• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A East region at Hazen

Started by BigLion10, February 21, 2016, 09:39:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Bildo

The fact is that the 5 has better competition than the 6 on the girls side. I mean, look at the teams Pine and England are matched up against. One was a blowout and the other will be also.1 thru 4 of the 5 could win against each other on any given night, it isn't that way in the 6. Yes Carlisle, #1 from the 6, lost to Magnet, #4 from the 5. Magnet benefitted from playing better competition throughout the year. That is no excuse, they both played the same game but it is hard to improve when you are playing your second and third string by the third quarter every game. Even if you left the starters in, you are still not getting quality minutes against a quality opponent. Anything could happen come tournament time. CMS almost upset Brinkley boys, does that mean Brinkley is weak and CMS is great? If Carlisle beats Magnet by 1 instead of losing by 1, this conversation never happens. Fact is, Magnet came out on top last night in a game that could've gone either way. The Lady Bison lost a key player early in the year that made a big contribution last year as a sophomore. The Lady Bison won the conference championship last year by basically starting the previous year's Jr. High team. Last night, Carlisle started 3 juniors and two sophomores to Magnet's four seniors (I forget the fifth). Carlisle started 1 junior, 3 sophomores and 1 freshman last year when they lost to Magnet. I will go out on a limb and say that next year will be better for the Lady Bison, they have some great young talent.

Yak

Again, IMO, the 5AA girls is a tough conference (echoing Keo). They have fan support, coaches, players, etc. ....most of the middle teams in this conference would finish first in many others. I could be wrong, but other conferences seem to be "top" heavy...one or two dominant teams and that's it (now mind you, I am sure any of these top heavy teams could be in the championship game). It's like SEC vs Big 10. Records can be deceiving, 22-5 record and play bad competition or 16-12 record, but play powerhouses ( nobody's records, I just pulled numbers from the air as an example ). It shows come playoff time

Yak

Bil do, you beat me to the post! Lol

Yak

And maturity does make a difference. With that many youth on Carlisle, I am sure their time will come

Yak

England- beat Marmaduke, JC Westside
Mt Pine- beat Foreman and Mineral Springs
Poyen-Beat Carlisle (albeit close)
Magnet Cove-beat Rison not once but twice

Those other teams are top seeds in their region. I am not sure about everyone's schedule, but I am sure there may be more...these are just some examples

bigworm

the coaching in the 5 is great. all the top teams have excellent coaches. boys and girls. same story in football. as a matter of fact the 5 has produced the 2A coach of the year in football the last 2 years. they are very fundamental and very technical. they fight tooth and nail. the teams that have a little athletisism to go along with that are tuff to beat. the 5 may not win another game but it wont be because of coaching.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: bigworm on February 25, 2016, 01:31:08 pm
the coaching in the 5 is great. all the top teams have excellent coaches. boys and girls. same story in football. as a matter of fact the 5 has produced the 2A coach of the year in football the last 2 years. they are very fundamental and very technical. they fight tooth and nail. the teams that have a little athletisism to go along with that are tuff to beat. the 5 may not win another game but it wont be because of coaching.

I thought McCrorys coach won football coach of the year this past year?  ???

Ctucker

I watched Earle's girls last night and I would say England would beat them 9 out of ten times.But that being said this will be in state if they match up so any thing can happen. But my money would be on England.

keohog

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 25, 2016, 01:41:52 pm
I thought McCrorys coach won football coach of the year this past year?  ???
Farmer was LRTD Club 2A Coach of the year.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: keohog on February 25, 2016, 02:42:10 pm
Farmer was LRTD Club 2A Coach of the year.

Yea I forgot there were multiple awards.

Bildo

Quote from: Yak on February 25, 2016, 01:04:56 pm
And maturity does make a difference. With that many youth on Carlisle, I am sure their time will come
Throw the records out the window come tournament time

BigLion10

Girls final
England 64
Brinkley 33
Was 44-10 at the half

leedog95

And if Earle's boys played England they would win 9 out 10 times.... Earle is that loaded.......

purplehajj

Also coach beasacon won it from hazen the year before

jbtiger73

What's the update on clarendon, momma?

Ctucker

Doubt it probally more like 3 out of 10.

Bigditchlion

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: leedog95 on February 25, 2016, 06:10:40 pm
And if Earle's boys played England they would win 9 out 10 times.... Earle is that loaded.......

I doubt that.

Bigditchlion

Think we heard this last year too from the dogs.

Bigditchlion

Updates??? Did tj play? What's the score? What happened, geez??

Ctucker

Is there anybody at this region to update scores?

Bildo

I am not there but I was yesterday and there ZERO cell phone reception

lionsdad

My son is a sophomore for Mount Ida and he texted me that we beat Clarendon. I don't know the score. I'm guessing service must be bad there.

Ctucker

mustang12

Quote from: Bildo on February 25, 2016, 12:50:34 pm
The fact is that the 5 has better competition than the 6 on the girls side. I mean, look at the teams Pine and England are matched up against. One was a blowout and the other will be also.1 thru 4 of the 5 could win against each other on any given night, it isn't that way in the 6. Yes Carlisle, #1 from the 6, lost to Magnet, #4 from the 5. Magnet benefitted from playing better competition throughout the year. That is no excuse, they both played the same game but it is hard to improve when you are playing your second and third string by the third quarter every game. Even if you left the starters in, you are still not getting quality minutes against a quality opponent. Anything could happen come tournament time. CMS almost upset Brinkley boys, does that mean Brinkley is weak and CMS is great? If Carlisle beats Magnet by 1 instead of losing by 1, this conversation never happens. Fact is, Magnet came out on top last night in a game that could've gone either way. The Lady Bison lost a key player early in the year that made a big contribution last year as a sophomore. The Lady Bison won the conference championship last year by basically starting the previous year's Jr. High team. Last night, Carlisle started 3 juniors and two sophomores to Magnet's four seniors (I forget the fifth). Carlisle started 1 junior, 3 sophomores and 1 freshman last year when they lost to Magnet. I will go out on a limb and say that next year will be better for the Lady Bison, they have some great young talent.

So what's the excuse the last 2-3 years where the 5 has had their way with the 6 on the girls side when the top girls team has rolled through the conference and got swept or only 1 team got through?...the only team that stands out was that Brinkley girls team a few years back. Carlisles been loaded for a while now but when's the last time they've made the tournament and either won or shared the conference title?

How did the Clarendon girls game turn out?

Ctucker

Won't be a repeat in girls just seen were Tuckerman beat marmaduke.

Bigditchlion

Poyen girls won from what I just heard

Bigditchlion

Congrats to Mt Ida! Heard that was a nail biter. Come on Magnet Cove and beat Kipp.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Bigditchlion on February 25, 2016, 08:57:24 pm
Congrats to Mt Ida! Heard that was a nail biter. Come on Magnet Cove and beat Kipp.

Cove was up 4 or 6 at half is what I heard.

leedog95

Don't say that the CO Champs are gone already are they???

Tigerpride37

Any Update on the Kipp Delta magnet Cove game ?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Tigerpride37 on February 25, 2016, 10:09:48 pm
Any Update on the Kipp Delta magnet Cove game ?

Nothing in Twitter that I can find

TeamTiger

Cheek

Yak

Kipp won by 3, 48-45 I think. Cove had lead majority of game.

Tigerpride37

Tigerpride37

I think the Kipp Delta - England game should be a good game.

bigworm

MC did everything they could do to lose and finally got the job done. Congrats to Kipp. They took advantage of the 10,000 mistakes MC made. I expected a more disciplined performance from MC. The cove played kipps game and beat them at it for 47 minutes. The problem is that you have to play 48.

Mt Ida clarendon game was awesome. Both teams played really really well in my opinion. Sucks someone has to lose in a game like that one.

The girls games were no fun. Haha

6 of 8 ain't bad. Way to go 5!!

keohog

Congrats to the girls teams from the 5 with your sweep of the 6 AGAIN (sorry couldn't resist  ;D). The 5 boys teams came to play this year , proud of my England Lions and congrats to Mount Ida. MC and Cutter left it all on the court and have nothing to hang their heads about.

Just a spectator

Big shout out to the Mt Ida and England fans that stayed to cheer against a Magnet Cove tonight. Very classy seeing how our fans were cheering for both of your teams to pull off the wins and show everyone how strong the 5-AA is. 
       Don't hate us cause you ain't us! 

Cheek

Quote from: Just a spectator on February 26, 2016, 12:09:18 am
Big shout out to the Mt Ida and England fans that stayed to cheer against a Magnet Cove tonight. Very classy seeing how our fans were cheering for both of your teams to pull off the wins and show everyone how strong the 5-AA is. 

England fans dis not cheer for Kipp.  We were pulling for NC. Grow up

keohog

Quote from: Just a spectator on February 26, 2016, 12:09:18 am
All the England fans I was with was cheering for MI and MC, just because we sat behind Kipp's bench didn't mean we was for them  ::)

MomaLion

Quote from: Bigditchlion on February 25, 2016, 07:20:42 pm
Updates??? Did tj play? What's the score? What happened, geez??
Mt Ida won by 1 and yes he played.

MomaLion

I hate it for our srs but we are done for the season. Good luck to those that remain the rest of the way :) I will follow the games on here but my blood pressure will enjoy the break lol.

Tigerpride37

Congratulations!! To the Clarendon Lions on a great season 6AA Champs.

Pit Bull

Quote from: Tigerpride37 on February 26, 2016, 12:59:45 am
Congratulations!! To the Clarendon Lions on a great season 6AA Champs.

Lol, there must be a jinx at play here...

Bigditchlion

I can assure you that the 5 is pulling for the 5. I'm glad TJ is alright and happy for the Mt Ida squad. England faithful will be there cheering yall on tonight as well. As for the purple lions, keep playing with heart and take them one at a time. I hope kipp plays us man to man tonight that place will be rocking! Girls keep doing what you do and play your game.

Bildo

Quote from: mustang12 on February 25, 2016, 08:38:40 pm
So what's the excuse the last 2-3 years where the 5 has had their way with the 6 on the girls side when the top girls team has rolled through the conference and got swept or only 1 team got through?...the only team that stands out was that Brinkley girls team a few years back. Carlisles been loaded for a while now but when's the last time they've made the tournament and either won or shared the conference title?

How did the Clarendon girls game turn out?
What team is it that you are on here to support?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas