• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dermott Rams 7AA West

Started by djyungstylez, February 12, 2015, 08:48:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

djyungstylez

February 12, 2015, 08:48:21 am Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 08:55:20 am by djyungstylez
Not seeing much talk, but Dermott is a sleeper team in AA.  Dermott has won 19 games by an average of 20+ points, and only lost to Junction City by 5 in a close game.  I think the Rams will be a problem for alot of teams this year, any insight??

Cheek

Quote from: djyungstylez on February 12, 2015, 08:48:21 am
Not seeing much talk, but Dermott is a sleeper team in AA.  Dermott has won 19 games by an average of 20+ points, and only lost to Junction City by 5 in a close game.  I think the Rams will be a problem for alot of teams this year, any insight??

It has surprised me they are running under the radar.  I think they have a good team.

djyungstylez

Yes, I agree.  We will see when tournament play starts.

birddawg1986

Haven't heard noise from Dermott in years. When I was a Sr they were state champs 1986 will Matt Matthews leading the way. Ended up being friends with him while he played the 2 years at UA-Monticello.

BoxNOne

They were champs in AA, which would be 3A these days, in 1989 also. Beat Riverside in the finals. It was a great game as Riverside trailed by 20 late in the 3rd but came back to lose by 3.

djyungstylez

They're looking pretty good this year, team is lead by two sophomore guards who started as freshman last year, they're dangerous. 

birddawg1986

Quote from: BoxNOne on February 13, 2015, 08:23:39 am
They were champs in AA, which would be 3A these days, in 1989 also. Beat Riverside in the finals. It was a great game as Riverside trailed by 20 late in the 3rd but came back to lose by 3.
Did not know they won again. I knew Buster (Riverside) had one team that was really good, but couldn't rememeber how long ago that was.

djyungstylez

Quote from: birddawg1986 on February 13, 2015, 08:45:54 am
Did not know they won again. I knew Buster (Riverside) had one team that was really good, but couldn't rememeber how long ago that was.

Yeah we have 4 state titles in Dermott, unfortunately the last was 94

BoxNOne

Quote from: birddawg1986 on February 13, 2015, 08:45:54 am

It is very debatable that was Riversides best team but it did go the furthest in state.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas