• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Forrest City @ Nettleton

Started by A D M, October 17, 2014, 10:36:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

A D M

The battle for third place. I say Nettleton by 7.

Intelligentsia

michael2370

I have seen both play Batesville this year.  Both are great teams and should make the playoffs.  That being said I think Nettleton wears Forrest City down.  Nettleton 28. FC 21

justalionfan

playmaker04

MDXPHD

Quote from: justajacketfan on October 17, 2014, 11:48:57 pm
Could be battle for 2nd

lol.  Now Wynne might get 3rd in conference?  You Wynne fans are hilarious.

walkingguy72396

Should be most interesting game in the East this week.  The Winner will have a legit shot for 2nd. 

Who will it be?

I'm taking Nettleton at home.  In a close one.  34-24.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on October 19, 2014, 03:14:06 pm
Should be most interesting game in the East this week.  The Winner will have a legit shot for 2nd. 

Who will it be?

I'm taking Nettleton at home.  In a close one.  34-24.

A shot at second - a ligit shot, I don't really think so.

walkingguy72396

It will set up which team gets a shot at 2nd.  How about that?

Intelligentsia

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on October 19, 2014, 03:46:37 pm

I'll buy that:).  I believe the team with the best shot is Nettleton.  If it cones to that and Nettleton play a great game, Wynne has an off night and/or a key injury, throw in a couple odd bounces, an upset at Nettleton is possible. It would be great for Nettleton to have the opportunity.  I think the game at Batesville this week will be exciting.  Although Blytheville did not have the season that looked possible early, they still have great athletes and a coach who is working hard to increase player responsibility and accountability.  They are not a team to be taken lightly, a fact that I'm confident is being driven home by coaches to a Pioneer team coming off an exceptionally emotional Wynne win!

hogwild_82

With three weeks to play we start seeing the playoff picture take shape. This week there is a lot on the line for both Nettleton and Forrest City. Both teams are still alive for the 2 seed with Wynne. Nettleton took care of GCT and Forrest City ran away late from Paragould. These two teams are both very athletic with speed to burn. This ought to be a great game come Friday in Jboro. Same song different verse for the Mustangs. Which team will show up, if the Mustangs play four quarters on both sides of the ball they could run away with it. However they still haven't done that, so I am going to say this comes down to the fourth quarter, in the last couple minutes.

Nettleton 21
FC          27

Chief-Chickasaw

Really hoping Nettleton wins this one and allows my Chicks back into the playoff hunt. I feel like we are a better team then we showed against Nettleton. I feel like we will lose at Batesville this week we beat Paragould and hopefully the Forest City game is for a birth in the playoffs.

Silver88

Quote from: Chief-Chickasaw on October 20, 2014, 04:20:30 pm
Really hoping Nettleton wins this one and allows my Chicks back into the playoff hunt. I feel like we are a better team then we showed against Nettleton. I feel like we will lose at Batesville this week we beat Paragould and hopefully the Forest City game is for a birth in the playoffs.
Blytheville can be really good or mediocre from what I have seen. You can't bring up the Nettleton game without bringing up the Green Co. Tech game as well. If they play like they are capable, hold down the turnovers and penalties this could be a good game and Blytheville will probably win. FC is doesn't play with consistenance either IMO. Best of luck to both teams ought to be a fun game no telling what will happen.

Chief-Chickasaw

GCT game was crazy at GCT. I'm not one to blame the Refs but they threw 22 flags on Blytheville and just 6 on GCT. I personally heard the ref yell at a GCT player to let go of the Blytheville player he was holding on the play and the Ref never threw the flag. That happened a lot in that game. We also gave up way to many long passes. And let them hang in the game and made it way closer then it should have been.

#1jacketfan

Quote from: Chief-Chickasaw on October 21, 2014, 03:07:54 pm
GCT game was crazy at GCT. I'm not one to blame the Refs but they threw 22 flags on Blytheville and just 6 on GCT. I personally heard the ref yell at a GCT player to let go of the Blytheville player he was holding on the play and the Ref never threw the flag. That happened a lot in that game. We also gave up way to many long passes. And let them hang in the game and made it way closer then it should have been.
That sounds like the same refs at the Wynne/Batesville game only it was 15 to 1..

Grond

Nettleton 42 - Forrest City 35.  If the game were at Forrest City, I would have the scores reversed.

Having seen both teams, i think FC has a better QB.  The Nettleton QB seems to struggle with his short passing game; his long passing is good, but FC has the speed to better defend the long ball.  Both schools have a good running back; I give Nettleton the edge, because their RB is more powerful, and just as fast. Nettleton has better linebackers, but FC has better DB's.

If the QB's play equal, the home field advantage will help Nettleton win out.  But if one QB is off, his team is out.

hogwild_82

Game Day baby!! Safe travels to all tonight!!

This is going to be an exciting battle of two very similar teams! I can't wait til kickoff!

Good luck Mustangs! Play 4 quarters on both sides of the ball and you will come away victorious!!
If you don't play that way you could be looking forward to a battle for a four seed! That's not what you want!

A D M

Let's go Raiders this game is yours. Raider Pride Is Justified!

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Intelligentsia on October 19, 2014, 04:47:21 pm

I'll buy that:).  I believe the team with the best shot is Nettleton.  If it cones to that and Nettleton play a great game, Wynne has an off night and/or a key injury, throw in a couple odd bounces, an upset at Nettleton is possible. It would be great for Nettleton to have the opportunity.  I think the game at Batesville this week will be exciting.  Although Blytheville did not have the season that looked possible early, they still have great athletes and a coach who is working hard to increase player responsibility and accountability.  They are not a team to be taken lightly, a fact that I'm confident is being driven home by coaches to a Pioneer team coming off an exceptionally emotional Wynne win!

Batesville v. Blytheville is the textbook definition of a trap game.

FD4

Agreement here as well.  Several teams from various districts are entering into their version of "Murderers Row".  Wynne started theirs last week, and for the record, I thought Batesville took care of business and we commited too many mistakes.  Thats how it goes.  Batesville has to get by Blytheville, from there is should be a cake walk.  Wynne on the other hand are playing three teams with nothing to lose and everything to gain by beating us, especially Forrest City, huge rival game, those guys love to beat us more than Batesville.

A D M

What a game! The most exciting game I've seen all year!

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: FD4 on October 24, 2014, 04:03:26 pm
especially Forrest City, huge rival game, those guys love to beat us more than Batesville.

Being that they're suing us, running the score up may be called for in this case.

A D M

They may be banged up. They had several player go down during game. I hope they are all doing ok.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on October 24, 2014, 02:18:23 pm
Quote from: Intelligentsia on October 19, 2014, 04:47:21 pm

Batesville v. Blytheville is the textbook definition of a trap game.

WTH? Turns out there was no letdown after the big game last week.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas