• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

County Line VS. Emerson Saturday (oct-25

Started by smackdat014, October 21, 2014, 08:39:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

smackdat014

Any thoughts or predictions on this game? They play Saturday @ Acorn!

WPWells

PuddlePirate12

Emerson girls aren't playing. Only the senior boys

WPWells

PuddlePirate12

TimeManagement

Eagles

County Line by 7, saw where County Line also plays Acorn next Tue.

WPWells

If County Line beats Emerson then Emerson is way overrated this year

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 22, 2014, 09:02:57 pm
If County Line beats Emerson then Emerson is way overrated this year

I agree. If they lose I'll quit posting about them Lol

PuddlePirate12

But I will take Emerson 71-57. I literally just picked some numbers though. I have no idea how these teams compare lol

Silky Johnson

This is a game of opposing styles. CL has the edge in coaching but I'll take the favorite and say Emerson by 7.

littlec2964

Emerson beat Dermott by 14 Tuesday night. I will take Emerson by 15+.

HorseFeathers

12th man what do you base that statement on? County line is as good as they've been the last few years and they made a semifinal appearance last year....and havent missed state in close to 10 years..

WPWells

Knowing what they lost after last season I see them being a little down this year. I see them getting about third in the region

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 24, 2014, 10:38:07 am
Knowing what they lost after last season I see them being a little down this year. I see them getting about third in the region

After who!?

And they've lost more than that before and not missed a beat...Remember the years it was them and Hackett battling for the 2A west? They graduated a lot off of that team, and still kept competing for region titles and winning a game or two in state. County Line is the epitomy of consistency during their little run, they just can't get over the hump and make a finals appearance.

I'll stick by my picking them to be a top 5 team this year, even after watching them get beat by Wonderview by 12 the other night. If Bay wasn't in 1A we'd all be talking about the DareDevils winning a title this year...

PuddlePirate12

And Emerson started off last year 2-5 and finished 29-9 I think. Just because you lose early doesnt mean you're overrated. It just means you have to improve. Everyone said Bay would beat everyone in 1a by 30+.. Does that mean they are overrated if they don't? No I don't think so. It just shows that most teams haven't reached their full potential yet. Even if Emerson lost to County Line tomorrow doesn't mean they would lose to them in February.

Clutch03

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on October 24, 2014, 01:30:44 pm
And Emerson started off last year 2-5 and finished 29-9 I think. Just because you lose early doesnt mean you're overrated. It just means you have to improve. Everyone said Bay would beat everyone in 1a by 30+.. Does that mean they are overrated if they don't? No I don't think so. It just shows that most teams haven't reached their full potential yet. Even if Emerson lost to County Line tomorrow doesn't mean they would lose to them in February.

I have to say HF and PuddlePirate12...definitely two people that make a lot of sense...fearless Friday needs a like button

DogsWin7

Did the Gattis? Kid for County Line graduate last year?   He is smooth as silk when he shoots the ball.   Good player.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 24, 2014, 03:26:18 pm
Did the Gattis? Kid for County Line graduate last year?   He is smooth as silk when he shoots the ball.   Good player.

Yeah...both him and his older brother were good players.

J.D.

Quote from: Clutch03 on October 24, 2014, 02:31:37 pm
Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on October 24, 2014, 01:30:44 pm

I have to say HF and PuddlePirate12...definitely two people that make a lot of sense...fearless Friday needs a like button

HF makes no sense.  ZERO. 

attaboy

October 25, 2014, 06:13:01 am #20 Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 06:32:21 am by attaboy
 ;D

PuddlePirate12

Does anyone know what other games are going on at the Acorn Classsic today?

FlyingEagle24

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on October 25, 2014, 11:54:33 am
Does anyone know what other games are going on at the Acorn Classsic today?
Cossatot vs Acorn

PuddlePirate12

smackdat014

Acorn and cossatot girls start of fourth.
Acorn 42
Cossatot 41

smackdat014

smackdat014

smackdat014

smackdat014

smackdat014

PuddlePirate12

Any info on the acorn cossatot boys game?

HawgBall06

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on October 25, 2014, 08:29:54 pm
Any info on the acorn cossatot boys game?

Don't remember the score exactly, but CR boys by 28 I believe.

Silky Johnson

Pirate13 any info from the Emerson and county line game. Also Cossatot isn't at the top of their conference are they?

PuddlePirate12

County Line started off strong. Emerson started slow but then when they got down 12-2 they started pressing. County Line didn't turn the ball over much but the press got them shook up I think. And Emerson started playing good defense finally half way through the 1st quarter. County Line is pretty good though.

WPWells

Silky Johnson

I know they are. I didn't know if they were competitive in the conference they were in.

WPWells

Couldn't tell ya. I'm a 3A fan, and I know their region is usually the weakest of the four so I'd imagine if they have a pretty decent team then they'll be pretty competitive

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Silky Johnson on October 26, 2014, 12:53:58 pm
I know they are. I didn't know if they were competitive in the conference they were in.

I think they were top 3 in their conference last season...

Silky Johnson

It doesn't always translate but if they beat Acorn by 28 than they're at least decent. Acorn is being ranked by people in 1A but I still haven't seen much after Jackson for them. Being successful with 1 good player in the state tournament usually doesn't pan out.

smackdat014

Number 12 for acorn doesn't look half bad! They got some size to them.

Basketballfan13

Did anybody see how cossatot girls looked against acorn?

PuddlePirate12

I was one of the people ranking Acorn in the top 5. I only watched the first quarter but if they play like they did that 1st quarter they aren't a top 15 team. They played absolutely zero defense. They're offense was one or two passes and shoot. Sky Jackson wasn't impressive. He made some good passes but he didn't score like he did against Emerson last year. I did hear he had like 33 points against Blevins I think. But I wouldn't consider him a top player in 1a.. Idk if it was because of his leg injury over the summer or what but he just seemed lazy especially on defense. His dad (the coach) was very mad at him for it too. He would get a weak screen and act like he hit a wall. It was rather funny to watch him pretend to play defense

Bigbird2012

Cossatot girls did not look bad. They actually led by 2-4 points for awhile.

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on October 26, 2014, 08:03:39 pm
Did anybody see how cossatot girls looked against acorn?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas