• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ADG Super Six for 02/08/15

Started by bleudog, February 08, 2015, 12:17:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bleudog

Boys

1. Clarendon ...................................24-0

2. Junction City ...............................20-1

3. Earle .........................................19-6

4. Augusta .....................................22-5

5. England .....................................20-4

6. White County Central ..................27-5

Girls

1. Marmaduke ...............................30-2

2. England ....................................22-5

3. Parkers Chapel ..........................20-4

4. Johnson County WS ...................21-5

5. Spring Hill ................................19-4

6. Tuckerman ...............................22-7

CLICK HERE

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Anyone know anything about W.C.C.? With a 27-5 record who have they played? 

bdubyab60

Think they have played Augusta a couple times and split with the. I think anyway.

ridgerunner14

February 08, 2015, 05:32:14 pm #3 Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 09:09:53 pm by ridgerunner14
l

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: ridgerunner14 on February 08, 2015, 05:32:14 pm
I've seen WCC twice.....they are the real deal.....

Who did you see them play?  Have they played or beat anybody good?

Ctucker

WCC is pretty solid got at least 4 guys averaging double figures.Press and play man to man most of the time.got one kid a litlle over 6 feet that can jump out of the gym.When there hitting from outside they are hard to handle.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Ctucker on February 08, 2015, 06:18:01 pm
WCC is pretty solid got at least 4 guys averaging double figures.Press and play man to man most of the time.got one kid a litlle over 6 feet that can jump out of the gym.When there hitting from outside they are hard to handle.

Sounds good, but who have they played?

Silky Johnson

I know Cedar Ridge beat WCC earlier in the year but I think they play again this week.

Ctucker

Split with Augusta.went 12-0 in 2a2. Got cedar ridge and riverview this week.

Lions84

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Silky Johnson on February 08, 2015, 06:31:02 pm
I know Cedar Ridge beat WCC earlier in the year but I think they play again this week.

They lost to 1A Mount Vernon-Enola...

Ctucker

Also beat mount Vernon . We just hope to make state this we've never made it before. Got a new coach last year and he has really changed mind set in the boys.We have had great athletes for a while but now they have direction.

BoxNOne

If WCC wins their district, their first regional game with the #4 seed from 2a-3 will be interesting. That #4 seed will be a pretty good team.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Ctucker on February 09, 2015, 08:36:20 pm
Also beat mount Vernon . We just hope to make state this we've never made it before. Got a new coach last year and he has really changed mind set in the boys.We have had great athletes for a while but now they have direction.

Well good luck. Maybe it will happen for the team.

Ctucker

Halftime WCC 15 ceder ridge 13. No details I'm at work.My daughter is sending me score.

thabeast428

Ctucker

Ceder ridge 43 WCC 33 final no details.

bleudog

Quote from: thabeast428 on February 10, 2015, 08:28:32 pm
Jc girls beat pc tonight

Home game for PC.  Any idea what the score was?

thabeast428

Not sure score on girls but it was pc senior night and jc boys was up 30 something in the 4th.

tacomeat

Quote from: Ctucker on February 10, 2015, 08:42:07 pm

Playing CR a 10 pt game proves they're top 6 team & could (on a good night) beat anyone in 2A.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: tacomeat on February 10, 2015, 09:08:02 pm

Playing CR a 10 pt game proves they're top 6 team & could (on a good night) beat anyone in 2A.

No, that's not what that proves. Beating C.R. by 10 would be a statement. Losing by 10 means nothing. Especially without details on the game. C.R. isn't the best in 3A, and there isn't much difference, if any at all in 2A and 3A basketball.

tacomeat

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 10, 2015, 09:23:37 pm

No, that's not what that proves. Beating C.R. by 10 would be a statement. Losing by 10 means nothing. Especially without details on the game. C.R. isn't the best in 3A, and there isn't much difference, if any at all in 2A and 3A basketball.

CR definitely isn't the best in 3A this year - ECS is head & shoulders the favorite. Which they would be in 2A as well. There is a difference in the top teams between 3A & 2A this yr. Just as I'd say Clarendon would be a big favorite in 1A over Bay. I guarantee the folks at CR know that going for a 3 peat at 2A instead of facing ECS is the easier path. Not saying they do not want to see how the measure up w/ ECS; just it is what it is. This yrs CR is not last yrs

doubled

Quote from: tacomeat on February 10, 2015, 09:39:49 pm

CR definitely isn't the best in 3A this year - ECS is head & shoulders the favorite. Which they would be in 2A as well. There is a difference in the top teams between 3A & 2A this yr. Just as I'd say Clarendon would be a big favorite in 1A over Bay. I guarantee the folks at CR know that going for a 3 peat at 2A instead of facing ECS is the easier path. Not saying they do not want to see how the measure up w/ ECS; just it is what it is. This yrs CR is not last yrs
WCC is very good and will be a threat when post season starts. If they get out of their region they will be dangerous  but that's if. As far as CR goes they would be the favorite to win it all in 2a.  3A now that's a different story ECS is by far the favorite but I like being the under dog. WCC has the same problem CR had for years they play in the weakest conf in the state and hard to catch up at the end of the year. WCC CAN PLAY I WOULDN'T LET MY GUARD DOWN.

THA TRUTH

Jc girls were up 20 at one point but ended up winning by 10-12

Ctucker

I was not at game but report I got was back in forth against cr got down to the end and we had to foul. We was up by 2 at halftime.I will take that against ceder would have like to of won but ceder Is a top 5 or six team in 3a. If we would have beat them by 10 we would be consider right at top of 2a but we didn't. was any body at this game I heard garret Horton had a nice slam,

Pick_DA_EAGLES

February 10, 2015, 10:42:29 pm #25 Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 10:45:59 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: doubled on February 10, 2015, 10:11:18 pm
Quote from: tacomeat on February 10, 2015, 09:39:49 pm

WCC is very good and will be a threat when post season starts. If they get out of their region they will be dangerous  but that's if. As far as CR goes they would be the favorite to win it all in 2a.  3A now that's a different story ECS is by far the favorite but I like being the under dog. WCC has the same problem CR had for years they play in the weakest conf in the state and hard to catch up at the end of the year. WCC CAN PLAY I WOULDN'T LET MY GUARD DOWN.

Wrong again, ECS and Clarendon would be an excellent game. No, C.R. would not be the favorite in 2A. And no there probably is no difference in the top teams in 3A vs 2A. I would put Clarendon, J.C. and Earle up against the top 3 in 3A and would probably win 2 of the 3. Clarendon has about as impressive resume as a 2A team can have at this point. The C.R. team lost to much from last year's team to say they would be the favorite in 2A this year. Heck them being in the top 6 in 3A after losing what they did off last year's team is proof that 3A and 2A ball is on the same level.

bdog32

After watching the WCC CR game tonight I would say that if wcc can get out of the region they can win a game or 2 in state if not more. It's all about matchups and who you draw.  Wcc is very well coached and play very good man defense.  As far as Clarendon and jc go if they play a team that can handle pressure and make them work on defense then they can be beat.  They do nothing much on offense.  As far as CR goes no they are not last year's team at all but that doesn't mean that they are worse. Just different.  They are the type of team that would give Clarendon and jc fits because they would have the best player on the floor and can play at different speeds.  And seem to be well coached   in 3A I'm not sure how good ECS is because I have not seen them but I would put CR above the others ranked higher.  They are well coached and execute on offense very well and can guard   I'm ready for the post season to begin

Pick_DA_EAGLES

February 10, 2015, 11:13:27 pm #27 Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 11:16:58 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: bdog32 on February 10, 2015, 11:03:14 pm
After watching the WCC CR game tonight I would say that if wcc can get out of the region they can win a game or 2 in state if not more. It's all about matchups and who you draw.  Wcc is very well coached and play very good man defense.  As far as Clarendon and jc go if they play a team that can handle pressure and make them work on defense then they can be beat.  They do nothing much on offense.  As far as CR goes no they are not last year's team at all but that doesn't mean that they are worse. Just different.  They are the type of team that would give Clarendon and jc fits because they would have the best player on the floor and can play at different speeds.  And seem to be well coached   in 3A I'm not sure how good ECS is because I have not seen them but I would put CR above the others ranked higher.  They are well coached and execute on offense very well and can guard   I'm ready for the post season to begin

If you are going to beat Clarendon, it will not be with a man defense, no offense, but no way does W.C.C. out athlete Clarendon or J.C. for that matter. Clarendon can run an offense when someone forces them too. Problem is, teams want to try to run with them and that's not happening. And I don't know who C.R. has that would be the best on the floor vs Clarendon or J.C., but if it's true, he must be some kinda special. J. Bell for J.C. is a beast and Ro for Clarendon can hold his own.

As for W.C.C. making noise in STATE, here is something to consider, they split with Augusta, per someone on here, which is pretty decent. BUT, Clarendon beat Augusta by 20+ both times.

I'm ready for the real season to start too.

BrianfromCarlisle

Clarendon can hold their own with any team in Arkansas period. That is a well disciplined machine. I love watching those guys play.  It will be a pleasure watching them win it all this year. For anyone that thinks they can't play half court, go get you some.

doubled

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 10, 2015, 11:13:27 pm

If you are going to beat Clarendon, it will not be with a man defense, no offense, but no way does W.C.C. out athlete Clarendon or J.C. for that matter. Clarendon can run an offense when someone forces them too. Problem is, teams want to try to run with them and that's not happening. And I don't know who C.R. has that would be the best on the floor vs Clarendon or J.C., but if it's true, he must be some kinda special. J. Bell for J.C. is a beast and Ro for Clarendon can hold his own.

As for W.C.C. making noise in STATE, here is something to consider, they split with Augusta, per someone on here, which is pretty decent. BUT, Clarendon beat Augusta by 20+ both times.

as I remember CR beat Clarendon by 30 last year in the finals. As far as Clarendon goes they are the favorite to win it all in 2a but hang with ECS that's a big fat NO and CR would probably beat them this year too. Back to reality for those games will never be played you better not forget about Earle or EPC I've seen all these teams play and I'm going with EARLE to win it all in 2a.

BrianfromCarlisle

HAHA. really???  Clarendon beat the number one team in 5a pretty soundly if I'm not mistaken.

doubled

Clarendon will fold in the end as they did last year. Depends on how the regionals play out and the seating I say it will be Earle and J.C.  In the finals If their on separate sides of the brackets. . But good luck to all the teams.

doubled

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on February 10, 2015, 11:48:26 pm
HAHA. really???  Clarendon beat the number one team in 5a pretty soundly if I'm not mistaken.
not really saying much there 5a is really down this year but good luck to yall.

Silky Johnson

February 10, 2015, 11:53:39 pm #33 Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 11:57:11 pm by Silky Johnson
maxpreps says Clarendon beat McClellan by 8. They are def not the top 5A team though.
Earle, JC, Clarendon, and EPC are all teams capable of being there at the end. EPC won @Earle and has a good chance of beating Earle again with district at their place.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: doubled on February 10, 2015, 11:42:36 pm

as I remember CR beat Clarendon by 30 last year in the finals. As far as Clarendon goes they are the favorite to win it all in 2a but hang with ECS that's a big fat NO and CR would probably beat them this year too. Back to reality for those games will never be played you better not forget about Earle or EPC I've seen all these teams play and I'm going with EARLE to win it all in 2a.

And I'm sure Clarendon and their coach learned a lot from that game, they returned every important piece from that team. Clarendon beat j.c. to get to that game. That c.r.team  was special too. And I will go with a E.C.S. fan and his opinion that Clarendon and E.C.S. would be a great game.

BrianfromCarlisle

I'm not from Clarendon. But Clarendon wont be beat this year. And there are only a handful of teams that could beat them. They are quite simply, GOOD. I don't expect anyone from the higher classifications to agree. Fact is, the little river town will stomp your guts out this year and make you like it.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Silky Johnson on February 10, 2015, 11:53:39 pm
maxpreps says Clarendon beat McClellan by 8. They are def not the top 5A team though.
Earle, JC, Clarendon, and EPC are all teams capable of being there at the end. EPC won @Earle and has a good chance of beating Earle again with district at their place.

Don't leave out England.

Ctucker

We've been playing ceder for years and I wasn't at the finals last year but I would almost bet ceder played man to man defense.And I think they wore Clarendon out.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Ctucker on February 11, 2015, 01:04:14 am
We've been playing ceder for years and I wasn't at the finals last year but I would almost bet ceder played man to man defense.And I think they wore Clarendon out.

I think Clarendon was overwhelmed with being there last year, shouldn't be the case this year, since they were there last season. Not to mention that c.r. team was stacked.

Ctucker

WCC has another tough game this Friday. Play riverview at there place. Then district next week.Good luck to every one I hope we get to see some of yall at state.I think this might be the year we make it but we will have to beat a good team out of 2a3.GOOD LUCK TO EVERY ONE!

MomaLion

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on February 10, 2015, 11:30:30 pm
Clarendon can hold their own with any team in Arkansas period. That is a well disciplined machine. I love watching those guys play.  It will be a pleasure watching them win it all this year. For anyone that thinks they can't play half court, go get you some.
I love that lol...go get you some :)

MomaLion

CR is not the team they were last year and Clarendon returned everyone and is a year more experienced. I agree JC, Earle and Clarendon are in it to win it but I don't see EPC or WCC getting that close.

MomaLion

Quote from: doubled on February 10, 2015, 11:49:16 pm
Clarendon will fold in the end as they did last year. Depends on how the regionals play out and the seating I say it will be Earle and J.C.  In the finals If their on separate sides of the brackets. . But good luck to all the teams.
Lol, that's funny...Clarendon was not prepared for finals last year true enough, but you can bet they learned that lesson. I know these kids and they are focused on one thing and that's a championship.

MomaLion

You don't wear Clarendon out and that's a fact. They were better prepared.

doubled

Quote from: MomaLion on February 11, 2015, 06:06:08 am
You don't wear Clarendon out and that's a fact. They were better prepared.
well that's what happened and it's in the books so that makes it a fact. But good luck hope u get that ring

MomaLion

No, that doesn't make it fact at all...The fact is that CR won...in no way does that mean they wore Clarendon out lol. One thing I know is that CR didn't out athlete Clarendon, they out played them. With the exception of JC and maybe Earle(haven't seen them yet), nobody will have better athletes.
Until you see them play, your opinion isn't valid.  That being said, good luck in playoffs.

bdubyab60

Quote from: MomaLion on February 11, 2015, 06:00:43 am

CR is not the team they were last year and Clarendon returned everyone and is a year more experienced. I agree JC, Earle and Clarendon are in it to win it but I don't see EPC or WCC getting that close.
Yeah EPC just beat one of your favorites in their own gym. Not that close? Only losses of late were without 3 starters one game and those same three out most of another game while almost winning both of those. So EPC can beat any of the favorites.

This years favorites aren't outrigh favorites like CR was last year. Despite records I think Clarendon and JC are both beatable.

bdubyab60

Quote from: MomaLion on February 11, 2015, 06:56:20 am
No, that doesn't make it fact at all...The fact is that CR won...in no way does that mean they wore Clarendon out lol. One thing I know is that CR didn't out athlete Clarendon, they out played them. With the exception of JC and maybe Earle(haven't seen them yet), nobody will have better athletes.
Until you see them play, your opinion isn't valid.  That being said, good luck in playoffs.
There is a difference between wore them out and wore them down. Wore out as in, getting their tail spanked, taking to the woodshed or mercy ruled. I'm pretty sure that is what was meant by the statement wore out.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: bdubyab60 on February 11, 2015, 07:04:30 am
Quote from: MomaLion on February 11, 2015, 06:56:20 am
There is a difference between wore them out and wore them down. Wore out as in, getting their tail spanked, taking to the woodshed or mercy ruled. I'm pretty sure that is what was meant by the statement wore out.

That's how I took that statement too, bdub.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: bdubyab60 on February 11, 2015, 06:57:36 am
Quote from: MomaLion on February 11, 2015, 06:00:43 am

Yeah EPC just beat one of your favorites in their own gym. Not that close? Only losses of late were without 3 starters one game and those same three out most of another game while almost winning both of those. So EPC can beat any of the favorites.

This years favorites aren't outrigh favorites like CR was last year. Despite records I think Clarendon and JC are both beatable.

I would say going in, Clarendon is about as big of a favorite this year as C.R. was last year. Was C.R. undefeated last year? With multiple wins over larger schools?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas