• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Early State Champ Predictions

Started by Mr. Trill, February 23, 2015, 09:35:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who Will Win It All?

Clarendon
33 (30.8%)
Earle
16 (15%)
B.I.C.
5 (4.7%)
Junction City
32 (29.9%)
Another Squad
21 (19.6%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Ctucker

Just read your last post pick, that has killed us to we finally got one and in 2 years we have won 46 games we have not made it to big dance yet but I hope it's coming. Got 3 starters back loose a couple of good ones.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Ctucker on March 03, 2015, 08:54:44 pm
Chill pick I wouldn't be on here if it wasn't fun. Would like to meet you if we're at pangburn at the same time I'm only about 10 miles from pangburn might even cook u a steak. It's all good. You would like for Clarendon to win I would like somebody from north to win its all good.If JC wins I'm fine with that, looking forward to watching bell play and I will root for him he is a razorback after all.

I'm chill, it's just I keep catching flak for supporting Clarendon. I just want to see good basketball. But if Clarendon doesn't win, I hope England does. I like their coach, he's a good guy, and probably underrated in the coaching ranks.

I can eat a steak, so careful what you offer. Lol

Bigditchlion

Bell isn't wearing the razorback yet! I will when he does. I still think the hogs missed on dancy!

I will be for Clarendon and England. I'm sure momma would like to see that match up again. That was an exciting game. Only one way to see it though in the final.

Go Lions!

Ctucker

I like steak to and I don't offer if I don't plan on coming through if it can be worked out if not we would go eat but pangburn does not have anything.good friend of mine had a great BBQ but it burnt and won't be rebuilt in time for state. So I can at least buy u a chili pie at co session stand they have a good one there

Ctucker

I've been saying the same thing on dAncy why in the world didn't they recruit him?

MomaLion

Quote from: Bigditchlion on March 03, 2015, 09:01:18 pm
Bell isn't wearing the razorback yet! I will when he does. I still think the hogs missed on dancy!

I will be for Clarendon and England. I'm sure momma would like to see that match up again. That was an exciting game. Only one way to see it though in the final.

Go Lions!
I would love to see Lions winning it all and if my red ones don't get it done I will root for the purple ones :)

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Ctucker on March 03, 2015, 09:03:33 pm
I like steak to and I don't offer if I don't plan on coming through if it can be worked out if not we would go eat but pangburn does not have anything.good friend of mine had a great BBQ but it burnt and won't be rebuilt in time for state. So I can at least buy u a chili pie at co session stand they have a good one there

Well, I plan on attending some Saturday and or Sunday, depending on the match ups and the weather.

Ctucker

Man I'm a big fan of ceder ridge and I'm not from there so I understand. I just love good basketball. I will post you Saturday over there. Will if we get any service until then pray for this weather to miss us or not be real bad.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Bigditchlion on March 03, 2015, 09:01:18 pm

Go Lions!

Dancy is a great back but ha size doesn't quite fit the hugs style

Lions84

Go Clarendon keep winning and Win State this year.

Neabasketball

It's a shame junction and Clarendon are on the same side

THA TRUTH

MomaLion

bigworm

THA TRUTH

But I wonder why it's not a shame that Clarendon and Brinkley are on the same side

Donnie Jamon

How is Bigelow?  Epc plays them

MomaLion

Quote from: THA TRUTH on March 04, 2015, 07:09:01 pm
But I wonder why it's not a shame that Clarendon and Brinkley are on the same side
Because Brinkley has some major tests before they can get to Clarendon. If they can pull that off, they have a real shot at beating us.

MomaLion

MomaLion

Worm, y'all just take care of Earle ;)

Ctucker

Donnie I have not watched Bigelow but WCC played Quitman and beat them pretty bad. And I seen were Quitman beat them once this. I don't know if that means anything but I think EPC will handle them.

bigworm

Quote from: MomaLion on March 04, 2015, 07:55:41 pm
Worm, y'all just take care of Earle ;)

we tried that during football season.  But it aint football season.

bigworm

My bad. We tried epc. Wasnt paying attention.

MomaLion

Lol, out of the top bracket I think it's y'all and Earle...now y'all NEA folks don't get your drawers in a twist, that's my opinion.

Burks

Clarendon should win it all this season, after a State Runner up finish in 2014. I think Lions know what takes now.

Ctucker

I think it will be BIC or JC out of that bracket.Just my opinion so yall from Clarendon don't get your drawers in a twist.

Ctucker

Just joking about drawers twisted,but that is my pick. But good news for you momma I'm usually wrong!

bigworm

A 1 seed noone is talking about. What does anyone know about St. Josephs?

Mr. Trill

Earle got that whole side of the bracket covered, it's just the other side that's more scary

bigworm

MomaLion

Quote from: Ctucker on March 05, 2015, 12:15:45 am
Just joking about drawers twisted,but that is my pick. But good news for you momma I'm usually wrong!
It's not good or bad for me, I love my kiddos win or lose but it's great to see their hard work rewarded.

Ctucker

You are a great fan for your school.I commend you for that.Its great to see people with that much passion for their kids.

Ctucker

We have about 5 inches on the ground now and it's still snowing like crazy.We will be very lucky if it starts on Friday.

MomaLion

Quote from: Ctucker on March 05, 2015, 01:46:02 am
You are a great fan for your school.I commend you for that.Its great to see people with that much passion for their kids.
You see who the true fans are when your team is rebuilding or having bad years..I'm just as proud of my kiddos on the football field as I am of them on the basketball court...and in case you aren't familiar, out football program has been really down for several years...We finally have a coach that's rebuilding the program and the future is looking up but the past had been rough. That's the reason I tend to root for teams like Marvell...Because those kids get out there and do the best they can with little support...ok, that's my sappy moment for the night :)

MomaLion

Quote from: Ctucker on March 05, 2015, 01:49:37 am
We have about 5 inches on the ground now and it's still snowing like crazy.We will be very lucky if it starts on Friday.
I have no idea how much we have here but it just stopped sleeting over the last hour. There goes my basketball vacation lol.

bigworm

JC, Clarendon, and Earle all lose in 1st round.

bigworm

Come on folks!! This has gotten boring.

MomaLion

Lol it's the snow, it's sapping all the snark out of us   :o

Bigditchlion

Looks like it's game on tomorrow!! Here we go, it's win or go home.

CoachBates

I got to see Junction 3 times in the Regional last week and since PC is not in the boys tournament I feel safe commenting on this.  JC puts more good athletes on the floor than I've ever seen for a AA school.  They can hurt you inside and out.  If you let them get out and run the floor they will flat out embarrass you.  I don't understand why they don't run more hi-lo stuff with Grayson and Bell but they still have no problem putting up a lot of points.  They have all the tools necessary to win it all.  If they have a weakness it's on defense where it seems at times they get a little sloppy and go for too many steals which led to some open looks for the opposition in the semi's and final's last week.  When they are punched in on defense they are just plain NASTY. 
I haven't seen Clarendon or EPC or Earle (but we got a heavy dose of them in football).  I've heard all 3 are solid. 
But to me the state title is JC's to lose until someone proves differently. 
They are a fun group to watch and through summer 7 on 7's I've gotten to know a lot of the players a little bit.  They seem to be a really good group of kids to boot.
Good luck Dragons!  (you won't hear that from us PC folks too often!!  LOL!)

BigLion10

Game day tomorrow time to separate the pretenders and contenders

Cheek

Quote from: CoachBates on March 06, 2015, 10:18:44 am
I got to see Junction 3 times in the Regional last week and since PC is not in the boys tournament I feel safe commenting on this.  JC puts more good athletes on the floor than I've ever seen for a AA school.  They can hurt you inside and out.  If you let them get out and run the floor they will flat out embarrass you.  I don't understand why they don't run more hi-lo stuff with Grayson and Bell but they still have no problem putting up a lot of points.  They have all the tools necessary to win it all.  If they have a weakness it's on defense where it seems at times they get a little sloppy and go for too many steals which led to some open looks for the opposition in the semi's and final's last week.  When they are punched in on defense they are just plain NASTY. 
I haven't seen Clarendon or EPC or Earle (but we got a heavy dose of them in football).  I've heard all 3 are solid. 
They are a fun group to watch and through summer 7 on 7's I've gotten to know a lot of the players a little bit.  They seem to be a really good group of kids to boot.

I agree with your assessment 100%, but you have not added the Knox factor.  Clarendon is a good team without Knox, but is a great team with him.     

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Could possibly be the competition you saw j.c. play that makes them look so superior. 😀

MomaLion

Quote from: Cheek on March 06, 2015, 10:48:24 am

I agree with your assessment 100%, but you have not added the Knox factor.  Clarendon is a good team without Knox, but is a great team with him.     
I like that...the Knox factor :) ...he does spark the whole team.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 06, 2015, 11:31:10 am

Could possibly be the competition you saw j.c. play that makes them look so superior. 😀

Jc could do the exact same Clarendon did to thee competition so yea

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: THA TRUTH on March 06, 2015, 01:49:03 pm
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 06, 2015, 11:31:10 am

Jc could do the exact same Clarendon did to thee competition so yea

How many teams from j.c.'s conference made it out of regionals?

THA TRUTH

Just one less than clarendons and that's only cause jamong young decided to quit basketball

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: THA TRUTH on March 06, 2015, 02:11:55 pm
Just one less than clarendons and that's only cause jamong young decided to quit basketball

And how many ranked in the top 6 out of the demozette?

CT

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 06, 2015, 02:16:05 pm

And how many teams from clarendons conference are ranked ahead of JC other than Clarendon?

MomaLion

Quote from: CT on March 06, 2015, 03:04:20 pm

And how Manu ranked in the top 6 out of the demozette?
And how many teams from clarendons conference are ranked ahead of JC other than Clarendon?
That doesn't make any sense...what could that possibly have to do with anything?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: CT on March 06, 2015, 03:04:20 pm

Well, you answered your own question Mr. Special.

But there were 2 other top 6 teams in their region.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas