• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Returners for Mount Ida and Foreman

Started by OLionSwag74, January 04, 2018, 09:04:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OLionSwag74

Anyone have a clue to how many starters are returning from either of these schools?

couch-coach06

Foreman returns 7 on defense ... And 6 on offense basically we lose 4 o lineman and a slot back on the offensive side .. plenty of under classman. Saw quality reps at those spots .. with a nice stockpile of young lineman coming up with the 9th grade class .. biggest losses will be Logan Lindsey ( finalist for defensive player of the year ) a brandon Thomas ( super athletic rangy DE line backer ) on defense.. and CJ green over 1000 Total yards from his slot back spot   

IdaLions

Mount Ida loses 7 starters on offense and defense. They return many players who contributed and can be placed in without skipping a beat. Big returners are Jonathan Lagrange(RB), Gage Dyer(RB), and Cade Jackson(QB).

HorseFeathers

Quote from: IdaLions on January 05, 2018, 01:47:12 pm
Mount Ida loses 7 starters on offense and defense. They return many players who contributed and can be placed in without skipping a beat. Big returners are Jonathan Lagrange(RB), Gage Dyer(RB), and Cade Jackson(QB).

You really think that you're gonna replace 14 starters and no miss a beat at most positions? That's interesting...

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 05, 2018, 03:47:16 pm
You really think that you're gonna replace 14 starters and no miss a beat at most positions? That's interesting...

Lol.... I nearly typed the same thing. It's so hard 2A through 4A especially to lose that many starters and not go through an adjustment no matter how much tradition a school has. The numbers game just eventually catches up to you. I think that is why we give so much respect to those coaches and programs who can do it nearly every year in those classifications. Its not like the 7A powerhouses where its just plug and chug along with a new class of 25-40 players in one grade.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on January 05, 2018, 03:53:21 pm
Lol.... I nearly typed the same thing. It's so hard 2A through 4A especially to lose that many starters and not go through an adjustment no matter how much tradition a school has. The numbers game just eventually catches up to you. I think that is why we give so much respect to those coaches and programs who can do it nearly every year in those classifications. Its not like the 7A powerhouses where its just plug and chug along with a new class of 25-40 players in one grade.

I mean it is possible in 2a....but even junction City had growing pains during their great runs

IdaLions

Maybe "skipping a beat" was kind of a strong thing to say, replacing that many starters is very hard to do, especially with the group of seniors that they are losing. But they will still be hard to stop on both sides of the ball.

Eslim03

January 06, 2018, 03:02:10 am #7 Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 03:04:41 am by Eslim03
Foreman is losing a big senior class that was very good but most importantly what foreman lost is depth at many positions. The o-line will be much younger and rebuilt with some younger guys but also some might have to go both sides of the ball next year. We actually was in a position not having to start same 11 on offense as was starting on defense this past year. Foreman will be very very good.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Eslim03 on January 06, 2018, 03:02:10 am
Foreman is losing a big senior class that was very good but most importantly what foreman lost is depth at many positions. The o-line will be much younger and rebuilt with some younger guys but also some might have to go both sides of the ball next year. We actually was in a position not having to start same 11 on offense as was starting on defense this past year. Foreman will be very very good.

Doesn't hurt that Batey will be back

GatorBall

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas