• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A East region at Hazen

Started by BigLion10, February 21, 2016, 09:39:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheek

Magnet Cove won by 1, but I do not know the score.

Basketballfan21

Cheek

Quote from: Basketballfan21 on February 24, 2016, 05:55:41 pm
Carlisle loses by 1

Is that what I just posted. Carlisle has a very young team and should be a contender next year. I do not think they have a Sr. on the team.

bigworm

Them 5-2a girls are tuff. They should sweep.

HorseFeathers

Brinkley up 22-13 5 minutes til half-time

Basketballfan21

Basketballfan21

I agree cheek and I think they had one senior

Ventman

Great job MC. Carlisle girls keep your heads up and get better. It was a good game and could have gone either way.

Ventman

gatecrasher

Cutter Morning Star trying to hang out....
Down 24-23 to Brinkley at the half.

CMS could easily be leading. At least five missed layups.

jbtiger73

Sweet

HorseFeathers

Quote from: gatecrasher on February 24, 2016, 06:30:03 pm
Cutter Morning Star trying to hang out....
Down 24-23 to Brinkley at the half.

CMS could easily be leading. At least five missed layups.

Tied after 3

Bildo

Very proud of the Lady Bison. Congratulations on a great season. It was a tough one to lose. If there is a better game in this regional, I want to be there to see it. Hats off to MC. Many young players for the Bison stepped up and played big. Hate that this season is over but the future is bright

HorseFeathers

Brinkley uo 2 with a minute or so keft

HorseFeathers

jbtiger73

Heart skipped a few beats there. Lol. But I figured this would happen against a ball control, disciplined team. You cant play everyone the same and expect to win a title. You have to adjust as a coach and as a player. If there was a shot clock, then thats one thing. But congratulations to our guys. May this be a lesson for them.

Ventman

Cheek

mtindian42

Red Devils no match for the lions... Keep it going England.

Yak

Girls games: Carlisle Bison were tough! Game coulda went either way, especially when it looked like MC was trying to hand them the ball game. # 12 was a tall player that snagged several rebounds, # 10 was a driver...was not afraid to shoot. For MC, most of them seemed to play sporadic defense. #24 was a pretty dang good ball player, I think she had over half of MCs points, #1 and # 12 (I think) hit key shots when needed. Great game for fans, they got their money's worth.
Mt Pine game was a blow out. Same fans might not have been too happy with their money being spent on this one. #21 # 3 scored at will. The supporting cast seemed to have their roles and play them well. #11 from Augusta played with some heart. Augusta was just "out manned" and a typical 1 vs 4 seed

Yak

Boys game. Cutter had their chances....woulda, coulda, shoulda, and did I mention had their chances? It's really a shame this talented team is done for the year! As for Brinkley, they had a fast paced squad of athletes...it will be nice to watch them in championship game
England, well, people are still trying to figure out how to stop them. Big guy and #0 are a great combo. They will should be tough to beat and makes for a good showdown for the championship. Great HS boys basketball for sure.

MomaLion

Quote from: mtindian42 on February 24, 2016, 10:39:46 pm
Red Devils no match for the lions... Keep it going England.
Lol they were very evenly matched

gatecrasher

I saw a team in Brinkley that played like CMS was gonna lay down.
The Tigers were clearly the bigger, more physical team but the Eagles came in with nothing to lose and frankly could have won this game going away had they capitalized on chance after chance.

13 missed layups. Five or six of them were ridiculous.

Oh, and while I will not out the game on this, the possession call with 1:57 to play that happened right in front of me (Brinkley last touch on the baseline, ball was given to them when it was CLEAR that no Cutter player touched the basketball) was an absolute farce of a call in that situation.

CMS should have taken care of business and it would have Been over long before that....just felt it needed to be mentioned.

Eagles have only one senior. They'll be back. Gutty performance tonight.

bigworm

Quote from: MomaLion on February 24, 2016, 10:58:45 pm
Lol they were very evenly matched

I guess brinkley and cutter were too, huh? Our starting point guard was out 1 minute in or it would have been a massacre, mom.

keohog

February 24, 2016, 11:24:12 pm #75 Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 11:33:27 pm by keohog
Quote from: bigworm on February 24, 2016, 11:17:41 pm
I guess brinkley and cutter were too, huh? Our starting point guard was out 1 minute in or it would have been a massacre, mom.
Taken out by Augusta's big man more like it , Brayden did get hit that hard all year in football. How is he doing?

Cheek

I agree,  Brayden would have taken his guy to school every time down the floor if they tried to man him up.  England had two starters out early in the game.  One got poked in the eye and the other got trucked by the big kid.  The big kid fr Augusta was shooting NBA threes, and I do not think he missed.  Thompson put the team on his back and won the game.

If Mt Ida has their PG back tomorrow, Clarendon will have all they want. 

Bigditchlion

Thought we were gonna get a flag when our point guard was hit for a lose on the play. Oh yeah we are talking basketball. He was absolutely drilled by that big kid!

mtindian42

MomaLion

Quote from: gatecrasher on February 24, 2016, 11:09:01 pm
I saw a team in Brinkley that played like CMS was gonna lay down.
The Tigers were clearly the bigger, more physical team but the Eagles came in with nothing to lose and frankly could have won this game going away had they capitalized on chance after chance.

13 missed layups. Five or six of them were ridiculous.

Oh, and while I will not out the game on this, the possession call with 1:57 to play that happened right in front of me (Brinkley last touch on the baseline, ball was given to them when it was CLEAR that no Cutter player touched the basketball) was an absolute farce of a call in that situation.

CMS should have taken care of business and it would have Been over long before that....just felt it needed to be mentioned.

Eagles have only one senior. They'll be back. Gutty performance tonight.
There were many many questionable calls in each game and for sure CMS came out to win...and Brinkley was over confident...kinda like the Clarendon game at state last year.

Tigerpride37

Congratulations !! Tigers on the win tonite !!

MomaLion

I didn't say that it would or wouldn't be but there's no point playing the "what if" game. No doubt it hurt y'all but I think y'all also didn't give Augusta enough credit. It was a dog fight to the end...props to both teams and I pray y'alls injured player isn't serious...and I truly mean that.

TeamTiger

Brinkley vs. Cutter Morning Star 61-55. We also had our issues. Our starting guard did not start due to injury and our boys were in foul trouble early. Very seldom did we receive fouls but they worked through it. I'm proud of them advancing on and they live to fight another day. Augusta play very well against England. Both teams played with a lot of heart.

MomaLion

And btw, Brinkley and CMS were evenly matched in that game...Brinkley underestimated them and darn near lost.

MomaLion

Ok, y'all don't jump on me...I never said anything negative about England...just that it was a close game...yes, unfortunately y'all got an early injury and it was a game changer but geez don't jump on me because I said they were evenly matched with who was playing, the scores don't lie. As for it being a dirty hit, very possible...I saw it and thought the same thing...I pray the young man is ok.

TeamTiger

February 24, 2016, 11:55:37 pm #85 Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 05:43:39 am by TeamTiger
It doesn't matter how you start the race, MomaLion it's about how you finish it. Brinkley was not over confident or cocky. Our boys happen to be humble young men who enjoys the game of basketball and they are not ready to let it go. I applaud the efforts of Cutter Morning Star and Augusta, but someone will win and someone will lose. We thank God we were on the winning end tonight. Our boys shot poorly and missed a lot of free throws. CMS came ready to play. There were numerous calls which were questionable against us, but they pulled it off in the end. Proud Tiger Fan!!!!

Cheek

Quote from: MomaLion on February 24, 2016, 11:43:45 pm
I didn't say that it would or wouldn't be but there's no point playing the "what if" game. No doubt it hurt y'all but I think y'all also didn't give Augusta enough credit. It was a dog fight to the end...props to both teams and I pray y'alls injured player isn't serious...and I truly mean that.

England  beat Augusta without our floor general and second best player on the team.  We struggled early to put together a lineup without him.  That set the tone for the game.  No excuses, because Augusta gave us their best shot, and we still won.  I think the big kid was 5 for 5 from the three and rolled in some  junk.  Augusta was hitting threes off the glass.  Momalion,  don't be a hater.  Do you see England posting about Brinkleys class call aganist our four seed.  No, it is  tour. time and these things happen.   

Tigerpride37

February 24, 2016, 11:57:52 pm #87 Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 12:01:50 am by Tigerpride37
The England - Augusta  game was a good game . I think they was very evenly match . That could have went either  way.

MomaLion

There were bad calls in all 4 games...I do think this might have been a wake up call for Brinkley and thank goodness it came early in the process. Good luck the rest of the way.

MomaLion

Quote from: Cheek on February 24, 2016, 11:57:27 pm
England  beat Augusta without our floor general and second best player on the team.  We struggled early to put together a lineup without him.  That set the tone for the game.  No excuses, because Augusta gave us their best shot, and we still won.  I think the big kid was 5 for 5 from the three and rolled in some  junk.  Augusta was hitting threes off the glass.  Momalion,  don't be a hater.  Do you see England posting about Brinkleys class call aganist our four seed.  No, it is  tour. time and these things happen.
Ok, you are TOTALLY misreading my posts. I gave England their props as well as the other teams...and yes, I feel Brinkley was over confident but y'all both overcame obstacles and got the win...I don't see where you are seeing any negativity honestly.

keohog

Congrats to Magnet Cove girls on their win , all the girls teams from the 5 are VERY tough.

Cheek

Quote from: MomaLion on February 25, 2016, 12:01:39 am
Ok, you are TOTALLY misreading my posts. I gave England their props as well as the other teams...and yes, I feel Brinkley was over confident but y'all both overcame obstacles and got the win...I don't see where you are seeing any negativity honestly.

Okay, we are just upset out PG got hurt.  I hope he is okay, but if he is not, we still have to play ball. 

keohog

MomaLion

It sucks that he got hurt and I do pray it isn't serious. Good luck to all the teams going forward :)

MomaLion

bigworm

Quote from: keohog on February 24, 2016, 11:24:12 pm
Taken out by Augusta's big man more like it , Brayden did get hit that hard all year in football. How is he doing?

Not sure what the problem is. Still lots of pain. Gonna see what it's like tomoro and go from there. But he will be fine. Thanks.

Wasnt trying to jump on ya, mom. Just saying if (and I know you can't play the if game) we were full strength i feel it would have been a different game. Our boys stepped up and did what it took to win and im proud of them. Augusta is a good team. I mean no disrespect to them. I knew it would be a battle. Gonna be some great games in this tournament. I Mean could you ask for a better opening round than we had tonight. It was exactly what we all went for...........entertainment.

MomaLion

Very true...3 out of 4 games were super tight.

Bigditchlion

Bj thompson was an absolutely awesome last night and Montgomery played big down low as well! Hats off to coach Scott for keeping them together after brayden went down. Congrats to the Lions, going back to state!

mustang12

is it the players or the coaches in the 6 that cost them in regionals? talking about the girls side? looks like this happens every year. goes undefeated or 1 or 2 loss through conference then gets beat by the 4 seed from the other side.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: mustang12 on February 25, 2016, 11:32:17 am
is it the players or the coaches in the 6 that cost them in regionals? talking about the girls side? looks like this happens every year. goes undefeated or 1 or 2 loss through conference then gets beat by the 4 seed from the other side.

Maybe the other teams are just better?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas