• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A East Region @ Carlisle

Started by True Fan, February 22, 2014, 11:47:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

True Fan

Girls

#1 Brinkley
#4 Cutter Morning Star

#2 Magnet Cove
#3 Hughes

#1 England
#4 Des Arc

#2 Carlisle
#3 Poyen

I think the 2A-5 qualifies three to state. Brinkley, England, MC, and Poyen win the first round.

Boys

#1 Clarendon
#4 Mt Pine

#2 Cutter Morning Star
#3 Hughes

#1 England
#4 Hazen

#2 Brinkley
#3 Poyen

I don't have a clue. England is head and shoulders above the rest of the 2A-5.

MomaLion

I see England, Clarendon, Brinkley and??? for boys.

MomaLion

For girls, I think you are underestimating Carlisle...they are tough AND play at home.

True Fan

Quote from: MomaLion on February 22, 2014, 11:56:02 pm
For girls, I think you are underestimating Carlisle...they are tough AND play at home.

;D Maybe, a little. There is no doubt that they will be tough. It would just be too easy to go with the top seeds.
Poyen has speed and bigs. They play great defense. I think that they will make it a game. Plus, we have an intense rivalry with them on the court. Yet, the girls will sit together and hang out between games. It's really more of a homer call. I want them to win, so I picked them. ;) 

Cheek

Carlisle has a very good girls team that can win the region.  They do have a tough draw for the first round.  Poyen is vey well coached, and matches up well with Carlisle.  This game will not be a track meet like playing Brinkley, England, Hughes or CMS.  Poyen will pass until they get an open shot, and crash the boards for a rebound.  This will be a technical game and who makes their shoots wins.  Second chance baskets on either end will be tough.

MomaLion

If they pass the ball too much around Carlisle or Brinkley they will take it. Trust me, they will force you to play their run n gun game.

BrianfromCarlisle

BrianfromCarlisle

Boys will be England and top 3 from 6

mtindian42

MomaLion

Hazen boys beat Des Arc for the #4 seed.

mtindian42

des arc had a down year tho right?

MomaLion

Des Arc played hit or miss.  If D Spencer was on and their number 0 was on, they could rack up the 3s but they were often not on.

Lions84

Clarendon Dumped MT Pine last night.

BigLion10

Hughes 24
Magnet Cove 21
Half girls

True Fan

MomaLion

Hughes leading CMS 38-35 @ half.

BrianfromCarlisle

keohog

MomaLion

MomaLion

Poyen defeated Carlisle girls 56-54.

True Fan

BrianfromCarlisle

February 27, 2014, 08:51:17 pm #21 Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 09:11:53 pm by BrianfromCarlisle
Congrats Poyen!  Go get em!!   I want to say that I am so proud of the Carlisle senior girls.  They have had to put up with a lot over their careers.  Hold your heads up!   And Faith Walker absolutely deserves a shot at playing at the next level.
And #10.  I love you baby sis!!

MomaLion

MomaLion

Brinkley is leading Poyen 26-20 @ half.

Lions84

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on February 27, 2014, 08:51:17 pm
Congrats Poyen!  Go get em!!   I want to say that I am so proud of the Carlisle senior girls.  They have had to put up with a lot over their careers.  Hold your heads up!   And Faith Walker absolutely deserves a shot at playing at the next level.
And #10.  I love you baby sis!!

Tough loss for the Lady Bison.

jdwalk

Brinkley won against Poyen 54-52

MomaLion

Lions84

keohog

Good luck to the Purple Lions and MC tonight.

MomaLion

Good luck to Clarendon and Brinkley :-)

keohog

Classless Brinkley fan had to be called down by police for talking directly to one of the England players.

MomaLion

Brinkley 33
England 26 going into the 4th

True Fan

Quote from: keohog on February 28, 2014, 09:14:42 pm
Classless Brinkley fan had to be called down by police for talking directly to one of the England players.

They cuff em and stuff em in England for that. ;D

MomaLion

It was nothing...but these refs are AWFUL!!! Brinkley is having to play double time to make up for the bad calls.

True Fan

Quote from: MomaLion on February 28, 2014, 09:41:14 pm
It was nothing...but these refs are AWFUL!!! Brinkley is having to play double time to make up for the bad calls.

Yea, I know that feeling.

BigLion10

See what you mean Brian Brinkley fans are a whole lot worse than the players

jbtiger73

Been away, waaaaay too long. But momma, im back. And I know yall ain't talking about bad fans. Where the heck is this clarendon-england final yall been talking about for weeks. Step aside , Monroe county will take it over from here. And I know brian aint talking about bad sportsmanship. That one girl from last night against poyen just stormed off the floor without shaking hands. Yall know if that had been us, mr. Brian would have ripped us from limb to limb on here. So im here waiting on the insults from u guys. So come on. I know yall got something for me.

BigLion10

Congrats to Brinkley boys on a hard fought win yall deserved it we flat out played like crap and we lost plain and simple

Cheek

February 28, 2014, 11:08:54 pm #38 Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 11:11:54 pm by Cheek
Quote from: jbtiger73 on February 28, 2014, 11:00:02 pm
Been away, waaaaay too long. But momma, im back. And I know yall ain't talking about bad fans. Where the heck is this clarendon-england final yall been talking about for weeks. Step aside , Monroe county will take it over from here. And I know brian aint talking about bad sportsmanship. That one girl from last night against poyen just stormed off the floor without shaking hands. Yall know if that had been us, mr. Brian would have ripped us from limb to limb on here. So im here waiting on the insults from u guys. So come on. I know yall got something for me.

Hats off to Brinkley.  They really showed up to play and England did not.  There was only one Brinkley fan that was out of line, but there is one in every group.  I also noticed the girl run off the floor without shaking hands, and it was a classless act. I was told this was not the first time this has happened. Good luck to Brinkley at State.

jbtiger73

Well thank u my friend. And I definitely know we have a few that get out of hand. You can't mistake passion, for ignorance.  I love my tigers, and I've yelled at a few refs. But never anything crazy like what happend tonight. I was there Thursday night, but not Friday. So what happend?

MomaLion

I wasn't talking about Brinkley..I was cheering for them...very loudly lol. I wanted a Monroe Co playoff.
I didn't think Brinkley fans were any worse than England and certainly weren't worse than Poyen!!! They argued for their players just like every team does.

jbtiger73

jbtiger73

Hey cheek. Found out who the fan was. He told me that a england fan was sitting in Brinkley's section and she got on him because he was yelling at the refs. And she told him to calm down, it doesn't take all of that. And he told her, why the heck are u in our section anyway. So she got the police involved. But nothing happend to him tho. They told him to ignore her

Cheek

Quote from: MomaLion on February 28, 2014, 11:34:25 pm
I wasn't talking about Brinkley..I was cheering for them...very loudly lol. I wanted a Monroe Co playoff.
I didn't think Brinkley fans were any worse than England and certainly weren't worse than Poyen!!! They argued for their players just like every team does.

Now momalion,  I do not think you are being completely honest.  Clarendon wanted a chance to even the score with England as we are the only blemish on your record. I know we lost tonight, but we are still 1-0 aganist Clarendon and 2-1 aganist Brinkley.  The season is not over, so  England has to get ready for Hughes, and prepare for State.

Cheek

Quote from: jbtiger73 on February 28, 2014, 11:52:38 pm
Hey cheek. Found out who the fan was. He told me that a england fan was sitting in Brinkley's section and she got on him because he was yelling at the refs. And she told him to calm down, it doesn't take all of that. And he told her, why the heck are u in our sect anyway. So she got the police involved. But nothing happend to him tho. They told him to ignore her

Not completely correct.  The fan was talking directly to the players on the bench, and was making fun of them.  He was also talking trash to the players, and calling them out by number. I think you could expect this from some student sections, but not a grown man. He was completely out of line, but he was the only one. The lady in question is the wife of one of the Coaches, and it is typical for them to sit behind the bench.

bigworm

I'm sure you weren't sitting close enough to hear what was being yelled to England players on the court and on the bench by the guy from Brinkley. England may have been rowdy and yelling at officials like every team I've ever seen does, but I promise you didn't hear grown people yelling derogatory comments to any player on brinkleys team. You are mistaken if you think England fans were as bad as the one idiot from brinkley. Brinkley beat us fair and square and deserve the credit, but bad calls came on both ends of that court. I can remember several times we would drive and get knocked to the floor with no whistle and brinkley get an and 1 on the other end on a ticky tack touch foul. Refs didn't decide it. Our poor play did. Just be glad you don't have to play us mom.  ;D

jbtiger73

See, he didn't tell me all that. Yea, u can't talk bad to players. I've had to calm him down before during football season.

MomaLion

Quote from: Cheek on February 28, 2014, 11:53:28 pm

Now momalion,  I do not think you are being completely honest.  Clarendon wanted a chance to even the score with England as we are the only blemish on your record. I know we lost tonight, but we are still 1-0 aganist Clarendon and 2-1 aganist Brinkley.  The season is not over, so  England has to get ready for Hughes, and prepare for State.
Why don't you ask your England fans sitting on the home side who I was cheering for...very loudly and constantly :-) ...Yes, I'd love a rematch but ultimately we have the 1&2 coming out of the six and England lost to our#2 who we've beat 3 times. There is no doubt in my mind that if we had played y'all tonight, we would have won.

keohog

Quote from: jbtiger73 on March 01, 2014, 12:10:27 am
See, he didn't tell me all that. Yea, u can't talk bad to players. I've had to calm him down before during football season.
A fan shouldn't talk directly to a player from the other team period , much less taunt them.

keohog

Quote from: MomaLion on March 01, 2014, 12:28:34 am
Quote from: Cheek on February 28, 2014, 11:53:28 pm
Was you sitting behind the man playing the music?

Why don't you ask your England fans sitting on the home side who I was cheering for...very loudly and constantly :-) ...Yes, I'd love a rematch but ultimately we have the 1&2 coming out of the six and England lost to our#2 who we've beat 3 times. There is no doubt in my mind that if we had played y'all tonight, we would have won.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas