• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2012 Wonderlic

Started by bleudog, April 06, 2012, 11:21:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bleudog

True Believer

Embarrassing to say the least. 

AirWarren

Embarrassing but another reason why the media is full of a bunch of POS. They had no right doing that to that kid releasing his scores. Period.

B. Kirk

Quote from: True Believer on April 06, 2012, 11:37:24 pm

Claiborne has a documented learning disability that's he struggled with since elementary school.

You want to make fun of him because of that?

bleudog

April 08, 2012, 09:34:27 am #4 Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 09:41:27 am by bleudog
Quote from: B. Kirk on April 07, 2012, 04:26:03 am

Claiborne has a documented learning disability that's he struggled with since elementary school.

With that, Claiborne's agent should be embarrassed. 

Somebody got the kid thru public school.  Plenty of standardized tests there. 

Somebody got the kid admitted into LSU.  ACT minimums come to mind. 

Somebody kept Claiborne academically qualified to take the field on a NCAA team that played for a national championship.

Why didn't Cook figure out some way for his client to take the NFL test in a format that would allow it to properly measure what it's designed to measure.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1134417-the-wonderlic-test-morris-claiborne-and-bus-cooks-failure

Breitontime

Who cares? He's going to be a Top 5 pick.

Hoghead

Quote from: bleudog on April 06, 2012, 11:21:40 pm

LSU's Morris Claiborne runs the 40 in 4.39. 

That's 0.39 more than his Wonderlic score. 

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/story/_/id/7770388/2012-nfl-draft-morris-claiborne-top-cb-prospect-scored-4-wonderlic-sources-say

http://www.nicholascreative.com/footballiq/index.php?reset=true

He'll be a millionaire by the end of April. The wonderlic doesn't mean he can't defend, tackle or pick off passes. Terry Bradshaw scored 13 and no one is mad at him about it. They don't Bradshaws wonderlic score besides his SUPER BOWL rings or Hall of Fame bust.
If Morris were a heart surgeon I'd be worried. He plays football !

bleudog

April 09, 2012, 08:15:56 pm #7 Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 08:30:29 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Hoghead on April 08, 2012, 11:30:08 pm
He'll be a millionaire by the end of April. The wonderlic doesn't mean he can't defend, tackle or pick off passes. Terry Bradshaw scored 13 and no one is mad at him about it. They don't Bradshaws wonderlic score besides his SUPER BOWL rings or Hall of Fame bust.
If Morris were a heart surgeon I'd be worried. He plays football !

No doubt Claiborne is in line to make big bucks.  Still think his agent should have handled the learning disability situation better.  Who knows how much weight the GMs and coaches on a given NFL team put in the test?

To quote Kevin Seifert:  "I'm not going to draw any conclusions about these players' football intelligence, or lack thereof, based on Wonderlic scores. I encourage you to keep an open mind as well. But unless and until the NFL stops giving the Wonderlic test, we have to assume the scores will play some role in ranking and grading prospects."

Yeah HH, ol' TB turned in a pretty good career both on the field and in the studio.  But most folks give him credit for a 16 which is a little closer to the QB average.   ;)

CB Morris Claiborne LSU 2012 4
RB Frank Gore Miami 2005 6
QB Vince Young Texas 2006 6 (think he was allowed a "do over" and got a 16)
QB Terrlle Pryor Ohio State 2011 7
K Sebastian Janikowski Florida State 2000 9
QB Jeff George Illinois 1990 10
RB Chris Johnson East Carolina 2008 10
WR Hakeem Nicks North Carolina 2009 11
WR Randy Moss Marshall 1998 12
LB Ray Lewis Miami 1996 13
QB Dan Marino Pittsburgh 1983 15
QB Terry Bradshaw Louisiana Tech 1970 16
RB Adrian Peterson Oklahoma 2007 16

Averages by position
Offensive tackle – 26
Center – 25
Quarterback – 24
Guard – 23
Tight end – 22
Safety – 19
Linebacker – 19
Cornerback – 18
Wide receiver – 17
Fullback – 17
Halfback – 16

Brian G

I had a friend that made 8 on the ACT.  I wish I could get him to take this test to see if he could go lower than that 4.

He was stupid no matter how you define it.

True Believer

Quote from: B. Kirk on April 07, 2012, 04:26:03 am

Yes.  Right.  I knew that so I would make fun of him.  Give me a break.

Brian G

These diagnosed learning disabilities are getting on my nerves.  It's like all of these made up "rage defense's" in murder trials. (roid rage, PMS rage, middle child rage)

I mean it's okay to be stupid.  There always has been stupid people, there are now and will be in the future.  It's as if everything needs an excuse nowadays.  Just let them be dumb and don't label them with a disability.  They'll be alright.

Heck, I can tolerate them without regard to their socioeconomic status.  They're just like regular folk.

Indiana Jones

Quote from: B.G. on April 09, 2012, 09:33:05 pm
I had a friend that made 8 on the ACT.  I wish I could get him to take this test to see if he could go lower than that 4.

He was stupid no matter how you define it.
8 on the act? How? Even trying to fail and the average person (fastdrop) would get no worse than 10 ;)
Your friend must be an Auburn grad now

True Believer

LOL...Indiana.   I LOL for real!!

FD.   Your friend is talking about you again...lol.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas