• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ADG Super Six for 02/08/15

Started by bleudog, February 08, 2015, 12:17:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ridgerunner14

February 11, 2015, 08:28:27 pm #100 Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 09:09:18 pm by ridgerunner14
l

THA TRUTH

Quote from: bdubyab60 on February 11, 2015, 03:55:02 pm
Quote from: MomaLion on February 11, 2015, 01:09:23 pm
Quote from: bdubyab60 on February 11, 2015, 08:18:00 am
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 11, 2015, 07:27:16 am
Quote from: bdubyab60 on February 11, 2015, 06:57:36 am
Quote from: MomaLion on February 11, 2015, 06:00:43 am
Quote from: doubled on February 10, 2015, 11:42:36 pm
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 10, 2015, 11:13:27 pm
Quote from: bdog32 on February 10, 2015, 11:03:14 pm
After watching the WCC CR game tonight I would say that if wcc can get out of the region they can win a game or 2 in state if not more. It's all about matchups and who you draw.  Wcc is very well coached and play very good man defense.  As far as Clarendon and jc go if they play a team that can handle pressure and make them work on defense then they can be beat.  They do nothing much on offense.  As far as CR goes no they are not last year's team at all but that doesn't mean that they are worse. Just different.  They are the type of team that would give Clarendon and jc fits because they would have the best player on the floor and can play at different speeds.  And seem to be well coached   in 3A I'm not sure how good ECS is because I have not seen them but I would put CR above the others ranked higher.  They are well coached and execute on offense very well and can guard   I'm ready for the post season to begin

If you are going to beat Clarendon, it will not be with a man defense, no offense, but no way does W.C.C. out athlete Clarendon or J.C. for that matter. Clarendon can run an offense when someone forces them too. Problem is, teams want to try to run with them and that's not happening. And I don't know who C.R. has that would be the best on the floor vs Clarendon or J.C., but if it's true, he must be some kinda special. J. Bell for J.C. is a beast and Ro for Clarendon can hold his own.

As for W.C.C. making noise in STATE, here is something to consider, they split with Augusta, per someone on here, which is pretty decent. BUT, Clarendon beat Augusta by 20+ both times.

I'm ready for the real season to start too.
as I remember CR beat Clarendon by 30 last year in the finals. As far as Clarendon goes they are the favorite to win it all in 2a but hang with ECS that's a big fat NO and CR would probably beat them this year too. Back to reality for those games will never be played you better not forget about Earle or EPC I've seen all these teams play and I'm going with EARLE to win it all in 2a.
CR is not the team they were last year and Clarendon returned everyone and is a year more experienced. I agree JC, Earle and Clarendon are in it to win it but I don't see EPC or WCC getting that close.
Yeah EPC just beat one of your favorites in their own gym. Not that close? Only losses of late were without 3 starters one game and those same three out most of another game while almost winning both of those. So EPC can beat any of the favorites.

This years favorites aren't outrigh favorites like CR was last year. Despite records I think Clarendon and JC are both beatable.

I would say going in, Clarendon is about as big of a favorite this year as C.R. was last year. Was C.R. undefeated last year? With multiple wins over larger schools?
While not undefeated they had beaten bigger schools. Ran through the NEA. Think they lost to one 2a school while playing with 5 players and their best 2 players hurt. A couple of their losses to Jonesboro, we all know how good they are and Brookland won state title. Hate to keep mentioning it but that CR team mercy ruled this Clarendon team.

Basically the same team that had to beat JC with a last second shot and you guys want to tell me that they are a bigger favorite than CR was. I don't think so.
I don't care if it was by 1 or 100, that was a tough tough game and both teams have their all. I doubt EPC could've come close to beating JC last year our this year.
You do realize we lost to them by 4 teh game before Clarendon beat them at the buzzer. Had a chance to close that game out at the freethrow line. So you can doubt if you want the facts say different.

That's not true

bdubyab60

Quote from: THA TRUTH on February 11, 2015, 08:49:21 pm
After watching the WCC CR game tonight I would say that if wcc can get out of the region they can win a game or 2 in state if not more. It's all about matchups and who you draw.  Wcc is very well coached and play very good man defense.  As far as Clarendon and jc go if they play a team that can handle pressure and make them work on defense then they can be beat.  They do nothing much on offense.  As far as CR goes no they are not last year's team at all but that doesn't mean that they are worse. Just different.  They are the type of team that would give Clarendon and jc fits because they would have the best player on the floor and can play at different speeds.  And seem to be well coached   in 3A I'm not sure how good ECS is because I have not seen them but I would put CR above the others ranked higher.  They are well coached and execute on offense very well and can guard   I'm ready for the post season to begin

If you are going to beat Clarendon, it will not be with a man defense, no offense, but no way does W.C.C. out athlete Clarendon or J.C. for that matter. Clarendon can run an offense when someone forces them too. Problem is, teams want to try to run with them and that's not happening. And I don't know who C.R. has that would be the best on the floor vs Clarendon or J.C., but if it's true, he must be some kinda special. J. Bell for J.C. is a beast and Ro for Clarendon can hold his own.

As for W.C.C. making noise in STATE, here is something to consider, they split with Augusta, per someone on here, which is pretty decent. BUT, Clarendon beat Augusta by 20+ both times.

as I remember CR beat Clarendon by 30 last year in the finals. As far as Clarendon goes they are the favorite to win it all in 2a but hang with ECS that's a big fat NO and CR would probably beat them this year too. Back to reality for those games will never be played you better not forget about Earle or EPC I've seen all these teams play and I'm going with EARLE to win it all in 2a.
CR is not the team they were last year and Clarendon returned everyone and is a year more experienced. I agree JC, Earle and Clarendon are in it to win it but I don't see EPC or WCC getting that close.
Yeah EPC just beat one of your favorites in their own gym. Not that close? Only losses of late were without 3 starters one game and those same three out most of another game while almost winning both of those. So EPC can beat any of the favorites.

This years favorites aren't outrigh favorites like CR was last year. Despite records I think Clarendon and JC are both beatable.

I would say going in, Clarendon is about as big of a favorite this year as C.R. was last year. Was C.R. undefeated last year? With multiple wins over larger schools?
While not undefeated they had beaten bigger schools. Ran through the NEA. Think they lost to one 2a school while playing with 5 players and their best 2 players hurt. A couple of their losses to Jonesboro, we all know how good they are and Brookland won state title. Hate to keep mentioning it but that CR team mercy ruled this Clarendon team.

Basically the same team that had to beat JC with a last second shot and you guys want to tell me that they are a bigger favorite than CR was. I don't think so.
I don't care if it was by 1 or 100, that was a tough tough game and both teams have their all. I doubt EPC could've come close to beating JC last year our this year.
You do realize we lost to them by 4 teh game before Clarendon beat them at the buzzer. Had a chance to close that game out at the freethrow line. So you can doubt if you want the facts say different.

That's not true
We were at the line up 1 or 2 and one of our best freethrows shooters. He missed we got the rebound and turned it over. Think JC scored the last 6 points. But EPC had the lead late in that game and had a couple of turnovers and missed freethrows.

So yeah it's true. I'm sure bleu has an article on how the game went somewhere.

doubled

Quote from: Ctucker on February 10, 2015, 10:35:17 pm
I was not at game but report I got was back in forth against cr got down to the end and we had to foul. We was up by 2 at halftime.I will take that against ceder would have like to of won but ceder Is a top 5 or six team in 3a. If we would have beat them by 10 we would be consider right at top of 2a but we didn't. was any body at this game I heard garret Horton had a nice slam,
one of the best dunks I ever seen

birddawg1986

Quote from: bdubyab60 on February 12, 2015, 06:20:37 am
Quote from: THA TRUTH on February 11, 2015, 08:49:21 pm

That's not true
We were at the line up 1 or 2 and one of our best freethrows shooters. He missed we got the rebound and turned it over. Think JC scored the last 6 points. But EPC had the lead late in that game and had a couple of turnovers and missed freethrows.

Yeah I was there also. EPC had a total collapse in the last 45 seconds of the game, and should have won. JC will talented, and always plays a good first half but then coach takes Bell, and the other bigs out of the post, and moves them to the wing and the whole team starts jacking 3s. Have not seen them this year but Im sure they will be a tuff out.

Ctucker

That kid can really get up he has had like 3 games this year with 5 slams and he dunks over people and he is 6 foot 1 inch they list him at six two.

bleudog

February 12, 2015, 09:33:22 am #106 Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 10:22:32 am by bleudog

Thanks for the confidence, but I'm afraid I can't help with the article.  EDNT changed servers since then so all the old stuff is gone.  Here's a post from the primary discussion thread after the game.

Quote from: bleudog on March 08, 2014, 09:25:09 pm
Quote from: bleudog on March 08, 2014, 04:32:46 pm
2A Boys: End 3Q Junction City 40 EPC 33 @ArkActAssnAAA

Can I assume EPC's game plan was to slow the game down?

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on March 08, 2014, 04:43:09 pm
Bluedog, EPC isn't very good at slowing the game..  Both teams I think are just pretty good defensively 

Quote from: bleudog on March 08, 2014, 04:54:52 pm
@2AStateHampton
@ArkActAssnAAA Junction City 54 East Poinsette County 50 Final

Quote from: mtindian42 on March 08, 2014, 05:46:58 pm
sounds like this was a great ball game...

1      2     3     4     Total
Junction    12    10   18    14     54
EPC           4     13   16    17     50

At least this year, JC was able to keep EPC from recovering from EPC's slow start.  Although tied at 50-50 with less than 16 seconds to go put that in jeopardy.

Congratulations to EPC for making the Sweet Sixteen.

You can click on the March 2014 date to go to the rest of the original thread.

bdubyab60

Quote from: bleudog on February 12, 2015, 09:33:22 am

Thanks for the confidence, but I'm afraid I can't help with the article.  EDNT changed servers since then so all the old stuff is gone.  Here's a post from the primary discussion thread after the game.

Quote from: bleudog on March 08, 2014, 09:25:09 pm
Quote from: bleudog on March 08, 2014, 04:32:46 pm
2A Boys: End 3Q Junction City 40 EPC 33 @ArkActAssnAAA

Can I assume EPC's game plan was to slow the game down?

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on March 08, 2014, 04:43:09 pm
Bluedog, EPC isn't very good at slowing the game..  Both teams I think are just pretty good defensively 

Quote from: bleudog on March 08, 2014, 04:54:52 pm
@2AStateHampton
@ArkActAssnAAA Junction City 54 East Poinsette County 50 Final

Quote from: mtindian42 on March 08, 2014, 05:46:58 pm
sounds like this was a great ball game...

1      2     3     4     Total
Junction    12    10   18    14     54
EPC           4     13   16    17     50

At least this year, JC was able to keep EPC from recovering from EPC's slow start.  Although tied at 50-50 with less than 16 seconds to go put that in jeopardy.

Congratulations to EPC for making the Sweet Sixteen.

You can click on the March 2014 date to go to the rest of the original thread.
Thanks Bleu. I looked back through this as well. EPC was up 50-48 with less than a minute and at the freethrow line. Whitfield missed the front end of a 1 and 1 but EPC got the rebound and called timeout. I think they expected JC to foul but JC just played defense and got a turnover. I think it was Bell that tied it at the line, 50-50. EPC got called for a travel while holding for the last shot if I remember correctly, may have just been a steal. JC ended up by 2 on the next possession and EPC shot one from halfcourt with like 8 seconds and JC rebounded and went to the line to close it out.

At any rate I was respoonding to a comment that EPC wasnt even close to JC or Clarendon last year when facts say otherwise. We had a chance to beat JC when everyone thought they would blow us out. we also played CR better than Clarendon did or at least we didnt get mercy ruled by them. Only point I was trying to make.

THA TRUTH

U see u are right about how the game happened but in ur previous post ur were wrong about when it happened

Silky Johnson

Yeah JC beat Conway st. Joseph in the quarterfinals.

bdubyab60

Quote from: THA TRUTH on February 12, 2015, 11:59:21 am
U see u are right about how the game happened but in ur previous post ur were wrong about when it happened
I see.

Ctucker

Didn't claredon play riverview this year and if they did what's riverveiw like?

tacomeat

Quote from: Ctucker on February 12, 2015, 04:13:10 pm

Riverview is a pretty good 4A squad. They have good guard play, but small. They might get to state, but I don't see them winning a game if they do. Deft not a favorite.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Ctucker on February 12, 2015, 04:13:10 pm

Clarendon won by 12

Ctucker

Ok thanks maybe we can give them a game.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas