• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6A 2016 Pre-Season MONEY POLL

Started by 3 Dollar, December 07, 2015, 09:46:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

3 Dollar

Thought it might be nice to have a little more to discuss during these long winter months:

1...Greenwood
2...Benton
3...Sheridan
4...Mountain Home
5...Lake Hamilton
6...Searcy
7...Marion
8...Jonesboro
9...Texarkana
10..El Dorado

LowerAR

Thanks for the list 3 Dollar; now we can hold you to this right.  ;D Just kidding.

LowerAR

Quote from: 3 Dollar on December 07, 2015, 09:46:38 am
Thought it might be nice to have a little more to discuss during these long winter months:

1...Greenwood
2...Benton
3...Sheridan
4...Mountain Home
5...Lake Hamilton
6...Searcy
7...Marion
8...Jonesboro
9...Texarkana
10..El Dorado
Greenwood-Should be real good.
Benton-Loaded to the max. 4 real good pitchers and a scary lineup.
Sheridan-Should be good. Young pitchers, but will be good at the plate and defense.
MH-I don't know much.
LH-Solid, decent pitching and fielding.
Searcy-I don't know much.
Marion-I would think they would be very solid.
Jonesboro-I don't know much.
Texarkana-Did not see much.
El Dorado-Lost 4 senior starters, but returns a senior pitcher who is committed to HSU and most of the infield. Several quality freshmen coming in. Should be a very solid team.
Feel free to add, subtract, change any of this, or just comment. I would be very interested in hearing other observations.           

1-Adam-12

Greenwood's Victoria Taylor has started the season with four no-hitters in a row including two perfect games.

Vs. Waldron (perfect game), Rogers Heritage (perfect game), Har-Ber and Mena.

Sballfan110

Taylor is best pitcher in the state. I've said that before, she will be an elite college pitcher as well.

jacosportsfreak

Who does she play travel ball for?

PatFan

Quote from: 3 Dollar on December 07, 2015, 09:46:38 am

1...Greenwood
2...Benton
3...Sheridan
4...Mountain Home
5...Lake Hamilton
6...Searcy
7...Marion
8...Jonesboro
9...Texarkana
10..El Dorado

Y'all are sleeping on Marion. They're way too low. They have seven starters back from back-to-back state semifinal teams. I expect they'll be in the final four again this year, at least.

LowerAR

Quote from: PatFan on March 20, 2016, 10:59:15 pm
Y'all are sleeping on Marion. They're way too low. They have seven starters back from back-to-back state semifinal teams. I expect they'll be in the final four again this year, at least.
I wouldn't have made the list like that either, but unless you can break the top three, and I don't think anyone can, then it is all just talk. Marion has a descent team, so does El Dorado, but until you beat one of the three on the top, you don't get into the discusion. I said that about Greenwood last year, and they did it. Hard to tell where Marion is through out the year because that conference is not as tough. Greenwood has a rough schedule while the 6A South all play each other. We will all see come tourney time.   

whitefella1

I have seen Sheridan and Lake Hamilton. Lake Hamilton is rated a little too high. The top 3 seem to be about right. I would move Marion up to 4th or 5th.

LowerAR

I will agree with that. El Dorado gets shots at Texarkana and Lake Hamilton this week, so we will get to see how that should look. Benton and Sheridan in the next two weeks, which is what makes the 6A South good. Of coarse we haven't been on the field for over a week and a half, so it may not be good looks.   

PatFan

Quote from: LowerAR on March 22, 2016, 08:24:30 am
I wouldn't have made the list like that either, but unless you can break the top three, and I don't think anyone can, then it is all just talk. Marion has a descent team, so does El Dorado, but until you beat one of the three on the top, you don't get into the discusion. I said that about Greenwood last year, and they did it. Hard to tell where Marion is through out the year because that conference is not as tough. Greenwood has a rough schedule while the 6A South all play each other. We will all see come tourney time.

I do agree on the conference. The East has been down for a few years now.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas