• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs 2014 Season

Started by MSHS FAn, July 27, 2014, 01:13:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think the regular season reacord will be and where will we be in the postseason??

12-0
1 (2.6%)
11-1
0 (0%)
10-2
0 (0%)
9-3
0 (0%)
8-4
2 (5.3%)
7-5
5 (13.2%)
6-6
11 (28.9%)
5-7
4 (10.5%)
4-8
9 (23.7%)
3-9
6 (15.8%)
2-10
3 (7.9%)
1-11
0 (0%)
0-12
0 (0%)
SEC CHAMPIONSHIP?
2 (5.3%)
College Football Playoff?
0 (0%)
College Football Championship Game?
0 (0%)
National Champions
2 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 38

cuckoobird

I give them credit, they arent quiting, but we dont have enough time left to score that many points.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Bama was clearly looking ahead to A&M...

fastdrop

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on October 18, 2014, 05:39:15 pm
Quote from: Moonshiner on October 18, 2014, 05:25:34 pm
Quote from: fastdrop on October 18, 2014, 04:31:18 pm
Guess the rock can't even help this pitiful ancient run it up the gut Hog team. I feel sorry for the real fans.

"Real fans"??  I'd have to hear your definition of that.
From what I read on here (when we are playing bad) I'm not sure we have many "real" fans.
Haven't heard much the past 3 weeks when we've lined up with the big boys and played well. It's like some of you just wait for these KIDS to play bad so you can hammer them.  All from the comfort of your couches. Or blame the coaches, who in my opinion have done some of the best coaching in the country.  I realize they are adults and are fair game.  But we, as adults, get on here and say some of the most horrible things about guys that are in their early 20s.
We are playing bad and Georgia looks like the best team we've played.
Real fans??

sometimes the truth hurts...this Arkansas team is bad, better than last years though. Are we improved? Sure we are, but that doesn't help and moral victories are for losers. Some people call it like they see it and don't watch games with razorback colored glasses. I have suffered through the good times and the bad, but I will never say we are good when we are not...sorry if that hurts yours or anyone else's feelings. People get especially upset when someone hammers the Razorbacks, but like I said...the truth hurts. Judging who is a hog fan and who isn't is just plain stupid. Why is someone not a hog fan just because they don't think we are good? Just like basketball, still love the hogs but under Heath and Pel we were atrocious. Can you really argue that? Different people show their love in different ways...I love the hogs but think we are a long way off, and moral victories don't do it for me...and guess what, I am a Dallas Cowboy fan also so you can imagine what I have been going through...
Exactly. Not like we have not been there and done that. Except I don't love the Hogs. Kind of an Ole Miss or Miss. State fan this year. =)

WPWells

Then you aren't welcome here. Bye

AirWarren

I would rather have Ebola than to watch another 1st half like this of Razorback football.

AirWarren

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 18, 2014, 05:55:18 pm

Don't mind the idiot. He does this all the time.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 18, 2014, 05:55:18 pm
why is he not welcome? Because his opinion is different than yours? What's your favorite color? There may be some on here that isn't the same...we should ban them also...

cuckoobird

I laugh when i see immature adults want people gone because someone has a different opinion. And thats exactly what it is, immaturity

Brian G

The trolling is noticeable by game and play. In a way it makes me appreciate the others who don't micromanage and live play to play.

When it's bad, there are handful that need to show up and act-a-fool under the disguise of realism.  With one exception, it's simply a character flaw.  These fools show me how not to be.

They circled the waters when this game was lost and desired more of the same for the second half.  Yet, the Hogs have done an admirable job of maturing in the second half.  Thus, less negative posts during this window of time.

Get your shots in now.  Ignore the good plays and the good things.  Bemoan how bad it's made your life while seemingly enjoying the difficulty of the present with asinine posts.

Lines are firmly drawn. DO NOT get on our wagon when we get traction.

As for the rest, you're appreciated as fans but even more so as humans.  The pain of losing is temporary. The acts of trolling is permanent.

Good day all!  Love my Hogs today as much as anyone.

Brian G

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 18, 2014, 06:19:13 pm
I laugh when i see immature adults want people gone because someone has a different opinion. And thats exactly what it is, immaturity

It's more than that.  Its about what is allowed on here and what is not.  You and the others don't like, then leave.  You're free to stand on the roof of your home and shout out your perfection viewpoints to the world.

urban legend2

Hogs didn't quit, but there's a difference in intensity when you're up 32 at the half.

BrianfromCarlisle

We are SOOOOOOOO close to being there. Yet so far away!!!  Dang it.  Our glaring weaknesses are so very glaring

WPWells

Just dug too deep of a hole. Still proud of my Hogs

Indiana Jones

Nothing positive about that performance

ricepig

Quote from: Indiana Jones on October 18, 2014, 06:35:37 pm

Nope, not really, it seemed after the extra point was blocked, it was over. I'm still holding out for my 6 wins until it's not mathematically possible. Oh well, off to supper on the town.

WPWells

Wins:

UAB
LSU
Missouri

Upset:

Ole Miss

Brian G

Quote from: Indiana Jones on October 18, 2014, 06:35:37 pm

Close to correct. But tell me you didn't see 60-13 at the half.  "Nothing" is a bit too broad.

No one is happy.  No one is satisfied.  It's just a matter of how you express it.

Coach Venny Slocombe

6 wins will be tough...hope I contributed there...

BrianfromCarlisle

The second half showed fight. That is at least something. These guys actually act like they are sick of losing.

Brian G

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on October 18, 2014, 06:50:09 pm
6 wins will be tough...hope I contributed there...

That's better. ;) 

Romeo

Bielema said in his post game conference that Korliss Marshall will not play for about 3 or 4 weeks for violation of team rules.

Brian G

Quote from: Romeo on October 18, 2014, 06:53:31 pm
Bielema said in his post game conference that Korliss Marshall will not play for about 3 or 4 weeks for violation of team rules.
Major one.

Romeo

Not sure what Marshall did, but it sounds like he's on his last strike with Bielema. It must have been pretty significant because he'll pretty much sit out the rest of the season. Big loss for the Hogs.

BrianfromCarlisle

Yet, that is how it should be handled.

Hoghead

Quote from: AirWarren on October 18, 2014, 06:05:39 pm
I would rather have Ebola than to watch another 1st half like this of Razorback football.
Please....!!!!! You better take that 1st quarter. Ebola will make sure you wont see anymore 1st quarters !!!

fastdrop

blue4hire

All BB wants to be or do is smash mouth football.  All Chaney wants to do is throw it around the yard. More than anything, this team is lacking an identity.  That has to be corrected before this team can even begin to think about winning a conference game and going bowling.  It doesn't matter how good or bad the players are if the coaches can't develop and stick to a game plan that fits the personnel that they have assembled.

AirWarren

Brandon, as shown by his passing in the second half, is more comfortable in a spread offense. I wish he had 3 reliable and even 2 deep threats besides derby and Henry. I feel he would flourish if he had threats on the edge. The running game is there but we can't put it all on the two backs.

I think if Allen is in shotgun with WRs, we would be seeing a different Allen. He has no one that can get adequate separation.

There is still hope for the season. We have no depth. We have no huge playmakers. We have to get better recruits to help the quarterback out.

What I saw was the difference today was:
1. The penalties. Dumb ones.
2. Offensive line was horrid today.
3. Same can be said for special teams.
4. Philon not playing in first half. And no Ellis. Mitchell getting tossed and toliver getting hurt. We don't have the depth to lose people.
5. Our defense was very out of it today. Partly because I think Ellis plays a huge part in alignment and leadership 

My two cents. Still have games to play. We can do it. Just gotta play 4 full quarters which we have not. Why we can't, that's anyone's guess. I have my theories.

Hoghead

When people from Anchorage to Albany know all you're going to do is pound the run its easy to scheme against you. Cut off the run and sit back watch your passing game sink you. In this system of College Football you have to be equally yoked in the pass & run games. Until then you will suffer ! I hate the fact that the Kansas States of the college football world are better than the Hogs !

fastdrop

Quote from: B.G. on October 18, 2014, 06:19:43 pm
The trolling is noticeable by game and play. In a way it makes me appreciate the others who don't micromanage and live play to play.

When it's bad, there are handful that need to show up and act-a-fool under the disguise of realism.  With one exception, it's simply a character flaw.  These fools show me how not to be.

They circled the waters when this game was lost and desired more of the same for the second half.  Yet, the Hogs have done an admirable job of maturing in the second half.  Thus, less negative posts during this window of time.

Get your shots in now.  Ignore the good plays and the good things.  Bemoan how bad it's made your life while seemingly enjoying the difficulty of the present with asinine posts.

Lines are firmly drawn. DO NOT get on our wagon when we get traction.

As for the rest, you're appreciated as fans but even more so as humans.  The pain of losing is temporary. The acts of trolling is permanent.

Good day all!  Love my Hogs today as much as anyone.

Hoghead

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 18, 2014, 06:40:15 pm
Wins:

UAB
LSU
Missouri

Upset:

Ole Miss

Meanwhile at Larry's Liquor Emporium & Fairy Tale Lounge....

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: Hoghead on October 19, 2014, 10:54:29 am
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 18, 2014, 06:40:15 pm
Wins:

UAB
LSU
Missouri

Upset:

Ole Miss

Meanwhile at Larry's Liquor Emporium & Fairy Tale Lounge....
we will not beat either Mississippi team, toss up games with LSU and Mizzou...UAB is a gimme, trouble is going to be keeping focus after so many losses...

WPWells

I guess I live in fairy tale land, but it feels to me like we have an upset in us this year. I feel like we're more likely to upset Ole Miss in Fayetteville so that's why I'm projecting that as an upset

urban legend2

And UAB should be a gimme...emphasis on should because they are a better team than they were. Other than that, there are no other surefire victories.

Moonshiner

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 19, 2014, 02:31:48 pm
I guess I live in fairy tale land, but it feels to me like we have an upset in us this year. I feel like we're more likely to upset Ole Miss in Fayetteville so that's why I'm projecting that as an upset

I agree with you but I'm afraid we missed two upset chances already.
Last week Alabama was begging us to beat them. They just don't know ... yet.. how to take advantage of the breaks we are given.

Hoghead

Next season is what the Hogs need to use the next games for. The UAB game is winnable. LSU, Mizzou are toss ups. Ole Miss and MSU are grown men SEC teams that the Hogs will not beat. Basketball season is almost here for UA.

Moonshiner

What was Mississippi States record last year?

cuckoobird

Quote from: Moonshiner on October 20, 2014, 08:15:08 am
What was Mississippi States record last year?
IDK but they went bowling

WPWells

Finished 7-6 with a bowl win

blue4hire

I think they were 4-6 coming into WMS, beat us in OT, and won the egg bowl a week later to get bowl eligible.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: Hoghead on October 19, 2014, 10:55:38 pm
Next season is what the Hogs need to use the next games for. The UAB game is winnable. LSU, Mizzou are toss ups. Ole Miss and MSU are grown men SEC teams that the Hogs will not beat. Basketball season is almost here for UA.
i had the hogs winning 4... UAB we win, but LSU is getting better and Mizzou looked good Saturday...

urban legend2

I had them for 4 as well.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on October 20, 2014, 10:34:24 pm
Quote from: Hoghead on October 19, 2014, 10:55:38 pm
i had the hogs winning 4... UAB we win, but LSU is getting better and Mizzou looked good Saturday...
I started off with two wins but quickly changed to 4 or 5 after watching the aubi game. I think it will be 4 now

fastdrop

The Hogs will get a SEC win this year.

Coach Venny Slocombe

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on October 22, 2014, 08:51:15 pm
Quote from: fastdrop on October 22, 2014, 04:23:03 pm
The Hogs will get a SEC win this year.
who?

Not my prediction, but If I had to pick one, Mizzou possibly LSU, just because of our past history of upsetting them in the unlikeliest of years...

Valleysports

Beating LSU won't be an upset!

Jacketman65

At this point, whoever the hogs beat in the SEC will be an upset!  WE are 0-and counting!

Hoghead

Quote from: Valleysports on October 23, 2014, 10:20:55 pm
Beating LSU won't be an upset!

Yes it would be. These LSU folks down here are talking smack about keeping the Hogs on their losing streak.

urban legend2

Yeah, it'd be an upset. Naturally if they're ranked, but more importantly, the fact that they are generally suppose to win. They aren't the ones staring at a long losing streak within the conference.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas