• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Baseball Coach

Started by PUDGEMVP99, January 15, 2015, 08:46:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PUDGEMVP99

Hi there!  New to the board...hoping some of you guys can help me out with some advice...I'm a Non Traditional teaching candidate who will be getting my Masters in Teaching and hope to Coach Baseball.....I played in college and have been in management for 10 years....decided to pursue something where I can make an impact and change lives in a positive manner.....Advice...Where will I find a job?  What do I need to do? Thanks in advance guys

Michiganhog

Parkview and McClellan need baseball coaches now.

PUDGEMVP99

What do I need to do?  Obviously not ready to teach tomorrow, but hope to be ready to roll in August.....would love to hit the ground running ASAP, but need to obtain my certification.  Any background on those two opportunities? Why are they vacant?

billiemajor #1 (45 Counter Tre)

Quote from: PUDGEMVP99 on January 15, 2015, 09:11:16 pm
What do I need to do?  Obviously not ready to teach tomorrow, but hope to be ready to roll in August.....would love to hit the ground running ASAP, but need to obtain my certification.  Any background on those two opportunities? Why are they vacant?

Email Parkview or McClellan's AD or the district AD. Even though you are not a certified teacher, you can be a substitute teacher at the school where you will be coaching. They are both open because the district allows coaches to resign from coaching, but keep their teaching position. Neither school has hired a coach, so I am certain they would hire anyone. That's not to minimize you, but I am just saying you can get the job.

PUDGEMVP99

Where would I find that info (A.D. contact info)?  Thanks!

JohnBarleycorn

John Daniels is AD for LRSD. You can find his contact info on www.lrsd.org

PUDGEMVP99

Thanks guys!  Anyone know what happened to previous coaches?  I know Parkview had their best season in school history in '13, made state tournament and lost to greenwood after winning in first round.  I don't know much about Mcclellan.  I am going to check into both.  Thanks again!

way2go

If you pass the Praxis in some area, you can get a provisional license for a maximum of two years while you are working on your masters.

PUDGEMVP99

Yep...Know about Praxis and that won't be the problem...I was just curious as to what jobs might be coming open for next year...What is Parkview doing for a coach this year?  What about McClellan?  Thanks guys!

HogFan_87

If interested give Coach Boyd a call at 447-1780. He needs an assistant baseball coach for this season.

PUDGEMVP99

Sent you a PM Hog Fan.  Thanks for the info and please let me know.

bbishop

make sure to talk to the state board of eduction...its not just the praxis...i am currently attempting to jump through the hoops to do non-traditional cert.  I am a chemist...an area that is in need in the schools.  Its praxis, mentoring, and classes.  By what I was told by UCA if you are doing the MTA program without already having a BSE you are not suppose to teach at the same time.  I have looked at both options.

way2go

It's not true that you can't teach while working on your MAT. In fact, some schools won't let you enroll in the program unless you have a job. I know lots of people who did this. Maybe it's just UCA.

PUDGEMVP99

Yes, you can teach while you are working on MAT...as long as you have provisional license...do you guys know of any jobs that might be coming open after season?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas