• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looking ahead to next year in 2A-4

Started by MICHAELSPAPPY, April 20, 2017, 10:43:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MICHAELSPAPPY

April 20, 2017, 10:43:19 am Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 10:45:02 am by MICHAELSPAPPY
How about some scouting reports?

Magazine had a good (not great) team this past season. They should lose starters at the 1, 2 and 5 positions. They do return Smith and Baumgartner, who are a pretty potent duo on the front line if they can learn not to make mistakes trying to do too much. There are players in the wings to step into the other spots, but it remains to be seen how much slack they can take up for the lost talent. Shaffer Loyd has been a 3-year starter at point, and so we will have to start over there. On paper, the Rattlers should take a step back, but not too big a step. And, it is possible they might not miss a beat. Smith and Baumgartner are very athletic players and can be a handful to defend when they are playing well. Our biggest problem this past year was a lack of 3-point shooting (almost non-existent), and that will have to be solved to keep folks from packing the middle.

dentist15

Lavaca loses two starters (Clark and Graves) and a couple subs (so they lost some role-playing talent). But they return their two best players, Eck and Dockery (as an aside, Eck was invited to the AAO Top 25 camp in March). They also will look to get some help from the incoming sophomores, who won the junior high district in 16-17. From what I saw, the point guard should be able to contribute well if he adjusts well to the speed of the senior high level, and possibly a couple other of the incoming sophomores. It appears right now (to me anyways), that Lavaca's weak spot will be inside presence, size, and rebounding. But I still look for them to repeat as district champs.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas