• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A-6 DISTRICT TOURNAMENT

Started by BBALLMOM, February 03, 2015, 03:51:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MomaLion

Thanks for the info...I know our Jr girls play Marvell at 3.

BrianfromCarlisle

Since when is it ok to start games whenever the host feels like it?  If the game is scheduled for 7:30 it should start at 7:30. Walked in at 7:31, paid $20. Saw less than 1 minute of the first half. Great hospitality. Heard several Brinkey fans complaining on the way out as well.

BoxNOne

If you allow an hour and a half for junior games you are going to get way ahead as the day goes along. I went to 2A-3 junior tourney today. They allowed an hour and 15 minutes and were pretty well on time.

BrianfromCarlisle

Agreed.  Had I known that I only had to wait about 1 minute, I would've simply waited and not paid.  The guy taking money was gone shortly after half

jsky14

BrianfromCarlisle

bigworm

Where is the tourney being played? I'd be pretty upset if I showed up at game time and it was half over.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 06, 2015, 11:27:00 am
Quote from: Cheek on February 06, 2015, 11:13:23 am
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 06, 2015, 10:54:34 am
Cheek, how did y'all lose to hector?

They scored more points then we did.  Just joking.   They played a very good game on there court, and made shots when they needed to. Hector has two player who would start on any team in class 2A and that includes Clarendon.  They have a 6'4 kid that can flat stroke it from the outside, and the sophomore Tanner Gaines is one of the best athletes in the State of Arkansas and will battle for every rebound.    We got behind the eight ball early because our 6'6 post player picked up two fouls in the first minute, and pick up his third as soon as he got off the bench.  England had a lead for most of the game, but Hector took the lead with a few minutes left and we lost by one.   There are some schools around the State that have an extreme advantage playing at home.  The problem is you can not blame the officials, because they all call different,  and have to learn to play under these conditions.   

Gotcha,

Ruston Hayes is the kids name...Don't think he's that tall, but it wouldn't surprise me if he is, his Dad is pretty tall....If Hector was CONSISTENT, they'd be top ten this year I think...As I put it to a friend of mine, they play lights out ball for a couple minute stretch, then they'll play really bad for 1/2 a quarter...not sure what that problem is...It's definitely one of those not a good loss, but not really a bad loss either IMO...

MomaLion

I was there Brian and wondered why they started early.  I know when we were in the Pine Bluff tournament, Mills forfeited a game that came before ours and even though both teams were there, they waited until the scheduled time to allow fans to get there...which is what PW should have done.

Cheek

Quote from: HF on February 07, 2015, 11:44:39 pm
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 06, 2015, 11:27:00 am
Quote from: Cheek on February 06, 2015, 11:13:23 am
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 06, 2015, 10:54:34 am
Cheek, how did y'all lose to hector?

They scored more points then we did.  Just joking.   They played a very good game on there court, and made shots when they needed to. Hector has two player who would start on any team in class 2A and that includes Clarendon.  They have a 6'4 kid that can flat stroke it from the outside, and the sophomore Tanner Gaines is one of the best athletes in the State of Arkansas and will battle for every rebound.    We got behind the eight ball early because our 6'6 post player picked up two fouls in the first minute, and pick up his third as soon as he got off the bench.  England had a lead for most of the game, but Hector took the lead with a few minutes left and we lost by one.   There are some schools around the State that have an extreme advantage playing at home.  The problem is you can not blame the officials, because they all call different,  and have to learn to play under these conditions.   

Gotcha,

Ruston Hayes is the kids name...Don't think he's that tall, but it wouldn't surprise me if he is, his Dad is pretty tall....If Hector was CONSISTENT, they'd be top ten this year I think...As I put it to a friend of mine, they play lights out ball for a couple minute stretch, then they'll play really bad for 1/2 a quarter...not sure what that problem is...It's definitely one of those not a good loss, but not really a bad loss either IMO...

Good thing is Ruston is a Junior and Tanner is a Sophmore.  The bad thing is the Jr. High only had one quality player that will move up next year.  I would take Ruston in a second, but I know what you are talking about.  I have watched him play twice , and he tends to get lost at times .  I feel if he would put the team on his shoulders, they would be tough to beat. 

hogsfan4life

Cheek we have played

Hughes
Stuttgart x 2
Riverview
LR McClellan
Pine Bluff Dollarway
Pine Bluff

That is 7 tough out of conference games. I generally try to not rebuttle your ignorant posts but seriously if you don't have a vendetta against clarendon you sure act like it. It's pretty idiotic to suggest we need to play a tougher out of conference schedule.

Cheek

I have no problem with Clarendon.  This is a board to discuss athletics, and that is what I am doing.  If you will notice, all the teams you play are very similar except one.  I guess you will see what I am talking about when you go Mt Ida and Pangburn.   

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Cheek on February 08, 2015, 12:16:06 pm
I have no problem with Clarendon.  This is a board to discuss athletics, and that is what I am doing.  If you will notice, all the teams you play are very similar except one.  I guess you will see what I am talking about when you go Mt Ida and Pangburn.

Even at those 2 locations, There is no guarantee that they will play anyone who tries to slow it down.

Cheek

I can tell you that any 5aa team with the exception of England will slow it down and attempt to get you in a half court game.   The only team that can challenge Clarendon in the regionals is England or Poyen.  Clarendom and England play the same type of ball, but Poyen does not.  Poyen is a dangerous team because they have good guard play, and has a 6"8 post player that is difficult to defend.  England will have a more difficult time winning their first round in regionals due to the top four in the 6aa being all quality teams

hogsfan4life

I have been to regionals over there trust me. I agree with what you are saying there. I remember during Jamarlin's junior or senior year watching Clarendon play a very mediocre Mountain Pine team and the officials really dictated the flow of the game. No way they should have beaten Clarendon and Hughes in that tourney but when the officials help dictate the flow of a game that tends to happen. I'm nervous about having to go back over to the western side of the state to play slow ball because how the whistle is blown helps determine the outcome.

Cheek

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Cheek on February 08, 2015, 10:15:59 pm
Finally someone gets it.

He said it was the refs, not a "team". So are you saying should expect to be cheated?  ;D

Cheek

No they will not be cheated, but the officials can and will dictate the flow of the game.  Clarendon like England likes to apply ball pressure, and sometimes the officials will put a stop to it.   If you reach in or put a body on someone, they will call a foul.

MomaLion

It'll all be fine, I have every confidence that Clarendon will be prepared and ready to play.

cav2012

Is Hazen still playing? I don't keep up with the bball like I wish I did. But id still love to hear something. I must be the only person from hazen with Internet haha

MomaLion

Quote from: Cheek on February 08, 2015, 10:46:25 pm
No they will not be cheated, but the officials can and will dictate the flow of the game.  Clarendon like England likes to apply ball pressure, and sometimes the officials will put a stop to it.   If you reach in or put a body on someone, they will call a foul.

If they don't allow all the contact then how do you stand by your earlier statement...

"No joking,  you will feel you are in a different time zone.  I really hate playing in Mt Ida due to the fans.  I really hope Clarendom does not match up against Mt Ida at their place.   Clarendon would run them out of the gym,  but they will get bumped and brushed along the way.   This is a game where dunks would cost you, because Mt Ida will take you to the floor if given the opportunity .

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: cav2012 on February 08, 2015, 11:32:40 pm
Is Hazen still playing? I don't keep up with the bball like I wish I did. But id still love to hear something. I must be the only person from hazen with Internet haha

District tournament hasn't started yet cav.

cav2012

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 09, 2015, 01:07:24 am
Quote from: cav2012 on February 08, 2015, 11:32:40 pm

District tournament hasn't started yet cav.
thanks 👍

purplehajj

Lions84

purplehajj

84 Clarendon will make a run for the tittle I hope they win it! Heard serval people from HaZen say the were going to watch #24 just to watch him dunk!

Cheek

Quote from: MomaLion on February 08, 2015, 11:38:38 pm
Quote from: Cheek on February 08, 2015, 10:46:25 pm

If they don't allow all the contact then how do you stand by your earlier statement...

"No joking,  you will feel you are in a different time zone.  I really hate playing in Mt Ida due to the fans.  I really hope Clarendom does not match up against Mt Ida at their place.   Clarendon would run them out of the gym,  but they will get bumped and brushed along the way.   This is a game where dunks would cost you, because Mt Ida will take you to the floor if given the opportunity .

MomaLion, I guess you will have to see for yourself.   There is a difference in reaching and body checking while applying ball pressure in an attempt to get a turnover than hard screens and picks in half court sets.  Most of these mountain schools like half court basketball and this is what they want to play.   It works for them since they do not have the athletes like Clarendon, England or some of your other delta schools.  This type of basketball is rough due to all the screens, picks, elbows and pushing.  Good luck to Clarendon. 

MomaLion

Thanks...I'm sure they will be fine, just have to adapt to what the refs will allow.

Lions84

BBALLMOM

Any news yet on whether the tournament will start today?

MomaLion

BBALLMOM

MomaLion

Hazens booster Facebook page has all the info.

Lions84

Good I was worried it might not start till Thur or Friday with this bad weather.

Lions84

Clarendon Sweeps the District Tourney ! 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas