• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A-3 District @ EPC Lepanto,AR

Started by redrider30, February 18, 2015, 10:54:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

pioneers

February 19, 2015, 08:54:23 am #50 Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 08:56:31 am by pioneers
After talking to a coach about this situation here is what he told me.
1. The district is not ran by the AAA meaning that if they just wanted to play first two round games and seed the teams that make it to region off of conference then they could do that.
2. The regional tournament will not be delayed because of the district tournament it will start on its regular date no matter what.
3. They could split up and play in two different gyms to cut some days off and then play semis and finals at epc.
4. In order to play 2 games in a game you must have at least a 5 hour break in between games.

And there isn't a rule saying that you can't play if your out of school it is the superintendent Call of the team that is hosting the tournament. So if epc superintendent would say that we are having the tournament then the tournament would be played and teams would have to show up but in most cases the superintendent takes into account how conditions are for the other schools not just the roads around them.

MomaLion

The last part isn't entirely true. ..some schools have a policy that says no school,  no after school activities.

pioneers

Quote from: MomaLion on February 19, 2015, 09:24:54 am
The last part isn't entirely true. ..some schools have a policy that says no school,  no after school activities.
i was referring to AAA rules saying that. Some schools may have that rule but ultimately it's up to the host school superintendent to say if games will be played or not.

redrider30

I hope EPC is going through all the scenarios and comes up with a plan and they let all the coaches in the district know so they can prepare their teams accordingly. The plan in place now is fixing to be voided unless the national weather service is completely wrong about their forecast. If every moved back another day our teams in the 2A-3 will all be playing 5 out 6 days and some 6 out of 8 days while the other conference is off Tuesday. That is if we can play Saturday.

pioneers

Quote from: redrider30 on February 19, 2015, 11:29:16 am
I hope EPC is going through all the scenarios and comes up with a plan and they let all the coaches in the district know so they can prepare their teams accordingly. The plan in place now is fixing to be voided unless the national weather service is completely wrong about their forecast. If every moved back another day our teams in the 2A-3 will all be playing 5 out 6 days and some 6 out of 8 days while the other conference is off Tuesday. That is if we can play Saturday.
Me personally I think they should just play out until semi finals. Then seed the teams that make it to regional by seeding in conference. I know some people may not like that but that seems like the most reasonable thing to not cheat any teams of making it to regionals and you can still have a break in games of having to play so many games in back to back days.

RedWolf275

I would say if you start it finish it. No need to just play early round games. These teams have played each other all year. They have waited this long. Lets have a true district champ.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Any word yet if they are starting today??

BoxNOne

Must be playing today,Mustang. Riverside is having school today so I figure word would be out by now.

bdubyab60

I saw on Facebook that EPC girls are playing today. Not sure what time everything starts

bdubyab60

redrider30

If they can't play tomorrow I wish they would play the quarterfinals during the day Saturday and semis that night. Most 16-18 year olds can play two games in one day easy. In team camps sometimes you play as many as 4 games in a day. So one time wouldn't be that bad. The 5 out of 6 next week not as bad for the home team or the ones who are close to EPC or BIC.

Silky Johnson

These games mean a little more than a summer camp game plus it's a complete different competitive environment and usually called different. That being said if games are 5 or 6 hours apart teams should be ready.

RedWolf275

Redrider, I wouldn't be too worried about Marmaduke girls getting worn out. They have a lot of players. Earle boys like to rest their starters anyway so it shouldn't matter to them either

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: RedWolf275 on February 19, 2015, 01:44:05 pm
Redrider, I wouldn't be too worried about Marmaduke girls getting worn out. They have a lot of players. Earle boys like to rest their starters anyway so it shouldn't matter to them either

SHADE

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

;D ;D

NEAsupporter

Boys Final Score: Riverside 47 Rector 44.

NEAsupporter

Marked Tree boys up 20 on Cross County when I left, going into the 4th.

Donnie Jamon

Dogg

it doesn't matter, Earle earned the right to rest them. The conference was already decided. Are you calling the Earle coaches boys?

RedWolf275

ISU7

Quote from: Dogg on February 19, 2015, 06:55:30 pm
it doesn't matter, Earle earned the right to rest them. The conference was already decided. Are you calling the Earle coaches boys?
Earle did their job and won conference .If a team decided to rest players, it's their business. Maybe the other team should've won enough games where they wouldn't have to depend on another team.

birddawg1986

Riverside 47 Rector 44

Marked Tree 64. Cross Co 38

Marmaduke 60   CRA 32

Earle girls advance + EPC girls

Dogg

Quote from: RedWolf275 on February 19, 2015, 07:26:49 pm
Referring to Earle boys team.
You posted Earle boys like to rest their starters. Only the coach which is a grown man can make that decision. So who are you referring to as a boy? Sounds like to me you're calling the Earle coaches boys. But on another thread you talk about honor, integrity and values. Having class......
But you can call and 60 yr old basketball coach a boy.
Class act right.

RedWolf275

I really don't what you are talking about.

Dogg

This is what I'm talking about Mr. Class Act
" Earle boys like to rest their starters" the only person responsible for resting starters is the head coach. You wrote it, so who are the boys you're referring to? The head coach and his assistant are the only logical choices. 

redrider30

Hey red wolf. I not worried about anything or any team. 9 more to go.

RedWolf275

Quote from: redrider30 on February 19, 2015, 09:57:06 pm
Hey red wolf. I not worried about anything or any team. 9 more to go.

Redrider just from what I see from around the state, I think you have good shot this year. You know there are some good teams out there but I like your chances.

pioneers

What games are tomorrow and what time are they?

redrider30

We just need to keep healthy. A storied program here with the girls but have never won it. We feel good about our chances. This group of seniors record since 9th grade is 140-15. Not to shabby.

Dogg

You can call Earle fans classless but then call the coach a boy? Where is your integrity and set of values now. Oh I get it now, who said it determines if it classless or not.  Where in America can you call a grown African Amercan man a boy and it's not perceived a racial slur? If you really didn't mean to say that, all you had to do was modify your lpost. Being a coward about it reveals character, trying to ignore it reveals morals, values and how you were raised.

birddawg1986

Friday February 20th Games (If not snowed/sleeted out)

Girls  4:00  BIC vs Earle
Boys 5:30  Marked Tree vs Marmaduke
Girls  7:00  Riverside vs EPC
Boys 8:30  Riverside vs BIC

pioneers

Quote from: Dogg on February 20, 2015, 05:00:22 am
You can call Earle fans classless but then call the coach a boy? Where is your integrity and set of values now. Oh I get it now, who said it determines if it classless or not.  Where in America can you call a grown African Amercan man a boy and it's not perceived a racial slur? If you really didn't mean to say that, all you had to do was modify your lpost. Being a coward about it reveals character, trying to ignore it reveals morals, values and how you were raised.
Why do you have to bring race into it? I don't think that is necessary he never once called the coach an African American or anything like that so why did you bring that up for?

redrider30

He should have said. The Earle boys team. I took it that way since we were talking about a girls team first and that he just meant the Earle boys team. He was referring to the two # 1 teams. If you meant it like this then just modify your post so it doesn't offend anyone.  Nothing wrong with saying I'm sorry and changing it.

Dogg

Dogg

Quote from: pioneers on February 20, 2015, 07:26:08 am
Why do you have to bring race into it? I don't think that is necessary he never once called the coach an African American or anything like that so why did you bring that up for?
Now all of a sudden your reading comprehension skills are off.  He referred to the authority figures on the bench as boys. Much class!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: redrider30 on February 20, 2015, 07:52:29 am
He should have said. The Earle boys team. I took it that way since we were talking about a girls team first and that he just meant the Earle boys team. He was referring to the two # 1 teams. If you meant it like this then just modify your post so it doesn't offend anyone.  Nothing wrong with saying I'm sorry and changing it.

I agree with nothing being wrong with saying  "I'm sorry", but bringing the race card into EVERYTHING is getting old. When a person does that, it makes me wonder who the real racist is in the conversation.

pioneers

Quote from: Dogg on February 20, 2015, 08:17:12 am
Quote from: pioneers on February 20, 2015, 07:26:08 am
Now all of a sudden your reading comprehension skills are off.  He referred to the authority figures on the bench as boys. Much class!
Now all of a sudden your avoiding my question. Why bring race into it? That's much class of you to practically saying that he is being racist when you read something in a different context that he may have intended it to be. Sure he should make his post more clear but bringing up race come on man there's no need in doing that.

redrider30

I enjoy being on here with fans from all schools and hearing their points of view about high school basketball. Sometimes I even learn things that I didn't know just by listening to people who might have a different vantage point than I do. That being said it only takes a couple of hard heads that have no tolerance for each other( both just looking for something to argue about) and the discussion is changed into something that this forum has nothing to do with. If there was a misunderstanding just get over it, both of you and get back to basketball. Until then I'm done.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: redrider30 on February 20, 2015, 09:01:01 am
I enjoy being on here with fans from all schools and hearing their points of view about high school basketball. Sometimes I even learn things that I didn't know just by listening to people who might have a different vantage point than I do. That being said it only takes a couple of hard heads that have no tolerance for each other( both just looking for something to argue about) and the discussion is changed into something that this forum has nothing to do with. If there was a misunderstanding just get over it, both of you and get back to basketball. Until then I'm done.

Seems to happen all to often.

NEark tigers

I believe most people are upset because the Bulldog Nation decided to rest some of their starters. If your team wins the conference, you deserve rest....

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Well ,  how is it looking for a 1pm tip off at EPC?    Lady Mustangs trying to clinch a regional spot against the Earle Lady Bulldogs  should be a good one !!

Dogg

its called a lack of understanding as it relates to cultural diversity. In Earle Arkansas it's cinsidered a racial slur! Showing class would be demonstrated by modifying a post to say the coaches rest those boys from Earle or Murray rest his boys. Sorry is demonstrated in action by way of making corrections. Where im from, meaning the culture I was raised in that's unacceptable.  It's classless to call a grown man a boy. If a mistake was made or poor choice of words correct it ,but now that you know what it means to some of us and you choose to let it stay that way.........
Where the class

BoxNOne

February 20, 2015, 09:31:23 am #92 Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 09:34:42 am by BoxNOne
Quote from: redrider30 on February 20, 2015, 07:52:29 am

Redrider, Redwolf posted immediately after it was brought up that he was "referring to Earle boys team". Pretty clear to me.

Dogg

pioneers

Quote from: Dogg on February 20, 2015, 09:23:52 am
its called a lack of understanding as it relates to cultural diversity. In Earle Arkansas it's cinsidered a racial slur! Showing class would be demonstrated by modifying a post to say the coaches rest those boys from Earle or Murray rest his boys. Sorry is demonstrated in action by way of making corrections. Where im from, meaning the culture I was raised in that's unacceptable.  It's classless to call a grown man a boy. If a mistake was made or poor choice of words correct it ,but now that you know what it means to some of us and you choose to let it stay that way.........
Where the class
He never once said earles coaches are boys. You are taking this out of context. He was referring to marmaduke girls then said Earle boys referring to the boys team. Not a poor choice of words to me but I'm not coming into this closed minded.

bdubyab60

I never took his comment that way. He corrected himself yet some keep on it an then turn it racial. freaking stupid you could tell he didn't mean anything by the comment.

Resting players is bull crap and you know it. They could have rested the week before when the game was scheduled instead of forfeiting and nothing would have been said.

They sure put them in long enough against Hughes.

Did Earle earn the right to rest players absolutely. How they went about it is another story

redrider30

February 20, 2015, 09:59:18 am #96 Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 10:02:21 am by redrider30
 I took it that he was talking about Earle Boys team because he just talked about the Marmaduke girls team. If he said Marmaduke girls I don't think I would think he was calling Coach Smith a girl. Whole thing took out of context.

bdubyab60

Quote from: BICMUSTANG4LIFE on February 20, 2015, 09:17:42 am
Well ,  how is it looking for a 1pm tip off at EPC?    Lady Mustangs trying to clinch a regional spot against the Earle Lady Bulldogs  should be a good one !!
Light dusting on the roads here. Still grooves to drive in but I haven't heard anything. Havent checked the forecast yet to see what might happen later.

redrider30

February 20, 2015, 10:03:49 am #98 Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 10:06:46 am by redrider30
bdubyab let us know when you hear about games. We have to drive over an hour to get there today.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: BICMUSTANG4LIFE on February 20, 2015, 09:17:42 am

Lets talk some basket basketball!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas