• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2a Region And State Tournament Hosts(Brackets)

Started by HorseFeathers, January 11, 2018, 03:28:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jdwalk

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 11, 2018, 03:28:34 pm
State: White County Central
West-Central: Magazine
North: Marked Tree
South-Poyen

old.dole

January 11, 2018, 06:50:18 pm #2 Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 07:04:11 pm by old.dole
AAA does a terrible job at this. Poyen got basketball baseball and softball for the south. Seems convenient their sup is on the board. If they get one they should spread it around for the others when there are just as suitable schools for hosting

BigBob

I agree. No reason one school should get to host 3 regional tournaments. Rigged

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BigBob on January 11, 2018, 08:10:04 pm
I agree. No reason one school should get to host 3 regional tournaments. Rigged

Magazine got the West-Central regional for all 3 sports

RATTLER43

January 11, 2018, 09:41:41 pm #5 Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 10:36:59 pm by RATTLER43
Typically, it goes back and forth between each side of the region.  Pang burn and Quitman from the east got it the past two years due to new facilities. West got it this year. Eureka bid but had it more recently than Magazine.   No rigging. They have a board of about 20 Administrators that give each school bidding three minutes to make their case.  When all have finished for a particular region, they vote. Then they move on to the next region.    Hope that wasn't too vague an explanation. 

old.dole

Magnet cove got it last year so by your explanation it should have gone to one of the 3 schools from the other side of the regions and not the only school from the same region that had it last year

BigLion10

RATTLER43

I explained how our region has worked.  Our schools/conferences have a gentlemen's agreement.  If a school has a brand new facility we allow them to showcase it as exception to the agreement.   Quitman and Pangburn back to back from the east for that reason.   Your region may not have any agreement.  As a result, it may be based solely on the presentations. 

old.dole

Got ya. I think there was a gentleman's agreement but not the good kind like your referring to. I just don't like how one school gets everything when it could have been spread around to other schools. Like if poyen gets the baseball softball then someone else should have gotten the basketball.

RATTLER43

Quote from: BigLion10 on January 11, 2018, 10:30:00 pm
Quitman hosted basketball last year

Pangburn regionals according to Maxpreps.      Quitman state.

RATTLER43

Carlisle, Pangburn, and Magnet Cove.....

RATTLER43

Quote from: old.dole on January 11, 2018, 10:37:34 pm
Got ya. I think there was a gentleman's agreement but not the good kind like your referring to. I just don't like how one school gets everything when it could have been spread around to other schools. Like if poyen gets the baseball softball then someone else should have gotten the basketball.

I have no problem with your rationale.   I really like how ours goes back and forth.  We and Eureka are the west schools who typically bid for basketball.  We and Hackett are the two west who typically bid baseball and softball.   

BigBob

It's great y'all have a gentlemans agreement. It's apparent there isn't one in the south region. That's sketchy and kind of baffling they get to host 3. They have a very nice new basketball gym, but magnet cove got to host it last year. Harmony Grove or bearden should've got regionals. Poyens baseball and softball facilities aren't even the best in the region.

BigLion10

Quote from: RATTLER43 on January 11, 2018, 10:43:05 pm
Pangburn regionals according to Maxpreps.      Quitman state.
My bad thought you were talking about state lol

HorseFeathers

Quote from: RATTLER43 on January 11, 2018, 10:46:57 pm
I have no problem with your rationale.   I really like how ours goes back and forth.  We and Eureka are the west schools who typically bid for basketball.  We and Hackett are the two west who typically bid baseball and softball.   

Westside hosted region the year everything got messed up for snow

Lions84

Well that means Clarendon will host in 2019.

jdwalk

Quote from: BigBob on January 12, 2018, 07:33:24 am
It's great y'all have a gentlemans agreement. It's apparent there isn't one in the south region. That's sketchy and kind of baffling they get to host 3. They have a very nice new basketball gym, but magnet cove got to host it last year. Harmony Grove or bearden should've got regionals. Poyens baseball and softball facilities aren't even the best in the region.
Poyen has a new gym and I'm sure that's how they got the basketball regional. Only Poyen and Parkers Chapel put in bids for baseball and softball.

old.dole

So does harmony grove so why not let them have it and poyen take baseball and softball

jdwalk

Quote from: old.dole on January 12, 2018, 10:08:19 pm
So does harmony grove so why not let them have it and poyen take baseball and softball
Guess Poyen's bid was better

MomaLion

Quote from: Lions84 on January 12, 2018, 11:53:16 am
Well that means Clarendon will host in 2019.
The new gym won't be done in time.

Lions84

MomaLion

creamcheeze

Quote from: jdwalk on January 12, 2018, 09:49:58 pm
Poyen has a new gym and I'm sure that's how they got the basketball regional. Only Poyen and Parkers Chapel put in bids for baseball and softball.
[/

So, when will the State Tournament be below Little Rock again????

birddawg1986

No schools from the south ever bid. What was it 2014 it was in Hampton ?

Bildo

The only reason the State Tournament was held in LR was because the Sun Belt Conference Tournament was held at the Summit in Hot Springs the same week. As long as there is no conflict, it will be in Hot Springs

old.dole

We can't even get a regional let alone state

creamcheeze

Quote from: old.dole on January 13, 2018, 04:33:37 pm
We can't even get a regional let alone state

Hey, Dole, you know what I heard?

old.dole

BigBob

No southern teams Hardly ever bid in 2A. Hampton has a nice gym but they are playing 1A basketball..

couch-coach06

It just sucks that poyen is a long butt drive from pretty much any of the south teams that are worth a crap ( not terrible for Blevins and mountain pine ) but it sucks for foreman , bearden , pc etc

HorseFeathers

Besrden is closer than Blevins to poyen

creamcheeze

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 14, 2018, 01:30:52 pm
Besrden is closer than Blevins to poyen

The AAA is all about money. They don't care about anything being comfortable or convenient. It still astonishes me to this day that anyone with common sense would allow Marmaduke to hold a state tournament when they clearly cannot seat the requirement.

Mr. Trill

I PREDICT:

Carlisle vs. Quitman for the GIRLS

Somebody from the Upper quadrant of the Boys's bracket. I PREDICT Earle vs. somebody in the lower quadrant

NWA Hawg

Is the bracket wrong? Why is the 1 and 2 from the north on the same side?

Ctucker

Ctucker

I just looked at bracket and it's the west that 1 and 2 are on same side! North 2 got bye last year and 2 south got bye this year so if you ask me one of them 2 should have 1 and 2 on same side!

Bildo

Quote from: Ctucker on February 25, 2018, 08:08:17 am
I just looked at bracket and it's the west that 1 and 2 are on same side! North 2 got bye last year and 2 south got bye this year so if you ask me one of them 2 should have 1 and 2 on same side!
I know I'm gonna regret this but... I am curious to hear what your reasoning is for this?

Ctucker

Ctucker

For all other people it really don't matter it was just a opionion and you have to beat ever one to win it!

Bildo

You crybaby... I asked you a question as to how you came to your "opinion". If you're not man enough to expound on it... stop offering it

Ctucker

Quote from: Bildo on February 25, 2018, 08:47:55 am
You crybaby... I asked you a question as to how you came to your "opinion". If you're not man enough to expound on it... stop offering it
kiss my ...! I will say whatever I won't! I can't stand you and I haven't even meet you! 
And I said it really don't matter! But if you must know I just figure if your  going to get a  2nd seed bye you should be put on same side as your 1 since you did not earn it, it was given to you bye a draw or something!sould be south this year and should have been North Last year! THIER IT IS MY opionion!

Ctucker

And don't see how you can argue with that but I'm sure you will figure out something!

Cheek

Quote from: Bildo on February 25, 2018, 08:47:55 am

Bildo,  if Ctucker advises he does not want to deal with you anymore,  why do you continue to antagonize him.  I always thought you were a players dad,  but now I think it could be their little brother. 

Bildo

He offered an opinion... I just wanted him to explain why he thought that. I have tried to have intelligent conversations with him in the past and all it comes to is him name calling and getting upset. Me calling him a crybaby is the FIRST time I have ever called him a "name". I don't think it's too much to ask for an explanation. I thought that is why we were on here?

Ctucker

Quote from: Bildo on February 25, 2018, 09:09:47 am
He offered an opinion... I just wanted him to explain why he thought that. I have tried to have intelligent conversations with him in the past and all it comes to is him name calling and getting upset. Me calling him a crybaby is the FIRST time I have ever called him a "name". I don't think it's too much to ask for an explanation. I thought that is why we were on here?
Answer my question do you have a problem with my opionion!  Seems logical if you get a free bye you should be put with your one! Can't see we're anyone would not agree with that! And by the way you started it with mocking my intelligence and you can't be seen to stop! But please post how you think that opionion is stupid! This is the last time I will respond to you on here!

Bildo

I didn't say I didn't agree with you... I asked for an explanation. Which you reluctantly gave with an attitude. You're entitled to your opinion and, believe it or not, I agree with it. I just wanted to know your reasoning....

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Ctucker, how many nights are you gonna make the tournament?

Cheek?

Bildo?

Bildo

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas