• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A-3 District @ EPC Lepanto,AR

Started by redrider30, February 18, 2015, 10:54:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Dogg

Quote from: pioneers on February 20, 2015, 09:54:16 am
Quote from: Dogg on February 20, 2015, 09:23:52 am
its called a lack of understanding as it relates to cultural diversity. In Earle Arkansas it's cinsidered a racial slur! Showing class would be demonstrated by modifying a post to say the coaches rest those boys from Earle or Murray rest his boys. Sorry is demonstrated in action by way of making corrections. Where im from, meaning the culture I was raised in that's unacceptable.  It's classless to call a grown man a boy. If a mistake was made or poor choice of words correct it ,but now that you know what it means to some of us and you choose to let it stay that way.........
Where the class
He never once said earles coaches are boys. You are taking this out of context. He was referring to marmaduke girls then said Earle boys referring to the boys team. Not a poor choice of words to me but I'm not coming into this closed minded.
" not to me" well it shouldn't be

BoxNOne

Quote from: bdubyab60 on February 20, 2015, 09:57:58 am
I never took his comment that way. He corrected himself yet some keep on it an then turn it racial. freaking stupid you could tell he didn't mean anything by the comment.

Resting players is bull crap and you know it. They could have rested the week before when the game was scheduled instead of forfeiting and nothing would have been said.

They sure put them in long enough against Hughes.

Did Earle earn the right to rest players absolutely. How they went about it is another story

+1 on that Bdub. When you can't even refer to a boys team as boys after calling a girls team as girls, things are becoming really sad.

Dogg

I never took his comment that way. He corrected himself yet some keep on it an then turn it racial. freaking stupid you could tell he didn't mean anything by the comment.

Resting players is bull crap and you know it. They could have rested the week before when the game was scheduled instead of forfeiting and nothing would have been said.

Did Earle earn the right to rest players absolutely. How they went about it is another story
bduby whats wrong with it?

redrider30

I guess from now on we should refer to Earle's boys team as the Earle males. Would this make everyone happy?

BoxNOne

Quote from: BICMUSTANG4LIFE on February 20, 2015, 10:04:23 am
Quote from: BICMUSTANG4LIFE on February 20, 2015, 09:17:42 am
Well ,  how is it looking for a 1pm tip off at EPC?    Lady Mustangs trying to clinch a regional spot against the Earle Lady Bulldogs  should be a good one !!

Lets talk some basket basketball!!

Mustang, do you know if BT is moving the McFarland kid up off jr high squad? He looks like he could help.

BoxNOne

Quote from: redrider30 on February 20, 2015, 10:11:11 am
I guess from now on we should refer to Earle's boys team as the Earle males. Would this make everyone happy?

Redrider, I believe you have come up with the solution.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

I was told he was moving 5 of them up. 

BoxNOne

Quote from: BICMUSTANG4LIFE on February 20, 2015, 10:17:37 am

I don't really see any of the others helping much but McFarland could be a factor. He is a good solid all around player who can can play inside or out.

Dogg

just call him coach or by his first or last name.
" the boys from Earle rested their starters"
If the Earle loss would have benefited riverside resting the starters would not have mattered at all

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: BoxNOne on February 20, 2015, 10:25:45 am

I don't really see any of the others helping much but McFarland could be a factor. He is a good solid all around player who can can play inside or out.

Yes I agree he might give them some help with handling some pressure. 

redrider30

The kid is a winner also. Never hurts to add that mentality to your team. He's been taught right by his dad.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: redrider30 on February 20, 2015, 10:41:58 am
The kid is a winner also. Never hurts to add that mentality to your team. He's been taught right by his dad.

Yes he is & we could use an injection. 

redrider30

I agree. You should be alright against Riverside, they struggled against Rector last night but you can never count out Buster in elimination games. He has a way of getting his team up for big games at tournament time.

bdubyab60

bdubyab60

butchreed

Quote from: Dogg on February 20, 2015, 10:33:59 am
just call him coach or by his first or last name.
" the boys from Earle rested their starters"
If the Earle loss would have benefited riverside resting the starters would not have mattered at all

here's the exact thread quote, i don't believe it said the boys from Earle.
Redrider, I wouldn't be too worried about Marmaduke girls getting worn out. They have a lot of players. Earle boys like to rest their starters anyway so it shouldn't matter to them either

Head Lion

bdubyab60

Quote from: Dogg on February 20, 2015, 10:10:17 am

bduby whats wrong with it?
I really only have a problem with the trying to forfeit. It's just stupid. I just don't think it had anything to do with rest.

bdubyab60

Games are on regular schedule so they start at 4

Head Lion

BoxNOne

Quote from: bdubyab60 on February 20, 2015, 11:20:19 am
Games are on regular schedule so they start at 4

Thanks bdub. Actually looks like an improving forecast tonight as it warms up. On this other topic I think you may be beating your head against a very hard wall.

redrider30

That's great news. This way the Marmaduke girl's and the Earle male's can get a game in this week.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

So a 4pm tip off !!     Go Mustangs!! Both teams going for a regional birth which will be at the MAC next week. Hope we are playing & not parking cars !!!

redrider30

This will probably be the best night of the tournament. 4 really competitive games.

birddawg1986

Better start warming up if they are going to play today. It raining pretty good from Osceola to Marked Tree, temps aint rising 25 wind chill 16 ???

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

The weather forecast I'm looking at shows it not getting above 32 degrees until like 9pm.   If the games are played we all need to be praying for safe travels for all the teams. I have seen on the news today several buses in the ditch in other parts of the state. 

birddawg1986

Quote from: BICMUSTANG4LIFE on February 20, 2015, 11:57:12 am
The weather forecast I'm looking at shows it not getting above 32 degrees until like 9pm.   If the games are played we all need to be praying for safe travels for all the teams. I have seen on the news today several buses in the ditch in other parts of the state.
You are 100% correct. I seen where the district tournaments in Rose Bud & Lonoke and been cancelled for today.

redrider30

I hope it doesn't start freezing on roads after the sun goes down. Should have played earlier today just like yesterday.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: redrider30 on February 20, 2015, 11:44:38 am
This will probably be the best night of the tournament. 4 really competitive games.

It will pack out too! Enviroment will be electric by the last game! Anytime you have BIC/Riverside.Both have
big followings.  I bet it gets a little rowdy! ;)

Head Lion

Quote from: NEAsupporter on February 19, 2015, 05:01:38 pm
Boys Final Score: Riverside 47 Rector 44.
This should be stated as a Males final score. :D ;D ::) ???

HorseFeathers

good lord folks..... Can we keep it on topic here? Don.t get political and coming on here getting upset over someone saying earle boys like to rest their starters...and trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill... Anyway please carry on about DISTRICT tournament....

pioneers

Do you think that the walling boy will get any playing time? He was a good point guard just don't know if his body is mature enough for the high school level

NeaBaller21

Looking forward to the classic Bill vs Buster , Riverside vs BIC matchup for a spot in the Regionals. Who's ready?

cotnhauler

Quote from: BICMUSTANG4LIFE on February 20, 2015, 12:08:02 pm

It will pack out too! Enviroment will be electric by the last game! Anytime you have BIC/Riverside.Both have
One things is for sure. The loser of this game will have been cheated by the referees.

spursfan

Is this tournament still on today?  What is the schedule?

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: cotnhauler on February 20, 2015, 03:58:45 pm
Quote from: BICMUSTANG4LIFE on February 20, 2015, 12:08:02 pm

One things is for sure. The loser of this game will have been cheated by the referees.

You got that right.  I feel sorry for the Refs.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: pioneers on February 20, 2015, 03:05:26 pm
Do you think that the walling boy will get any playing time? He was a good point guard just don't know if his body is mature enough for the high school level

Man he can play at the level he is now. as far as moving up & playing against kids 3 -4 years older than him he will have a hard time BUT if we need a shooter in the game to spot up.   he might be an option.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

lady Mustangs up at halftime I've been told 27-19

NEAsupporter

Quote from: NeaBaller21 on February 20, 2015, 03:16:28 pm
Looking forward to the classic Bill vs Buster , Riverside vs BIC matchup for a spot in the Regionals. Who's ready?
I definitely am.

spursfan

NeaBaller21

NEAsupporter

Any predictions for the BIC-Riverside game?

NeaBaller21

Neafan12

Quote from: NEAsupporter on February 20, 2015, 06:15:28 pm
Any predictions for the BIC-Riverside game?

BIC should be clear favorites, more athletic, taller, and stronger defense! No one for riverside will stop pike in my opinion that kids a beast, overall I hope to see a good close rivalry basketball game!

NeaBaller21

Neafan12

Quote from: NeaBaller21 on February 20, 2015, 06:32:46 pm
They held him to 6 first game

He's also had a triple double last three games I'd say playing pretty well going into district!

NeaBaller21

NEAsupporter

ISU7

Quote from: BICMUSTANG4LIFE on February 20, 2015, 11:40:34 am
So a 4pm tip off !!     Go Mustangs!! Both teams going for a regional birth which will be at the MAC next week. Hope we are playing & not parking cars !!!
Or running into them" 😄😃

pioneers

The better question is how many technicals will be called. I will set the over/under at 2 technicals combined.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas