• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top teams 5A and down

Started by CHGHornets, November 06, 2015, 04:01:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CHGHornets

5A - Dequeen uses that talent right and goes all the way

4A - Nashville with a new coach

3A - Bald Knob with the same team and new coach

2A - Springhill with the same team and a new coach

1A - Southside

BLUEBLOOD

5A:  DeQueen has all the talent and tools to win it all.  White Hall & Vilonia were very good but I'm not sure what they lost.

4A:  Mena is still the team to beat.  Not sure Nashville has the tools to beat Mena, but they will be top 5 for sure

3A:  Bald Knob has to be the favorite.  Successful program, talent and a proven coach is a good mixture.

2A:  Springhill & Foreman will be front-runners.  Foreman still possesses the offensive weapons, but have to replace a pitcher who wasn't dominant (but was a proven winner).  Springhill lost a few offensive weapons, but plays great defense and pitching is as good as any in 2A.

1A:  No clue, but my Outlaws will move into that classification next year so I will be paying attention.

LowerAR

5A: Hard to go against Vilonia with probably one of the best pitchers in the state and returning several big bats.
4A: Not that familiar with many of the teams, but Mena is stacked.
3A: From what I saw BK looks tough.
2A: PC will be good again, good pitcher with a decent bunch of hitters.
1A: Have no clue.

I love this stuff. :)

Lionheart88

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on November 09, 2015, 11:13:40 am
5A:  DeQueen has all the talent and tools to win it all.  White Hall & Vilonia were very good but I'm not sure what they lost.

4A:  Mena is still the team to beat.  Not sure Nashville has the tools to beat Mena, but they will be top 5 for sure

3A:  Bald Knob has to be the favorite.  Successful program, talent and a proven coach is a good mixture.

2A:  Springhill & Foreman will be front-runners.  Foreman still possesses the offensive weapons, but have to replace a pitcher who wasn't dominant (but was a proven winner).  Springhill lost a few offensive weapons, but plays great defense and pitching is as good as any in 2A.

1A:  No clue, but my Outlaws will move into that classification next year so I will be paying attention.
White Hall had three girls sign with UAPB I know.  Supposed to have brought up some talented freshmen (but doesn't everybody?) and were pretty deep last year anyway.  May be some drop-off, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them make a deep playoff run either.

Wilcat43

5A:vilonia/DeQueen could be a chest match!             

4A:Pottsville!! Very young and hungry team to much talent especially the Campbell girls should be very much improved with the influx of freshman this year

3A:bald knob!!!! WAY TO MUCH TALENT and hired a very good coach!!!

2A:hector! Had spring hill beat in second round just couldn't finish a lot of young ladies should be seasoned now and has the best pitcher in 2A hands down Darcy fountain she is big time!! Could start for any team in the state

1A: no idea!!!!

Lionheart88

Quote from: Wilcat43 on November 11, 2015, 09:24:40 pm

4A:Pottsville!! Very young and hungry team to much talent especially the Campbell girls should be very much improved with the influx of freshman this year

2A:hector! Had spring hill beat in second round just couldn't finish a lot of young ladies should be seasoned now and has the best pitcher in 2A hands down Darcy fountain she is big time!! Could start for any team in the state

???   Say what?

SSHornetSB

1A - Armorel, Concord, Nemo Vista

BLUEBLOOD

November 12, 2015, 11:55:53 am #7 Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 11:57:24 am by BLUEBLOOD

Springhill won it all.  They finished!!!  But this is a new season and the experience for Hector could pay off.  My Outlaws also "almost" beat Springhill in the regular season, but SH's experience paid off and they got us 4-3.

2A softball should be very exciting this season.

Wilcat43

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on November 12, 2015, 11:55:53 am

Springhill won it all.  They finished!!!  But this is a new season and the experience for Hector could pay off.  My Outlaws also "almost" beat Springhill in the regular season, but SH's experience paid off and they got us 4-3.

2A softball should be very exciting this season.
yes I totally agree with u it should be very exciting this spring there should be a lot of good teams in 2a this year

BrianfromCarlisle

How will Bauxite be this year?

Sweet

Quote from: Lionheart88 on November 11, 2015, 09:49:04 pm

???   Say what?

I had exactly the same thought.

Sweet

What Outlaws are going to 1A?

Wilcat43

???   Say what?
you read it right!!!

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: Sweet on November 21, 2015, 04:32:48 am

2016-18 classification cycle has Dierks, Mt Ida and Mineral Springs playing all sports (besides football) in 1A.  There are obviously others affected but these are the schools from our existing conference that are moving to 1A.  Gurdon is going up to 3A also.

3 Dollar

Really too early to tell, but:

5A:  Vilonia - Their title to be taken away.  Which could be done by the likes of a DeQueen, White Hall, or possibly a Farmington.

4A:  Mena - Again, their title to be taken away.  Also, it could very well be done by teams such as Pottsville, Nashville, or maybe even a Heber Springs

3A:  Bald Knob -  Don't think anyone will take this title away as long as Ms. Humes stays healthy!

2A:  Springhill - Current title holder, but I believe Hector will stir their pot this year along with a couple of teams from their own conference (Foreman & Murfreesboro).  Don't sleep on BIC or Magnet Cove.  This classification should be one of the most wide open with a whole lot of parity.

1A:  Scranton - Again, their title too lose.  Could be take by teams like Nemo Vista, Taylor, SS Bee Branch, or maybe Concord (not sure what they lost from last year).

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: 3 Dollar on November 24, 2015, 10:25:58 am
Really too early to tell, but:

5A:  Vilonia - Their title to be taken away.  Which could be done by the likes of a DeQueen, White Hall, or possibly a Farmington.

4A:  Mena - Again, their title to be taken away.  Also, it could very well be done by teams such as Pottsville, Nashville, or maybe even a Heber Springs

3A:  Bald Knob -  Don't think anyone will take this title away as long as Ms. Humes stays healthy!

2A:  Springhill - Current title holder, but I believe Hector will stir their pot this year along with a couple of teams from their own conference (Foreman & Murfreesboro).  Don't sleep on BIC or Magnet Cove.  This classification should be one of the most wide open with a whole lot of parity.

1A:  Scranton - Again, their title too lose.  Could be take by teams like Nemo Vista, Taylor, SS Bee Branch, or maybe Concord (not sure what they lost from last year).

Murfreesboro lost a lot last year.  All-state pitcher to graduation, backup pitcher transferred.  They played this fall with a freshman pitcher.  A lot of potential there, but I don't see them pushing Springhill or Foreman.  I believe my Outlaws will step up and push those top 2 this season.  Time will tell.

CoachSB00

I agreeing with most of the comments here!!  In 3a  Bald Knob is the team to beat but as far as other teams who do you think will give them a run for the title??? 

Eaglemaniac

4A Crossett returns 8 starters. They should make some noise this year. They struggled late last year when their main pitcher went down with an injury. She's back and better than ever.

CoachSB00

De Queen should be the ones to beat in 5A, its theirs to lose.  In 4a its Mena's again to lose.  In 3a BK its also theirs to lose but one team to look for is Cossatot River Lady Eagles 3A-7 had a awful season last year but with 7 returning starters and 3-4 very good freshman players moving up, they should make a run in State!!!  Their pitcher has some help coming and she is good.  They played Fall Ball, and I know not all players where accounted for, but they beat Spring hill and Foreman and hung tough with Nashville and DE Queen.  In 2a, Foreman and Springhill, but might keep and eye on Dierks they have a tough team with a good pitcher.  1A is I'm not sure. 

LowerAR

I keep seeing De Queen's name on top in 5A, and in truth I haven't seen that team and I only know 1 or 2 from there. But I will take your word for them as being good. But if I remember right, # 7 from Vilonia took them to task in the state tourney. Well she is still there and another year older. Now I have no dog in the fight, but how do you figure that De Queen is the team to beat. Last year Greenwood won in 6A and I understand that they have most returning, so even though I know that Benton will be loaded, I have to list them behind Greenwood because the pitcher shut Benton down last year. I understand predictions, but unless you have some inside scoop, what makes you think that De Queen will be able to take Vilonia. I'm not trying to start anything; I would just like to know the reasons why De Queen is the team to beat. Because from the outside, it would appear that it is Vilonia's to win. But if you have a good reason, I'll go with you.       

CoachSB00

I can see your point and you could be right, they did take it to them in State tourney and possibly could again so I will retract my statement and say that if they can get in the opposite sides of the bracket that it should be both of them in finals and that should make for a good game. Thanks for reminding me of that. Do have anymore thoughts on the other division and teams??? Would be interested in hearing???

LowerAR

Not really no, I believe that Mena and BK have the best chances in 4 and 3A. We saw some of Mena this year and they may be the best team in the state. We played some of BK this summer and they were good without the pitcher. 2A looks like a dog fight. I know that Springhill and Parkers Chapel will have good pitching. I don't see much 1A ball, I have no clues there. Season always changes everything, so. ???       

jacosportsfreak

Where did you play some of the BK team?

BrianfromCarlisle

I personally think Bauxite will be in the hunt again this year

Sweet

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on November 23, 2015, 02:47:36 pm
Quote from: Sweet on November 21, 2015, 04:32:48 am

2016-18 classification cycle has Dierks, Mt Ida and Mineral Springs playing all sports (besides football) in 1A.  There are obviously others affected but these are the schools from our existing conference that are moving to 1A.  Gurdon is going up to 3A also.

Interesting. A year or so ago I made a post about schools that were actually 1A size but played football. They had to play 2A in all sports. Would have made a world of difference in several years of girls sports.

LowerAR

Quote from: jacosportsfreak on December 24, 2015, 08:49:58 pm

Where did you play some of the BK team?
In the Kassidy Wynn some of the BK team played on a put together team. They had a Benton pitcher and some others, but the BK girls looked pretty good.   

Sballfan110

In regards to the 6A mentioned, Greenwood has the best pitcher in the state in Taylor, hands down they should repeat.

5A will be Vilonia again, not sure about all this Dequeen talk, but Wader shut them down last year and Vilonia won 10-0.

Mena will dominate 4A..same theme, returning their stud pitcher.  And many many position players.

3A once again will be Bald Knob because of....the returning senior pitcher that dominated the state tournament last year.

2A is a toss up, I will pick Foreman based on history and talent, but that is just a pick.

1A ..I have no clue

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: Sballfan110 on December 30, 2015, 10:12:21 am
In regards to the 6A mentioned, Greenwood has the best pitcher in the state in Taylor, hands down they should repeat.

5A will be Vilonia again, not sure about all this Dequeen talk, but Wader shut them down last year and Vilonia won 10-0.

Mena will dominate 4A..same theme, returning their stud pitcher.  And many many position players.

3A once again will be Bald Knob because of....the returning senior pitcher that dominated the state tournament last year.

2A is a toss up, I will pick Foreman based on history and talent, but that is just a pick.

1A ..I have no clue

5A:  I'm not familiar with Vilonia (other than they beat DQ in state last year) and you aren't familiar with DQ (other than Vilonia beat them 10-0 last year).  DQ basically didn't lose any major contributors.  They are poised for a better season.  Vilonia does have a stud pitcher as evidenced by their state title run last year.  Should be a good re-match this season (maybe it will happen in Fayetteville this time).

2A:  History says that Foreman has the offensive firepower and when they have pitching to back it up, they are the favorites.  The question is:  Do they have that pitching this season?  Time will tell.  Offense will not hold them back. 

ridgerunner14

January 04, 2016, 03:17:46 pm #28 Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 08:59:00 pm by ridgerunner14
k

jacosportsfreak

HA graduated their stud pitcher.  I don't look to see them make a deep run this year.

Chief_Osceola™

???   Say what?

You know, a chest match.  A game that will be won by the team with more heart.  Not to be confused with a chess match.  I could be wrong, so take what I say with a grade of slaw.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas