• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The All Soccer Thread(US soccer, EPL, European leagues, Spanish/Mexican leagues.)

Started by AirWarren, August 02, 2015, 09:00:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Longfellow

As well as we played in 2014, I was really looking forward to this World Cup. This is the most frustrating team of which to be a fan

VHSCoach2

Wholesale changes are needed from the top to the bottom.  All the way from the USSF on down.  From the President of the organization all the way down to ending the 'pay to play' method which has encapsulated youth sports.

VHSCoach2

Multiple reports are saying that Manchester City are ready to "smash the world record transfer fee" to bring in Lionel Messi.

AirWarren

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on October 11, 2017, 11:07:13 am
Multiple reports are saying that Manchester City are ready to "smash the world record transfer fee" to bring in Lionel Messi.

Gah. Gag.

Those oil money arabs can and will do it too.

BigLion10

beach bum

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on October 11, 2017, 11:16:03 am
Gah. Gag.

Those oil money arabs can and will do it too.

Endless pocket books from those owners in Qatar, Bahrain, UAE, and Saudi Arabia....

Longfellow

VHSCoach2

War Eagle

Is the problem really the managers though? I feel like we do this over and over again where the US will drastically under perform and every says the manager is trash. We will just keep cycling through managers and placing the blame on them for the teams woes.

beach bum

Quote from: War Eagle on October 13, 2017, 09:23:26 pm
Is the problem really the managers though? I feel like we do this over and over again where the US will drastically under perform and every says the manager is trash. We will just keep cycling through managers and placing the blame on them for the teams woes.

It's the soccer culture all together... Twellman on ESPN said it all best. We are such entitled babies as players compared to the rest of the world.

War Eagle

Absolutely, people immediately want to fire the managers. Klinnsman was very well respected as a manager before he came to the US. Did he suddenly forget how to coach?  Bruce Arena led the US to their most successful WV run in 2002. Did he suddenly forget how to coach? I saw ESPN showing potential hires for the USMNT and sure enough they were all MLS managers. The US will under perform again at some point in the next 4 years and everyone will want to fire that manager. It's the same song, just a different verse.

Longfellow

Quote from: War Eagle on October 13, 2017, 09:36:59 pm
Absolutely, people immediately want to fire the managers. Klinnsman was very well respected as a manager before he came to the US. Did he suddenly forget how to coach?  Bruce Arena led the US to their most successful WV run in 2002. Did he suddenly forget how to coach? I saw ESPN showing potential hires for the USMNT and sure enough they were all MLS managers. The US will under perform again at some point in the next 4 years and everyone will want to fire that manager. It's the same song, just a different verse.
In my opinion, Klinsmann should've never been fired

beach bum

Quote from: Longfellow on October 13, 2017, 09:39:25 pm
In my opinion, Klinsmann should've never been fired

I agree.... he was making people actually fight for their positions and not just hand them to the MLS guys.

VHSCoach2

I love that Crystal Palace's first goal of the season happened against Chelsea today.

Longfellow

Bournemouth and Crystal Palace are the two teams I support. They are ranked 19th and 20th. I made a great choice

Longfellow

Longfellow

Quote from: Longfellow on October 14, 2017, 10:37:33 am
Defoe ties it up!!!
Or not. I got notifications that Defoe scored and then the final said 1-0 Spurs. I'm confused

AirWarren

VHSCoach2

beach bum

Man City.... Wow. Kevin De Bruyne is the best passer on the planet right now the form he is in. I just watched the highlights and most of those goals he either assisted or was the pass that set the whole score up. Him and Silva have been doing that all season for Man City.

beach bum

Quote from: Longfellow on October 14, 2017, 10:11:19 am
Bournemouth and Crystal Palace are the two teams I support. They are ranked 19th and 20th. I made a great choice

I like Palace too.... I still have faith they will win enough to stay up in the EPL.

beach bum

All 5 Premier League teams sit atop of their respective Champions League groups.... It's nice to see the EPL reassert itself where it should be on a worldwide scale. I think they all will make it out of their group too. Everyone except Liverpool looks to be advancing half way through comfortably to the round of 16. I am dreaming of seeing 4 of the final 8 be Premier League clubs.

AirWarren

VHSCoach2

Longfellow

As part of his campaign for president of U.S. Soccer, Eric Wynalda said he wants to bring a promotion/relegation system into MLS

VHSCoach2

Quote from: Longfellow on October 21, 2017, 05:27:18 pm
As part of his campaign for president of U.S. Soccer, Eric Wynalda said he wants to bring a promotion/relegation system into MLS

Long overdue.

beach bum

Quote from: Longfellow on October 21, 2017, 05:27:18 pm

I love it... The thought of Tulsa or OKC getting an MLS team if promoted in time sounds amazing...

beach bum

What in the world is going on at Everton.... Koeman literally bought a bunch of players that all play the same..... There is no speed on that club and it is showing.

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on October 22, 2017, 07:50:51 pm
What in the world is going on at Everton.... Koeman literally bought a bunch of players that all play the same..... There is no speed on that club and it is showing.

I'm heading this morning the manager was fired.

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on October 24, 2017, 06:40:02 am
I'm heading this morning the manager was fired.

Wow, that was fast.... Almost as fast as the Phoenix Suns coach only making it 3 games in the NBA. EPL is a different animal because of relegation. Everton has played their roughest patch of schedule by far so I don't see them getting to the point of being relegated. Simply having easier fixtures the last 29 matches of the season will help them at least get up to 12th or 13th or so.

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on October 24, 2017, 09:06:56 am
Wow, that was fast.... Almost as fast as the Phoenix Suns coach only making it 3 games in the NBA. EPL is a different animal because of relegation. Everton has played their roughest patch of schedule by far so I don't see them getting to the point of being relegated. Simply having easier fixtures the last 29 matches of the season will help them at least get up to 12th or 13th or so.

I wish our AD had a sack like EPL owners etc.

1-Adam-12

They over-reacted, IMO. Still, I can see why they might have done it.  A home loss to Burnley and shipping five to Arsenal, also at home, can't make the fans happy.

AirWarren

Go Postal

Watching Arkansas Ladybacks in first round against Ole Miss on SEC Network.  Pretty good last 10 minutes.  Ark 1 Ole Miss 0.

AirWarren

beach bum

Quote from: Go Postal on October 29, 2017, 05:41:22 pm
Watching Arkansas Ladybacks in first round against Ole Miss on SEC Network.  Pretty good last 10 minutes.  Ark 1 Ole Miss 0.

Nice win and I caught most of that match... Both teams could have had a couple more goals. Both teams missed some chances to make this higher scoring on both sides. South Carolina will be tough next game.

1-Adam-12

Woah....

Spurs beat Real Madrid 3-1, and from what I have heard it could have been much worse.

beach bum

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on November 01, 2017, 05:20:42 pm
Woah....

Spurs beat Real Madrid 3-1, and from what I have heard it could have been much worse.

The Premier League dominated today....

beach bum

Arkansas women have advanced to the SEC title game just now beating Vanderbilt in the semifinals.... They were probably not going to make the NCAA tournament until they made this run including their quarterfinal win over the #1 seed in the SEC overall, South Carolina. Winning 3 matches in a 5 day span is impressive. Luckily, now they get an extra day of rest before the finals compared to these last two matches. That coach we have is very good and recruited quite well.

1-Adam-12

Let this sink in...

At this point in the season all three EPL promoted teams reside within the top 11 of the table.

Burnley has as many points as Chelsea.

And Everton is in 19th.

Topsy-turvy.

AirWarren

beach bum

Sunderland are last in the table in the Championship after being in the Premier League just last year....  Wow.

redsport27

beach bum

Quote from: redsport27 on November 07, 2017, 10:23:31 pm
Can anybody handle Man City?

In the Premier League over a 38 match slate... I definitely think the only thing that is stopping that train is if Kevin De Bruyne gets hurt and maybe another key player. If not Man City is going to win the league by 10+ points if they stay healthy. In the Champions League, all it takes it one team like PSG, Barcelona, or Real Madrid to have a hot match and beat them solidly in one of the legs and hold on solid the next match. But I even think they are the favorite in that, but will be much harder in that 2 leg playoff format. I swear sometimes it looks like they're playing pin ball how well they pass on the ground with players like De Bruyne and Silva right now playing the best they ever have. And welcome down to the soccer thread. You may have posted down here before and I just haven't noticed, but its nice to see some more people post down here. Surprisingly, I don't think any of us who post commonly down here are Man City fans. I'm just admiring at their current form though.

redsport27

Quote from: beach bum on November 07, 2017, 10:37:07 pm
In the Premier League over a 38 match slate... I definitely think the only thing that is stopping that train is if Kevin De Bruyne gets hurt and maybe another key player. If not Man City is going to win the league by 10+ points if they stay healthy. In the Champions League, all it takes it one team like PSG, Barcelona, or Real Madrid to have a hot match and beat them solidly in one of the legs and hold on solid the next match. But I even think they are the favorite in that, but will be much harder in that 2 leg playoff format. I swear sometimes it looks like they're playing pin ball how well they pass on the ground with players like De Bruyne and Silva right now playing the best they ever have. And welcome down to the soccer thread. You may have posted down here before and I just haven't noticed, but its nice to see some more people post down here. Surprisingly, I don't think any of us who post commonly down here are Man City fans. I'm just admiring at their current form though.
Thank you! And I'm not really a Man City fan. I'm a Bayern fan. I admire Robben on the right wing and how he can finish with his left foot. I'm a lefty and I wish I could have the curl he possesses. But yeah, the prem hasn't had much success in the Champions League. It's always a team from Spain claiming supremacy. I think this could be the year some team from England or Germany (maybe because I'm a Bayern fan) could dethrone Real Madrid. I mean look at Spurs! They comfortably beat Madrid behind Dele Alli. I can't wait how the rest of the champions league turns out. But back to my question, Man City is HOT now. They can easily win the league with games to spare if they keep up their current form. Everyone in the starting XI is contributing to the cause and that is what is allowing them to succeed so far. I just want to see them play a quality team from Spain, Italy, Germany or even France. That is where we will see their true form shine. I'm pleased with them so far.

beach bum

Quote from: redsport27 on November 08, 2017, 04:25:52 pm
Thank you! And I'm not really a Man City fan. I'm a Bayern fan. I admire Robben on the right wing and how he can finish with his left foot. I'm a lefty and I wish I could have the curl he possesses. But yeah, the prem hasn't had much success in the Champions League. It's always a team from Spain claiming supremacy. I think this could be the year some team from England or Germany (maybe because I'm a Bayern fan) could dethrone Real Madrid. I mean look at Spurs! They comfortably beat Madrid behind Dele Alli. I can't wait how the rest of the champions league turns out. But back to my question, Man City is HOT now. They can easily win the league with games to spare if they keep up their current form. Everyone in the starting XI is contributing to the cause and that is what is allowing them to succeed so far. I just want to see them play a quality team from Spain, Italy, Germany or even France. That is where we will see their true form shine. I'm pleased with them so far.

Bayern is certainly starting to hit their stride. I think they are finally clicking like they should. I was a little worried for a bit questioning what was going in Munich and Dortmund too...

redsport27

Quote from: beach bum on November 09, 2017, 06:23:57 pm
Bayern is certainly starting to hit their stride. I think they are finally clicking like they should. I was a little worried for a bit questioning what was going in Munich and Dortmund too...
I think Bayern's win against Dortmund the other day was much needed. I think that game gave them a little confidence going forward. I doubt they will win the champions league this year because their depth doesn't run as far as teams like Madrid. I hope they can concentrate on keeping their reign in Germany alive.

beach bum

Tunisia and Morocco are a little bit of surprises as they have booked Africa's last WC spots. Along with Egypt, northern Africa took the thunder from usually strong west Africa. Also, Sweden surprised Italy winning 1-0 in Sweden yesterday. That means now if Sweden can score a goal in Italy all they have to do is lose by 1 goal and they will win on the away goal difference. Imagine Italy not in the World Cup either.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas