings to the table. It should be a great race. 

LowerAR

Quote from: 500 hitter on December 10, 2015, 10:15:26 am
Mena, Bauxite, and Brookland have their core back. I actually believe Nashville has their core back also. These teams have a history of a good program. It will be hard to bet against one of them. The new Nashville coach is a wild card in the scenario. He might make them better or worse, I have no idea what he brings to the table. It should be a great race.
Chad is a good guy and a knowledgeable coach for Nashville. A coach can only do so much so fast but I am sure the team will respond pretty quick. I would put him up there with just about anyone that I know. He can get along with parents and players and is a student of the game. The only draw back would be that he has been coaching 2A; and 4A is more competitive, but a well coached team is a well coached team, so I would think it should work out. The thing is a division is defined by it's very best teams, so 4A is super strong because those 3 or 4 best teams push the envelope high.     

BrianfromCarlisle

Is Bauxite not a little low?  From my understanding they only lost 1 starter.  And are gaining some fantastic freshmen.

laketownballer

Mena is the tops of 4A by far.
Bauxite, Pottsville, Brookland will all be good too.
Look for Nashville to make some noise. Hudson is a good coach with a good program.
Heber Springs Lost 3 excellent Sr.'s last year. However they also have some very good freshman talent coming into the program.
Heber Springs Seems to be a program on the rise.

gamechanger11

Look out for Southside Batesville.

3 Dollar

Quote from: gamechanger11 on December 12, 2015, 10:40:11 pm

Yeah, I drank that Kool-Aid last year and strangled!

gamechanger11

Lol. Ok ok let's say should be then.

BIG_K

Anyone know anything about Dover  ??? They are #10 in the pre-season poll  ???

Panthers44

Pocahontas will be there as well they have there core back!

Panthers44

Quote from: laketownballer on December 11, 2015, 12:46:46 pm
Look for Nashville to make some noise. Hudson is a good coach with a good program.
Heber Springs Lost 3 excellent Sr.'s last year. However they also have some very good freshman talent coming into the program.
Mena is not that much better than the top 4 teams in 4a Bauxite has everyone back.

Panthers44

Quote from: 3 Dollar on December 07, 2015, 09:54:22 am
Thought it might be nice to have a little more to discuss during these long winter months:

1...Mena
2...Pottsville
3...Nashville
4...Heber Springs
5...Ashdown
6...Brookland
7...Bauxite
8...Pea Ridge
9...Hamburg
10..Dover
3 dollar always gives us good stuff to talk about during year!

Eaglemaniac

Quote from: LowerAR on December 10, 2015, 09:19:48 am
I would say Monticello and Crossett will be the ones to watch from down south or southeast anyway.

Crossett is loaded. They return 8 of 9 starters and the one replacing the departed starter should have started last year.

LowerAR

We have Monticello and Crossett scheduled before the cat classic so with any luck we will get a look at both of these teams early. That is good because we need to play some quality teams if we want to get better. If we get these games in, then I will blow the whistle on these two. I won't cut you no slack Eaglemaniac; I will tell on ya'll. ;D   

Thrasher

Quote from: Eaglemaniac on January 28, 2016, 01:36:56 pm

Crossett is loaded. They return 8 of 9 starters and the one replacing the departed starter should have started last year.

Same for Monticello.

Eaglemaniac

Quote from: LowerAR on January 29, 2016, 09:41:20 am
We have Monticello and Crossett scheduled before the cat classic so with any luck we will get a look at both of these teams early. That is good because we need to play some quality teams if we want to get better. If we get these games in, then I will blow the whistle on these two. I won't cut you no slack Eaglemaniac; I will tell on ya'll. ;D   

Lol our biggest holdback is going to be coaching. I'm not too crazy about his style of play. 8 of this years starters have played for me during the summer and we've always done well. Only time will tell.

LowerAR

Quote from: Thrasher on January 29, 2016, 05:14:47 pm
Quote from: Eaglemaniac on January 28, 2016, 01:36:56 pm

Same for Monticello.
We actually never got to play Monticello last year, so I can't really say to much, but they are always good and I have seen a few of the ones from this class.
I think we will be OK, but I really doubt that we will have it together that first week though. We have several good freshman and a junior that are playing basketball and we will need to compete. Good luck and we will see ya'll both in a month. 

nmyeyes

What about DeWitt? Softball has been a strong program for them and I know they have several girls in the program now that should be able to make a push.

Razorhummer

Quote from: gamechanger11 on December 12, 2015, 10:40:11 pm
Agreed. SS Batesville lost 3 seniors from last season and are loaded. Them and Heber Springs will battle it out for the 2-4A title like last season.

Panthers44

Quote from: nmyeyes on February 12, 2016, 10:38:57 am
What about DeWitt? Softball has been a strong program for them and I know they have several girls in the program now that should be able to make a push.

Panthers44

Quote from: laketownballer on December 11, 2015, 12:46:46 pm
[/quote Heber Springs has been talked about for last 4 years and just can't get over the top maybe this year they can.

LowerAR

Quote from: nmyeyes on February 12, 2016, 10:38:57 am
I believe I will get a look at Dewitt at the Classic in El Dorado also. I will tell on them also. ;D

Code3Cat

Quote from: Eaglemaniac on December 08, 2015, 07:10:08 pm
Hamburg? You've got to be kiddding. The Playmakers are gone.

Crossett, Dewitt, Dumas and Monticello ( in no particular order ) will all be better than Hamburg

BrianfromCarlisle

Looks like the freshmen from Bauxite have come to play.

LowerAR

As promised, I will report on 4A teams that played in the Ladycat Classic.
Monticello: Solid/ I believe this team can be a lot better. The pieces are in place but mistakes and just not hitting well from what I saw.
Crossett: Solid/ Lost a big stick this weekend that will hurt until she's back, but I would watchout for this team. There were to many mistakes this week.
Dewitt: Solid/ I did not see a lot of this team, but what I did, I thought they hit well,  played decent defence and pitching looked solid.
Hamburg: Green/ I don't know how old this team is but they appeared young. All of the Playmakers that are left are now at Crossett and El Dorado. That team lived and breathed softball, and that is what it takes to be that good.
*I hope I didn't hurt any feelings but that is what I saw this week.       

Eaglemaniac

March 07, 2016, 08:17:55 pm #30 Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 08:21:02 pm by Eaglemaniac
Quote from: LowerAR on March 07, 2016, 10:33:14 am
As promised, I will report on 4A teams that played in the Ladycat Classic.
Monticello: Solid/ I believe this team can be a lot better. The pieces are in place but mistakes and just not hitting well from what I saw.
Crossett: Solid/ Lost a big stick this weekend that will hurt until she's back, but I would watchout for this team. There were to many mistakes this week.
Dewitt: Solid/ I did not see a lot of this team, but what I did, I thought they hit well,  played decent defence and pitching looked solid.
Hamburg: Green/ I don't know how old this team is but they appeared young. All of the Playmakers that are left are now at Crossett and El Dorado. That team lived and breathed softball, and that is what it takes to be that good.
*I hope I didn't hurt any feelings but that is what I saw this week.       

Only one left from Crossett that played with the Playmakers. The lady Eagles are primarily the old Fire n Ice team. Crossett beat Smackover tonight 15-4 with their #2 pitcher. Eliminate the mistakes and Crossett and Monticello will be tough. I was impressed with Dewitt this weekend. Much better than expected.

LowerAR

Quote from: Eaglemaniac on March 07, 2016, 08:17:55 pm
Only one left from Crossett that played with the Playmakers. The lady Eagles are primarily the old Fire n Ice team. Crossett beat Smackover tonight 15-4 with their #2 pitcher. Eliminate the mistakes and Crossett and Monticello will be tough. I was impressed with Dewitt this weekend. Much better than expected.
I agree, all three teams looked like they will be good once they get settled into there groove. El Dorado has one of the Playmakers still playing for them. Made me smile to see the two hug after the game Thursday. Good luck Eaglemaniac, we will see ya'll again.   

NEA Razorback olfan

March 29, 2016, 05:55:42 pm #32 Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 08:38:42 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Harrisburg 2
Brookland 17
F

Harrisburg 3
Brookland 10
F

BrianfromCarlisle

March 30, 2016, 09:28:53 pm #33 Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 06:34:46 am by BrianfromCarlisle
Is there an updated "Money Poll?"  Bauxite is 9-2. Wins over Mena 7-1 and Heber Springs 4-2. The 2 losses were Greenwood(6a money poll #1) 2-1, and Rogers (7a money poll #7) 3-2.

BLUEBLOOD

I saw Nashville play in D-Mac tournament.  They are playing very well to this point in the season.  They will be a tough out come playoff time.

3 Dollar

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on March 30, 2016, 09:28:53 pm
Is there an updated "Money Poll?"  Bauxite is 9-2. Wins over Mena 7-1 and Heber Springs 4-2. The 2 losses were Greenwood(6a money poll #1) 2-1, and Rogers (7a money poll #7) 3-2.

I normally try and wait until after Spring Break and the first week in April.  Should have new MONEY POLLS coming out sometime this Sunday.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas