• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smackover VS CHG.

Started by Proud Buckaroo, October 17, 2014, 11:29:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Proud Buckaroo

Smackover just shut out Fordyce, and CHG score 50 points on Lake village. Thoughts? Smackover 47-CHG 12.

BUCK FEVER

Bucks dirt roll the hornets and set up the showdown with Mcgehee for the title.

sax2play8

The bucks need to start strong next week. Started really slow against fordyce. I think they get it rolling early with the run game. And defensively the bucks will smother the Hornets. Smackover 42 chg 0

HUCKABUCK

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on October 17, 2014, 11:53:41 pm
got the fordyce officiating crew on the phone now.

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: Oldman on October 18, 2014, 07:36:27 am
Quote from: BUCK FEVER on October 17, 2014, 11:53:41 pm
got the fordyce officiating crew on the phone now.

I WOULD RATHER HAVE THE FOUKE CREW. :o

sax2play8

I really hope we don't get the refs from friday. One ref had to look at the head ref to try and spot a punt. And the head ref was on the other side of the field

Big Red

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 17, 2014, 11:29:34 pm
Smackover just shut out Fordyce, and CHG score 50 points on Lake village. Thoughts? Smackover 47-CHG 12.
I think youre being silly now.  No one could do that to a team that scored 50 on Lake Village.  You would have to be really great to blow out a team that scored 50 on Lake Village.  I will say that I love the pride and I think Smackover is a real good team (and Im gonna vote them ahead of my boys for the first time this year).  And my dad was good friends with Clyde Scott which makes me pull for the Bucks a little.  I hope his name still gets tossed about down there some.  He was awesome.

Proud Buckaroo

Smackover has already played lake village and we held them scoreless. As well as scored 47 on them, with our starters playing barely 2 quarters. Smackover also just shut down Fordyce. I don't see anything silly about my pick.

Proud Buckaroo

October 19, 2014, 01:25:55 am #9 Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 02:04:30 am by Proud Buckaroo
LaLaLand prediction:

Smackover 47 VS Camden Harmony Grove 12

USAscorepredictor:

Smackover 44. Camden Harmony Grove 9.

Not bumping their team in any sense. I think they are the best team out of the ones with their record..

Arkguy870

Chg could have shutout lake village, they don't have that much depth so when they took the starters out lake village took advantage. The only way CHG has a chance to keep it close or force an upset is the pass game. Smackover-34    CHG-14

Big Red

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 19, 2014, 01:20:27 am
Smackover has already played lake village and we held them scoreless. As well as scored 47 on them, with our starters playing barely 2 quarters. Smackover also just shut down Fordyce. I don't see anything silly about my pick.
Actually Proud Buck, I was the one trying to being silly.  I expect Smackover to handle CHG this year.  They are a little down and you guys are very good on both sides of the ball this year and are for real.  I wasn't meaning to call you silly.  Anything less than a convincing victory over CHG this year would be a question mark to me (even though they scored 50 on Lake Village).

Proud Buckaroo

October 20, 2014, 04:29:24 am #12 Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 06:26:14 am by Proud Buckaroo
Quote from: Arkguy870 on October 19, 2014, 11:28:19 pm
Chg could have shutout lake village, they don't have that much depth so when they took the starters out lake village took advantage. The only way CHG has a chance to keep it close or force an upset is the pass game. Smackover-34    CHG-14

Smackover actually hasn't had to pass much this year. So far we have been a 78-22% run-pass ratio.

KOJACK

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 20, 2014, 04:29:24 am

Smackover actually hasn't had to pass much this year. So far we have been a 88-22% run-pass ratio.
88%-22%... Wow. They are unbelievable... ::)

Proud Buckaroo

That is the result of using an iPhone to make your posts. >.<

WPWells

Arkguy870

I meant their passing not Smackovers.

Proud Buckaroo

It's hard to pass on Smackover. We have two of the best DBs in the 3A. Ask ESC what it was like trying to pass on us.

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: KOJACK on October 20, 2014, 06:21:07 am
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 20, 2014, 04:29:24 am

Smackover actually hasn't had to pass much this year. So far we have been a 88-22% run-pass ratio.
88%-22%... Wow. They are unbelievable... ::)

and REMARKABLE. ;D

adaptedtigerfan

The bucks get stung this week!!

Proud Buckaroo

And then limp their way to a 47-12 win.

Pastureboy21

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 20, 2014, 11:32:07 am
It's hard to pass on Smackover. We have two of the best DBs in the 3A. Ask ESC what it was like trying to pass on us.

True true... great squad on defense, especially secondary.

I really want to see Charleston's Offense vs Yall's Defense. (When it's not 40 degrees and in a mud pit)
It would be interesting to say the least!

Foukeatraz

Smackover should have no problem with this one. They are too good on both sides of the ball. The Owls next week will be the real challege of the season. Smackover 47 CHG 6

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Pastureboy21 on October 20, 2014, 10:32:41 pm
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 20, 2014, 11:32:07 am

True true... great squad on defense, especially secondary.

I really want to see Charleston's Offense vs Yall's Defense. (When it's not 40 degrees and in a mud pit)
It would be interesting to say the least!

I honestly believe that these two teams would match up a lot better than people think....

adaptedtigerfan

Charleston rushed for 327 yards 2 weeks ago...  It's not all about passing.,   Just saying

Proud Buckaroo

Yeah, Yeah. I know you'll defend your team, Adapted and I don't blame you for that. I am also well aware that Smackover doesn't have the tradition as you guys do, but Smackover isn't going to just lay down to Chucktown; If they get there, and I hope they do.

OLDSCHOOL82

Hey PB or any other buckaroos.  May show your age if anyone knows.  Does the name Pete Prewett ring a bell?

Buckaroo Fanatic

Please by all means pass the ball.....lol defense will have a field day with this....and then again the linebackers aren't letting you run either.....so its a gamble any way it goes....SHS 47-CHG 6

HorseCollar

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on October 21, 2014, 07:54:36 am
Hey PB or any other buckaroos.  May show your age if anyone knows.  Does the name Pete Prewett ring a bell?
I'm not familair with that name. Fill me in. Old smackover coach or player?

Proud Buckaroo

Sadly. I will not make it to this game she to my work schedule. I'm going to need someone to give me play by play updates. If possible. PM me if you are able to. Please and thank you. 

BUCK FEVER

Nope....how about CLYDE SCOTT ?

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: HorseCollar on October 21, 2014, 06:32:06 pm
I'm not familair with that name. Fill me in. Old smackover coach or player?

He passed away several years ago.  I cant remember if he grew up in smackover or was in education there either. He always talked about the Buckaroos. He was a superintendent at Booneville for many years until he retired.

Dr. Defense

Smack will roll in this game.....it won't be close

Linesman

concerning Pete Prewett, there is a Pete Prewett that played for Smackover in 1948 he was a honorable mention all district guard.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Linesman on October 22, 2014, 09:33:57 pm
concerning Pete Prewett, there is a Pete Prewett that played for Smackover in 1948 he was a honorable mention all district guard.
That could be him.  I'll have to do some checking. 

Proud Buckaroo

If that him. I wasn't even thought of yet. I am only 24 years old. My mom and dad were 10 years old that year. Lol.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 23, 2014, 08:35:50 am
If that him. I wasn't even thought of yet. I am only 24 years old. My mom and dad were 10 years old that year. Lol.

I wasnt alive either when he played.  I knew him through my youth and teenage years before he passed away.  He was a great man and always talked about the smackover buckaroos.

Proud Buckaroo

It's good to hear the history of Smackover. We have a book; I believe at the "Arkansas Oil and Brine museum" that has all the history of sports at Smackover. Smackover was first originally called the "Red Devils."

Proud Buckaroo

Is there anyone that wanted to update me on this game?

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 23, 2014, 08:26:32 pm

Just watch the score thread, we should light it up.

HorseFeathers

I could update you from what's posted on here ha...I'm probably sitting at the house tomorrow night, or watch Hector mercy rule somebody in a half then come home...

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: HF on October 23, 2014, 10:38:36 pm

I could update you from what's posted on here ha...I'm probably sitting at the house tomorrow night, or watch Hector mercy rule somebody in a half then come home...

Its no big deal. I can easily watch the scoreboard on here. Just wanted a play by play.. lol.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 23, 2014, 10:57:27 pm
Quote from: HF on October 23, 2014, 10:38:36 pm

Its no big deal. I can easily watch the scoreboard on here. Just wanted a play by play.. lol.

Does either school have an internet radio/video feed?

Proud Buckaroo

We have a radio broadcast that will not even pick up in the control room I work in. Tried downloading TuneIn app, but 106.5 will not pull up on it.

sax2play8

Bucks are at home tonight ready to desting the hornets. It's game day

Proud Buckaroo

With Smackover Jr bucks finishing off their season 5-2 with a 36-28 win last night against CHG jr. They will move them to the SR team. We will have 60 kids on our sideline for the rest of the season. Good luck tonight Bucks!!

Proud Buckaroo

Smackover receives the opening kick off!

Proud Buckaroo

Smackover went 3 and out. Punted the ball. Smashed the receiver, and recoverd the fumble.

Proud Buckaroo

Proud Buckaroo

Smackover just scored again off a 78 yard pass to Jordan Jones.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas