• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Harrison at PA

Started by PA Dad, November 10, 2017, 09:42:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Go Postal

Harrison fans look at the game as the little engine that could...

PA fans look at the game more as...

Go Postal

Quote from: PA Dad on November 12, 2017, 10:55:56 pm
We really should do a meet and greet.  I love meeting the posters on here.

I propose that we meet at the goalpost in the east end zone at 6:50.  Any takers?

Pwil11

I propose that we meet at the goalpost in the east end zone at 6:50.  Any takers?

East end zone???  So that is PA secret.  They play east and west when all others play north and south... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Overdahill

Yellowcake

Quote from: Steve Perry 2.11 on November 14, 2017, 09:46:03 am
Heard you  were pretty.

A white Ali.
I am the prettiest of them all Howard!

Maynard G Krebs

I may be a little late.  I've been summoned to Fayetteville for a clandestine meeting.  Unable to say more.

Pwil11

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 15, 2017, 11:02:56 am
I may be a little late.  I've been summoned to Fayetteville for a clandestine meeting.  Unable to say more.

Good luck on the AD position. ;D ;D :D ;D ;D

JessieP

JessieP

Go Postal

Go Postal

Harrison fans about making it to the quarterfinals AND getting to play at PA...

PA fans about pesky Goblins in their house...

gameoflife

Gotta believe this is a PA win.  48-21.   Would love to see Harrison pull an upset.

Paw-Paw

Quote from: gameoflife on November 15, 2017, 03:52:21 pm
Gotta believe this is a PA win.  48-21.   Would love to see Harrison pull an upset.

Go Postal

Run away, run away!
The Goblins are coming!
The Goblins are coming!

Yellowcake

I can't wait for Friday night!!!

Go Postal

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 15, 2017, 08:08:27 pm
I can't wait for Friday night!!!
The Bruins have been training hard all week...

Practice, practice, practice

the voice

Paw-Paw

Goblins on Friday Night waiting on their moment to strike:

Gob-Fan

the voice

Sorry to hear that. I heard from a little bird he was hurt. Huge blow for Harrison. A different team without him.

South 45

Quote from: Gob-Fan on November 15, 2017, 10:17:59 pm
He will not be playing Friday.  :'(
Woah...I hate to hear that

Greyhands

Thanks to a late hit out of bounds that drove him into our bench.....

Deuceswild

But  since we are playing PA, i have elected to open my house to Dupree Swanson, he is now enrolled at Harrison and will be suiting up Friday night. I figured if PA can recruit, so can we 😂

Go Postal

Quote from: Deuceswild on November 16, 2017, 08:35:49 am
But  since we are playing PA, i have elected to open my house to Dupree Swanson, he is now enrolled at Harrison and will be suiting up Friday night. I figured if PA can recruit, so can we 😂
Since we are a public school, I don't think the 365 rule applies. ;)

Deuceswild

I take that back, let's not ruin this fun thread with private vs public stuff. Waste of everyone's time. And energy. But Dupree can join us right?

Go Postal

Well he was on a team before the school season started.

Maybe we can have more than one player wearing Gabe's number on Friday.
Caleb is still there though, which is still a great asset as well as they rest of the playmakers..

Side note: Is Silas still around?  I won't say anything if he just happens to fill in for his younger brother.  Wink, wink, nudge, nudge

PrivateLesson

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 14, 2017, 10:56:18 pm
A white Ali.
I am the prettiest of them all Howard!
Go Yellowcake!!   :) :-* lol

the voice

I hate he's out. It was gonna be tough to win with him. I hate the gobs aren't full strength. No where near same without him.

Overdahill

Quote from: the voice on November 16, 2017, 09:35:37 am
I hate he's out. It was gonna be tough to win with him. I hate the gobs aren't full strength. No where near same without him.

ugh, sorry for the the young man and the Goblin nation

Sasquatch71

Husky is out but I can tell you it was NOT a late hit, even though there were plenty of those in the game.  It was a total freak accident.  It is a physical game and injuries happen.  That being said the Goblins are still gonna have some weapons...a few they haven't even shown I would bet. 

Deuceswild

I rewatched, the hit did get pushed out of bounds but the arm he stiff armed him with was blocking the kids view, #21 never would have wanted something like that to happened. He's a good kid.

PercussionMan

Husky being hurt is terrible for Harrison.  I hate to hear that, because that kid is a game changer.  Trust me, Morrilton knows all too well about going into big playoff games and being wounded.

STBruin

Quote from: PercussionMan on November 16, 2017, 12:28:21 pm
Husky being hurt is terrible for Harrison.  I hate to hear that, because that kid is a game changer.  Trust me, Morrilton knows all too well about going into big playoff games and being wounded.

what position was Husky playing?

the voice

All over. Earlier posts showed his total yards.  Most of their offense I think.

Go Postal

November 16, 2017, 04:36:18 pm #134 Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 04:50:32 pm by Go Postal
The Sophomore had 1862 rushing yards and 49 passing yards according to Maxpreps.  I'll write more on this when I get home to my laptop.

MDXPHD

Must be easy to do that in the no defense west.

Go Postal

Quote from: the voice on November 16, 2017, 04:02:19 pm
All over. Earlier posts showed his total yards.  Most of their offense I think.
It was only 38% of Harrison's total offensive yards.

High Voltage

Thursday Night and PA just went up 28-0.

the voice

Quote from: Go Postal on November 16, 2017, 04:51:58 pm
It was only 38% of Harrison's total offensive yards.
One player with 38% is a most of I would say

Go Postal

Some people might think that because one of Harrison's play-makers is out for this game that it is...

But not so fast my friend,  let's look at this from another perspective and I'll use both team's main play-makers for an example of the impact on a team on losing them for a game.  (I'm using the Maxpreps stats)  Let's put the shoe on the other foot and start with PA.
The Bruins have a fantastic Senior athlete, L. Hatcher.  He has accrued 4527 passing yards out of the 5059 passing yards done by all 6 players that passed the ball.  That is approx. 89.48% of PA's passing yards.  He had 56 rushing yards out of the 1359 rushing yards by all 13 players that rushed the ball.  That is appox. 4.13% of PA's rushing yards.  So he has a total of 4583 offensive yards out of PA's 6418 total offensive yards.  That is roughly 71.41% of the Bruins total offensive yards.  Like I said, fantastic Senior athlete.
What if he was injured early in the season?  Would PA still be where they are right now?  Maybe so, maybe not.  So what if he was taken out of the equation for this game due to injury?  He has been established as 71.41% of the Bruins offensive team, could they function with only 28.59% of their offensive threat left?  Maybe, it would be hard but I think that experienced Coach Kelley with 176 wins under his belt would have a contingency plan already in play.  But since L. Hatcher is healthy and G. Huskey is not, this still does not change the Harrison defensive plan one bit.  Now let's put the shoe back on the right foot.

The Goblins have a fantastic Sophomore athlete, G. Huskey.  He has accrued 1862 rushing yards out of the total 3333 rushing yards done by all 12 players that rushed the ball.  That is approx. 55.86% of Harrison's rushing yards.  He has 49 passing yards out of 1588 passing yards done by 3 players that passed the ball.  That is approx. 3.09% of Harrison's passing yards.  So he has a total of 1911 offensive yards out of Harrison's 4921 total offensive yards.  That is roughly 38.83% of the Goblins total offensive yards.  A fantastic Sophomore athlete.
What if he was injured early in the season?  Would Harrison be where they are right now?  Maybe so, maybe not.  But he is injured for this game.  He has been established as 38.83% of the Goblins offensive team.  Can they function with only 61.17% of their offensive threat left?  I think so but will still have to try to make up for that other 38.83% by utilizing our other playmakers more and I think that experienced Coach Wells with 182 wins under his belt will have a contingency plan for offense.
Hatcher and Huskey could not have got their stats this year without the help and talent of the rest of the offense and this still hasn't changed for Harrison even with Huskey out.  Gabe will be sorely missed and I know that every West team and fans, Mtn Home, Siloam Springs, LRCA, HS Lakeside, Coach Kelley, staff and Bruin players have either seen in person or have watched film on the speed, athleticism, raw talent that this Sophomore has.  I just wish that the PA fans and media for this game, could have witnessed him in person.
Now the big questions,
Could have the Goblins pulled out a win with Huskey healthy?  That is always a possibility on any Friday night.
Can the Goblins pull out a win without Huskey?  That is still always a possibility on any Friday night.  Coach Wells, staff and Goblin players know that Gabe helped get them to this game and that it has been since '03 since Harrison was in a quarterfinal game, so they will be ready to play even with one man down.  Win or lose, Goblins are more than one player, they are a team.

I have written my novel now and I wish both teams the best of luck in this game.

and always remember in any sport...

MDXPHD

I really thought it was over regardless of who Harrison had playing. So I just view it the same.

PA Bruin Fan

Quote from: Go Postal on November 16, 2017, 08:43:32 pm
Some people might think that because one of Harrison's play-makers is out for this game that it is...

But not so fast my friend,  let's look at this from another perspective and I'll use both team's main play-makers for an example of the impact on a team on losing them for a game.  (I'm using the Maxpreps stats)  Let's put the shoe on the other foot and start with PA.
The Bruins have a fantastic Senior athlete, L. Hatcher.  He has accrued 4527 passing yards out of the 5059 passing yards done by all 6 players that passed the ball.  That is approx. 89.48% of PA's passing yards.  He had 56 rushing yards out of the 1359 rushing yards by all 13 players that rushed the ball.  That is appox. 4.13% of PA's rushing yards.  So he has a total of 4583 offensive yards out of PA's 6418 total offensive yards.  That is roughly 71.41% of the Bruins total offensive yards.  Like I said, fantastic Senior athlete.
What if he was injured early in the season?  Would PA still be where they are right now?  Maybe so, maybe not.  So what if he was taken out of the equation for this game due to injury?  He has been established as 71.41% of the Bruins offensive team, could they function with only 28.59% of their offensive threat left?  Maybe, it would be hard but I think that experienced Coach Kelley with 176 wins under his belt would have a contingency plan already in play.  But since L. Hatcher is healthy and G. Huskey is not, this still does not change the Harrison defensive plan one bit.  Now let's put the shoe back on the right foot.

The Goblins have a fantastic Sophomore athlete, G. Huskey.  He has accrued 1862 rushing yards out of the total 3333 rushing yards done by all 12 players that rushed the ball.  That is approx. 55.86% of Harrison's rushing yards.  He has 49 passing yards out of 1588 passing yards done by 3 players that passed the ball.  That is approx. 3.09% of Harrison's passing yards.  So he has a total of 1911 offensive yards out of Harrison's 4921 total offensive yards.  That is roughly 38.83% of the Goblins total offensive yards.  A fantastic Sophomore athlete.
What if he was injured early in the season?  Would Harrison be where they are right now?  Maybe so, maybe not.  But he is injured for this game.  He has been established as 38.83% of the Goblins offensive team.  Can they function with only 61.17% of their offensive threat left?  I think so but will still have to try to make up for that other 38.83% by utilizing our other playmakers more and I think that experienced Coach Wells with 182 wins under his belt will have a contingency plan for offense.
Hatcher and Huskey could not have got their stats this year without the help and talent of the rest of the offense and this still hasn't changed for Harrison even with Huskey out.  Gabe will be sorely missed and I know that every West team and fans, Mtn Home, Siloam Springs, LRCA, HS Lakeside, Coach Kelley, staff and Bruin players have either seen in person or have watched film on the speed, athleticism, raw talent that this Sophomore has.  I just wish that the PA fans and media for this game, could have witnessed him in person.
Now the big questions,
Could have the Goblins pulled out a win with Huskey healthy?  That is always a possibility on any Friday night.
Can the Goblins pull out a win without Huskey?  That is still always a possibility on any Friday night.  Coach Wells, staff and Goblin players know that Gabe helped get them to this game and that it has been since '03 since Harrison was in a quarterfinal game, so they will be ready to play even with one man down.  Win or lose, Goblins are more than one player, they are a team.

I have written my novel now and I wish both teams the best of luck in this game.

and always remember in any sport...

Point well taken!

PAguy2008

the voice

Don't mean to say they're a one person team posty, just saying that guy is a difference maker!!!

slemmer1987

Well I hate to say it but PA will roll.
The good news for all the Harrison fans is since they are down in little rock for the game they can get their Christmas shopping done and save a trip to the big city........

All kidding aside I can't stand either one of these schools but it sure would be a great day for the little man if Harrison wins.

Yellowcake

Quote from: slemmer1987 on November 16, 2017, 10:11:00 pm
Well I hate to say it but PA will roll.
The good news for all the Harrison fans is since they are down in little rock for the game they can get their Christmas shopping done and save a trip to the big city........

All kidding aside I can't stand either one of these schools but it sure would be a great day for the little man if Harrison wins.

I saw the kid play this year. Tough hombre. This is highly disappointing. I wanted us to get Harrison at full strength.

It's liable to get ugly early. I think that kid was your best shot at making it a game.

Deuceswild

November 17, 2017, 02:18:11 am #146 Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 04:32:28 am by Deuceswild
Well if we gain 3-4 yards at a time vs his 8 yd a carry avg. tell me again how that benefits PA? The clock doesn't stop til there's a first down right? Just something to think about. If we are scoring on our drives, Huskey will not be needed. Don't get me wrong, he a a truly valued commodity but several different kids know how to get to pay dirt, hopefully he is healthy for next week. 🤔

MDXPHD

Game will be close to a mercy rule by halftime.

Maynard G Krebs

Sorry a key player is out and hope for a speedy recovery.  I still expect an exciting game

Go Postal

November 17, 2017, 07:16:51 am #149 Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 06:13:18 pm by Go Postal
This game will be streamed on the links below.

Pulaski Academy Sports

https://youtu.be/Kk5e6LBLhI0

GobTV

Also on Harrison's local radio Kool 96.1 with the Jim and Marty's "Yahtzee" Show.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas