• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mount Ida

Started by M.I Time, February 23, 2015, 07:10:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

M.I Time

Mount Ida boys have improved a lot In the past month , but ho does everyone think the game between them and Brinkley will go down?

BrianfromCarlisle

Brinkley is a hot hot team right now. 

brown2010

brian what happen to Carlisle girls

BrianfromCarlisle

They couldn't buy a shot and Clarendon played very well.  Clarendon is hot right now.  Carlisle looked off to be honest. 

M.I Time

From what we here Brinkley is rolling . What do they have ?

jbtiger73

A team with nothing but Jr's and sophomores and supremely athletic

MomaLion

Cheek

February 24, 2015, 09:05:32 am #7 Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 10:13:38 am by Cheek
Quote from: MomaLion on February 23, 2015, 11:14:27 pm
Be ready to run.

Be ready to slow down, Ouachita will not run.   Clarendon should win this game, but I expect it to be close early.  Ouachita has two really good players.  Their No. 2  would start for anyone in 2AA.   They have a Soph.  I think he is number 23 who can shoot the three ball.  If he gets hot, things could get interesting.  He will never slow down, and will shoot as soon as he crosses half court .

MomaLion

They don't have to run, they can stand there and watch when we steal the ball and run :) lol...just kidding, we've done a lot of half court ball this year as well.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Cheek on February 24, 2015, 09:05:32 am
Be ready to run.

Be ready to slow down, Ouachita will not run.   Clarendon should win this game, but I expect it to be close early.  Ouachita has two really good players.  Their No. 2  would start for anyone in 2AA.   They have a Soph.  I think he is number 23 who can shoot the three ball.  If he I gets hot.  things could get interesting.  He will never slow down, and will shoot as soon as he crosses half court .

Did They beat England? Or play them close?

Cheek

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 24, 2015, 09:51:01 am
Quote from: Cheek on February 24, 2015, 09:05:32 am
Be ready to run.

Be ready to slow down, Ouachita will not run.   Clarendon should win this game, but I expect it to be close early.  Ouachita has two really good players.  Their No. 2  would start for anyone in 2AA.   They have a Soph.  I think he is number 23 who can shoot the three ball.  If he I gets hot.  things could get interesting.  He will never slow down, and will shoot as soon as he crosses half court .

Did They beat England? Or play them close?

We did not lose a conference game in Boys or Girls.  Ouachita played us close for awhile every time we played.  It was very close at their home gym for three quarters,  as they did not miss much on their rims.  The No. 23 was hitting NBA 3's and was keeping the game close. 

MomaLion

Clarendon-Holly Grove is traditionally a second half team.

Bigditchlion

Mt Ida and Ouachita are both excellent shooting teams. The don't miss many free throws and shoot the perimeter well! Poyen can play well inside for sure! Nobody will move goodman if he is standing there. These will be interesting match ups to watch

M.I Time

Done some scouting and I think mount Ida pulls out a close one by 4

jbtiger73

im curious to what did you exactly scout? if Y'all scouted like you did in football, then once again, you've misjudged my friend.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: jbtiger73 on February 25, 2015, 02:32:58 pm
im curious to what did you exactly scout? if Y'all scouted like you did in football, then once again, you've misjudged my friend.

Now JB, you know they are a basketball conference, well except during regular season  football then they are a football conference, come playoffs They are a basketball conference, then come tournament time they become a baseball conference riding on poyens shoulders. Lol

jbtiger73

im just saying Pick. it was the same assumption. now I do believe its gonna be tough, because its an 8 p.m. tip at their place. and im sure their fans will be riled up because of what happened in football. so im expecting some, not so favorable calls and treatment along with my fellow 6 brethren down in M.I.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: jbtiger73 on February 25, 2015, 02:53:41 pm
im just saying Pick. it was the same assumption. now I do believe its gonna be tough, because its an 8 p.m. tip at their place. and im sure their fans will be riled up because of what happened in football. so im expecting some, not so favorable calls and treatment along with my fellow 6 brethren down in M.I.

Oh, I'm sure it will be less than favorable conditions.

jbtiger73

especially with players with the "revenge factor" on their minds. hopefully we can make them play our game, and run them out early.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: jbtiger73 on February 25, 2015, 03:00:57 pm
especially with players with the "revenge factor" on their minds. hopefully we can make them play our game, and run them out early.

I doubt the zebras allow that.

keohog

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 25, 2015, 02:48:08 pm

Now JB, you know they are a basketball conference, well except during regular season  football then they are a football conference, come playoffs They are a basketball conference, then come tournament time they become a baseball conference riding on poyens shoulders. Lol
So your saying the 5 is not any good at anything.

M.I Time

I mean don't get me wrong Brinkley has a great team , and they had a good football team . But I just believe mount Ida will have a good game and come out with the upset , plus I doubt any of our kids will get jabbed in the eye this time , . But now this is where all of you hate on mount Ida .  It's gunna be a great game like or hate us

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: keohog on February 25, 2015, 03:56:17 pm
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 25, 2015, 02:48:08 pm

So your saying the 5 is not any good at anything.

Outside of England, that would be correct. Lol

M.I Time

Well we aren't in the 5 in football so try again

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: M.I Time on February 25, 2015, 03:59:36 pm
Well we aren't in the 5 in football so try again

Then I reckon that doesn't apply to mount Ida then does it?

M.I Time

February 25, 2015, 04:03:24 pm #25 Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 11:12:24 am by M.I Time
I

M.I Time

Just know mount Ida has been waiting to get back at Brinkley and now they have a chance . Me along with the rest of the town will be there cheering them on I can promise you that

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: M.I Time on February 25, 2015, 04:05:02 pm
Just know mount Ida has been waiting to get back at Brinkley and now they have a chance . Me along with the rest of the town will be there cheering them on I can promise you that

You only stand a chance of winning with the assistance of the zebras, I can promise you that. So now we have both made promises.

M.I Time

Only difference is my promise is true .but hey goodluck to yall and have a safe travel see yall at regionals

bigworm

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 25, 2015, 04:11:38 pm

You only stand a chance of winning with the assistance of the zebras, I can promise you that. So now we have both made promises.

So when MI wins it will be because the refs helped?  ;D

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: bigworm on February 25, 2015, 04:35:06 pm
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 25, 2015, 04:11:38 pm

So when MI wins it will be because the refs helped?  ;D

I don't think they when it without them. 😁

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: M.I Time on February 25, 2015, 04:25:31 pm
Only difference is my promise is true .but hey goodluck to yall and have a safe travel see yall at regionals

Mine is too, you just may not want to admit it. Lol

Good luck to y'all too.

M.I Time

MomaLion

Quote from: jbtiger73 on February 25, 2015, 02:53:41 pm
We got your back JB, We will be there cheering for y'all.

MomaLion

Quote from: M.I Time on February 25, 2015, 03:56:57 pm
I mean don't get me wrong Brinkley has a great team , and they had a good football team . But I just believe mount Ida will have a good game and come out with the upset , plus I doubt any of our kids will get jabbed in the eye this time , . But now this is where all of you hate on mount Ida .  It's gunna be a great game like or hate us
Actually I've heard a lot about Mt Ida playing really dirty on their home court. Don't think Brinkley is gonna lay down for that.

bigworm

MI wont need to play dirty if the brinkley team that showed up last night shows up in Mount Ida.

MomaLion

Ok, you are wanting to say Brinkley wasn't good last night but did you ever think that Clarendon had something to do with that???

M.I Time

Well mount Ida plays there game , they just play to win best I can tell . I don't know if Brinkley has any room to talk about playing dirty . But I think it will be a good game to the finish .

MomaLion

bigworm

Oh really? Well that changes everything. They were awesome!

MomaLion

Go ahead and sleep on them because that's what Augusta did and we see how that ended.

M.I Time

These are two good teams that will both play some good basketball . Bottom line is whoever wins will have to earn it

bigworm

Why would you think anyone is sleeping on them? MI is licking their chops to get a chance at them. I'd say yall are the ones sleeping on them.

MomaLion

Nope, nobody from the 6 is sleeping, just saying that IF MI wins, they will have to work for it.

jsky14

Pretty sure the home team doesn't pick the refs. For what it's worth.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: jsky14 on February 25, 2015, 09:05:55 pm
Pretty sure the home team doesn't pick the refs. For what it's worth.

Assigned by AAA this time of year...

jsky14

But if you think you're gonna get ripped off going in, that won't change your mind.

MomaLion

I was just warned about playing MI at MI...That they play dirty...not bad refs. But honestly refs have been awful all season everywhere so that's just a given.

bigworm

Quote from: MomaLion on February 25, 2015, 09:51:50 pm
I was just warned about playing MI at MI...That they play dirty...not bad refs. But honestly refs have been awful all season everywhere so that's just a given.

have yall played at mt ida?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bigworm on February 25, 2015, 10:11:54 pm
Quote from: MomaLion on February 25, 2015, 09:51:50 pm

have yall played at mt ida?

Been a few years since Hector was in Mt Ida's conference...but there was a 40 point swing between our gym and theirs. Not saying it was the refs, but it's not often you lose to a team you mercy ruled in the first match up...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas