• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nashville Junior High

Started by intruder, November 06, 2013, 09:21:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ABC™

Mena is in 2 weeks, Arkadelphia in 4

~WPS~

Nashville 21
Ashdown 20

Ashdown scored with 30 seconds left, went for 2 and didn't make it.

ResidentOfTheVILL

How bout those 8th graders!! ! ! ! !  Laid a Beating down on  the Panthers

ABC™

I think that's getting somewhere close to 20 straight wins for the 8th grade.

ABC™

Arkadelphia blew out Mena last night so it looks like it will come down to the last game with Arkadelphia with both undefeated for the 3rd or 4th straight year.

Neckred

I will take Arkadelphia in the 8th grade game.  Nashville has good team but not as many athletes in that grade.  Maybe Arkadelphia in the 9th, will be close.  It will be a long time before Nashville ever beats Arkadelphia ever again in High School. 

ResidentOfTheVILL

8th grade lost to arkie last year bad taste in the boys mouth only game they lost wouldn't count them out most of them have been together playing ball since the 4th grade and  have a impressive habit of winning you just might be surprised.....and as far as the loss to arkie this year we had our chances for that game to  have ended differently and
it very well could have flame if you would like to but  never count out  Nashville.

Neckred

Quote from: ResidentOfTheVILL on October 13, 2017, 02:32:04 pm
8th grade lost to arkie last year bad taste in the boys mouth only game they lost wouldn't count them out most of them have been together playing ball since the 4th grade and  have a impressive habit of winning you just might be surprised.....and as far as the loss to arkie this year we had our chances for that game to  have ended differently and
it very well could have flame if you would like to but  never count out  Nashville.
Yea solid group but Arkadelphia better athletes in that grade IMO.  Huge blow to Nashville the big WR freak not playing.  Or is he now?

ResidentOfTheVILL

No he went to basket ball go figure but  have several threats this year on both sides of the ball

Neckred

That kid would start for HS

ResidentOfTheVILL

Big Game this week with Mena should be  fun to watch will look to Arkie after this week... any news on Mena Jr high

Marblehog

Quote from: ResidentOfTheVILL on October 16, 2017, 01:46:23 pm
Big Game this week with Mena should be  fun to watch will look to Arkie after this week... any news on Mena Jr high
Pretty big and strong.  QB can throw it.  Not great speed

ResidentOfTheVILL

Is that the 9th grade if so it should be lil evenly matched except we have the speed there how about the 8th

FootBallar21

Looking at what Happened to Mena last week vs Arkadelphia I could understand, people not thinking this would be a good game this week vs Nashville.  But it should be. 

I wasn't at the game and I have not heard what happened to set the bearcats back,  but what I think is from hearing they thought they were unbeatable and a little arrogant,  is once the badgers came out and got a couple things on them,  they got down and pressed and it got worse.   I think Mena and Arkadelphia are a lot closer then the score indicated and fully expect the bearcats to bounce back with a much better effort this week!   Another thought is Mena has probably had this Nashville game circled for awhile knowing the Huge winning streak the JR. High scrappers are on,  maybe they were looking a week ahead.   

Here are the 2 common scores from this season   

Mena beat Bauxite 21-6
Nashville beat Bauxite 34-7

Mena beat Ashdown 33-0
Nashville beat Ashdown 21-20 ( following a missed 2 pt conversion by Ashdown)

My prediction for tomorrow night is
Mena 29
Nashville 21

Last time Mena beat Nashville in Jr. High or Sr. High,  was my 9th grade year in 2000!   

ResidentOfTheVILL

Marblehog

Quote from: ResidentOfTheVILL on October 16, 2017, 03:33:54 pm
Is that the 9th grade if so it should be lil evenly matched except we have the speed there how about the 8th
8th doesn't have much

SportsReporter

In attempt for 63 straight wins. Nashville Jr. High leads Mena 8-15 at halftime.

SportsReporter

Nashville defeats Mena 8-29.

63 straight wins.

~WPS~

ABC™

As usual, comes down to Nashville/Arkadelphia.

ResidentOfTheVILL

Hmmm someone know  why Arkie  canceled the 8th grade game  inquiring minds want to know??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
???

mossflyer

They haven't played an 8th grade game all year.  Low numbers in that grade.

ResidentOfTheVILL

BLEH!!!!!!!!!!!! Guess that means 8TH grade Scrappers finish undefeated!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO SCRAPPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scrapman

What's going on at Arky. No JV and no 8th. You would think they could get kids out to play. They are not playing 8th or JV next year either.  Never a good thing when you win and still cant get kids out to play.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: scrapman on October 25, 2017, 09:06:22 pm
What's going on at Arky. No JV and no 8th. You would think they could get kids out to play. They are not playing 8th or JV next year either.  Never a good thing when you win and still cant get kids out to play.

i don't think it's numbers. They have 59 on the sr high roster. That's a plenty to have a JV. I think they just don't want to have it. 

scrapman

Quote from: fann07 on October 26, 2017, 10:43:02 am
i don't think it's numbers. They have 59 on the sr high roster. That's a plenty to have a JV. I think they just don't want to have it.
Confused here...serious question, what are the benefits of not having it if you have good numbers? Are coaches lazy? Scared to get young kids hurt? I can only see good coming from it if you have 60 kids out. Teams with way less are playing JV.

Neckred

Plenty of players.  JV is a waste of time for most programs 4A and below

richboy

October 26, 2017, 06:16:01 pm #227 Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 06:19:00 pm by richboy
our 7th graders play in 7th grade. 8th graders are bumped up playing in 9th. Alot of talent coming up.

~WPS~

scrapman

Quote from: Neckred on October 26, 2017, 12:42:12 pm
Plenty of players.  JV is a waste of time for most programs 4A and below
Why

cuckoobird

It doesn't carry over to senior high. The streak is proof of that

scrapman

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 26, 2017, 10:14:19 pm
It doesn't carry over to senior high. The streak is proof of that
What are you talking about. I think you are on the wrong thread. JV is not JH.  And if you mean JV doesn't carry over, never thought I would hear someone say practice and reps are useless and don't carry over and help kids.

ResidentOfTheVILL

Have to ignore kookoo he doesn't  want to have anything positive about Nashville said

cuckoobird

I'm on the right thread. Nashville junior high not junior varsity

jay nelvin

Quote from: ResidentOfTheVILL on October 27, 2017, 09:53:44 am
Have to ignore kookoo he doesn't  want to have anything positive about Nashville said
Jealousy will do that to folks.

cuckoobird

Come on guys, I've said the streak was something to be proud of but I'm not jealous over titles won

scrapman

I was talking about JV and HS numbers and you chimed in about a JH streak. Didn't see what one had to do with the other. Thought you were confused.

cuckoobird

Jv doesn't necessarily help and i was using the streak as proof. Jv and jh are both extra reps

scrapman

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 27, 2017, 10:39:09 am
Jv doesn't necessarily help and i was using the streak as proof. Jv and jh are both extra reps
JH Is something everyone plays. Jv isnt....so you can get extra reps by doing so. It may not help. I would think you would want to get all the reps you can. It is called coaching. Probably the reason we have been decent even when talent is down here over the years. Not all can say the same. Some just say talent is down and take the L. It will be back up some day.

Neckred

Quote from: scrapman on October 27, 2017, 10:59:45 am
JH Is something everyone plays. Jv isnt....so you can get extra reps by doing so. It may not help. I would think you would want to get all the reps you can. It is called coaching. Probably the reason we have been decent even when talent is down here over the years. Not all can say the same. Some just say talent is down and take the L. It will be back up some day.
Apparently your coach got outcoached a few times lately.  Especially vs Pea Ridge and DeQueen

scrapman

Quote from: Neckred on October 27, 2017, 12:26:44 pm
Apparently your coach got outcoached a few times lately.  Especially vs Pea Ridge and DeQueen
It happens. Pretty sure you would take his record over your coaches record all time record.

Neckred

Quote from: scrapman on October 27, 2017, 01:01:39 pm
It happens. Pretty sure you would take his record over your coaches record all time record.
Record is not all that makes a great coach.  My grandma could have won most of the games he has won at Nashville

Neckred

Not saying the guy is a bad coach but I just don't think he is a guru either

richboy

Arkadelphia @ Nashville tomorrow at 7
Winner wins 4-7 jr high championship

scrapman

Quote from: richboy on November 01, 2017, 12:21:34 pm
Arkadelphia @ Nashville tomorrow at 7
Winner wins 4-7 jr high championship
Mercy rule

ABC™

Keep hearing about this stud QB Arkadelphia has that's getting college interest already.

richboy

Quote from: ABC™ on November 01, 2017, 06:21:15 pm
Keep hearing about this stud QB Arkadelphia has that's getting college interest already.
busta lol hes been bumped up to play a grade ahead every year besides this year because mom didnt approve.

cuckoobird

Well since no one has posted the score, I'm assuming the streak has ended

ResidentOfTheVILL

Ohhhhhhhhhhh Poor KooKoo  you want it so badly to be true you  poor soul game is not until  tonight

ABC™

Who plays junior high on Wednesday night?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas